Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » finally see the silver lining.

Author Topic: finally see the silver lining.
jesusluvsme
Advanced Member
Member # 359

Icon 7 posted      Profile for jesusluvsme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Jim. Thanx a bunch. God Bless.

Luv JLM. [Smile] [Big Clap]

--------------------
the purpose of life is to live a life of purpose.

Posts: 66 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim
Member # 1121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's some stuff for you:

Matthew 14:27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world

[Lighthouse] [Lighthouse] [Lighthouse]

Posts: 5 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim
Member # 1121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a scripture about thoughts someone gave me...

2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

There is something about reading that that gives me hope that I don't always have to be so messed up...seems to help to just whisper it to myself over and over again sometimes

Yes, I have went to therapy. My suggestion for you is to be very, very selective when you choose a therapist. Make sure the person you choose is rooted and grounded in the Word of God. Some therapists are not Christians at all, and they will lead you astray. God will show you the way, though...he really will...

I have went to many different churches over the years. Baptist churches, Methodist, Lutheran, Assembly of God, Church of God...I have tried out the Catholic faith, but I prefer to remain in a protestant denomination. I understand God better that way. To each their own, and God bless every person who whole-heartedly wants to love God and be free from sin.

When I lived in another state, I was going to a United Methodist Church, and I told the Pastor there that I had some really troubling problems and that I wanted to talk to somebody one on one about them. His answer was very mature, and very helpful. Instead of trying to take on my severe emotional and behavioural problems himself, he pointed me to a man who was both an ordained United Methodist minister, as well as a licensed therapist.

Through a patient and practised time of accountability with this person, I was able to learn a lot about myself, and I was at the same time able to grow closer to God. I might even suggest that you check into the United Methodist Church organization. I was able to find in their denomination a very loving Pastor, who guided me to another person who was able to share God with me in a private setting, and at the time, that was all I could handle.

Also, I was really poor, and I couldn't pay for therapy sessions, because most of the time they are very expensive. Because I was attending a United Methodsit Church, the church had a program that paid for 1/2 of my counseling costs.

I am sure that denomination may be in your local phone book...I am thinking that professional counseling is just one of the types of ministries they offer as a denomination...

I will be praying for you

Jim

Posts: 5 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jesusluvsme
Advanced Member
Member # 359

Icon 7 posted      Profile for jesusluvsme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Jim. Thank you for the scripture. How did you get over the fear an negative thoughts? I am still struggling but I am so much better as I said before.I am trying to think more positively. any tips did you have to go for therapy?

Luv
JLM.

--------------------

Posts: 66 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim
Member # 1121

My friend,

I, too know what it is like to be afraid to go into public and such. We probably wlaked two different paths, but I know what you are talking about.

Take this with you, a great scripture indeed:

Isaiah 54:17 "No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD."

Jim [Lighthouse]

njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep us posted on your progress, we truly love you and want to be a part of your growing,

God truly Bless you;

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jesusluvsme
Advanced Member
Member # 359

thanks for being part of the sharing! [Smile]

--------------------

Sojourner
Advanced Member
Member # 19

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Sojourner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing your testimony!
Posts: 276 | From: CA, U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jesusluvsme
Advanced Member
Member # 359

I am here to say that God is amazing and so patient. I was depressed the whole of last year I was not even sure I belived in God anymore I mean what if it turned out that he was not real after all, but that was something I needed to go through to be stronger. I do not feel that way after all what are feelings? they change but God does not. Anyway all these problems are because I have a social phobia and I will be starting treatment soon and I know there is hope now. I wake up now and the first thing I think of is God not myself, I am still afraid but I am not retreating because I am on God's side. Infact I do not even know how to put it into words but this year and the rest of my life is going to be different. I keep thinking of some verse that says 'Be of good cheer, I am Jesus, do not be afraid.' or something like that and I am happy and I want other people to be happy. [Big Clap] thank you for reading.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement