Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » Inspirational Report from Israel 1/9/04

Author Topic: Inspirational Report from Israel 1/9/04
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 14 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friday, January 09, 2004.

This morning two of us went out to buy food. During that time we both had opportunities to interact with Israelis. One young Israeli woman came up to me and began to speak in Hebrew. I told her that I did not speak Hebrew and asked her if she spoke English. She said yes and we wound up talking on the sidewalk for about 20 minutes. During that time she shared that she is working three jobs because her parents are unable to find work and she has to support them. She also lives in one of the "settlements" that is going to be dismantled. After sharing some things about my faith and the prophesies in the Bible, I asked her to read Isaiah 53 on her own. I also made a commitment with her to pray for her and her family. She was so grateful that she was beaming. We hugged and she went on her way. This was definitely a divine appointment, and I felt very good about it!

Afterwards we went to the children's hospital in Tel Aviv to hand-deliver gifts. There were many happy expressions on the faces of most of the children and their parents. That brought us a lot of joy! Some babies and children were extremely sick - that was sad. We were able to pray for some of them and for their parents and, thereby, bring some comfort. One little girl in a wheelchair looked very unhappy, and not even the toy that I gave her brought a smile. I don't think that I can forget the look in her eyes. That will motivate me to pray for her.

We split up into groups of two or three to hand out the toys. Our group was the first to pass out toys and we were the first to finish, so we went to the lobby where we were all to meet. In the lobby there was a Muslim woman with her very young son. Although she only spoke a little English, we were able to establish a conversation. She is an Israeli citizen and fluent in both Arabic and Hebrew. She was sincerely friendly. We told her that we're Christians, and she said that a Christian had given her a Bible in English. I asked her if she could read it, and she said not well. I told her that we had a New Testament in Hebrew and asked her if she wanted it. She said yes. So, even though we were not allowed to pass out any literature in the hospital, we were able to plant a seed in at least one person.

In the afternoon, we went to Jaffa for some sightseeing. It is a beautiful old city that dates backs almost three thousand years. It is notable for two significant Biblical events. This is the port from which Jonah fled from the LORD. This is also the location of one of the most important turning points in early Christian history. It was in Joppa (modern Jaffa) at Simon the Tanner's house that Peter had his vision from the LORD of the unclean animals coming down in the sheet. This was the beginning for Gentiles coming into the church.

In the evening some of the team worshipped with the Messianic congregation that meets at Beit Immanuel. Over 200 people where present. We had two messages, one in Hebrew and one in Russian. After the three hour service, three people came forward and prayed for salvation!

Saturday is Shabbat in Israel and almost everything is closed. So we plan to make today a day of rest and worship. It has been an exciting week as the Lord has led us to many different places ministering in ways that we could not imagine went we arrived. We are awed that our Precious Lord would use us to share His love.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement