Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The image

Author Topic: The image
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 2 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very good. Thanks.

[Smile]

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hashe
Advanced Member
Member # 11273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hashe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aronofsky’s movie Noah attracted a lot of attention and comment when it first came out. It seems like he initially did a great job getting Christians on side only to disappoint them when the movie came out. There was one thing that he got right, in the biblical picture of the time of Noah, the world was filled with nasty people.

In Gen 9:6 we read God’s commandment not to shed human blood. The reason given is that people are made in God’s image. There is something of value in people because they are made in God’s image.

This passage is after the flood and it says that God’s image is still in all people – even after the world was filled violent nasty people. In other words, even in nasty violent people is the image of God. It carries on in people despite sin.

I sometimes go out to cafes or restaurants with friends to watch some sport. The last time I was out watching sports, there was some people who got passionate and hot tempered and acted in horribly offensive ways.

As I was leaving and thinking about those people and thinking about the movie Noah, I realised that I struggled to see something of God’s image in those people. I struggled to understand the value God puts on them. But I know he does, and I know that I need to respond to them with God’s love and compassion.

It also made me wonder at what other times if I fail to treat people as they deserved to be treated, not because of their actions, but because of the image of God in them. I wondered, what does it actually mean to me that other people have the image of God in them?

From http://ontoxenos.wordpress.com/2014/04/30/the-image/
Used with permission

Posts: 23 | From: South Africa | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement