Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » Ever wonder??

Author Topic: Ever wonder??
wonderful_sky
Advanced Member
Member # 1808

Icon 7 posted      Profile for wonderful_sky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
James,
That was the word I was looking for, or maybe that was the word I was describing, GRACE I did not realize it at the time that was the word I wanted.

Praise the Lord for your son! [clap2]

Serving Him,
Sky [dance]

--------------------
He who kneels down to God, can stand up to anything [Prayer]

Posts: 220 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Favor Minded
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMEN!!

I cannot tell you how many times I and my family (We have 6 boys) have had the opportunity to learn that Gods grace is ever present, ever lasting and always abounding!!

One of the hardest things to do is to maintain faith when life deals us crushing blows.

Crushing blows can be as small as the clerk dropping a bag of popcorn that splatters all over to something more difficult such as losing a loved one.

I say that because I recently lost my grandson. My second oldest boy was going to be a first time father, but in her 8th month complications happened and they lost him.

His name ws going to be Caden James (James is my name: )

Anyway - that, along with several other life lessons began to make me seriously question, have doubts, caused me to be angry, upset, rude, and all the things that are not "Christian Like" or "Christ Like"

Thanks to the ever lasting, ever present comfort of the Lord however, so much good has come from what seemed to be very tough situations.

While still difficult to understand, my second oldest boy has developed a very strong interest in the Lord, and that all by itself is truly a praise report, it does not go without giving the Lord the recognition,

While I was gong about being so upset wtih God that he allowed the enemy to steal my grandson, he was answering my prayers of getting Josh saved.

I posted on my web site a little memorial for Caden, and with the Lord used that seed to bring Josh back to him.

While I was concerned about him turning even farther away because of his loss, the Lord miraculously brought him back around.

He has even taken my Left Behind movies home and watched them : )

Anyway - Not sure how appropriate that was for this thread, but it seemed so in that it is very much the little things -

God knew long before I did it, and even while I was feeling lost, angry and not real Christian like, that I would do the little memorial, and that he was going to use it for good, even it what seemed like a terrible situation.

Now he knows he will see him again, that he is with Jesus playing with him and he is dealing with things in a way that only the Lord could have brought about!

[Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Betty. My oldest dughter's Godmother was a great witness for me in my younger years. She never got flustered by anything. If a waitress were rude, for example, I would in those days be climbing the walls to say something or be rude back or complain to the manager. She would say to me, "oh, honey, maybe her feet hurt." Then she would smile and be all the more kind to the rude waitness or clerk.

I always saw this as God's grace upon her.

She loved the Lord so much and she truly believed that she was HIS witness in all that she did. She purposed to witness HIS love and kindness to all she met.

She was one of those people that just glowed with HIS glory and grace. It even shown in her physical person. She was a very large woman.. maybe 350 pounds or more, but She had a grace about her that even her size could not detract from. She was just beautiful, inside and out. She used to love to go dancing with her husband. They danced everything from tango to polka (she was German) and even at her size, she simply floated across the floor. What a joy to watch the two of them.

In those days, I was the complete opposite of her in personality and in presence, but her graciousness was something that witnessed to me the power of God. I used to pray that he would give me the grace that I saw in her to deal with life's troubles and He has in some ways, but he is still working on me in that department.

But as long as I live, I will always remember what HIS grace looked like on her and it was seen in those little things that you speak of.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 10 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So true it is the little things that can make a difference. I have found that if you get a clerk that seems to be rude, that with some gentle thoughtful words you can often bring a smile to this person's face and then when the next person comes up that are nice to them and the smile gets passed around. Of course there are sometime people are just plain rude and mean but most of the time, you have a tired worker who has been mistreated by customer. You kind words can change her/him attitude and the smile gets passed around.

When we share the love God has put in our hearts with others we are a walking bilboard for Jesus.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wonderful_sky
Advanced Member
Member # 1808

Icon 16 posted      Profile for wonderful_sky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am often awestruck by the majesty of my Lord and Savior. The answered prayers, even at times when I don't feel worthy. The nights that I find myself unable to sleep and sleep overcomes me while I lay there in bed praying. The little prayers that I send up throughout the day, that have little or no real pledge or question; just so that my gravy isn't lumpy, I can remember where I put the vaccum cleaner bags, and that money, much needed, comes in the mail today.

And then I wonder...am I worthy of even the little things? I sin, not proud of it, but I do, and God still answers my prayers. He even answers the big ones. Some might think that my sudden rememberance of where the vaccum cleaner bags are, or my gravy not being lumpy (I made great gravy) are incidental things but as I pray I know that they are not that, they are true gifts from my Savior.

Is there power in prayer? Of course there is! Want to feel really powerful? Make gravy, this time add a pinch of prayer!
[Smile]
Sky [dance]

--------------------
He who kneels down to God, can stand up to anything [Prayer]

Posts: 220 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement