Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Reintroduction and Story

Author Topic: Reintroduction and Story
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Casey. Thanks for your comments. Welcome to the Christian BBS.
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaseyDamon
First Post
Member # 11200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaseyDamon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Carol,

I agree with you. We just have to put our faith in God's words. After getting biblical truths and history, live your life without harming anybody and creating voilance in their lives.

--------------------
Jewish Messianic Theology

Posts: 1 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Satan is a sly devil after all. One small sin will lead to another then another then another...

Moral of the story is don't play in the street. You'll get hit by a truck.

-

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No - it was not just to protect from having children out of wedlock - that was just one example that I was using.

There are a whole list of reasons I could give - I was only giving that one for arguments sake.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Mentors Riddle,

You said:

I see now that God tells us not to do things to protect us – not to be some ruler in heaven who just says not to do things

My response:

I think that some people who read your story might think that you imply that Gods primary objective (in warning us to abstain from sex outside of marriage) is to protect us from having an unwanted child.

The reason for the warning goes even deeper than that.

It is Jesus who is our intercessor. It is Jesus who sanctifies us by the power of the Holy Spirit.
When we ignore the warning of Jesus and commit sexual immorality(unrepentantly) we begin to errect a wall between us and the One (Jesus) who santifies us. It is a great mystery and I do not understand it all why "sexual immorality"(unrepentant) and "apostacy" are linked. Gods word teaches us that fornication is sin with the body and the spirit---so that clues us in to the serious nature of this particular offense. It is a good thing if we are able to recognize the temptation when it comes, knowing that it comes from the devil who desires to turn us away from our Lord.

Mentors Riddle, I am happy to hear that you have repented of this sin (which includes the body and spirit) and restored yourself to fellowship with the Lord. I would say that the redundancy of the warning against "sexual immorality" in the Holy Bible certainly speaks volumes of the seriousness of this sin against God.

With Love in Jesus, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
don't beat yourself. You have asked God to forgive you and He is generous with all of us in forgiving us. Remember all sin is wrong. And while I have not committed the same sin, I am sure God gets frustrated with me when I lose my temper and commit sins too. God bless you as God works His healing in your life.
betty [hug]

Ditto. Feeling that heart getting hooked, take in Christ, but let Him clean his Fish His way after He reals them in.

Don't get into self condemnation.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't beat yourself. You have asked God to forgive you and He is generous with all of us in forgiving us. Remember all sin is wrong. And while I have not committed the same sin, I am sure God gets frustrated with me when I lose my temper and commit sins too. God bless you as God works His healing in your life.
betty [hug]

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My name is Gog. It has been a very long time since I have visited these boards, so I think some reintroductions are in order for those of you who do not know or remember me. I am a twenty-nine year old man, and currently reside in a small town in northern Arkansas. I spend my working hours at a bank, where I am in charge coordination and events. At night I retreat to my small home in the country, which resides in a similarly small community that consists of gas stations and churches.

In the past several years I have, admittedly, strayed further away from God than I could have ever dreamed possible. I have lived a lifestyle not becoming of a Christian, or any morally driven individual. In my life recently I have experienced what you would call a decline in ethics, and for that I am ashamed.

Due to recent events in my life, God has revealed to me how utterly selfish my lifestyle has been – and caused me to realize things that I would have never been able to realize had I not experienced the things I have.

I have decided to start cleaning my life up, and returning back to a more pure way of life that is not driven by fleshly desires or wants; God help me. It would be my pleasure, and my service to God, to share with you a segment of my experiences in hopes to more clearly reveal a mindset of God, which I believe he has shared with me through my misfortune.

Below you will read my most recent tribulation, which was indeed the final straw in the lifestyle I have been choosing to live.

Please read these words, and share them with those that are young or going through similar things – so that my testimonial may be to their edification.

In April of 2011, I met a woman named Sarah. She was a beautiful woman, with a good heart and seemed to have everything I wanted in a person. She was affectionate, kind, soft spoken, and a wonderful listener.

After several weeks of dating, I began to notice little things with Sarah that would make me **** my head to the side and question her mental stability.

After only a day or two of dating, she began to call me “honey,” “Sweetie,” “Baby,” and any other pet name you could imagine. I thought this as a strange and slightly off putting thing to do so soon into a relationship, but I thought it may just be something she does with everyone.

Soon we began sleeping together. This is wrong, and I knew it. But I ignored what I had been taught between right and wrong, and said to myself “That’s an old way of life that doesn’t apply anymore.”

She came from a broken home, and had been divorced from her ex for about two years after he cheated on her. But despite all of that she didn’t seem to be effected by it, and still seemed normal.

Soon after we were together, she began calling me every moment of the day, and texting nonstop when I didn’t answer the phone. I became apprehensive about seeing her or even talking to her. When I broke up with her she said ,”You’ll be sorry….”

About a month and a half later, she called me and told me she was pregnant.

I think at that moment I felt the earth move below me, and it seemed as though I wasn’t real. The anxiety I felt flair up in my chest was almost unbearable, and I just wanted to curl up into a ball and go to sleep.

For over nine months I was a nervous wreck. I found myself crying at random times, and smoking and drinking all the time. I wasn’t ready to be a father – at least I didn’t want to be a father to a child who would only experience a broken home.

And that’s when the lessons started…..

When we are children, we are often times told to not do things by our parents – and we rebel against this and wonder why. In our infantile minds we cannot see the harm in doing what we want to do. But was we get older we begin to see a bigger picture of things, and eventually understand why our parents told us not to do things: to protect us.

Eight months into the pregnancy she admits to me that she was also sleeping with her ex, and they weren’t wearing any protection. There was always the question in my mind of “What if this child is mine?”

Last week I laid in my bed and prayed to God – he helped me to see that through my actions I could have influenced another beings life, and been responsible for all of the negative repercussions that were caused by my actions.

I see now that God tells us not to do things to protect us – not to be some ruler in heaven who just says not to do things.

We are like children, with the mentality of children compared to God – It is important to always remember that God has a plan for us and our future.

In the end, it turned out that the child is not mine – and I learned that today, much to my relief.

What I have learned is to consciously try my best to understand why God has asked us to not do things. I have learned that it is time to put childish things behind me, and fight to become a better man and person.

I begin my walk anew, with God and hope to never become the disgusting creature I have recently been.

It saddens me that we sometimes are only able to attain self reflection when we are in our low points in life.

I wish I could type more, but I am at work right now and have to go.

I just wanted to share my experience & maybe it can help others.

God is a just ruler, and has a plan for us all. If we would only listen to what he as asked of us, we would be much more happy.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement