Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Psalm 23

Author Topic: Psalm 23
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by walkbyfaith:
I disagree with his first statement. The 23rd Psalm could never be meaningless just as any other psalm by itself could never be meaningless. Yes other psalms might add to the meaning, but no scripture is meaningless.

Do you know what a triptic is?

quote:
Originally posted by walkbyfaith:
This has went from a topic about faith to the trinity, but that' ok, because that's what we believe, and what we believe the scriptures testifies of.

For there are three that bear witness in Heaven scriptures say
How many times in scripture do we see this phrased in the name of the Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit.
It's really hard to compare this to anything on Earth, because nothing is like it.

Sorry thats simply is not true. The trinity has many examples in the physical world.

For Me as a Boiler operator for 30 years plus it was the trinity of

FIRE = Fuel + Air + Temp

That helped me.

WATER can exist as a Liquid, Solid or Gas.

[cool_shades]

Try again.

Thru the Bible with Dr. J. Vernon McGee

Psalms 22--23--24 is a triptic

Psalms 23--24 - Listen to Dr. J. Vernon McGee from Thru the Bible bellow.

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/thru-the-bible-with-j-vernon-mcgee/player/psalms-23-24-33610.html

[cool_shades]

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkbyfaith
Advanced Member
Member # 10538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkbyfaith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I disagree with his first statement. The 23rd Psalm could never be meaningless just as any other psalm by itself could never be meaningless. Yes other psalms might add to the meaning, but no scripture is meaningless. The twisted psalm was funny though even read it to my wife.
Posts: 80 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 23rd Channel

The TV is my shepherd, I shall not want for entertainment.
It maketh me to lie down on the sofa.
It leadeth me away from the Scriptures.
It destroyeth my soul.
It leadeth me in the path of sex and violence for the sponsor’s sake.
Yea, though I walk in the shadow of my Christian responsibilities,
There will be no interruption,
For the TV is with me, its cable and remote, they control me.
It prepareth a commercial before me in the presence of worldliness;
It anointeth my head with humanism,
My coveting runneth over.
Surely laziness and ignorance shall follow me all the days of my life,
And I shall dwell in the house watching TV forever.

—Author Unknown

[cool_shades]

Thru the Bible with Dr. J. Vernon McGee

Psalms 22--23--24 is a triptic

Psalms 23--24 - Listen to Dr. J. Vernon McGee from Thru the Bible bellow.

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/thru-the-bible-with-j-vernon-mcgee/player/psalms-23-24-33610.html

[Prayer]

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkbyfaith
Advanced Member
Member # 10538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkbyfaith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Psalm 23 is beautiful
Posts: 80 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkbyfaith
Advanced Member
Member # 10538

Icon 16 posted      Profile for walkbyfaith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God is
Shepherd__ The Lord is my Shepherd- A shepherd protects his flock. He guides where they go. They go in and out and he goes with them. A shepherd never leaves his sheep unprotected.

Provider__ I shall not want- This is contentment. Not coveting what anyone else has, but happy with what God has given you. Paul said," Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content." Philippians 4:11 Look at what Paul went through everything from shipwrecked, beaten, even stoned. 2 Corinthians 11:24-27 Now that's contentment.

Bread of Heaven__Makes me lie down in green pastures. The Lord feeds us. Matthew 5:6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they shall be filled. God feeds us with spiritual food.( Manna from Heaven) Jesus said," I am the bread of life he who comes to me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst."

Lord of Peace__He leads me beside still waters. He leads our souls unto peacefulness. He calms our worries. Be still and know I am God. John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give unto you. Let your heart not be troubled neither be afraid.

Comforter__He restores my soul John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless, I will come unto you. John 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, he will teach you all things, and bring all things to your rememberance whatsoever I have said to you. God will lift us up, even when were down.

Light of the World__ He leads me in paths of righteousness for his names sake. 1 John 1:5-7 This is the message that we have heard from Him, and declare unto you, that God is light and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. If we walk in the light as He is the light we have Fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.} The path of Christ is straight and narrow if we don't want to stumble we must walk in his name.

Lord of faithfulness__Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for thou art with me. Hebrews 13:5 I will never leave nor forsake you. As we get older the shadow of death is even more noticeable, but we have nothing to fear. As scripture says for me to live is Christ and to die is gain. If God is for us what can we not face

Lord of righteousness__Your rod and your staff they comfort me. The rod of correction. God corrects the child that he loves. Correcting us to get us on the right path. Even his words correct us. 2 Timothy 3:16 and 17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. The staff- to lean on. Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.

Lord of refuge__You prepare a table before me in the presence of mine enemies. Psalm 3: 5 and 6 I lay down and slept. I awoke for the Lord sustained me. I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people who have set themselves against me all around. Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and our strength, a very present help in trouble.

Lord of anointing__You anoint my head with oil, my cup runs over. 2 Corinthians 1:21 Now he who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God. God is the one who establishes us to preach, and spread the good news of the gospel of Christ. Roman 5:5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out into our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. Now we can say my cup runs over.

Lord of mercy__ Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life. Romans 8:28 We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. His arms are always outstretched, and even the prodigal is welcomed back.

The Beginning and the End__ And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. All things were made for Christ.Jesus said Revelations 1:8 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. Who is and was and who is to come, the Almighty.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement