Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » General Prophecy

Author Topic: General Prophecy
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Revelation 22:18-19 (NASB)

I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book;
and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.

Listen to the Holy Bible, not to self-proclaimed prophets!

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Put away childish things Sam and seek maturity in the Lord.

1 Cor. 13:
8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

These self-proclaimed prophets have so many with itching ears who will defend them even when their pablum contradicts the very Word of God.

1 Timothy 3:
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

What need we to listen to some murky disjointed extra-Biblical pablum which seeks to elevate the speaker, and when spoken is so often in generalities, and when specific is proven wrong.

You are following deception Sam. It is the Word of God which is true and will reveal that those who claim the office of Apostle or Prophet deceive and are claiming an office or position to which they are not entitled. They are wolves in sheep's clothing.

http://www.letusreason.org/pent1.htm

quote:

All these and many more scriptures show that the apostles were special men commissioned for a unique role in a particular time period for the Church. (Ephesians 2:20) “Having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets…Notice past tense, been built. Once a foundation is laid it does not need to be laid down again, it is built upon “ It was upon these men the apostles and prophets that the foundation the church was built on, Jesus Christ himself being the chief cornerstone. Those who claim apostolic authority today are attempting to rebuild the church whose foundation was already laid and built . Later on in Eph.4:11 Paul writes, “and he himself gave some to be apostles and prophets, some evangelists and some pastors and teachers…” he does not say he keeps on giving apostles and prophets for the simple reason formerly stated they were the foundation of the church. Paul makes no distinction of what is continued or what is not in this passage. Anything mentioned in Eph.4:11 must be in light of the former statement in 2:20 of the apostles and prophets laying down the foundation in the past tense (foundation in the scriptures for us to come to the unity of the faith.) We do see Pastors and teachers continue as they are not supernatural offices or sign gifts but leaders and rulers over the congregations after the apostles were gone. The Apostles wrote down the teachings for the Church to follow. If their are apostles today in the sense of the Church’s beginnings there would have to be new revelation. This would have to be included as Scripture because apostolic revelation is authoritative and infallible. It would then be on the same level as our Bible. This is what the Mormon church claims and many other cult groups. To say we have modern day apostles like Matthew and Paul is to say Scripture is continually being written which means rejecting the former revelation of the apostles given by Jesus. As John writes in his 1st epistle 1:1-4 “That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life-- the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us-- that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. And these things we write to you that your joy may be full.”

The greatest men who influenced the church throughout history never claimed they were apostles or prophets. They never taught that these 2 offices continued. Athanasius, Irenaeus, Hippolytus, Augustine, Luther, Calvin, Edwards, Finney, Great theologians like Charles Hodge , A.H Strong or Gill and all others were satisfied to build upon the foundation already laid by the original apostles.We find the only apostles mentioned in Church history after the bible was completed were false ones.

The gift and office of apostleship was the first and most important gift given after Christ ascended, but it was a temporary gift and office that does not continue to our present time. For the simple reason people do not see Jesus Christ in His bodily resurrection. For this to be so he would have to leave the right hand of God and make a special appearance. We know from scripture the next time he comes is for everyone at the rapture, there are no secret comings. The apostles had completed their mission of laying the foundation of the Church and the doctrine was inscripturated. God's Word is complete no new revelation is needed. While the Lord does speak to us today he does not give any new revelation or doctrine since it has been delivered and completed.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam S
Advanced Member
Member # 8364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Wild B,

The Lord has established the office of a Prophet, as one of the five offices in the New Testament. Raymond Aguilera has been given this office by God. I would carefully reconsider your position, as I believe you would greatly benefit from these Prophecies if you would prayerfully consider what they are saying.

God Bless
Sam

Posts: 22 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 19 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Sam are we at it AGAIN!

This is the Topics & Study area and happens to be the 1st on the top is that why you sow out side of the respect of this board and its structure?

Deuteronomy 13
1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,
2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;
3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Raymond can bite the dust! Tell em WildB of C BBS said so.

Now stop your sillynes.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam S
Advanced Member
Member # 8364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a General Prophecy, you can read more at www.prophecy.org.

2082. Prophecy given to Raymond Aguilera on 9 May 2012 at 4:15 AM

The gates of hell will open up and receive what is not Mine. I am the Beginning and the End, from everlasting to everlasting, the Beginning, the End, the Last Word of all.

The corner has been broken, and will be repaired. The fall of man will be caused by man, with the devil's help. Get your houses in order, for the beginning of the end is here. There will be a cause and effect, then it will start. The leaders of the governments are idiots, and will follow Satan to the end. The blind will lead the blind. The coarse of the river will not change. The blind and dumb will follow the blind and dumb. The call of the wild is here. The call of the wild is here.

Read your Bibles and pray, pray and pray for yourselves and your families. The prostitute says, "Give me, give me. I want what is mine." She will take and then run laughing at mankind.

Post it, Reymundo, and send it out to the world. I am sending you back to Israel. I will send you the funds and I will tell you when, and what to do there. People will not believe you, but that is not your problem, just obey, and all will go well, my little man of great faith.

Remember the Arc welder. "You purchased it. Money well spent." Obedience, Obedience, Obedience. That is the call of God, and salvation of the soul. Remember Abraham. Remember Noah. Remember the Word of God. My Peace is with you and yours

Posts: 22 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement