Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » Praise the LORD (My testimony)....

Author Topic: Praise the LORD (My testimony)....
Demonexecutor
Advanced Member
Member # 1516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demonexecutor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the testimony and yes it did encourage me. It is like I heard a pastor say once he thinks all the time "Satan you should have killed me when I was down because now you don't even stand a chance."

Marcia

Posts: 22 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThePrayerWarrior
Advanced Member
Member # 1324

Icon 10 posted      Profile for ThePrayerWarrior     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear friends,
My Christian life began in 1997. I tuned into KTIS 98.5 fm and prayed the prayer commonly known as the sinner's prayer. Since then I've never been the same. During my 7th and 8th grade years, I was involved with a g*rl s*xually. We were so s*xually active, that it got me away from the LORD. I eventually broke up with her, as most of the s*xual activity was my causing. I repented and then began seeking answers. During that time I gave out my home address to over 2 dozen ministries without knowing it. They sent me materials that were supposed to help me.

Now I am proud to say the only ministries that contact me are KTIS 98.5, the Worship Network, & God's Daily Word Ministries. Christ knocked me down and said "ENOUGH!" I took control and now I am very very cautious of who I give my address too. My mom doesn't even let me give it to anyone except the Sierra Club, Autism Society of Minnesota, the World Wildlife Fund, the National Geographic Society, KTIS, The Worship Network, & God's Daily Word Ministries.

These recent months I was depressed. I wasn't praying, reading my Bible, nor was I listening to CCM. I was reading non-Christian related books, listening to Country music & Carlos Santana. I was questioning my faith and thinking of switching it to the Bahai faith. I thought since they believed in God, it was okay for me to switch. Boy was I wrong!

Christ once again knocked me down and I very slowly began praying again, listening to CCM, talking on Christian forums(first GF, but now I am here), and I am proud to say last night was the first night in 7 months that I've opened my Bible and actually read it word for word. 1 Chapter was all, but tonight, it'll be 3. 3 Chapters a night. Spring Break (which is next week) will be for me, a spiritual retreat. I'll be away from the Internet. Imagine how many emails I'll have (I get like 8 or 10 a day [eek] ). Anyways, once I come back from Spring vacation, I'll be a greater Christian. Last night, the Evil One brought up haunting memories to make me uneasy. I fought him off and he is no longer bothering me. NOW I AM A STRONGER CHRISTIAN. NOWHERE in my previous Christian life has my belief system been so strong! He can't touch me! He has no power over me anymore!!! PRAISE THE LORD! I hope this testimony has encouraged you. This testimony has shown me how much God works through each and every one of us to be HIS children. [Smile] [Lighthouse] [Cross] [Bible] [Prayer] [WOW] [Big Clap]

Posts: 51 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement