Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » God is Good!

Author Topic: God is Good!
SciptureAndPrayers
Advanced Member
Member # 3633

Icon 10 posted      Profile for SciptureAndPrayers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LaurieFl,

Praise God that He has brought you back into the fold!

I think that most of us old-timers who have been Christians most of our lives can remember times when we've drifted away for a while. Though we'd rather forget, there are lessons to be learned, even there. God is faithful, even when we aren't. And don't forget the parable about the sheperd who leaves the whole flock to search for the one lost sheep, and then gladly carries it back to the fold. Then there's rejoicing in heaven.

I, like you, am currently unemployed, and have been for some time now (nearly three years). Although this does occasionally cause me concern, the truth is that I'm doing okay, and though my lifestyle has changed drastically, I'm actually happier than I've ever been, because the Lord has moved closer to me than ever before in my life. In place of my anxiousness, He has given me peace and a since of stillness which my life really needed. Also, I've had all the time in the world to study His Word and spend time in prayer and in fellowship with other believers. I know that at some point I will have to return to the job market, but in the mean time I'm grateful for the opportunity to become more grounded in the Lord.

We'll all keep you in our prayers and ask the Lord to help you deal with the issues from your past. Be patient and trust in the Lord's timing.

[clap2]

--------------------
In Christ's love. Amen.

Posts: 345 | From: Rochester NY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ran away from the Lord years ago and have been living a life of self and sin. 18 months or so ago, God pulled the rug out from under me. All of my efforts and things I had worked for (material gain) were lost. I am a bit slow, and went through a time where I believed God had abandoned me and that He did not help those on Earth.

Praise God that my faith has been renewed. I slowly began to come around and began reading my Bible again, and have now found a wonderful church that is so spiritually alive and Biblical. I am learning to grow in my faith and trying to establish a foundation on rock rather than sand or shallow earth, but it is a struggle to fight my intellect that has ruled my life for so long (and got me into this mess!).

God has not changed my unemployment situation yet, but I have learned so much about how He takes care of us and is there for us. It is difficult because I do not know if he wants me to change careers or what, but I pray on it daily and read His Word, and I know He willopen a door when the time is right. I believe I am too spiritually immature to have anything handed to me just yet, so He is forcing me to grow, so I can better serve Him.

The most miraculous thing is that I have been forgiven of my sins which haunted me, and I cannot describe the weight removed from my shoulders. My pastor is also doing a phenomenal series on fear, which is helping me to learn to lean on the Lord and to cease living an enslaved life, for Jesus has released me from those chains.

I ask that you all pray that I continue to grow and that the Lord's will for me be revealed to me in the right time. There are residual messes remaining in my life as consequences of my past disobedience to God and my sinful nature, so I also ask that you all pray for me to respond to those in a Christlike manner and that they be resolved as the Lord wills it.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement