Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Reflections From the Word

Author Topic: Reflections From the Word
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up early with a cuppa joe and hitting this foolish little puter thingy, which can monopolize ones day and ones heart, if one lets it.

I was just reflecting once again how many hearts are so wounded and hurting as we leave Christmas behind and prepare to go forth into the New Year. So much pain, sadness, sorrow, so much trauma, and critical need, and how many have to face and carry this burden alone. I think of the disappointments, the broken hearts, and family rifts, and irreconcilable differences. So many waves of anguish wash over so many and can be magnified horrendously by this season and family interaction or the lack of it.

I wish that I could go to each one who is hurting and suffering so deeply, give them one of my old big ugly hugs,( I have to confess that I am a hugger, and when family gets together I am the Mobile Big Old Ugly Hug Dispenser), how I wish I could hug each one and make all the bad go away, and make it all better as we go into the new day and New Year.

Alas my arms are too short, and the resources so limited, and time too short to reach out to more than just a few, and I sure can't wipe away all tears and make the pain and heartache go away. Even for those who are close, even for our very family.

We do have a Father who is not limited by time or distance, One who is omniscience, (all knowing), omnipotent, (all powerful), and omnipresent, (everywhere at once). Our Father knows us so well that He has the very hairs of our head individually numbered,(and if we are bald never fear for He knows every cell in our body), from before He spoke all of the universe into creation.

God becomes our Heavenly Father when we open up our hearts to God the Son, Jesus of Nazareth, our Lord Jesus Christ, and truly place our faith and trust in Him. This is the way of salvation, and how we can become the children of God, and at that very moment the LORD GOD actually enters into our hearts and indwells our very being, as close as the beating of our heart and closer than the very next breath we take. Once He is within us there is NOTHING which this old world can ever throw at us that will ever separate us from His love, and we become temporary to this world and eternal to our Father's House.

John 3:
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Romans 10:
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Romans 8:
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

This old ugly feller has been asked by the most precious of hearts and caring, "How did you get through the grieving process, when your wife died?"

The bottom line for me is love. The love of God, that He indwells our heart and life, and we can have a relationship with our Father in that we so look forward to going Home, that to live is Christ and to die is gain, for to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord, which is so much better.

It is also the love of family, which sustains through the dark valley of death and separation. Love which is unconditional cherishment in which we love the other absolutely and totally, and a love which is sacrificial, in which we love the other more than we love ourselves.

If we truly love, with faith in Christ then we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that our dear-one who trusted in Christ is not trapped in death, enchained in the grave, but is with Christ in Glory. If we truly love sacrificially, then we know that we must walk on for awhile alone, but we would be selfish to the extreme to want them to have to return to this world of the dying, once they have entered the world of the living forever.

John 14:
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement