Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » Israel Mission Update 1/5/2004 By: Joe Countiss, AIM staff

Author Topic: Israel Mission Update 1/5/2004 By: Joe Countiss, AIM staff
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 14 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1/5/2004 By: Joe Countiss, AIM staff

Today was another beautiful day in Israel. Though this is supposed to be rainy season, the last couple of days have been sunny and mild. We are thankful for that.

We had the opportunity to go to Beer Sheva for supporting Youth with a Mission (YWAM) and Jews for Jesus as they did street ministry.

Besides being known for the wells Father Abraham dug here, Beer Sheva is also known as a central point where the kids in the military go to be transported to either their perspective base or home for a break. Here in Israel, it is mandatory for both male and female to serve in the army at the age of 18. It was amazing to see hundreds of them on the streets, all carrying their weapons as they were on their way to their destination. That's just a way of life here.

As the YWAM and Jews for Jesus teams were handing out tracks, our team did prayer walking all around the area praying for them, but must importantly, praying for the salvation of Israel. Many people were very receptive to the message while others were either indifferent or indignant.

It was wild to see one particular Jewish sect challenged in their efforts to interrupt the ministry. More than a few recipients of the tracts found it rather offensive to have someone grab it out of their hands telling them what to think. One of them came up to a man as he was reading the track and said, "Not Jewish" and the man responded back, "Neither am I!" The more they tried to tamper with what
God was doing there, the more interested people seem to be in what we were doing. It just reminded us of the struggles the Apostle Paul (and even Jesus) had with their own brethren.

At the end of the day, four people accepted the Lord, two Philipino and two Israeli Jews. Several others gave their names to be contacted for further follow up. Praise the Lord.

The team is doing well. We are still dealing with jetlag but are getting stronger every day. We have collectively discovered how good falafels are. Oh yes! We are not going hungry if anyone is wondering.

Keep praying for us!!!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement