Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Resurrection Day

Author Topic: Resurrection Day
The Beauty of Holiness777
Advanced Member
Member # 7380

Icon 9 posted      Profile for The Beauty of Holiness777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ has nothing to do with easter baskets, easter eggs, or easter egg hunting. This is a tradition made up by men and that is why so many people miss the real meaning of the Passover or the Resurrection and Christmas. I too attended easter hunts and etc but when I became a christian and started to study God's Word I found out that too was vainity.
There are some things that just don't coincide or have nothing to do with God's Word.

This tradition has been going on for years and if people want to do it so be it. But when it's all said and done it's still vanity and lies. Because
people lie and says the easter bunny brought the eggs and children grow up beleiving that until they get older and see the truth. But then the lie still goes farther because there are those that will pass that same lie onto their children. How can people teach or tell their children not to lie when they are the chief partakers of the lies.

--------------------
In God I'am Complete.
I am a "Spiritual Being" living in a physical body.
{Prayer - a force that reaches people and places when we can't}

Posts: 192 | From: God's Universe | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saved by Love,
I grew up with Easter involving painted eggs, chocolate, and bunnies, but even as a child I was taught at home and Church that Jesus was what Easter was all about. We raised rabbits at times and one of my fond memories was my parents putting the Easter eggs in the rabbit cage so we thought our bunny made them. I don't think the fun stuff in any way colored the truth we were taught that Jesus died and rose again and His death brought salvation to those who would accept Him as their Savior. Welcome to the board.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SavedByLove316
Member # 9737

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SavedByLove316     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carol, don't get me wrong; I always knew bunnies and eggs are associated with spring and Easter's original purpose was to celebrate spring. But if you think about it, you can interpret the Easter egg hunt biblically. I am not saying the purpose of the Easter egg hunt had anything to do with a dead man resurrecting. It is just another way to look at it.

Betty, I agree Easter baskets are not sinful. No Bible verse states kids can't do treasure hunts.

--------------------
The power of the cross lives in my heart forever.

Andrea

Posts: 2 | From: Gainesville, Florida | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think buying your young children an Easter Basket is a sin. This said, we celebrated the Resurrection on Sunday and our kids have kids to old for and Easter Basket.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrea,

Hello and welcome to the Christian BBS! [wave3]

I'm afraid that Easter eggs and bunnies actually have a very dark meaning that should never be associated with our Lord Jesus Christ.

The name “Easter” has its roots in ancient polytheistic religions (paganism). On this, all scholars agree. This name is never used in the original Scriptures, nor is it ever associated biblically with the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. For these reasons, we prefer to use the term “Resurrection Sunday” rather than “Easter” when referring to the annual Christian remembrance of Christ's resurrection.

Ancient origin

Most reference books say that the name “Easter” derived from the Eastre, the Teutonic goddess of Spring. Although this relationship exists, in reality, the origin of the name and the goddess are far more ancient - going all the way back to the Tower of Babel. The origin begins not long after the biblical Flood.

The Flood was a divine judgment sent on mankind after evil had become all pervasive and all people everywhere were totally unresponsive to God. The Bible says that "the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually" (Genesis 6:5, NKJV). It is not difficult to imagine that life must have been almost unbearable at this time in history. God gave humankind a second chance by preserving the righteous man Noah and his family (a total of 8 people).

After the Flood, Noah had a talented, but evil, great-grandson named Nimrod (Genesis 10:6-10) who rebelled greatly against God. The Bible says that he was “a mighty one”[1] Jewish tradition indicates that Nimrod was a tyrant "who made all of the people rebellious against God."[2] It is evident from history that Nimrod was not only a political leader, but also the lead priest of a form of occultic worship.[3]

King Nimrod, Queen Semiramis (Easter), and Tammuz (the “reincarnated” Nimrod)

Nimrod built and organized major cities. The Bible notes that these included Babel, Asshur, Nineveh and Calah (Genesis 10:10-12). If you know anything about ancient history, the mention of these places may send shivers up your spine. For these were cities of great, almost unimaginable practices and perversion.

When Nimrod eventually died, the Babylonian mystery religion in which he figured prominently continued on. His wife Queen Semiramis saw to that. Once he was dead, she deified him as the Sun-god. In various cultures he later became known as Baal, the Great Life Giver, the god of fire, Baalim, Bel, Molech, etc.

“Later, when this adulterous and idolatrous woman gave birth to an illegitimate son, she claimed that this son, Tammuz by name, was Nimrod reborn.”[4] Semiramis “claimed that her son was supernaturally conceived [no human father] and that he was the promised seed, the 'savior'” - promised by God in Genesis 3:15. “However, not only was the child worshipped, but the woman, the MOTHER, was also worshipped as much (or more) than the son!”[5] Nimrod deified as the god of the sun and father of creation. Semiramis became the goddess of the moon, fertility, etc.

"In the old fables of the Mystery cults, their 'savior' Tammuz, was worshipped with various rites at the Spring season. According to the legends, after he was slain [killed by a wild boar], he went into the underworld. But through the weeping of his mother… he mystically revived in the springing forth of the vegetation - in Spring! Each year a spring festival dramatically represented this supposed 'resurrection' from the underworld.[6]

Thus, a terrible false religion developed with its sun and moon worship, priests, astrology, demonic worship, worship of stars associated with their gods, idolatry, mysterious rites, human sacrifice, and more. Frankly, the practices which went on were so horrible that it is not fitting for me to speak of them here.

It was at Nimrod's city of Babel that a towering structure was first built in defiance of God as part of their Satanic religion. Archaeological evidence indicates that this was a spectacular pyramid-shaped structure (ziggurat). The Bible tells us that at this time there was only one language in the world and that most of the world's population centered in this area and participated in this religion. It was evident to God that all mankind would soon degenerate into a level of evil that would parallel that of the pre-Flood world. For humanity's sake, something had to be done to slow and frustrate this organization of an evil one world, tyrannical government.

God confused their language, so that they could not understand each other (Genesis 11:7). (This is the ultimate source of the world's many languages.) As a result, many people moved away from the area in groups according to their particular new language. Most, if not all, of these people carried their evil Sun-God-based religion with them. They continued to worship the stars and practice all the other ungodly rituals of their religion. Some also continued to build pyramids reminiscent of the Tower of Babel as part of this mystery religion. Today, we can still find remnants of these throughout the world (e.g., Iraq, South America, Central America, Egypt, Burma).

Babel was the origin of an idolatrous system that swept the world. The Bible says of her, “Babylon… the nations drank her wine; Therefore the nations are deranged” (Jeremiah 51:7). The Bible often speaks of the Satanic religions which came from her. The ancient Greek historian Herodotus "witnessed the Mystery religion and its rites in numerous countries and mentions how Babylon was the primeval source from which ALL systems of idolatry flowed.[7] Austen Layard said “that we have the united testimony of sacred and profane history that idolatry originated in the area of Babylonia - the most ancient of religious systems.”[8]

Basically, almost every vile, profane and idolatrous practice you can think of originated at Babel with Queen Semiramis, the Mother Goddess and Nimrod. As the people scattered from Babel with their different languages, they, of course, used different names for Nimrod (Tammuz) and Semiramis. Some called the Mother Goddess “ISHTAR” (originally pronounced “Easter”).[9] In other lands, she was called Eostre, Astarte, Ostera, and Eastre. Other names for Semiramis, the Mother Goddess include: Wife of Baal, Ashtaroth or Ashtoreth, and Queen of Heaven.[10] The Mother goddess was frequently worshipped as the goddess of fertility - and as a sort of Mother Nature and goddess of Spring and sexual love and birth. She was also worshipped as a mediator between god and man. Sexual orgies and temple prostitutes were often used in her worship and in attempting to gain her favor.

The Easter Rabbit or Hare

The rabbit is well known as a sexual symbol of fertility. In various parts of the world, religions which developed from Babel also associate the rabbit with periodicity, both human and lunar (Egypt, China, etc.). As you may remember, the Mother Goddess Semiramis (Easter) is associated with the Moon. In other words, the Easter bunny symbolizes the Mother Goddess. Annual Spring time fertility rituals are associated worship of the Mother Goddess and Tammuz, the reincarnation of her husband Nimrod.

The Easter Egg

Most children and families who color or hide Easter eggs as part of their Resurrection Sunday tradition have no knowledge of the origin of these traditions. Easter egg activities have become a part of Western culture. Many would be surprised and even dismayed to learn where the traditions originated.

“The egg was a sacred symbol among the Babylonians. They believed an old fable about an egg of wondrous size which was supposed to have fallen from heaven into the Euphrates River. From this marvelous egg - according to the ancient story - the Goddess Astarte (Easter) [Semiramis], was hatched. And so the egg came to symbolize the Goddess Easter.”[11]

The idea of a mystic egg spread from Babylon to many parts of the world.[12] In Rome, the mystic egg preceded processions in honor of the Mother Goddess Roman. The egg was part of the sacred ceremonies of the Mysteries of Bacchus. The Druids used the egg as their sacred emblem. In Northern Europe, China and Japan the eggs were colored for their sacred festivals.[13]

The egg was also a symbol of fertility; Semiramis (Easter) was the goddess of Fertility. The Easter egg is a symbol of the pagan Mother Goddess, and it even bears one of her names.

Summary and Conclusion

“Easter” is simply one of the names of a woman who mightily deceived the world and whose religion has caused untold suffering and misery.[14] She was clearly an enemy of Christianity, and her son Tammuz was an anti-Christ, a false messiah that ultimately deceived millions.

If you are Christian, it is not difficult to discern the bizarre deception and confusion that Satan has successfully orchestrated. For example, notice the embarrassing irony in these traditions which are practiced innocently by most people. They are repeated year after year, because they have become traditional and their origin is unknown to many.

■On the day commemorating Christ's resurrection, Americans roll decorated eggs on the White House lawn and pretend the Easter rabbit hid them. The same ritual is practiced at some Christian churches.
■“In Lancashire [England] on Easter eve boys and men have been in the habit of touring the towns and villages as 'Pace-eggers' begging for eggs before performing the 'Pace-Egging' or Pasch (i.e., Easter) play.”[15]
■In Greece each person in a group bangs his red EASTER EGG [not knowing that it is symbol of the Goddess] against the eggs of all the others present in turn, saying 'Christ is risen,' and receives the reply 'He is risen indeed.'"[16]

The seductive symbols of ancient ungodly religions inspired by Satan have been incorporated into people's everyday lives, even to this day - continuing to obscure the truth of God .

One might wonder if there is a better way for Christians to celebrate Jesus Christ's resurrection, the most important of all Christian holy days. In retrospect, it seems obvious that it would have been a better witness to the world if Christians had not attempted to “Christianize” pagan celebrations - adopting the name “Easter” (Ishtar/Semiramis) in remembrance of Christ. Jesus has been obscured by painted eggs and bunnies. Attention has been shifted away from spiritual truth and toward materialism (clothing, products and candies with the wrong symbolism). Stores merchandise the name of Easter (not “Resurrection Sunday”) and sell goods that have nothing to do with Christ's death and resurrection. Christians naively use symbols and practices that unknowingly perpetuate ancient anti-Christ traditions - symbolic customs followed by the same religious cults that inspired the destruction of great numbers of Christians and Jews. Is the Devil laughing at us?

Many church bodies recognize the problem and make every effort to keep the focus of Resurrection Sunday totally on Jesus Christ and the Good News that He brought.

1.Genesis 10:8 and 1 Chronicles 1:10 - “…Nimrod; he began to be a mighty one on the earth” (NKJV). [up]
2.The Jewish Encyclopedia, Vol. 9, p. 309, as cited by Ralph Woodrow, Babylon Mystery Religion (Riverside, California: Ralph Woodrow Evangelistic Assn., 1966). [up]
3.Ralph Woodrow, Babylon Mystery Religion (Riverside, California: Ralph Woodrow Evangelistic Assn., 1966), p. 9; and Alexander Hislop, The Two Babylons (New York: Loizeaux Brothers). [up]
4.Woodrow, Ibid., p. 9.; In his reincarnated form (Nimrod/Tammuz), has been known as Horus (Egypt), Attis (Italy), Crishna or Iswara (India), Deoius (Asia Minor), Janus (Rome), etc. [up]
5.Woodrow, Ibid., p. 9. [up]
6.“The resurrection of Tammuz [Nimrod] through Ishtar's grief [Semiramis] was dramatically represented annually in order to insure the success of the crops and the fertility of the people… Each year men and women had to grieve with Ishtar over the death of Tammuz and celebrate the god's return, in order to win anew her favor and her benefits!” [Homer W. Smith, Man and His Gods, p. 86, as cited by Woodrow, p. 157.] [up]
7.Ibid., p. 10; Herodotus' History, Book 2, p. 109, as cited by Woodrow. [up]
8.Woodrow, Ibid., p. 11; Austen Henry Layard, Nineveh and Its Remains. [up]
9.Woodrow Ibid., p. 152. [up]
10.The names Ashtaroth or Ashtoreth, and Queen of Heaven where used for Semiramis by the Israelites and the ungodly peoples around them, see Judges 2:13, Jeremiah 44:17-19, etc. Other names for Semiramis include Astarte (Cyprus), Diana (Ephesus and throughout Asia Minor), Cybele (Asia Minor), Isis (Egypt), Aphrodite, Ceres (Greece), Venus or Fortuna (Romans), Shingmoo (China), Disa (Scandanavia), Nutria (Etruscans), Virgo-Paritura (Druids), Isi or Indrani or Devaki (India). [up]
11.Woodrow, Ibid., pp. 152-153. [up]
12.James G. Frazer, The Golden Bough, Vol. 12, 3rd Edition (1907-15, reissued 1935-36 and 1955); Maria Leach, editor, Funk and Wagnall's Standard Dictionary of Folklore, Mythology and Legend, Vol. 1 (1949). [up]
13.Ibid., p. 155. [up]
14.This mystery religion of Babylon is well-known to still be alive in the world today in various forms. Many of its elements are even present in the New Age movement (reincarnation, astrology, channeling, claims of mysterious powers, and more). [up]
15.Edwin Oliver James, Encyclopaedia Britannica, Vol. 7 (Chicago: Encyclopaedia Britannica, 1967), p. 867.] [up]
16.James, Ibid. [up] [up]

http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-t020.html

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SavedByLove316
Member # 9737

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SavedByLove316     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted to celebrate Easter yesterday, but I do not have a church because I just moved from Ohio in December. So I decided the next-best thing is joining a message board. Unfortunately, I had to wait until today to get approval to post here so I missed everything.

However I don't think it is ever too late to say something about the Easter bunny and eggs, which comes from God.

The egg symbolizes new life. The bunny spreads a bunch of eggs everywhere. So a bunny hiding eggs is like Jesus giving everyone new life who looks for it. So the bunny and eggs are meaningful for Christians celebrating the Ressurrection on that day in March or April. But I can't explain why a tradition of coloring the eggs started.

--------------------
The power of the cross lives in my heart forever.

Andrea

Posts: 2 | From: Gainesville, Florida | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On George Washington's tomb is engraved the Scripture, John 11:25, where Jesus told Martha:

"I am the Resurrection and the Life; sayeth the Lord. He that believeth in Me, though he were dead yet shall he live. And whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die."

Martin Luther remarked:

"Our Lord has written the promise of the resurrection not in books alone, but in every leaf in the springtime."

Sir Lionel Alfred Luckhoo was the ambassador of Barbados and Guyana, the only person to have been an ambassador for two sovereign nations simultaneously.

He was knighted twice by the Queen of England, served as Lord Mayor of Georgetown, Guyana, and presided as Judge of the Supreme Court of Guyana.

Sir Lionel Luckhoo was acknowledged in the Guinness Book of World Records as the world's most successful criminal attorney. Sir Lionel Luckhoo had spoken at the United Nations, to presidents, kings, parliaments, bar associations, and cabinets all over the world.

After studying world religions, Sir Lionel accepted Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior on November 7, 1978. He stated:

"The bones of Muhammad are in Medina, the bones of Confucius are in Shantung, the cremated bones of Buddha are in Nepal. Thousands pay pilgrimages to worship at their tombs which contain their bones. But in Jerusalem there is a cave cut into the rock. This is the tomb of Jesus. IT IS EMPTY! YES, EMPTY! BECAUSE HE IS RISEN! He died, physically and historically. He arose from the dead, and now sits at the right hand of God."

On April 2, 1983, in a Radio Address to the Nation, President Ronald Reagan stated:

"This week Jewish families and friends have been celebrating Passover...Its observance reminds all of us that the struggle for freedom and the battle against oppression waged by the Jews since ancient times is one shared by people everywhere.

And Christians have been commemorating the last momentous days leading to the crucifixion of Jesus 1,950 years ago. Tomorrow, as morning spreads around the planet, we'll celebrate the triumph of life over death, the resurrection of Jesus.

Both observances tell of sacrifice and pain but also of hope and triumph....

Men and women around the world who love God and freedom-bear a message of world hope and brotherhood like the rites of Passover and Easter that we celebrate this weekend....

We want peace...And then they ask, 'Do you think that we can have these things one day?'

Well, I do. I really do. Nearly 2,000 years after the coming of the Prince of Peace, such simple wishes may still seem far from fulfillment. But we can achieve them. We must never stop trying.'"

-

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KnowHim:

He's Alive - Music Video - Click Here

Great video! Great song!

What a great day!!!

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

-

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

He's Alive - Music Video - Click Here

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Sis!!!!!

Sing a song of Jesus, the Lion and the Lamb,
Sing of might and sacrifice throughout that barren land.
Sing of wounds on hands and feet, upon his head and side,
And how our blessed Savior, God, was so cruelly crucified.

Chorus
Sing a song, song of Jesus,
Sing it out let it ring,
Messiah, Savior, King.

Sing about our Jesus, how they took him from that tree,
And placed him in that cold, dark tomb at the foot of Calvary.
The Romans and Sanhedrian sealed up that tomb so tight,
But there's nothing darkness ever does can prevail against Heaven's might.

Chorus

Sing about our Jesus that resurrection day,
The grave-clothes laying on the slab, the stone had rolled away.
The dead are dead no longer, captivity's been set free,
And now he's opened Heaven's gate, to let in you and me.
("Song of Jesus", Drew Montgomery)

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peace and blessings to everyone this day!

God bless all of you!

-

The Beauty of Holiness777
Advanced Member
Member # 7380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Beauty of Holiness777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderfully said Caretaker so many times I watch how people get caught up in all the commericalism of Christmas and Easter; and they miss the true meaning and reason of both. They go shopping for outfits and shoes which there is nothing wrong with looking your best because God wants us to have the best. But when you get all caught up in the fashions, the easter egg hunts, and so on it takes away the real meaning.

When you watch "The Passion of Christ" that Mel Gibson produce a while back and see the pain, agony, insults, the slaps in the face, the humilation and more that HE went through for us it makes one wonder do they really, really get the true meaning of the Resurrection and Passover.

The Father of lights sent His Light to a dark and sinful world that had no hope. That light came shone through darkness and conquer calling us into His marvelous light. (1Peter 2:9)
And that light was and is Jesus Christ in Him was and is life and that life is the light of men.

HE CAME, HE DIE, HE ROSE, HE CONQUERED, HE LIVES, HE HEALS, AND HE SAVES!!! [clap2] [clap2] [Smile]

How do I know this "Because He Lives and He lives in me. For in Him I move, live and have my being; for His Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

The Resurrection is pure agape love and forgiveness to a sinful world from the true and living God of a second chance. [clap2] [dance] That's why we that are His give Him glory, honor and praise.

--------------------
In God I'am Complete.
I am a "Spiritual Being" living in a physical body.
{Prayer - a force that reaches people and places when we can't}

Posts: 192 | From: God's Universe | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

He's Alive!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0XXxs5b7rg&feature=related

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sing a song of Jesus, the Lion and the Lamb,
Sing of might and sacrifice throughout that barren land.
Sing of wounds on hands and feet, upon his head and side,
And how our blessed Savior, God, was so cruelly crucified.

Sing it out let it ring,
Messiah, Savior, King.

Sing about our Jesus, how they took him from that tree,
And placed him in that cold, dark tomb at the foot of Calvary.
The Romans and Sanhedrian sealed up that tomb so tight,
But there's nothing darkness ever does can prevail against Heaven's might.

Chorus

Sing about our Jesus that resurrection day,
The grave-clothes laying on the slab, the stone had rolled away.
The dead are dead no longer, captivity's been set free,
And now he's opened Heaven's gate, to let in you and me.

("Song of Jesus", Drew Montgomery)

Happy Resurrection Day to each of you.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a wonderful post! Thank you so very much for sharing it Caretaker.

May we all remember the tremendously gracious gift our Father God gave us in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, our Savior.

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

As we approach the commemoration of the Resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth, may we examine our hearts and our internal motivations. The shelves in the stores are bursting with chocolate bunnies, colorful Easter eggs, decorations galore, Easter apparel and the traditional "bonnets", etc. Do these truly represent the One Who was truly innocent, who was condemned to death and executed by the government, at the insistence of His enemies, who had spiritual armies at His command and could have freed Himself by spoken command, but chose to endure for each and every one who was guilty?

Did the early Church color Easter eggs and hide them? Buy new robes and sandals for the gathering in celebration? Teach their children about a magical bunny which lays eggs?

They gathered on the first day of the week, and commemorated the New Covenant which Christ had established in the breaking of bread.

As we remember and celebrate Resurrection Day let us focus our hearts on the reason we celebrate, Jesus of Nazareth who sacrificed Himself for us, who lay in the grave for three days as the sign of Jonah, who was raised from the dead and appeared to 500 witnesses, and ascended from the Mount of Olives as confirmation of the truth and validity of the Gospel, the Good News and promise for all whose hearts are open to the Passover Lamb of God, and the someday returning Lion of the Tribe of Judah.

http://www.masterbuilder.org/tracts/eastre.htm

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement