Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » witness

Author Topic: witness
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard a preacher one time that Christians growing up in Church often feel like they do not have a testimony for Christ because we have been His chidren since a very young age. But we do have a testimony, a testimony of God's enduring power and faithfullness.
So do not feel badly about not having a bad best instead of rejoice in your faithfulness to God.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
I prayed for years for my son to be saved. I talked to him till I was blue in the face. Finally, I began to pray that God would send someone to my son that he would listen to. Now a little over a year later my son is saved and working in his Church. Sometimes, those we love will not listen to us.
betty

Exactly! I pray for him, I witness to him, and I pray that God would send someone else also! [1zhelp]

What's hard for me is that I grew up in the church, and never really had any "wild" ways, so I often feel like I don't really have a testimony. And, I get the feeling that's kind of the way he thinks, that I haven't ever really been through any hard times.

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I prayed for years for my son to be saved. I talked to him till I was blue in the face. Finally, I began to pray that God would send someone to my son that he would listen to. Now a little over a year later my son is saved and working in his Church. Sometimes, those we love will not listen to us.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RisamyRisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is often times hardest to witness to the ones closest too us, isn't it? I was in a similar situation with someone I was close to a couple of years back, and it can be very tedious.. but then one day he just got it, God removed the "barrier" and it was a very emotional moment for both of us. I believe that the same will happen for you and your friend, and I'll be praying for you both!

--------------------
Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin.. God picks you from the patch and washes the dirt off. He cuts out the top and removes the yucky stuff, and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light in you to shine for all the world to see!

Posts: 108 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 14 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have no fear redkermit, I also was a Catholic and have since recovered to a faith of my liking. NOT CUTTING DOWN CATHOLICS BY ANY MEENS!!
Just not for me.

[dance]

--------------------
JAVA, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."

Posts: 147 | From: Columbia South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, you have planted a seed redkermit, and with God's gentle witness through you, it will grow and flourish. [Smile]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've known my roommate for over 20 years. He grew up in a Catholic family, although they were never devout by any means. He believes generically that there is "a god". Well, every once in a while, God opens a door to witness to him, and last night was one of those times. We talked a couple hours about all kinds of things, but it was the most clearly and articulately I have ever been able to lay things out for him. And, all the praise and glory go to God.

It seems like sometimes, it's hardest to witness to those that we are closest to. I just pray that one of these days, he'll take that next step.

It's interesting, though, with regards to unbelievers having a veil over their eyes, and I can see it so clearly with him. There is something missing there when I try to witness to him, and you can tell. Even he knows it, but he refers to it as a "barrier" between us.

But, anyway, it was great to just be able to lay things out there openly and plainly. We only plant the seeds, it is God who does the watering and causes them to grow, right?

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement