Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The Forty Pre-Ascension Days

Author Topic: The Forty Pre-Ascension Days
Sa:ji:sdo:de
Advanced Member
Member # 13749

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Sa:ji:sdo:de     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
†. Luke 24:36-43 . . And as they thus spoke, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

. . . And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. And when he had thus spoken, he showed them his hands and his feet.

. . . And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any food? And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. And he took it, and did eat before them.

The Watchtower Society (a.k.a. Jehovah's Witnesses) claim that the body Jesus invited his friends to examine was not an actual human body. They allege that it was a materialized body, i.e. an avatar. In other words: the human body of the Society's Jesus never recovered; it's still dead.

"If Jesus were to take his body of flesh, blood, and bones to heaven and enjoy them there, what would this mean? It would mean that there would be no resurrection of the dead for anybody. Why not? Because Jesus would be taking his sacrifice off God's altar." (page 237 of the April 15, 1963 issue of the Watchtower magazine)

In the Society's thinking, there no longer exists a human Jesus; he's undergone a species change: now he's an angel.

Angels are spirit beings; their bodies are invisible to the human eye. A fully functioning human avatar was allegedly Jesus' way of showing his friends that their beloved master, although dead, was still in existence.

Well; if Jesus really and truly had undergone a species change, then why didn't he tell anybody about it? But not once did he ever let on that the body his friends were invited to examine wasn't really him.

Well that, in my estimation, would be the grandest fraud ever perpretrated; even exceeding Bernie Madoff's colossal Ponzi scheme, and that's saying something!!

Jesus Christ is revered by Christians the world over for his honesty and integrity. It is just absolutely unthinkable that God's son would ever mislead people like that, any people, let alone his friends. Bernie Madoff misled his friends; but Bernie is a degenerate sociopath.

Jesus proclaimed "it is I myself". Well; I for one am satisfied that the body his friends were invited to examine really was himself rather than a very clever disguise.

NOTE: Had Christ not returned as the very same species of life that he was when he departed; his prediction at John 2:19-21 would have been easily proven false.

/

Posts: 1245 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advanced Member
Member # 13749

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Sa:ji:sdo:de     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
According to Ps 16:8-10, Matt 12:40, and Acts 2:25-31, Christ's soul was in the netherworld while waiting for his body's resurrection. And according to Luke 23:43, the location was a paradise.

The only paradise I know of that satisfies those criteria is the afterlife site where Abraham was residing in the story that's told at Luke 16:19-31. The story is commonly referred to as a parable; but I kinda have my doubts about it being a parable for a number of reasons.

Fiction can be defined as stories about people, places, and events that, though untrue; are plausible; viz: realistic.

Fantasy can be defined as stories about people, places, and events that are not only untrue; but implausible; viz: unrealistic.

For example: a story about a wooden boy like Pinocchio is unrealistic; while a story about a boy with autism is realistic. The difference between Pinocchio and the autistic boy is that the one is compatible with normal reality; while the other is far removed from normal reality.

I have yet to read even one of Jesus Christ's usual parables that couldn't possibly be a real-life story. They're all actually quite believable-- banquets, stewards, weddings, farmers sowing seed, pearls, lost sheep, fish nets, women losing coins, sons leaving home, wineskins bursting, tares among the wheat, leavened bread, barren fig trees, the blind leading the blind, et al.

Now; if Christ had told a story that alleged the moon was made of green cheese; we would have good reason to believe that at least that one was fantasy; but none of his usual parables are like that. No; there's nothing out of the ordinary them. At best; Christ's usual parables might qualify as fiction; but never fantasy because none of them are so far removed from the normal round of human experience that they have no basis in reality whatsoever.

I think it is very safe to conclude that if Luke 16:19-31 were in fact a parable, it would at least be based upon reality because it would be inconsistent for all the other stories Jesus told to be realistic and then have him tell just the one that's not.

The parable theory has a fatal flaw. Abraham is not a fictional character: he's a real-life man; the father of the Hebrew people, held in very high esteem by at least three of the world's prominent religions: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. And he's also the friend of God (Isa 41:8). I simply cannot believe that Jesus Christ-- a man famous among normal Christians for his honesty and integrity --would say something untrue about a famous real-life man; especially about one of his Father's buddies.

And on top of that, the story quotes Abraham a number of times. Well; if the story is untrue, then Jesus Christ is on record testifying that Abraham said things that he didn't really say; which is a clear violation of the commandment that prohibits bearing false witness.

There is something else to consider.

The story of the rich man and Lazarus didn't originate with Jesus Christ. No, it originated with his Father. In other words: Jesus Christ was micro-managed.

†. John 3:34 . . He whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God

†. John 8:26 . . He that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

†. John 8:28 . . I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

†. John 12:49 . . I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

†. John 14:24 . .The word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

So, by alleging that Luke 16:19-31 is fiction/fantasy, the parable theory slanders God by insinuating that He's a person of marginal integrity who can't be trusted to tell the truth about people, not even about His own friends.

/

Posts: 1245 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advanced Member
Member # 13749

-
†. Luke 23:43 . . Jesus answered him: I tell you the truth; today you will be with me in paradise.

Three days later, after passing away on the cross and rising from the dead; Jesus said:

†. John 20:17 . . Jesus said: Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father.

So; where was this paradise about which Jesus spoke in Luke 23:43?

There's a paradise in heaven (Rev 2:7) but I don't think Jesus was there because according to Ps 16:8-10, Matt 12:40, and Acts 2:25-31, Jesus soul was in the netherworld; which, according to the second chapter of Jonah, is down rather than up.

The only paradise that I'm aware of located in the netherworld is the area where Lazarus and Abraham were situated during the event recorded in Luke 16:19-31.

/

Advanced Member
Member # 13749

-
†. 1Cor 9:1 . . Have I not seen Jesus our Lord?

Well; if Paul wasn't telling the truth about his close encounter of a third kind with Jesus, then people today relying upon his writings, who've never seen Jesus for themselves; are no less gullible than Jim Jones' followers.

†. 1Cor 15:13-17 . . If Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile.

/

Advanced Member
Member # 13749

-
†. Acts 1:1-3 . . The first account I composed, Theophilus, about all that Jesus began to do and teach, until the day when he was taken up, after he had by the Holy Spirit given orders to the apostles whom he had chosen. To these he also presented himself alive, after his suffering, by many convincing proofs, appearing to them over a period of forty days, and speaking of the things concerning the kingdom of God.

That's fine that Jesus showed himself alive to the apostles by many convincing proofs; but where's our proofs? How are his followers today supposed to be convinced Jesus is alive?

/

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement