Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » Got a job

Author Topic: Got a job
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great and wonderful news Laurie!!! [clap2]

I think that you will be a wonderful bank teller; where ever people go there needs to be light and salt even at the bank. And you have a gift for discerning need and for praying for people and for being an encouragement to others in spite of what is going awry in your own life at the moment. That is the power of God at work, sister Laurie and it is needed as much in the bank as in the lab. Perhaps even more?

We just lost a much loved person at our bank who has been a huge blessing to us for more than 3 years now. There were times in these past three years that I do not know what I would have done without her; I often saw her as an angel of the Lord there to save my rump.

She looked out for us; she was not a teller, but she was the person who processed checks and ACH transactions. One time we were stranded in Wyoming and our check that was supposed to be direct deposited did not come because of storms on the east coast that shut down power and computers across the country. We never carry cash and we depend on our debit cards when we travel. Without that deposit coming in, we were broke and stranded several hundred miles from home and all our bills which are paid automatically by ACH were going to bounce, and all it took was a phone call and she was able to hold all our outgoing transactions till the next morning when our direct deposit would get through and save the day.

If I ever forgot to move money from one account to another, she would always keep her eye open for our accounts and give a call or shoot me an email or move the money herself and email us that she had done so. If we were on the road for an extended period of time,(sometimes we get snowed in out of state) she would see that from our gas & hotel receipts coming through from all over and if she saw that we needed to move money she would email and say...I see you guys are not home and don't forget you have this or that coming out in the morning, do you want me to transfer from here or there till you get home and can make a deposit?

I am not looking forward to life without her and our relationship all began over her explaining to me how to work the telephone banking teller and all the ins and outs of when things posted. She just took us under her wing.

When my mom died she prayed for us and when we were going through the fiasco last year with our oldest daughter, she checked on me regularly to see how I was doing.

When there were good times like getting our new bug, she cheered with us and when I was in the hospital for so long with my leg, she kept things straight at the bank for Hal like transfering the money from our business account to our personal one so that our car payments would clear without a fee, because she knew that I was not there and that I am the one who usually does these things.

So, you see where ever people are, God is also and he is ever working through his saints that there be light and salt in the world. Even at the bank.

As for your ego...that had to make me chuckle because God is always working on freeing us from our egos. Christ esteem...not self esteem or title esteem or degree esteem or Dunn & Bradstreet rating esteem...just Christ esteem. But what more could we ever hope to be than what he is in us? The one who holds the universe together lives and works in your mortal body! Haleleujah!

[clap2]

What ever you do; do it unto the Lord Laurie and your life will be blessed and you will be a blessing. This job is no exception. To live is Christ..to die gain. LIVE life abundantly.

God bless you and keep you and use you in mighty ways that you cannot even begin to imagine sister Laurie.

In Christ,
Linda

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laurie,
I am so very happy for you. Please pray that Mark, my son in law will get a job very soon.
thanks, honey
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congrats Laurie!!

and good luck!

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praise God!!! I'm glad to hear this news Sis [Smile]

Just keep your focus on HIM and HE will direct your path [clap2]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LaurieFL:It is funny because I am a scientist, as some of you may be aware, and this job is a part-time bank teller pposition, so I find myself at odds with my ego in this role. That has been an area in which the Lord has been working on me for this 2-year journey though, so I know it will be more refining fire to make me what He wants me to be. I can see how He has been working on transforming me, because in this odd situation I know that HE has a plan for me, and His plans are GOOD plans, so I am excited to find out what He has for me to do in this new position.
It seems that the greater the plan God has for someone, the tougher the journey reaching that goal. I have found in my spiritual walk that the one absolute God demands from us is humility, and sometimes He seems to go to unbelievable lengths to teach us that lesson.

John 3: 30 He must be become greater and greater, and I must become less and less.

I'm really excited for you Laurie - congratulations on getting your new job!!! [spiny]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After a very long period of unemployment, the Lord ahs seen fit to provide me with a job. I knew it was probably coming soon, because I had finally become content and joyful in teh situation He had placed me in, and I believe that is part of His goal with me is for me to learn to be grateful, content and joyful in any situation. Of course, this means that I have to leave my situation in which I am joyful and embark upon the unknown, which is usually uncomfortable.

It is funny because I am a scientist, as some of you may be aware, and this job is a part-time bank teller pposition, so I find myself at odds with my ego in this role. That has been an area in which the Lord has been working on me for this 2-year journey though, so I know it will be more refining fire to make me what He wants me to be. I can see how He has been working on transforming me, because in this odd situation I know that HE has a plan for me, and His plans are GOOD plans, so I am excited to find out what He has for me to do in this new position. So many people prayed over this with me, that the Lord would shut the door if it was not the right thing, and He opened it wide and easily, so we believe it is His will.

Please pray that I will be humble and diligent and hard-working as the Lord would always have us be, and that most of all - His light shines through me to all who are lost and seeking.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement