Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The New World Order (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: The New World Order
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
August 8, 2023
Happy Tuesday,

Devoted To Prayer

Acts 2:42
New King James Version
42 And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ [a]doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.

In these days it is important to have a strong prayer life. We cannot survive these days with just a morning and bedtime prayer. We need to communicate with God throughout the day.

Prayer sustains and strengthen us. Even a quick prayer can keep us from allowing our temper to get us into trouble. We can pray for others in a quick prayer when we see someone else who is suffering or overwhelmed by their circumstances.

Having an attitude of prayer will help us stay observant of hidden dangers to ourselves and others. We will also see those around us and their needs. We should pray that God will help us have a continual and strong prayer life.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
August 7, 2023
Happy Monday,

Approach God With Confidence

Promise #219:
Through faith in Christ, you can boldly approach Me with confidence.

Ephesians 3:12 (WEB)
in whom we have boldness and access 
in confidence through our faith in him.

When we become children of God, we are given the ability to approach God with confidence. We no longer have to cower in fear. Even when we sin and feel ashamed we can come go God with out fear.

We do not have to live in fear for perfect love takes away fear. God loves us with perfect love which enables us to come to Him in confidence.

Because God loves us we should return love others. Just as God loves us in spite of our mistakes, we should love others even when they are not perfect.
Betty

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 6, 2023
Blessed Sunday,

Firm Foundation

Build on the Rock
24 “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.
26 “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”
28 And so it was, when Jesus had ended these sayings, that the people were astonished at His teaching, 29 for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

It is important that our faith in Christ be established on the rock of our salvation. We cannot be established in Christ if our faith is wish-washy. Faith that comes and goes will not last through trials and tribulations.

We are so close to the rapture. How sad it would be to lose our way at this late in the game! We can not even imagine the heartache to come if we are left behind.

We must choose to build our spiritual house on the rock of Christ. We must choose to serve Him daily. There are many voices calling out to us to cause us to become discouraged, to lead us astray. We must choose to obey the Word of God and to serve Him and not seek to conform to this world.

Maranatha,
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 5, 2023
Happy Saturday,

Help Me, God, To Be Acceptable In They Sight

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14

I wish I could say that the words that come out of my mouth and my thoughts were always holy, but I can't. Going to the Doctor, on Thursday, at two different times drivers cut me off.

Although I did not curse, I called them names and fussed at them in my car. They could not hear me, but I did not say nice things about them. Did I think about praying for them? Embarrassed to say:” No”.

We often lose our temper and allow reasoning to go out the window. We do not think about how God feels about our lack of control. At that moment we are selfishly thinking only of ourselves.

Psalm 19:14 should be our daily prayer and desire.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 4, 2023
Happy Friday,

The Little Foxes

Song of Solomon 2:15
New King James Version
Her Brothers
15 Catch us the foxes,
The little foxes that spoil the vines,
For our vines have tender grapes.

Little sins can creep on us unexpectedly. I was reading my morning devotion today and the author wrote that his whole life he has lived near enough to see moving water.

Before I knew it I was feeling a little envy. I have always wanted to live near moving water. We lived on a very little river for one year and enjoyed it very much, but we were renting and it was not our own.

I asked God for forgiveness and let it go. Yet it reminded me that it is those little sins that creep into our hearts that often go unnoticed. This is why David prayed:

Psalm 139:23
New King James Version
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties;

We need to pray often that God will search our hearts and convict us of any little sins that can grow into big sins.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 2, 2023
Happy Wednesday,

In His Will

Ephesians 1:11
New King James Version
11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,

If we are honest with ourselves we will admit their are times we would override God’s will with our own. I admit if I could go back to Sept 1,2021, I would convince God if I could to heal my son on earth rather than in Heaven.

It is not just major issues that we would override God’s will if we could. In even little things we want our own way. We like having our own way. It doesn’t matter how many times our own will gets us into trouble, we are still tempted to want our own will.

Giving into God’s will is an act of surrender. We show our love for God by trusting that God knows best. A marriage can be a rocky road if both parties insist on having their way in everything.

Our life will go easier if we will be willing to trust God’s will in everything. This does not mean we will not have hard times, but God will be with us through the hard times. It is the fire that purifies the gold. We want to be purified before we go to Heaven, so we have nothing to be ashamed of.
God, help us live in Your will.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

August 1, 2023
Happy Tuesday,

Let Me Touch Jesus

I saw a joke on Facebook saying that you need Jesus to go to Walmart.
Truth is we need Jesus with us everyday and everywhere. Things can change in a heartbeat. We do not know what tomorrow holds.

Everyday is like a present. We do not know what is in it until we open it. Yet, we can live in peace, knowing that God knows the future.

We touch Jesus by taking the time to spend time in prayer with God and by reading the Bible. Take time to touch in with God before you begin the day.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 31, 2023
Happy Monday,

God Is With Us

Matthew 1:23
New King James Version
23 “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

Although Jesus went back to Heaven, He sent His Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit convicts sinners of their need for Christ and when the person accepts Jesus as their Savior, the Holy Spirit comes and lives inside of us.
He does not forsake or leave us.

This heat is unbearable and many people are feeling depressed and are beginning to wonder if God has forgotten His promise to come for us. We can rest in the knowledge that God is coming for us soon. As we live we should be looking for opportunities to share the Gospel with others and to pray for lost souls.

Titus 2:13
New King James Version
13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

We can depend on the promises of God. He has not forgotten His promises to come and take us to Heaven. His promises are true and reliable.

2 Peter 3
New King James Version
God’s Promise Is Not Slack
3 Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), 2 that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of [a]us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior, 3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” 5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. 7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and [b]perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward [c]us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Jude 16-19
New King James Version
Apostates Predicted
16 These are grumblers, complainers, walking according to their own lusts; and they mouth great swelling words, flattering people to gain advantage. 17 But you, beloved, remember the words which were spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ: 18 how they told you that there would be mockers in the last time who would walk according to their own ungodly lusts. 19 These are [a]sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.

Maintain Your Life with God
20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
22 And on some have compassion, [j]making a distinction; 23 but others save [k]with fear, pulling them out of the [l]fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.

Let God’s children hold fast to our faith trusting in the promises of God. We will be rewarded for our faith. Our hope is not in vain.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 29, 2023
Happy Saturday,

When Words Fail Us

Sometimes when we are talking, we lose our train of thought, and just like that we go blank. This can happen even when praying. The Holy Spirit will intercede for us. He will speak for us.

Romans 8:22-27
New King James Version
22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. 23 Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. 24 For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession [a]for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

God does not want prayers of elegant words. God wants prayers from our hearts. He wants us to be honest with Him. God loves us and He wants us to deal with Him with a loving heart.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 28, 2023
Happy Friday,

Victory, Ahead

“Promise #209:
Those who overcome will be made pillars in My temple forever.

Revelation 3:12 (WEB)
He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will go out from there no more. I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from my God, and my own new name.”

We can become so fixated on the problems of this world that we lose sight what is important. We forget how long eternity is compared to the time spent in a life time on this earth.

2 Corinthians 4:18
New International Version
18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Let us seek God’s face when we feel over come by the stress of this life. He cares about us and wants to help us. We need not fear the future. God knows the future and He will be with us in the future.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 26, 2023
Happy Wednesday.

How Firmly We Believe!”

We do not run life’s journey at full speed from beginning to the end. We enter life unable to even walk and many times we end life’s journey barely able to walk.

We run individual races, depending on our calling. I believe one of the most important jobs in the Christian faith is Motherhood. God has entrusted Mothers with the job of bringing up children from their birth.

The most important thing a mother can do is teach their children about God and to love God. When Mothers do that they are teaching their children the way to Heaven. They are also teaching their children to have faith in God to know that they can trust God through everything.

Life will bring challenges to our children. We do not know what our little ones will face. Installing a strong faith in God in them will help them in their spiritual walk with God.

Motherhood is often underrated on this earth, but not but by God. Teach our children to run their race with complete faith in God.
Betty

“God doesn't care how fast we run, but how firmly we believe!
He desires for you to reach the finish line with Paul's words in your heart, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing." (2 Timothy 4:7-8 NIV

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 24, 2023
Happy Monday,

Preserve To The End

“Daily Prayer for July 24
CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. Hebrews 10:35–36, NIV
Lord our God, we bow down before you in this time when you have brought us hardships and judgment. Change this earthly age, we beseech you. Bring in something from heaven so that your will may be done and your mercy come to all nations. Strengthen us on all our ways, we pray. We thank you for all you have done for us. May your name be praised and glorified at all times. We want to follow you and to remain in your heavenly life. ‘Amen.

I saw a race on television news where the runner that was ahead of everyone tripped and lost the race. That was sad to watch. Yet, how more sad it is for the one who has lived victoriously for God for most of their lives to only turn away from God at the end of their lives. To turn away from God to be misled by the devil and his minions.

The closer we get to the end of the Church age the stronger the attacks the devil will use to discourage believers or to lead them astray. How sad it is to hear someone say: “I used to believe the Bible was correct about this subject, but now I have changed my mind.”

The reality God has not changed His mind, nor will He ever. People change their minds to fit in with the crowd's opinions. God has never called us to fit in with the beliefs of the crowds. Jesus warned us that He was hated and so will we be.

We must decide if we will follow the truths of the world or the truth of the Gospel. In the end, God will judge all.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 24, 2023
Happy Monday,

Preserve To The End

“Daily Prayer for July 24
So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. Hebrews 10:35–36, NIV
Lord our God, we bow down before you in this time when you have brought us hardships and judgment. Change this earthly age, we beseech you. Bring in something from heaven so that your will may be done and your mercy come to all nations. Strengthen us on all our ways, we pray. We thank you for all you have done for us. May your name be praised and glorified at all times. We want to follow you and to remain in your heavenly life. ‘Amen.

I saw a race on television news where the runner that was ahead of everyone tripped and lost the race. That was sad to watch. Yet, how more sad it is for the one who has lived victoriously for God for most of their lives to only turn away from God at the end of their lives. To turn away from God to be misled by the devil and his minions.

The closer we get to the end of the Church age the stronger the attacks the devil will use to discourage believers or to lead them astray. How sad it is to hear someone say: “I used to believe the Bible was correct about this subject, but now I have changed my mind.”

The reality God has not changed His mind, nor will He ever. People change their minds to fit in with the crowd's opinions. God has never called us to fit in with the beliefs of the crowds. Jesus warned us that He was hated and so will we be.

We must decide if we will follow the truths of the world or the truth of the Gospel. In the end, God will judge all.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 22, 2023
Happy Saturday,

Sure-Footed

“Promise #203:
I will strengthen you with feet like a deer so you can reach great heights.

Habakkuk 3:19 (WEB)
Yahweh, the Lord, is my strength. 
He makes my feet like deer’s feet, 
and enables me to go in high places.”

It is important that we be sure-footed in our Christian walk. The devil would like to make us wander from a faithful walk into a path of confusion and doubts.

The longer the devil can keep us walking in confusion and doubts the less contributions we can make to the Kingdom of God. We can get caught up in our own desires and less concerned about God’s will. If we are not careful we can find ourselves choosing to camp out in selfishness and seeking our own desires.

This is not the time to live for self. This is the time to choose to live for God. We need to have a desire to make God happy. No one ever said that the Christian life would be easy. Yet too many of us are more concerned about self-comfort than pleasing our Savior.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 21, 2023
Happy Friday,

We Long For Thee, Oh Lord

Daily Prayer for July 21
“My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young – a place near your altar, Lord Almighty, my King and my God. Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you. Psalm 84:2–4, NIV
Lord God, our souls long for you and for your glory, for the day when it shall be said, "All is accomplished! Now your kingdom comes. Now your day appears. When we look back on all that has happened to us, everything becomes clear." We thank you that we can live without fear, again and again refreshed and renewed, waiting for the good you give on earth. Show us the way we have to go. Grant your blessing in our hearts so that in need and death, in fear and distress, we may always have light and strength. You are our salvation, Lord our God. From you comes the salvation of our souls. We trust you today and every day. We praise your name, and in you we hope for the day you hold in readiness for the whole world, the day when light will dawn in every heart. “Amen

We long for the coming of the Lord, when will be physically in His presence. When we will know Him, fully as we cannot on this earth! Our hopes and dreams are in Him.

So many things on this earth we cannot understand. One day the unknown will be made known to us. We will know why God allowed us to go through suffering. We will understand the path He put us on.

Until that day, trust in God. Worship and praise God every day and rejoice in His presence.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 20, 2023
Happy Thursday,

Living in the Blessed Hope

“For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.”

Every day we should live in the blessed hope of the rapture. We cannot control what will happen in our lives but we can choose to have hope knowing that the God who saved us from our sins, is coming for us soon.

Knowing the rapture is a real event and that Jesus is indeed coming for His children, gives us hope to survive each trial and burden. Because we have hope we can continue onward for God.

Paul said for us to comfort ourselves and others with the knowledge that the Scripture is true. The rapture is not a pipe dream, but a sincere promise from God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 20, 2023
Happy Thursday,

Living in the Blessed Hope

“For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.”

Every day we should live in the blessed hope of the rapture. We cannot control what will happen in our lives but we can choose to have hope knowing that the God who saved us from our sins, is coming for us soon.

Knowing the rapture is a real event and that Jesus is indeed coming for His children, gives us hope to survive each trial and burden. Because we have hope we can continue onward for God.

Paul said for us to comfort ourselves and others with the knowledge that the Scripture is true. The rapture is not a pipe dream, but a sincere promise from God.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 19, 2023
Happy Wednesday,

“The Word Became Flesh”

John 1:14
The Word Becomes Flesh
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

As long as we live on this earth, we can not comprehend the sacrifice Jesus made in leaving Heaven to live on earth. Even if we picture a person living on a mountain in a mansion with an ocean view and then downsizing to a one-room shack in the sticks, we could not comprehend the sacrifice that the Lord Jesus made to pay for the redemption of mankind.

Sadly millions and millions of people choose their own selfish desires over salvation and eternity in Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 18, 2023
Happy Tuesday,

God’s protection

“Promise #199:
I will blanket My protection over all who trust in Me.

Psalm 5:11 (WEB)
But let all those who take refuge in you rejoice,
Let them always shout for joy, because you defend them. 
Let them also who love your name be joyful in you.”

We are surrounded by the protection of God in this world and in Heaven. There is no need to fear, for we can be secure in the arms of God. We are sometimes hit with unexpected tragedies, financial difficulties, and health issues. Yet remind ourselves that God has not abandoned nor forsaken us.

Trust in God in all circumstances. Praise His Name even when we walk down hard uncharted roads. Remember our future is in Heaven. Where there will be more joy than we can imagine.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 17, 2023
Happy Monday,

Sow Love

No matter how our physical bodies are, we can be sowing love into the lives of others. A text or email of encouragement and a reminder that God loves the recipient can be a ministry of love.

Do not forget to sow love in your own home. We can easily become frustrated with our mates, especially when we both are old and cranky. This is when we need to pray for God to help us.

Young children can be tiring and no matter how much we love them, we can become short-tempered with them. There are times we need to ask God and them for forgiveness and give them a big hug.

Let us pray that God will help us sow love every day.
Betty,

Galatians 6:8
8 Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 16, 2023
Blessed Sunday,

I read about a Actor I had admired who died this year. His caregiver said that his last two words were profanity. It doesn’t sound like he was entering the gates of Heaven when he died.

This got me thinking about the millions of people who spend their lives seeking fame and fortune, not realizing they are on a road to hell. All the riches and fame on this earth are not worth eternity in hell.

The sacrifices we make in this life are worth it all when we see it, Jesus, and we enter into Heaven.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 16, 2023
Happy Saturday,

“On Christ Alone”

We can go through things that knock us off our feet. We can be hit with physical, emotional, and financial blows. We can lose our way in life. Yet, when we choose to come to Christ for help, He will give us hope for another day.

We may not immediately be removed from our circumstances but God will be with us through the choppy waters and scary winds. We need not give up when we trust in Christ our solid rock.
Betty

In Christ Alone Lyrics
[Verse 1]
In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My comforter, my all in all
Here, in the love of Christ, I stand

[Verse 2]
In Christ alone, who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
'Til on that cross, as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin, on Him, was laid
Here, in the death of Christ, I live

[Instrumental Break]

[Verse 3]
There in the ground, His body lay
Light of the world, by darkness, slain
Then bursting forth in glorious day
Up from the grave, He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ

Instrumental Break]

[Verse 4]
No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of Hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
'Til He returns or calls me home
Here, in the power of Christ, I'll stand

[Outro]
No power of Hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
'Til He returns or calls me home
Here, in the power of Christ, I'll stand

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 14, 2023
Happy Friday,

Tired and Weary

I did not have it in me to write my blog yesterday. I felt empty with nothing to give. We all have days when we feel our cups empty. It is not because God has abandoned us.

It is because we live in a corruptible body that is acceptable to illnesses and mental depression. I am not talking about the illness of depression, but the blues that can affect us for a day or two. Sometimes it is okay to give into the blues and just take a day or two to rest our bodies and minds. We must not stay there in the dumps but move on after we have rested.

Our time on this earth is coming to an end but God will be with us every day that we are here. He will give us the strength to carry on in a world where the Christian faith is no longer respected. We must remember that we are not called to be people-pleasers, but God-pleasers. Do not give up but serve God with dedication and determination.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 12, 2023
Happy Wednesday,

He Wants To Be Our Friend

1 Corinthians 12
New King James Version

Spiritual Gifts: Unity in Diversity
12 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I do not want you to be ignorant: 2 You know that[a] you were Gentiles, carried away to these dumb[b] idols, however you were led. 3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus [c]accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.
4 There are [d]diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works [e]all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by [f]the same Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

The Holy Spirit has many gifts that He gives to believers to help us accomplish the mission God has given us. We do not all have the same mission but, we all need the Holy Spirit to help us succeed in our mission.

Did you know the Holy Spirit wants to be our friend?

The friendship of the Lord is for those who fear him, and he makes known to them his covenant.” Psalm 25:14

When we become saved the Holy Spirit moves into our soul. The Holy Spirit knows us better than anyone. He wants to guide us and help us, but the person who grieves the Holy Spirit is in grave danger.

Ephesians 4:30
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

The Holy Spirit is a part of the Godhead. When we grieve the Holy Spirit, we grieve God. When we live in a way that pleases God, we are pleasing all of the Godhead, including the Holy Spirit.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 11, 2023
Happy Tuesday.

“Sincere Heart and Sure Faith”
Daily Prayer for July 11
“So let us come near to God with a sincere heart and a sure faith, with hearts that have been purified from a guilty conscience and with bodies washed with clean water. Hebrews 10:22, TEV
Lord our God, grant us true unity with your Son Jesus Christ, so that his power can be revealed in us and we may find new life in which we can truly serve you. Protect us from all error. Be among us with your Spirit to make us people who are genuine. Let your will be carried out more and more in this age. Let your will again intervene so that a new creation may come, a new heaven and a new earth, as we have been promised. May your name be great among us, may your kingdom come and everything in heaven and on earth be done according to your will. “Amen

Wishy-Washy faith will not get us into Heaven. It will not even help us in this life. We must determine to believe in God with all our hearts. We must determine to worship God in the good and the bad times.

When we determine to serve God through it all, He will give us peace. Even when we feel overwhelmed, we can ask God for peace. God loves us and He wants to grant us peace.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 10, 2023
Happy Monday,

WELCOME Home, My Good and Faithful Servant

There was a time when my motivation for being a Christian was not going to hell. Then my motivation became enjoying the glorious beauties of Heaven.

Now my motivation is to hear God say to me:

Matthew 25:21
King James Version
21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant:

Do not get me wrong, I still look forward to seeing my son again and all the relatives of mine that have passed on. Walking on the streets of gold will still be a marvelous sight. I am looking forward to walking into my new home in Heaven. Yet, it will all pale compared to hearing my God say that He is proud of me.

I still stumble and I still occasionally have to ask God for forgiveness when I lose my temper. I will never be perfect in this body, but I still long to live in a way that will make God proud of me.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 9, 2023
Blessed Sunday,

Encourgagement

“For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope” (Romans 15:4, NASB).

The Bible was written to show us the way to God. From the very beginning, the Bible shows us that we need a Savior. The Bible shows us the Savior is Jesus.

The Bible is a great source of encouragement. The Bible gives us hope not only for today but for our future in Heaven. Encouragement and hope are important in this generation.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 8, 2023
Happy Saturday,

Choose To Be Faithful

Joshua 24:15
New King James Version
15 And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of [a]the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

We must choose to be faithful. God is not going to force, us. God does not force salvation anyone. Any person who goes to hell, chose to refuse salvation. No one goes to Heaven or hell by accident. Each person makes their own personal choice.

Romans 10:9-10
King James Version
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 6, 2023
Happy Thursday,

What is the Greatest Commandment?

Matthew 22:36-46
36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
38 This is the first and greatest commandment.
39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

If we keep these two commandments, we will keep them all. To be a Christian we must love God and put Him first above all. If we live in the righteousness of Christ, we will keep all ten commandments.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 5, 2023
Happy Wednesday,

Worry and Strife

I have been talking about worry a lot lately. As I have said before, we live in worrisome times. Many people are worried about the dollar crashing.
The price of everything is going up.

Parents have additional worries. They worry about their children being indoctrinated in Schools. They worry about them getting mixed up with the wrong crowd. They are concerned about their children being injured or killed.

We must remind ourselves to take our worries and stress to God. Yesterday started out as a bad day. Hubby had dementia, issues. You cannot talk to a person who is convinced something happened that did not.

I say this so you can see I know what worry and stress are all about. Last night hubby was himself again. God does hear our prayers. He does care about our situations.

Whatever happens in the future God will be with us. We can trust God throughout all things. Let’s face it we will have times when we stress and worry. There is no shame in giving into worry and stress, but just do not stay there. Reach out to God for help.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 4, 2024
Happy Tuesday,

Happy Independence Day

America was formed by people who wanted to choose their own religion. To worship God in the way they felt in their own heart and spirits.

Americas are not perfect but we have done great things. We have fought alongside other people in two world wars to keep people free. We have also had our share of mistakes.

We started out with good intentions in Vietnam and Afghanistan, only to have our Government lose interest. This does not take away from the fact that men and women fought hard for the freedom of others. Some came home missing parts of their own bodies and others took their last breath fighting for the freedom of the people of these Countries.

With our faults, we can stand proud and salute our Flag, knowing Americans have done their best for America and other Countries. We have fought for the freedom of others. We have sent people to the Mission field to share the Gospel of Jesus. Like in war, many Missionaries died on their battlefields.

When we celebrate today, remind ourselves that everyone who fought for our freedom did not come home. Our freedom was paid for by the blood of many who choose to die rather than surrender. Remember to thank God who has chosen to allow America to be free and independent.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 3, 2023
Happy Monday,

Worry and Trust Do Not Go Together

As Christians, we consider ourselves trusting children of God, yet too often we worry. What if God does not provide for our needs? What if we have an accident? The devil can supply many what if’s for us.

I know what it is like to go through troubles. To lose my child was the worse. Yet even though I do not understand I can still trust that God knows best.

We must choose to trust God in all things. The choice is ours whether to give into the devil’s words or trust God.
Betty

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 2, 2023
Blessed Sunday,

Jesus Is Always With Me

Ephesians 3:17-18

17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,
18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,

Wherever I go, Jesus is with me. The thing is, do I let the Holy Spirit shine through me so others can see God working through me? Am I an example of God’s love?

The truth is sometimes I am, but sometimes I, am the opposite. We do not have to be this way. We can begin the day with prayer and Thanksgiving. We can seek to be rooted in God and established in His love.

The more time we spend with God, the more like Him we will be. We must remember it is a choice, our choice to make. God will not force Himself on us.

What do I want? Who do I want to be like? If we spend too much time enveloped in the world, we will become like the world. Let us choose instead, to be like Jesus.
Betty

Let Me Touch Jesus (Live)
Jimmy Swaggart

Lyrics for Let Me Touch Jesus (Live) by Jimmy Swaggart
Let me touch Him, let me touch Jesus,
So that others may know and be blessed.
Oh to be His hand extended,

Reaching out to the oppressed,

Oh Lord, am so tired,
Oh Lord, I need you so bad,
And there is only one way,

Oh to be His hand extended,
Reaching out to the oppressed,

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

July 1, 2023
Happy Saturday,

Live in the Light of God

Ephesians 5:8-9 says, For once you were full of darkness, but now you have light from the Lord. So live as people of light! For this light within you produces only what is good and right and true (NLT).

It is hard to always be good. There are times when we are tired, in pain, or dealing with issues that we become grumpy, irritable, and rude. What do we do, we apologize. We admit we were wrong.

We can trust God to help us in the bad times because He loves us, and He is willing to forgive us. Things are getting worse and we are around angry bitter people. We need to pray that we do not become angry and bitter. Ask God to give us a caring and kind spirit.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 29, 2023
Happy Thursday,

Am I Following God?

In the days we are living in, it is easy to lose our way. Sin is no longer hidden in the dark but paraded down main streets, in children’s shows, and approved of in some of our Schools.

Sadly, some Churches no longer preach again sin and some even promote sin as acceptable. We can find ourselves doubting the truth of God’s Word. Choosing to believe that God has conformed to this world and the world’s view on sin.

God has proven time and time again that He will tolerate sin forever.

Genesis 6
New King James Version
The Wickedness and Judgment of Man
6 Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, 2 that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose.
3 And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive[a] with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” 4 There were [b]giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.
5 Then [c]the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent[d] of the thoughts of his heart was only evil [e]continually. 6 And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7 So the Lord said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.

We can not overstate how important it is to stay focused on God and His Word. We are so close to the end of the age of the Church age. It is dangerous to dabble in sin so close to going home.
Betty

1 He leadeth me: O blessed thought!
O words with heavenly comfort fraught!
Whate'er I do, where'er I be,
still 'tis God's hand that leadeth me.
Refrain:
He leadeth me, he leadeth me;
by his own hand he leadeth me:
his faithful follower I would be,
for by his hand he leadeth me.
2 Sometimes mid scenes of deepest gloom,
sometimes where Eden's flowers bloom,
by waters calm, o'er troubled sea,
still 'tis God's hand that leadeth me. Refrain
3 Lord, I would clasp thy hand in mine,
nor ever murmur nor repine;
content, whatever lot I see,
since 'tis my God that leadeth me. Refrain
4 And when my task on earth is done,
when, by thy grace, the victory's won,
e'en death's cold wave I will not flee,
since God through Jordan leadeth me. Refrain
Psalter Hymnal, (Gray)
Author: J. H. Gilmore

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 28, 2023
Happy Thursday,

How Do We Stand On God’s Promises?

First of all, we must know what they are. If we do not read the Bible we will not know what the promises of God. We must choose to know God’s Word for ourselves.

Secondly, we must trust. The promises mean nothing.. we do not trust God to fulfill His promises. We must choose to trust in God.

Thirdly, we must choose to know God. The more we know God, the stronger our faith in Him, will grow.
Betty

HYMNAL: Standing on the Promises
Listen:  https://youtu.be/hPjkmM3F1kw
Author: Russell Kelso Carter
---- 
1 Standing on the promises of Christ, my King,
Through eternal ages let his praises ring;
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
Standing on the promises of God.
---
Refrain:
Standing, standing,
Standing on the promises of God, my Savior;
Standing, standing,
I'm standing on the promises of God.
---
2 Standing on the promises that cannot fail.
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,
Standing on the promises of God. [Refrain]
---
3 Standing on the promises of Christ, the Lord,
Bound to him eternally by love's strong cord,
Overcoming daily with the Spirit's sword,
Standing on the promises of God. [Refrain]
---
4 Standing on the promises I cannot fall,
List'ning ev'ry moment to the Spirit's call,
Resting in my Savior as my all in all,
Standing on the promises of God. [Refrain

--------------------

knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
June 27, 2023
We show our love for God by trusting Him in all circumstances.
Betty

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.[a]

Thank you for this post I needed to hear this.
God bless you Betty.

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Posts: 426 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 27, 2023
Happy Tuesday,

Losing Our Way

As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him.”
Colossians 2:

We all have difficulties in our lives. There are times when we are hit with more than one problem at the same time. We can be so overwhelmed with physical and mental pain that aw lose sight of God.

I myself do not understand why God is allowing me to suffer from dementia while trying to help hubby with his which is worse. At the same time dealing with horrible headaches. I wish I could say that I was righteous enough that I always take the high road, but no. I give in to grumbling and complaining to God just like the Israelites.

We must remind ourselves that God knows our weaknesses better than we do. He sympathizes with our pain and frustrations. We can take our troubles to God. He does hear our prayers. What do we do when the answer does not come right away? We trust God. We show our love for God by trusting Him in all circumstances.
Betty

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.[a]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 24, 2023
Happy Saturday,

God Still Cares

I have been having these headaches that start at the front of my right ear and goes through my ear and across the right side of my head. These headaches make it hard to think also. I see a doctor about them Monday.

The thing is I have been having these headaches for over six months. I mention them occasionally to the Neurologist but do not press the issue. Why? Because I am afraid of what I will find out.

We can get caught up in fear about many things. Fear about our jobs, the safety of our family, and fear of the future just to name a few. We get so focused on our fears that we can lose sight of God.

Truth is we cannot change what is ahead but we can choose to focus on the goodness of our Heavenly Father. Reminding ourselves whether we live or die, God will be with us.
Betty

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.” -  Philippians 4:8

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 23, 2023,
Happy Saturday,

“All About Me”

We as human beings have become more concerned about our needs than others. Our comforts and needs are our priority. This is sadly the case, even over the desires of God.

Luke 9:23
New King James Version
Take Up the Cross and Follow Him
23 Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross [a]daily, and follow Me.

Carrying our cross is no longer popular. We want God to give us our best life now. We need to see the big picture and desire to have our best life in eternity when it will last for eternity.

A close relationship with Christ often requires personal sacrifices. This is not pleasant and we often resist it, but God wants us to surrender to His will.

Anything we give up here we will be rewarded in Heaven, for. We can trust God to make everyone right when we enter the gates of Heaven.
Maranatha.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 22, 2023
Happy Thursday,

“Faith Comes By Hearing”

Romans 10:17
New King James Version
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Children of God, many of us are growing tired and weary. We do not see why God has not come and gotten us. We see evil growing by leaps and bounds and very little justice.

We must remind ourselves that we are not privy to God’s plans. It is not our place to demand God perform our will. Yet, God is not blind and deaf to our pain and sorrow.

We read God’s Holy Word to build up our faith so that we can stand strong for God even when we have questions. It is easy to say that one day we will understand, but faith in God will help us wait until that time. God will reward us for our faith and trust in Him.

Betty

1 Corinthians 15:58
New King James Version
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 21, 2023
Happy Wednesday,

Where is Your Gratefulness

When God brought the Israelites out of Egypt, it was not long before the people begin to grumble. God provided food and kept their clothes and shoes in good shape for 40 years. Yet they grumbled about the type of food and when water was scarce.

Before we get to thinking poorly of them we also tend to complain, ourselves. We do not understand why our prayers are not answered immediately or the way we want. We must be willing to accept God’s will even when His will differs from ours. Remind ourselves that God knows best.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 20, 2023
Happy Tuesday,

Where Is God?

Have you ever felt abandoned by God? You feel your prayers are following on deaf ears. You are not alone. King David, a man that God called after His own heart, questioned where was God.

Psalm 13:1
New King James Version
How long, O Lord? Will You forget me forever?
How long will You hide Your face from me?

Yet David encouraged himself in the Lord:

Psalm 13:5-6
New King James Version
5 But I have trusted in Your mercy;
My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.
6 I will sing to the Lord,
Because He has dealt bountifully with me.

We can also encourage ourselves in the Lord even when God seems to be silent. In these times of silence, our faith is built up in the Lord. We choose to have faith in the silence instead of doubting God.

In times of silence instead of doubting God, continue to do His bidding. Work for God with a heart of love. Use your time wisely instead of grumbling. Walk in the wisdom of God.

Ephesians 5:15-21
New King James Version
Walk in Wisdom
15 See then that you walk [a]circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, 16 redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
17 Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is. 18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, 20 giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, 21 submitting to one another in the fear of [b]God.

One day we will understand why God allowed us to go through dark times when we are overwhelmed with tears. Until then keep our eyes on Jesus, the One who died for our redemption.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 19, 2023
Happy Monday,

“He Lives In Us”

BIBLE VERSE OF THE DAY: “Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, ‘Abba, Father.’” – Galatians 4:6
He Lives in You

“Heavenly Father, fill our hearts with your spirit. Let us face the day with the knowledge that you are with us always. Amen.”

As travel through this life every day, we can sometimes feel lonely. Yet, we are never alone if we accepted Jesus as our Savior and Lord. When we repent and give ourselves to God, the Holy Spirit comes and lives within our hearts.

Ephesians 1:13-14
New King James Version
13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who[a] is the [b]guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

1. The Holy Spirit teaches us.

John 14:25-28
New King James Version
The Gift of His Peace
25 “These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. 26 But the [a]Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 28 You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because [b]I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I.

2. The Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin.

John 16:7-8
New King James Version
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

3. Dwells in Believers and Fills Us
The Holy Spirit is God’s presence in the lives of believers.
“Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you?” (1 Corinthians 3:16, ESV)

4. Source of Revelation, Wisdom, and Power
“These are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who knows a person’s thoughts except for their own spirit within them? In the same way, no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God” (1 Corinthians 2:10-11).

5. Guides to All Truth and Knowledge of What Is to Come
“But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you” (John 16:13-15).

6. Gives Spiritual Gifts to Believers

1 Corinthians 12:7-11
New King James Version
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by [a]the same Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

7. Seal in the Lives of Believers

“And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory” (Ephesians 1:13).

8. Helps in Our Weakness and Intercedes for Us

“In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God” (Romans 8:26-27).

9. Makes Believers New and Grants Us Eternal Life

“But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you” (Romans 8:10-11).

10. Sanctifies and Enables Good Fruit in Our Lives

Galatians 5:16-21
New King James Version
Walking in the Spirit
16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: [a]adultery, [b]fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, [c]murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:22-25
New King James Version
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 [a]gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Betty

Thank you, Christianity for the use of the outline.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 18, 2023
Blessed Sunday,

Happy Father’s Day

No one had a perfect father, but most of us had a father that loved us and did his best to be a great father. Some fathers who started out bad, did their best to make up for it in their older years.

Our Heavenly Father is and always will be our perfect father. We can always trust God. We can be assured that whatever God allows to happen to us, there is a reason for it and someday we will understand.
Betty

The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father who art in heaven, 
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. 
Thy will be done 
on earth as it is in heaven. 
Give us this day our daily bread, 
and forgive us our trespasses, 
as we forgive those who trespass against us, 
and lead us not into temptation, 
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom and the power, and the glory, 
forever and ever.
Amen.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 17, 2023
Happy Saturday,

Time To Repent

“The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!” Mark 1:15, NIV

The time is to be saved because the rapture is drawing close. Sadly, as we get closer, people are becoming more angry at God and Christians. They do not see that they are losing their chance to miss the tribulation.
Even worse is they will blame God for their being left behind.

We must keep praying and sharing the message of the Gospel until the last moment. We must give the lost every chance to accept the truth before it is too late.

The Bible says because people reject Jesus they will accept the messenger of satan.
Betty

2 Thessalonians 2:5-12
New King James Version

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the [a]mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only [b]He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 16, 2023
Happy Friday,

God Do All Things

“Promise #167:
I am able to do more for you than you could possibly imagine.

Ephesians 3:20 (WEB)
Now to him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly
above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,”

We sometimes doubt that God is going to provide for us. I must admit that after my son died, I started to wonder if God would answer my prayers, because He took my son from me.

Then I realized that God did answer my prayer. Just not the way I wanted. I wanted my son healed on earth, God chose to take him to heaven instead. It still hurts that God made that decision. Yet, I must trust Him.

Perhaps God has made choices in your life that causes you pain. We all have to trust that God knows best. One day we will understand until then we love and trust our Heavenly Father.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 14, 2023
Happy Wednesday,

Do Not Give Into Doubt and Fear

Hebrews 10:32-39
New King James Version
32 But recall the former days in which, after you were [a]illuminated, you endured a great struggle with sufferings: 33 partly while you were made a spectacle both by reproaches and tribulations, and partly while you became companions of those who were so treated; 34 for you had compassion on [b]me in my chains, and joyfully accepted the plundering of your [c]goods, knowing that you have a better and an enduring possession for yourselves [d]in heaven. 35 Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. 36 For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise:
“For yet a little while,
And He[e] who is coming will come and will not [f]tarry.
Now the[g] just shall live by faith;
But if anyone draws back,
My soul has no pleasure in him.”
39 But we are not of those who draw back to [h]perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul.

We must endear to the end. We must not lay aside our faith and embrace doubt again. For when do so we bring shame to our Heavenly Father. When do allow doubts and fears to seep into our minds, seek forgiveness from God.

God will forgive us, if we seek forgiveness. We will not accidentally walk in righteousness and truth. We must determine in ourselves to do so.

1 Corinthians 15:58
New King James Version
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

Colossians 1:23
New King James Version
23 if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.

Colossians 1:23
New King James Version
23 if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.

2 Peter 3:14-17
New King James Version
Be Steadfast
14 Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; 15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.
17 You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked;

Lord Jesus protect us from wandering from the path, You have chosen for us. Help us to be faithful children.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 13, 2023
Happy Tuesday,

“Walking With A Light”

Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. 
Psalm 119:105

This world is being overcome by evil and darkness. I never dreamed that Science would be rejected to accept the lies of the devil. Even today when a body is found, the body is identified as male or female.

The devil is working overtime to confuse people so they are vulnerable to his attacks. If we are not careful we can be tempted to believe the lies of the devil.

Genesis 5:2
New King James Version
2 He created them male and female, and blessed them and called them Mankind in the day they were created.

Self-confusion does not come from God but the devil. This does not mean as Christians we are at liberty to dislike people who are caught up in the devil’s web. We are to love them and pray for them.

God’s Holy Word is a light to show us the truth. We can always trust God’s Word in all things. Pray daily for one another.
Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

June 12, 2023
Happy Monday,

We Must Desire

Matthew 5:6
New King James Version
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
For they shall be filled.

We must have the desire to grow strong in faith and firm in our trust in God. If we are not careful, we can become more concerned with pleasing people than God. It might even take sacrificing our own desires to please God.

When we get to Heaven many of us, including me, will see so many missed opportunities that we let go that we could have made a difference in another’s life. I can be so self-absorbed sometimes, that I miss opportunities to be a blessing to others. We cannot fix the past but we can pray to do better in the present and future.

We must seek opportunities to help others and to work for our Heavenly Father. We must desire to want to grow spiritually and to fulfill the jobs that God has given us for His Kingdom.
Betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement