Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » A Babe in A Manger

Author Topic: A Babe in A Manger
clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus is coming back as the King going into battle.

--------------------
God's word is truth

Posts: 303 | From: TN | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Carol.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're right Betty, our Lord Jesus Christ ascended as a grown man, our glorious King. He will return to judge the world at the end of the Tribulation, and His enemies will be destroyed. In fact, many millions of them will be destroyed before He returns, by His judgments during the Tribulation - the Seven Seal Judgments, the Seven Trumpet Judgments, and the Seven Bowl Judgments.

Concerning the Millennial Kingdom, though, there will be sin. It is an earthly kingdom and people will be born during that time, both Jews and Gentiles. They will need to choose Christ or reject Him, the same as us.

Isaiah tells us this about those who reject Him:

No longer will there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, Or an old man who does not live out his days; For the youth will die at the age of one hundred And the one who does not reach the age of one hundred Will be thought accursed. Isaiah 65:20

I find it pretty amazing that in a world where there will be no pollution, no political corruption, no unethical business dealings, no child abuse, etc. etc. etc., some people will still grow up to choose a sinful lifestyle. It won't be a matter of belief because Christ will be physically present. They will reject His authority, His moral code. It's even more amazing to me that He will allow them to indulge themselves for 100 years, giving them plenty of time to repent, before they die.

Those who choose Christ and are saved will live to the extent of years (likened to Adams day),

for as the days of a tree, so shall be the days of My people.

At the end of the Millennial Kingdom, 1000 years, unbelievers who are alive will be recruited by Satan and rebel, but Christ will destroyed them.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The reason there will be no sin is because Jesus will rule with a fist of iron. Remember at the end of th 1,000 years satan will be let lose and many will follow him.

The point of what I wrote is Jesis is no longer a baby and He will bring judgement on sinners.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaplain Bob
Advanced Member
Member # 5019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaplain Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
During the Millennial Kingdom there will be no sin or Satan on Earth so Jesus will not need to "rule with a fist of iron". Read Rev. 19 & 20 is you really want to know what will happen.

--------------------
In His Service,
Bob Allen

Posts: 209 | From: Checotah, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Jesus is no longer a babe in a manger

I was watching a reality show the other day and a contestant kept saying: 'thank you baby Jesus". This bothered me a great deal and as I thought about it, I realized why. Some people like to think that Jesus is still the baby in the manger. I believe it is because a baby can't judge people or tell a person what to do. The Bible makes it clear that when Jesus returns in the second coming that He will not be a baby. He will come back to defeat the anti-Christ and his army. Jesus will slay those who took the mark of the beast with just the words that come out of His mouth.
Rev 19:
Christ on a White Horse
11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had[a] a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He wasclothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean,[b] followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp[c] sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

KING OF KINGS AND
LORD OF LORDS.

During the millennium the Bible says that Jesus will rule the world with a fist of iron.
Jesus is a loving patient God but He will one day defeat satan and those who follow Him. If you want to be embrace a loving God then accept Jesus as your Savior, before it is too late. Then you will return with Jesus as a member of His army and during the millennium you will reign with Christ.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement