Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » My little finger!

Author Topic: My little finger!
melody
Community Member
Member # 1132

Icon 10 posted      Profile for melody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friends,
I've been going through a pretty rough time lately. During time of prayer, I was confronted with a question, "why do you limit God?".

I began to think deeply, and found that this is exactly what I do... day to day. I measure the time spans from one event to the other, and try to guage responses within the limitations of my own mind. Following a logical sequence, when things can't happen, I have already concluded "that's it, it can't happen this way".

I had lost the thrill of "living on the edge, trusting in God"... it was a phrase I liked, however, I was so full of my own thinking that I have fitted God into this little perceivable box called "Melody's mind"!. What a shame and how many blessings I had foregone!.

From today, I am determined to remove this barrier, and I am determined to let God out of the box and do his own thing in my life....!!

Well, this is how I put it into action .... Suddenly, to day, the forefinger on my left hand started paining, it kept going on during the whole evening...nagging...!
My first impulse to pray was immediately thwarted by my little mind saying" "How can your little finger be important to God when he has billions with huge problems waiting on him all the time?..Don't be ridiculous and behave like an idiot!"

Well, freinds, I overlooked that voice and started remembering that God does not belong in my boxed -in mind!. I was subconsciously stroking this finger as I brought it up in prayer. Well, the pain did not go away that second!!.

I was soon diverted to other things, and within minutes, I suddenly realized that my finger was healed !!. There was no pain!!

I am thrilled as I am reminded now, every second, that nothing is too small or too big, or too insignificant for our God!. He's just magnificent, and he will work the wonders is we only let him!!

[Smile]

Posts: 20 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement