Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » New Christian :)

Author Topic: New Christian :)
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RisamyRisa: How nice to hear an update on Matthew. It is wonderful to hear how God is working.

I wanted to point you to the Prayer thread. Because, If I am not mistaken Texas Grandma is one who has faithfully kept you and Matthew in Prayer during these many months and she is going through a tough time right now. I thought you might like to come to her side with the rest of us now in prayer for her and her husband.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RisamyRisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew became a member of our church a few weeks ago, and he is very much into the current bible study we are doing! The study is the "Song of Solomon" video series, which basically teaches about a couple and their relationship from attraction into dating, courtship, marriage, how to fight.. he very much wants to be the kind of husband God wants him to be and refuses to miss a single Sunday of this study!

He also just got a new job, so that's really exciting as well! Thanks for checking up on him! [Smile]

--------------------
Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin.. God picks you from the patch and washes the dirt off. He cuts out the top and removes the yucky stuff, and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light in you to shine for all the world to see!

Posts: 108 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultimate
Community Member
Member # 2989

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praise the Lord! God Bless you and Matthew.

--------------------
Mark 11:24 " Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when we pray, believe that ye recieve them, and ye shall have them."

Posts: 8 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How is Matthew doing?

Keep us posted.

Thanks

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Kiss] The heavens rejoice!!! [clap2] [clap2] [clap2]

What wonderful news RisamyRisa!!! [youpi] [youpi]

Thank you for keeping us posted. I know that this testimony will be a blessing in the ears of many here who I know have been keeping you and Matthew in their daily prayers.

[dance] Praise God to HIM be ALL the Glory! [hyper]

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RisamyRisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all,

I've been asking for prayer for Matthew for a long time, and it has paid off. He recieved Christ into his life just a couple of weeks ago!

I came to this board back in August with problems on my mind. I found myself dating someone who wasn't a Christian, and it was ruining both of our friendships with the friend that introduced us. In September Matthew decided that maybe he didn't know God the way he thought he did, and he went searching. At the right moment, God found him!

I'm happy to report that today, Matthew's faith has grown so much that he reminds ME to have faith when things get tough, our relationships with our friend have been repaired, and we are planning to get married in November! What a turn around! God really is awesome! Thank you all for being a part of this transition for us and keeping us in your prayers!

--------------------
Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin.. God picks you from the patch and washes the dirt off. He cuts out the top and removes the yucky stuff, and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light in you to shine for all the world to see!

Posts: 108 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement