Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Rom 1:5

Author Topic: Rom 1:5
clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Romans 1:32
KJV 32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
Thomson 32 Some having recognised God's law, That they who do such things deserve death, not only do the same things themselves, but have even a complacency in them who commit them;

These are my thoughts.
We as Christians by following the Lord, live for higher standards, we aren’t to live this way.

--------------------
God's word is truth

Posts: 303 | From: TN | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Romans 1:31
KJV 31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Thomson 31 without understanding, covenant breakers, void of natural affection, implacable, unmerciful.

These are my thoughts.
Do we look more like this or do we look more like Jesus?

--------------------
God's word is truth

Posts: 303 | From: TN | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 1:30
KJV 30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Thomson 30 backbiters, haters of God, insulters of men, insolent, boastful, inventors of evils, disobedient to parents,

These are my thoughts.
These are actions of the flesh and thru Christ we aren’t to live this way.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 1:29
KJV 29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Thomson 29 filled as they were with all manner of injustice, lewdness, maliciousness, covetousness, mischief, being full of envy, murder, contention, fraud, evil habits; being whisperers,

These are my thoughts.
We are not to be filled with these things but be filled with the Spirit.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 1:28
KJV 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Thomson 28 And as they did not search out God to have constantly a due sense of him, God gave them up to an undiscerning mind to do things unseemly,

These are my thoughts.
We need to have our minds on the Lord because we don’t want this to happen to us.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 1:27
KJV 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Thomson 27 and in like manner the males also leaving the sex, were inflamed with desires towards each other, which they most shamefully indulged, men with men, and received in themselves the retribution which was justly due to their error.

These are my thoughts.
Shame this is signal that helps us know wrong, sadly we are living in a society that doesn’t want people to have shame and sin is often accepted as a result.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 1:26
KJV 26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Thomson 26 therefore God gave them up to infamous passions; for even their women perverted the instinct of nature;

These are my thoughts.
We don’t want to fall away from God to our sinful desires but let Him lead our desires to a place that glorifies Him.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 1:25
KJV 25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Thomson 25 They changed the truth of God for a falsity, and worshipped and served the creature, and not the creator who is blessed forever, Amen:

These are my thoughts.
Man follows after false truths and things that make them feel better but by doing this they miss real blessing.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 1:24
KJV 24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Thomson 24 therefore God delivered them up, by the desires of their own hearts, to impurity, that by themselves their own bodies might be dishonoured.

These are my thoughts.
We don’t want God to do this to us; we should want to deliver from sin not delivered to sin.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 1:23
KJV 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Thomson 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God for an image representing coruptible man, and birds, and four footed beasts, and reptiles;

These are my thoughts.
People turned to idols, we don’t have to turn to idols of life because we can have a personal walk and relationship with the Lord.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 1:22
KJV 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Thomson 22 pretending to be wise, they became fools,

These are my thoughts.
Fools often want to look wise, do we simply want to settle for letting people be convinced we are wise or do we want to strive for biblical wisdom?

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 1:21
KJV 21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Thomson 21 because when they knew God, they did not glorify him as God, nor give him thanks, but became vain by their ill- grounded reasonings, and their foolish heart was darkened;

These are my thoughts.
We need to be different and in all things we do, glorify God.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 1:20
KJV 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Thomson 20 for his invisible attributes, both his eternal power and divine majesty, being thought upon, are from the creation of the world clearly discoverable by the things made, so that they are without excuse

These are my thoughts.
God was good even before the world began.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 1:19
KJV 19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
NHEB 19 because what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.

These are my thoughts.
It is such a blessing that God reveals things to us, this doesn’t happen all at once but He keeps doing this as we walk with Him, constantly showing us things.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 1:18
KJV 18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Thomson 18 for the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of the men, who by unrighteousness repress truth.

These are my thoughts.
God’s wrath is be poured on the wicked, those who don’t walk after Him, after the Truth.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 1:17
KJV 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
Thomson 17 For by it there is revealed a justification of God's appointment because of belief, that we may believe. As it is written, "But the just shall live because of belief:

These are my thoughts.
We are just because of our believe in our righteous Savior Jesus.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 1:16
KJV 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Thomson 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of the Christ; for it is the power of God for salvation to every one who believeth, to the Jew in the first place, and also to the Greek.

These are my thoughts.
We should not be ashamed of the gospel but boldly live and proclaim it.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 1:15
KJV 15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
Thomson 15 so that as far as it rests with me, I am ready to publish the glad tidings to you also who are at Rome.

These are my thoughts.
If it was up to Paul he would have went right away to preach the gospel to Rome. Life as Christians aint up to us but is up to God who we follow.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 1:14
KJV 14 I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise.
Thomson 14 I am a debtor both to Greeks and barbarians, to both the learned and the unlearned,

These are my thoughts.
Paul was called to be used to all people. We maybe called in a certain area or a certain people but we should be open to be used by God any where He chooses.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 1:13
KJV 13 Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles.
Thomson 13 Now, brethren, I would not have you ignorant that I have hitherto been hindered, though I have often heretofore purposed to come to you, that I might have some fruit among you even as among the other nations.

These are my thoughts.
We should not let what other believers aren’t able to do hinder our walk with the Lord. We also should to strive to be an encouragement to other believers and help them bear fruit.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 1:12
KJV 12 That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.
Thomson 12 that is, to partake of consolation among you by the faith which is mutually in us, both yours and my own.

These are my thoughts.
We should encourage each other in faith.

--------------------
God's word is truth

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you,
Clark

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 1:11
KJV 11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;
NHEB 11 For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to strengthen you;

These are my thoughts.
We should have a desire to serve and have love for each other.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 1:10
KJV 10 Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you.
Thomson 10 that by the will of God I may at length have some how a favourable opportunity to come to you.

These are my thoughts.
It is God’s will that we as Christians find opportunity to serve Him.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 1:9
KJV 9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;
Thomson 9 For God, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his son, is my witness how incessantly I make mention of you, intreating always in my prayers.

These are my thoughts.
We are to serve God and this is made possible by Jesus and we should be praying for each other.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 1:8
KJV 8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.
Thomson 8 In the first place, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your belief is celebrated throughout the whole world.

These are my thoughts.
We should give praise to God for others faith and what He allowed us do to help them.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 1:7
KJV 7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Thomson 7 to all who are at Rome, beloved of God, called and consecrated; favour be to you, and peace from God our father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

These are my thoughts.
When we follow God we should be at peace.

--------------------
God's word is truth

TeeRex
Member # 14240

Icon 15 posted      Profile for TeeRex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A very important reminder, indeed.

Amen.

Posts: 2 | From: Philippines | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 1:6
KJV 6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:
Thomson 6 among which you indeed are called ones of Jesus Christ.

These are my thoughts.
We are called by Christ to salvation.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Romans 1:5
KJV 5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:
Thomson 5 [namely]] Jesus Christ, our Lord, by whom we have received favour and an apostolical mission, that for his name there may be an obedience of faith among all the nations,

These are my thoughts.
By God’s grace we received all His blessings to us.

--------------------
God's word is truth

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement