Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The Truth About The Bible

Author Topic: The Truth About The Bible
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
However How would we know if a knew prophet appears ? If a man came knocking to your door right now and told you that he was a prophet would you not also be a little suspicious?
So can I ask how would one know the difference between a modern day prophet and a false prophet?

I think we would all be a little suspicious, especially in this day and time.

However - my personal beleif - is that there are no longer prophets among us. Now that the Holy Spirit is made available to us things have changed.

But I do understand your line of questioning - basically asking if the king was wrong for not beliving.

Typically God's prophets have given signs that they are of divine mission - as God typically allows signs to manifest so that the doubters will believe.

Those that would not believe chose to doubt out of their own free will.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Grobler
Community Member
Member # 10656

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jonathan Grobler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
However How would we know if a knew prophet appears ? If a man came knocking to your door right now and told you that he was a prophet would you not also be a little suspicious?
So can I ask how would one know the difference between a modern day prophet and a false prophet?

Posts: 11 | From: South Africa, Gueteng , Henly on klip | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 14 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=jryW79H8Xvg&NR=1

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

The Bible is one of the most violent books ever written. It’s filled with murder, rape, genocide, incest, babies being ripped from wombs, decapitations, and much more material for nightmares. It’s 66 books in one, and is the history of the Hebrew nation. Its bloody message stands out in all its starkness--that Mankind is evil, and this evil nature is seen in what he does to his fellow man. It reads like the nightly news.

One gory story is the end of the reign of King Zedekiah. God continually warned him (through His prophet) that he would be taken captive by the cruel Babylonians. In His great kindness, God also told him how to avoid coming to a bloody end. But Zedekiah refused to believe Jeremiah’s warnings, and in time found himself at the mercy of the Babylonian king, who slaughtered Zedekiah’s sons in front of his eyes, and then gouged the king’s eyes out so that the last thing Zedekiah saw was the unspeakable horror of seeing his precious sons having their throats cut.

Tell me, do you think that Zedekiah regretted not believing God’s warning, and His kind offer of mercy? “Regret” wouldn’t be the applicable word for his emotions. Think about what he witnessed. Be the king for a moment. Feel his emotions. Then think what it would feel like to have someone take their thumbs, gouge out your precious eyes, and leave you in agonizing blackness.

No, “regret” is too weak a word. It could only be “remorse.” It’s the strongest word we have for such a horror, and remorse will be the eternal emotion of those who refuse the merciful warning of coming divine justice, and the offer of forgiveness in Jesus Christ. If they die in their sins they will be damned by a morally perfect and utterly holy God, who will see to it that perfect justice is done. We must let such sobering thoughts spur us on to reach the lost. If you are not born again and trusting alone in Jesus, please, oh please, check out www.needGod.com.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement