Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » HE LIVES!!!

Author Topic: HE LIVES!!!
GodGiven
Advanced Member
Member # 4960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GodGiven   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Chuck Amen

--------------------
Forgetting the troubles of the world is to walk the gospel of Jesus.

Posts: 26 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HE LIVES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Betty, and may the Lord bless you too. What the Lord has done in my life can barely be put to words. He is alive!!!

Your brother in Christ,
Chuck

Posts: 182 | From: Missouri | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God bless you Chuck. Your testimony is an story of the Awesome God we serve.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HE LIVES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot to praise the Lord for something else. Since my conversion I have been asked to preach the word in more than half a dozen Churches in my area. I also got involved in a recovery ministry for drug addicts and alcoholics that has grown from about 5 members two years ago to 75 a few weeks ago. I'm not saying these things to lift myself up, but to lift up the Lord. He alone is worthy of praise!!!

I like to tell people that He brought me from the pit to the pulpit, and from a serpent to a servant. Praise Him!!! HE LIVES!!!

Your brother in Christ,
Chuck

Posts: 182 | From: Missouri | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

I began smoking, drinking alcohol and using drugs, all before I was a teenager. The attitude that I had towards life gave me a complete lack of respect for others and their possessions. The drug and alcohol use only got heavier as I got older. In my 20’s I became addicted to methamphetamine and even began using needles to inject the drugs. I had reached the point where this world and its ways had taken everything from me, including a 10 yr. marriage and a relationship with my kids. I had tried everything that I knew to stop using, but I couldn't figure out how.

It was near this time in my life that a friend of mine, who saw my life was falling apart, began to tell me about Jesus and how much he loved me and cared about me. He told me Jesus had a greater plan for my life. I had never known about Jesus and did not have any church experience. I felt this Jesus he talked about might work for him, but my problems were much bigger than that. I needed something much more real to solve them. As time went on things continued to get worse and worse, to the point that I just did not know what to do anymore. I felt as if my back was against the wall and something was going to have to give. I had tried everything I knew to get my life together. If something did not happen soon death or prison were right around the corner.

Then I realized I had tried everything, but Jesus. That was when I got down on my knees and asked Jesus to come into my life. I knew that I couldn’t do it alone, I needed him and his forgiveness. At that moment he came into my life and has been with me ever since. I have to thank my Father in heaven everyday for what he has done in my life. Since the day I asked Jesus to come into my life, He has put my family back together and delivered me from drug and alcohol addiction. He has just totally restored my life and my heart. I have been drug and alcohol free for 34 months. I even quit smoking after an almost 25 year habit.

It is all because of Jesus. I said earlier, when my friend told me about Jesus I thought I needed something more real in my life. What I know today is, there is nothing more real than Jesus. He is a real friend, a real savior and He is the real answer to our problems. God’s word says Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. Today I believe that with all my heart.

I just want to say if you have problems in your life today, no matter what they are, I want you to know that Jesus is real. He loves you more than you will ever know. Don’t let this world lie to you and tell you that Jesus is not there. Just believe and call on his name and He is faithful to answer your call. I never knew Jesus before the day I called on Him, but since that day it has been like I’ve known Him forever. He’s the best friend that I’ve ever had, and He wants to be that same friend to you too. If you don’t know Him today, please don’t put Him off any longer. Whatever is wrong in your life, He is the answer. Just trust in Him, I’m so glad that I did. I will be praying that whoever reads this will take this opportunity to ask Jesus into their life. It would be the greatest choice you’ll ever make.

Your friend Chuck,

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement