Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The 5 books of Moses?

Author Topic: The 5 books of Moses?
Protective Angel
Advanced Member
Member # 9108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Protective Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This Bible history is great!

So the Sumarians lived in Babylon?

Then the Sumarians built the tower of Babel?

Posts: 46 | From: IL | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the Lineage from Jacob/Israel to Moses who led the Children of Israel out of slavery in Egypt and brought them down the Law from Sinai, and they would move from being a tribe to the Hebrew Nation:

JACOB lived 147 years and died. Gen. 47:28

LEVI lived 137 years and died. Ex. 6:16

KOHATH lived 133 years and died. Ex. 6:18

AMRAM lived 137 years and died. Ex. 16:20

MOSES lived 120 years and died. Deut. 34:

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Protective Angel:
Thanks so much.
When the Torah was given to the Samarians,
Was that all of the Bible at that time?
I'm guessing yes, because the other books were not written yet.

You probably mean Sumerians:

quote:

THE SUMERIANS

The Sumerians are of great importance for an understanding
of the development of modern human civilization.

The Sumerians "were responsible for the first system of writing...
the earliest known codes of law; the development of the city-state;
the invention of the potter's wheel, the sailboat, and the seed plow;
and the creation of literary, musical, and architectural forms
that influenced all of Western civilization." Encyclopaedia Britannica
"Babylon", Micropaedia, Vol. 1, p. 771, 15th Edition.

It was to the descendents of Shem through Abraham, Issac, Jacob,{whose name was changed to Israel), that the Law of God would be given, the Mosaic Covenant established, and the first written Word of God begun.

Abraham coming out of Ur of the Chaldeans and into Canaan. Out of Abraham would come two peoples. Through Ishmael the Arabs and through Isaac the Children of Israel, the Hebrew Nation.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Protective Angel
Advanced Member
Member # 9108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Protective Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much.
When the Torah was given to the Samarians,
Was that all of the Bible at that time?
I'm guessing yes, because the other books were not written yet.

Posts: 46 | From: IL | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Why are the 5 books of Moses not in the Bible?

Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy

The Five Books of Moses, the Torah. In Greek the "Pentateuch".

Exodus 24:
4 And Moses wrote all the words of the LORD, and rose up early in the morning, and builded an altar under the hill, and twelve pillars, according to the twelve tribes of Israel.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Protective Angel
Advanced Member
Member # 9108

Why are the 5 books of Moses not in the Bible?
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

quote:
In my King James version Bible, in the dictionary part, it talks of the Pentateuch (5 books of Moses)

I looked up the word, Samaritan.

I found this great statement from Jesus. In the King James, Jesus words appear in red.

St. John 4:24
God is a Spirit ; and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Is this how the blind and deaf can find God? They can neither read or hear the word.

Pentateuch is the Greek word meaning "Five", and references the Jewish Torah.

Helen Keller was blind and deaf:

"It's wonderful to climb the liquid mountains of the sky. Behind me and before me is God and I have no fears."
Helen Keller

It is God Who pierces the darkness and sets the captives free.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Protective Angel
Advanced Member
Member # 9108

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Protective Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my King James version Bible, in the dictionary part, it talks of the Pentateuch (5 books of Moses)

I looked up the word, Samaritan.

I found this great statement from Jesus. In the King James, Jesus words appear in red.

St. John 4:24
God is a Spirit ; and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Is this how the blind and deaf can find God? They can neither read or hear the word.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement