Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » 1 Tim 5:3-4

Author Topic: 1 Tim 5:3-4
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeremiah 49:11 Leave thy fatherless children, I will preserve them alive; and let thy widows trust in me.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 Timothy 5:3-4

KJV(i) 3 Honour widows that are widows indeed. 4 But if any widow have children or nephews, let them learn first to shew piety at home, and to requite their parents: for that is good and acceptable before God.

ECB(i) 3 Honor widows who are widows indeed: 4 and if any widow has children or descendants, have them first learn reverence in their own house; and to give recompense to their progenitors: for that is good and acceptable in sight of Elohim.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

3 This is referring to women who have lost their husband and have no children to care for them or are too old to remarry. The church should have not been focused on those who could remarry or have someone else care for them. The church should not be something to discourage people from doing what they want. Women may have because of the church helping the widows chose to be taken care of by the church instead of having her children do it or to remarry but this is not what they should do, it was for those who truly needed help.

4 It is saying that the family should provide for their members in need, now there may be those who can not do this, that is not who it talking about it is not referring to those who need just a little help but to those who depend only on the church for help and not their family. This was what honor your father and mother truly meant.

--------------------
God's word is truth

Posts: 303 | From: TN | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement