Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » You have not because you ask not

Author Topic: You have not because you ask not
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another awesome praise report!!!

We often think we are selfish for asking, but the Bible is full of scriptures saying "ask and ye shall receive." God delights in bestowing gifts on us, such as we delight in giving our children gifts.

James 4:2 You want something but don't get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask God.

John 14:14
Yes, ask anything in my name, and I will do it

John 16:24 Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow! that is awesome! praise GOD!!!

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praise God!

Isn't He amazing hehe. "Ask and you shall receive." [Wink] I hope things are going well for you now Laurie, with the move and job search and all.

God bless and stay strong. [Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This praise report is such an example of how often we have not because we ask not.

My mom has had this condo/patio home that she was renting out for a couple of years. The renter moved out, so mom fixed the place up in order to sell it. All of a sudden, my husband and I needed a place to live, preferably free due to sudden financial calamity and our house selling, rendering us effectively homeless. So we were able to move right into her place and stay there 3 months until my husband got a job.

So once we moved out, back to work we went fixing up my mom's place. We still had some of our stuff there so we were heading to town last weekend to pick it up and to help do some painting outside the house. I called Mom to let her know we were almost there, and she told me the funniest thing.

She had been worried about what to do with the place, as it was old and the neighborhood is sort of going downhill, so she was just worried in general about it. She had not yet decided exactly what to do about the place. That morning, she realized that she rarely prays for herself at all, only for others. So she said a quick prayer about her condo and asked for help with the matter.

Not long after arriving at the place to contnue the work replacing some of the siding, a man walked up to her and asked to buy the house!!! He was able to pay cash, so it isn't necessary to jump through as many hoops in terms of mortgages and financing or even inspections! There will be no real estate fees or anything. They are closing this Friday!!! It was like the whole purpose of that little place was to be available for my husband and I when we needed it and to be removed from my mom's responsibility as soon as we no longer needed it. Praise God, He is so good!!

Can you imagine? Haha, sometimes I am so amazed at how God works, especially when we ask for it! I am not usually so fortunate myself to get such a quick response, but God likes to teach me patience because mine is slim! I couldn't be more pleased for my mother though [Smile]

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement