Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » New members in the Kingdom

Author Topic: New members in the Kingdom
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 16 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Kerrysl
Good to have you here. i have been trying to find my copies of "Foxes Book of Martyrs" and "Martyrs Mirror" Great testemonies, how the "grace" of God has been shed upon the "true" church..

Thanks you for the site you sent us. Share as God allows and visit anywhere you like and post as your led by God.

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerrysl
Member # 211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerrysl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my first post, and I think this is a very appropriate place to make it, considering my passion for hearing and publishing Christian testimonies.

It is always such a joy to read of Christians who despite the obstacles and persecution, maintain their joy in Christ are still effective in winning the lost to Jesus.

I think we in western democratic countries really fail to understand the blessing of freedom that we have been endowed with by our predecessors. I believe God gives us a different road to travel with different challenges, but I really think it is a much easier road than our persecuted brothers and sisters in Asia, Africa and the Middle East.

--------------------
Proximity leads to opportunity.
Therefore I want to be close to God.
Want to read powerful Christian testimonies?
www.byhisgrace.com/godatwork/default.htm

Posts: 5 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 15 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen...only 25% of those in the prison cell were born again...Thanks be to God because of one mans faithfulness now 50% in that prison cell are born again..PTL..now that is stats i love to hear..
WE will Linda remember those that are bound for the sake of The Christ..
Linda states:
quote:
Since his arrest two years ago, Manja has been sharing a single cell with three non-Christians. Through Manja's testimony of faith and joy, one of these men has received Christ as his Savior!
Love these posts, nothing can separate us from the love of God...Thank God for the man in prison, for He may never have heard if not for Manja. God (YaHWeH) is so good to us..

[Smile]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many of you know Gospel for Asia is one of my passions. I thought you might enjoy some news from Nepal:

Greetings from the staff of Gospel for Asia. I have some great news about Manja, our GFA native missionary imprisoned in Nepal. Although he still faces 18 more years in prison apart from his wife and two young children, Manja has not lost sight of the Lord's calling on his life-to reach Nepal with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Since his arrest two years ago, Manja has been sharing a single cell with three non-Christians. Through Manja's testimony of faith and joy, one of these men has received Christ as his Savior! What a blessing it is to hear this, especially in light of the fact that less than two percent of Nepal's 24 million people are known to be Christians.

Please be praying for the country of Nepal and our missionaries there as they are experiencing tremendous flooding. Over 400 people have died and some of our own GFA missionaries have lost friends and family members. You can read more below and see a picture of the flooding online at http://www.gfa.org/update

Thank you for praying and may the Lord be your shield and comfort today.

Latest News: New Believer Becomes a Missionary! (Asia) 07/24/02
Brother Manichand grew up in a well-to-do family that had its own private customs for worshiping gods in their home. But years of performing the ritual duties for the family caused brother Manichand to lose control of his body and mind. Evil spirits took over and ruled him, leading him to become an alcoholic. For years, he drank and drank and gradually drained the family's wealth as he fell victim to the liquor's control. Now desperate, he even tried to sell off family possessions to get enough money to buy more alcohol. It was in this tragic state that the family members began to contemplate suicide to escape their sad condition.

It was also at this time that a GFA missionary came to their village. While sharing the Gospel and distributing tracts to villagers, he came to a fork in the road. The missionary heard someone telling him to take the right fork but when he looked around, there was no one near him. He quickly understood that the Holy Spirit was telling him to continue his outreach in this direction. So, he obeyed the voice and went a little further. As he came to Brother Manichand's house, he again heard the voice telling him to visit with the people in that house.

The missionary could sense the power of darkness in the home as he entered it. But he also understood that the people there were without peace and were even contemplating suicide. Despite Manichand's family's declaration that they did not want the missionary's company, his offers to pray for them were accepted. After just a few minutes of prayer, the family members began to receive peace and a relief from their burdens. Brother Manichand became aware of God's power first and was changed by God's healing touch. Seeing his release from the bondage that had afflicted him, the family asked the missionary to return in a few days and pray more for their family.

Other family members were invited to hear the missionary and soon regular Sunday church meetings were being held in the home. The family also petitioned God for relief from their crushing financial problems. Brother Manichand prayed and was lead to seek a job in the army. While over 100 well qualified people interviewed for the job, Brother Manichand, despite his lack of qualifications, got a job that has helped lift the family out of their poverty.

There were many idols and photos of idols in Brother Manichand's home when the missionary first came to them. But after this experience, they cleaned out their home and burned all the idols they could find. Brother Manichand's whole family has now accepted Christ and regularly witnesses for the Lord Jesus Christ publicly. Brother Manichand now asks for us to pray for his mother, who is not physically well. Pray that the Lord may touch her and heal her completely very soon. Remember this family continually in your valuable prayers so that they can be ambassadors for the Gospel of Christ.

Also, I heard from Desi today, Minnesota is great. She lead a little 4th grader to Christ today. The little boy had never heard of Jesus, and He lives right here in the USA.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement