Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Col 4 weekly devotion

Author Topic: Col 4 weekly devotion
clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Colossians 4:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 The salutation by the hand of me Paul. Remember my bonds. Grace be with you. Amen.

Easy English Bible

18 I, Paul, am writing these words here with my own hand. Remember that I am in a prison. I pray that God will continue to be very kind to you.

© Wycliffe Associates (UK), 1997-2008

These are my thoughts.
Even if we are imprisoned by something from this world, we should still serve the Lord.

--------------------
God's word is truth

Posts: 303 | From: TN | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Colossians 4:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 And say to Archippus, Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord, that thou fulfil it.

Easy English Bible
17 Say to Archippus, ‘Remember the work that the Lord gave you to do. You must be careful to finish it completely.’

These are my thoughts.
We can complete things with the Lord, He finishes things.

--------------------
God's word is truth

Posts: 303 | From: TN | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Colossians 4:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea.

Easy English Bible

16 After someone has read this letter to all of you, send it to the church at Laodicea. Tell them that they must read it aloud too. And you must also read the letter that the Christians at Laodicea will send to you.

These are my thoughts.
We are to share God’s Word with others.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Colossians 4:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 Salute the brethren which are in Laodicea, and Nymphas, and the church which is in his house.

Easy English Bible

15 Say ‘hello’ for me to all the believers at Laodicea. Also say ‘hello’ for me to Nympha and to the Christians who meet in her house.

These are my thoughts.
All those of Christ are our families even if they are else where.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Colossians 4:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 Luke, the beloved physician, and Demas, greet you.

Easy English Bible
14 Our good friend Luke, the doctor, and Demas say ‘hello’ to you.

These are my thoughts.
Luke would penned down one of the gospels and Demas would work with Paul for a time, when we are where the Lord wants us we will see Godly people around us.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Colossians 4:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 For I bear him record, that he hath a great zeal for you, and them that are in Laodicea, and them in Hierapolis.

Easy English Bible

13 I tell you this about Epaphras, which is true. He is working very much for you, and for the people at Laodicea and at Hierapolis.

These are my thoughts.
Can people testify how the Lord has worked thru us, he worked thru to where Paul knew he cared deeply, we should have the same change in the Spirit to where people see it as well.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Colossians 4:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.

Easy English Bible

12 Epaphras says ‘hello’ to you. He also belongs to your group, and he is Christ Jesus’ servant. He is always praying strongly for you. He prays like someone who fights on behalf of you. He prays that you will continue to obey God. So you will always do everything that God wants. He asks God to make you completely as God wants you to be.

These are my thoughts.
Sometimes all we can do for one another out of love is pray for each other to be closer to the Lord.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Colossians 4:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 And Jesus, which is called Justus, who are of the circumcision. These only are my fellow workers unto the kingdom of God, which have been a comfort unto me.

Easy English Bible

11 Jesus, who is called Justus, also says ‘hello’ to you. These three men are the only Jews who are working with me. We work so that more people will believe Christ. So then they will belong to God’s people, the people that he rules over. These men have helped me very much. And they have caused me to feel better.

These are my thoughts.
We need to keep in mind those how are encouragements to us.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Colossians 4:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Aristarchus my fellowprisoner saluteth you, and Marcus, sister's son to Barnabas, (touching whom ye received commandments: if he come unto you, receive him;)

Easy English Bible
10 Instead, you have put on the new nature, which God has made. And God is continuing to make you more and more like him. So then you will know him more and more completely.

These are my thoughts.
Sometimes we have to greet someone in place of someone who could not be there and sometimes someone has to be there in our place it is not up to us but up to the Lord’s will but we should be understanding when this happens.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Colossians 4:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 With Onesimus, a faithful and beloved brother, who is one of you. They shall make known unto you all things which are done here.

Colossians 4:9 International Standard Version (ISV)

9 He is coming with Onesimus, that faithful and dear brother, who is one of you. They will tell you everything that is happening here.

International Standard Version (ISV) Copyright © 1995-2014 by ISV Foundation. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED INTERNATIONALLY. Used by permission of Davidson Press, LLC.

These are my thoughts.
When need to try to do our best to keep in touch with those who care about us.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Colossians 4:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that he might know your estate, and comfort your hearts;

Easy English Bible

8 I am sending him to you for this purpose. He will tell you all the news about us. And he will help you to be braver and stronger for Christ.

These are my thoughts.
It is important that we concern ourselves with other believers on how they are doing.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

8 Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that he might know your estate, and comfort your hearts;

Easy English Bible
8 I am sending him to you for this purpose. He will tell you all the news about us. And he will help you to be braver and stronger for Christ.

These are my thoughts.
Encouragement is something we should give our fellow members in Christ, encourage them to do His will.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Easy English Bible

These are my thoughts.
Encouragement is something we should give our fellow members in Christ, encourage them to do His will.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Colossians 4:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 All my state shall Tychicus declare unto you, who is a beloved brother, and a faithful minister and fellowservant in the Lord:

Easy English Bible

7 Tychicus will tell you all the news about me. He is a Christian brother that we love. He continues to work well for the Lord. Like me, he is the Lord’s servant.

These are my thoughts.
We as Christians need to surround ourselves with people like Tychicus they will be there for us and help our walk.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Colossians 4:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Easy English Bible

6 Always speak words that are kind and proper. Speak words that will be good for those who hear you. When someone asks you a question, you should know what to say. You should know how you ought to answer each person.

These are my thoughts.
We need to speak as Christ would, with a love in our voice and respect, this does not mean we accept their sinful ways though.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Colossians 4:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Easy English Bible
6 Always speak words that are kind and proper. Speak words that will be good for those who hear you. When someone asks you a question, you should know what to say. You should know how you ought to answer each person.

These are my thoughts.
We need watch the words we use and let them glorify God.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Colossians 4:5 King James Version (KJV)
5 Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.

Easy English Bible
5 Sometimes you are with people who do not believe Christ. Be careful when you are with those people. Be careful about what you say. Be careful about what you do. Use your time with them as well as you can. Do everything that you can to help them to believe Christ.

These are my thoughts.
We need to spend our time as God wants us, this involves us interacting with unbelievers.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Colossians 4:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 That I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak.

Easy English Bible

4 I want to tell people this message clearly, as I ought to do. Pray that I will be able to do that.

These are my thoughts.
Often times our experiences allow us to talk to people in a more helpful way.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Colossians 4:3 King James Version (KJV)
3 Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:

Easy English Bible

v3 Pray for us, too. Ask God to make it possible for us to tell people his message. We want to tell people the secret things about Christ that God has caused us to know. I am in a prison because I told people those things.

© 1997-2008, Wycliffe Associates (UK)

These are my thoughts.
Thru all Paul’s troubles he kept focus on what the Lord called him to do, we should do the same but also be willing to pray for one another.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Colossians 4:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;

Easy English Bible

v2 Continue to pray. Do not let anything cause you to stop praying. Be like people who watch carefully. They watch carefully to see what is happening. And thank God when you pray.

These are my thoughts.
We need to pay attention so w can see the results of our pray, this should give us more reason to praise seeing that we have been heard.

--------------------
God's word is truth

clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Colossians 4:1
KJV 1 Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven.

Easy English Bible

v1 Masters, give your servants what is right and fair. Remember that you have a Master also, in *heaven.

These are my thoughts.
We should treat people as Christ would.

--------------------
God's word is truth

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement