Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » A battle every day

Author Topic: A battle every day
clark
Advanced Member
Member # 10632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A true follower of Jesus will not look for chances to sin but look for cahnces to serve their Lord.

--------------------
God's word is truth

Posts: 303 | From: TN | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Carol. I believe there are way to many people who have walked the isle or said the prayer that are not saved and have never meet Jesus. It's all about knowing Jesus personally.

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew 16:
24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

The cross is an instrument of execution, a means of death. By taking up ones cross we are to die to self, our old worldly nature, our "old man", and to become a new creation in Christ Jesus our Lord.

The spiritual fruit revealed, one of which is faith, is the evidence of having done so, of the Holy Spirit of God indwelling and sanctifying our heart and our life.

God bless you, and amen.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salvation isn't given to just anyone who asks for it. A person can't just walk the aisle and say the "magic" prayer to be forgiven.

Salvation is a free gift given to those who realize their need for a Savior. Those who are sincere when they ask for forgiveness and repent of their sins. Those who know what Jesus Christ did for them, and that He is the ONLY ONE Who can save them.

And given this gift, this overwhelming gift, when we actually deserve punishment, then don't we feel grateful? Don't we want to please Him? Doesn't His Spirit within us guide us towards righteousness?

It's hard to imagine someone who has been born again and filled with the Holy Spirit even asking this:

quote:
Asking, as long as you believe in God you can go out and party, live a life just like the rest of the world?

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bloodbought
Advanced Member
Member # 4365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bloodbought     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen KnowHim,

If it costs to receive a gift then it’s not free.
If there is something demanded in return from the recipient of the gift, it cannot be said to be free.

No one should ever accept the gift in fear that it will cost him or her too much. The cost is very high not to accept the gift, but to accept the gift means freedom.

Romans 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Through Christ we can run the race of faith. The battle is not ours, but the Lords.

Posts: 822 | From: Ireland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 15 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KnowHim:
Someone asked me the other day if it was simply enough to just believe in God? Asking, as long as you believe in God you can go out and party, live a life just like the rest of the world? I told her, If you have truly accepted Christ into your heart, then you will want to live for Jesus, you will not want to continually live in sin and act like the rest of the world. We are known by our "fruit," our lives should reflect the change we have made in our lives, Christ should be evident in our daily lives, private and public. My dad wrote a track on salvation and he stated, "In the Bible, you will not find the phrase, “Personal Savior.” You will find references such as Luke 1:47, which say; “My Savior,” and numerous passages that read: “Our Savior,” which are obviously “Personal” references. Such personalized texts include I Corinthians 8:3, “But if any man love God, the same is known of him”, and Luke 10:20 , “. . . but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.” Nothing is as sweet and personal as ones own name.

Consider also, John 10:3, “To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice; and he calleth his own ship by name, and leadeth them out.”, and a very special reference of the parable of the shepherd leaving the ninety and nine to seek the one, and then personified by verses 7 and 10 of Luke 15, which read; “I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance . . .

Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.”

Therefore, though we may not see the exact phrase: “Personal Savior”, without question, all must conclude that Salvation is very personal. Compare this with knowledge of intellectual acknowledging of the gospel account with true personal salvation.

In James 2:19, God’s Word proclaims, “Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well; the devils also believe and tremble.” We can understand from this scripture that salvation is more than acknowledging that there was a Jesus of Nazareth and that he lived two thousand hers ago, and was crucified under the reign of Pontius Pilate, and rose from the grave on the third day. How do we know this?

Because the text of James 2:19 tells us that the demons in hell also know this and we know they are not saved and going to heaven! Therefore, salvation is more than head knowledge. That is why it must be personal, to be salvation." Salvation is personal, yes the first step is to believe in God, to know that He is real, but we also have to understand what Jesus did for us personally and to live for Him daily, shedding the old you and striving for the mind of Christ.

That is why it is a walk, a battle every day.

by Dr. Matt Young
https://www.facebook.com/wonheart77

The gift is FREE, but the dues are rather expensive.

http://executableoutlines.com/top/highcost.htm

[Prayer]

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone asked me the other day if it was simply enough to just believe in God? Asking, as long as you believe in God you can go out and party, live a life just like the rest of the world? I told her, If you have truly accepted Christ into your heart, then you will want to live for Jesus, you will not want to continually live in sin and act like the rest of the world. We are known by our "fruit," our lives should reflect the change we have made in our lives, Christ should be evident in our daily lives, private and public. My dad wrote a track on salvation and he stated, "In the Bible, you will not find the phrase, “Personal Savior.” You will find references such as Luke 1:47, which say; “My Savior,” and numerous passages that read: “Our Savior,” which are obviously “Personal” references. Such personalized texts include I Corinthians 8:3, “But if any man love God, the same is known of him”, and Luke 10:20 , “. . . but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.” Nothing is as sweet and personal as ones own name. Consider also, John 10:3, “To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice; and he calleth his own ship by name, and leadeth them out.”, and a very special reference of the parable of the shepherd leaving the ninety and nine to seek the one, and then personified by verses 7 and 10 of Luke 15, which read; “I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance . . . Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.” Therefore, though we may not see the exact phrase: “Personal Savior”, without question, all must conclude that Salvation is very personal. Compare this with knowledge of intellectual acknowledging of the gospel account with true personal salvation. In James 2:19, God’s Word proclaims, “Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well; the devils also believe and tremble.” We can understand from this scripture that salvation is more than acknowledging that there was a Jesus of Nazareth and that he lived two thousand hers ago, and was crucified under the reign of Pontius Pilate, and rose from the grave on the third day. How do we know this? Because the text of James 2:19 tells us that the demons in hell also know this and we know they are not saved and going to heaven! Therefore, salvation is more than head knowledge. That is why it must be personal, to be salvation." Salvation is personal, yes the first step is to believe in God, to know that He is real, but we also have to understand what Jesus did for us personally and to live for Him daily, shedding the old you and striving for the mind of Christ. That is why it is a walk, a battle every day.

by Dr. Matt Young
https://www.facebook.com/wonheart77

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement