Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » Updates on Missions Trip To Israel

Author Topic: Updates on Missions Trip To Israel
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 18 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something quite unexpected has happened. It seems that David Schiff (A.I.M. leader for this trip) had a problem with his Visa and was not allowed to enter Israel. This means the team is without an official leader (but they have Yeshua!! (Jesus)). This also means we’re not getting daily updates on the A.I.M. website (which is a little scary to me). I don’t know if any of the team members have laptops with them to submit reports, but as I hear from the Son of David Congregation Office I’ll keep you updated.

We really need to lift these folk up in Prayer… I have no idea what this all means to the Mission they’re on. But all is in God’s hands! His Will will be done [Smile]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 18 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Latest update on the A.I.M. (Adventures in Missions) Missions Trip to Israel
(My congregation – Son of David – is with the D.C. group)

1/1/2004 By: David Schiff

Off and then off again

Shalom, everyone;

As of this posting the part of the team from Atlanta has had to return to Atlanta and be rerouted through Chicago. There was a mechanical issue and so there have been some changes.

The folks leaving from D.C. have been notified prior to their take off and they will proceed with the Atlanta group coming about 6 hours behind them.

So - with your prayers and the hand of our Father the two groups will merge in Tel Aviv. In the mean time - a greater work was done. An elderly lady from Poland heard the gospel while Eldaly held her hand the whole way up and down. Baruch HaShem! I'll let Eldaly share the rest later. For now - our prayers are for a continued - uninterupted flight for both groups.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1/2/2004 By: David Schiff

Back on tract

Shalom, everyone;

As of 10:00 pm (Thursday night)the Atlanta group left for Frankfurt on time. I just got a call from Marilyn and the D.C. group is in Tel Aviv on the way to Joffa. Pastor Park was early, I spoke with him as well and he is on the way to the hostel, too. Marilyn and the others will enjoy Shabbat there with Congregation Beit Immanuel this evening. The Atlanta group should arrive in Tel Aviv around 4 AM (9pm EST)and proceed to meet the others for EARLY morning coffee shortly there after. Baruach HaShem!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement