Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The burden of the Lord?

Author Topic: The burden of the Lord?
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Protective Angel:
I'm really enjoying this study on the subject.

The Bible is complete. Have any here heard that the Bible may not? That a few of the books were left out. The book Mary, who some say was really Jesus wife and that when the Bible was put together needed to be left out for whatever reason. What about the book of Enoch, who was taken up in the air to be trained by the Gods.

Are these then, fake books?

Yes, never a part of scriptural canon

Thanks for your truth revealing.
All I'm looking for is the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIGHT. It seems like the truth may have been changed or is still being changed today.

No. God's Truth is eternal. Jesus said that He is the WAY, the Truth, and the LIFE

Rightousness, truth, goodness, are the search I am on.

The ONLY righteousness is found in Christ, apart from Christ man has NO righteousness.

All you guys are being great help.

I hope that one day you will be able to place your faith and trust in Christ.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Protective Angel
Advanced Member
Member # 9108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Protective Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm really enjoying this study on the subject.

The Bible is complete. Have any here heard that the Bible may not? That a few of the books were left out. The book Mary, who some say was really Jesus wife and that when the Bible was put together needed to be left out for whatever reason. What about the book of Enoch, who was taken up in the air to be trained by the Gods.

Are these then, fake books?

Thanks for your truth revealing.
All I'm looking for is the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIGHT. It seems like the truth may have been changed or is still being changed today.

Rightousness, truth, goodness, are the search I am on.

All you guys are being great help.

Posts: 46 | From: IL | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Word of God is complete, and we are certainly not to add to, or take away from. We should discount any new revelations which would contradict the Word of God or are a means to elevate such above God's Word in importance. Also of concern when they point to the person rather than to Christ and a Biblical walk of faith.

God can move in the hearts and lives of His children, and can provide direction and insight. He calls His pastors, and He illuminates His Word in our understanding. He can speak as He desires.

This from Got Questions:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.gotquestions.org/visions-Christian.html

We must keep in mind that the Bible is finished, and it tells us everything we need to know. The key truth is that if God were to give a vision, it would agree completely with what He has already revealed in His Word. Visions should never be given equal or greater authority than the Word of God. God’s Word is our ultimate authority for Christian faith and practice. If you believe you have had a vision and feel that perhaps God gave it to you, prayerfully examine the Word of God and make sure your vision is in agreement with Scripture. Then prayerfully consider what God would have you do in response to the vision (James 1:5). God would not give a vision to a person and then keep the meaning of the vision hidden. In Scripture, whenever a person asked God for the meaning of a vision, God made sure it was explained to the person (Daniel 8:15-17).

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Protective Angel:
My path in to find the way, the truth, and the light. Useing your beliefs then would it be possible Carol, that you are not saved. According to the Bible, your name nor mine appears.
Carol, How do we know were saved?

(NIV)
Hebrews 2:2-4
For if the message spoken by angels was binding, and every violation and disobedience received its just punishment, how shall we escape if we ignore such a great salvation? This salvation, which was first annouced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him. God also testified to it by SIGNS, WONDERS and various MIRACLES, and GIFTS of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.

Another question Carol and I'm enjoying this learning of the Bible.

How do we know Gods will for us?

The first thing you should do is seek the Word of God and open your heart to Him.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Heb. 11:
1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Romans 10:
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Heb. 2:
2 For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward;
3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

The Lord confirmed the Apostles with signs and wonders, it is NOT a sign of faith and can be counterfeited by Satan for those who place their faith in what they experience and not in what His Word declares.

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect." Matt. 24:24

quote:

http://www.letusreason.org/pent4.htm

If we look at the book of Acts who was it that took up a serpent? (not on purpose) Paul an apostle. Who laid hands on the sick? The apostles. This was never a normal occurrence for everyone who was a Christian. It's not that we can't pray for the sick today, we can. And the Lord may use whoever he may wish to today. However if these signs and wonders were to follow all who believe how could one tell who the apostles were. There would be no distinction in leadership. The very reason for the signs and miracles were to appoint the apostles as a governing leadership over Gods new entity the Church. It was to show that Israel had a change of leadership. This was not entrusted into everyone's hands that believe but those who were hand picked and spent time with Jesus.

Those who were to dispense the new teaching of Jesus God used and validated by working through them signs and miracles like Jesus. Acts 2:43: "Then fear came upon every soul and many signs and wonders are done through the apostles. Mk.16:17 and these signs will follow those who believe... is clarified by Vs .20 and they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them (the apostles) and confirming the word through the accompanying signs." Acts 5:12 "And through he hands of the apostles many signs and wonders were done among the people." It was toward those who believed by hearing the gospel, accompanying the apostles message.

Acts 14:3:" Paul and Barnabas speak boldly in the Lord, who bears witness to His word of grace, granting signs sign and wonders to be done through their hands." The bible is clear this was specifically done through Gods appointed apostles or those who traveled with them. So there is no scriptural validity for what certain famous people are saying today that we all can see this occur by our hands. The same apostles that had these miracles validate their leadership were the ones who wrote down the scripture for us to know the revelation of Jesus. "Truly the signs of an apostle were accomplished among you with all perseverance, in signs and wonders and mighty deeds."( 2 Cor. 12:12)Paul states the miracles proved their apostleship, their appointment to lead the church.

Rom. 15:19: "in mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God, so that from Jerusalem and round about to Illyricum I have fully preached the gospel of Christ." The emphasis is not on the signs but on the message they bear witness too, which was the gospel working among pagans.

All these and many more scriptures show that the apostles were special men commissioned for a unique role in a particular time period for the church. The apostles never preached signs and wonders to attract the multitudes who did not believe nor those who already believe. Seeing a sign was never a assurance of belief for the individual.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Protective Angel
Advanced Member
Member # 9108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Protective Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My path in to find the way, the truth, and the light. Useing your beliefs then would it be possible Carol, that you are not saved. According to the Bible, your name nor mine appears.
Carol, How do we know were saved?

(NIV)
Hebrews 2:2-4
For if the message spoken by angels was binding, and every violation and disobedience received its just punishment, how shall we escape if we ignore such a great salvation? This salvation, which was first annouced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him. God also testified to it by SIGNS, WONDERS and various MIRACLES, and GIFTS of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.

Another question Carol and I'm enjoying this learning of the Bible.

How do we know Gods will for us?

Posts: 46 | From: IL | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
Amen Carol!!!

Ditto...

But from the Book of Mortars, Pollycarp was given a dream before the word was written that he would be burned at the stake.

I recently had a dream of a normal black tornado that didnt ground then another of a white tornado that did?

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Amen Carol!!!

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Caretaker!

The purpose of the indwelling Holy Spirit is not to glorify the Holy Spirit, or man, but to glorify Christ.

John 16:13,14, "But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.

"He shall glorify Me; for He shall take of Mine, and shall disclose it to you."

If your dreams were from God then you would not be talking about having dreams. You would be talking about Christ! Ever and always, our Lord Jesus Christ!

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

2 Cor. 11:
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Joseph Smith was visited by angels and even God the Father and God the Son, but it was demonic deception. This was the foundation of the Latter Day Saints.

Ellen G. White was shown visions of Heaven by the angel Gabriel, which led to the false teachings of the Seventh Day Adventists.

There are demonic Marian appearances which have deceived the Roman Catholic Church. Demonic visions and dreams of the RCC nun, Catherine Emmerich were the impetus behind the Delorus Passion of the Christ, which Mel Gibson used in his movie.

There is God and there is the god of this world, who has tremendous power for deception.

http://www.soulwinning.info/fd/visions_and_dreams.htm

quote:

How does God speak to us? Through His Son, who is THE WORD OF GOD (John 1:1; Revelation 19:13). Jesus is the Living Word which came down amongst men in the flesh (John 1:14; 1st Timothy 3:16). If you want to find God today, and hear from God, then you MUST look to the Scriptures. This is the key to truth, for the Word of God is truth (John 17:17). Jesus is the truth (John 14:6). Jesus Christ and the Word of God are inseparable! BEWARE of modernists who teach about spirituality and appear to be Christian, but they don't teach and promote the Word of God.

It's sad that people don't have any interest in the Word of God—until some nut claims that there's a secret computer code in the Bible, or that he saw 13 feet demons in a vision with claws and giant teeth. There are multitudes of deceivers in the world today, who claim to have received visions and dreams from God; but we know Biblically that they are lying. If indeed they have received dreams or visions, they didn't come from God. Deuteronomy 29:29, “The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are REVEALED belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.” Everything revealed is for all to benefit from in the Lord.

God doesn't speak to any individuals today through private revelations, as He did in the Old Testament. The Word of God is complete! Such false prophets as Ellen G. White of the Seventh-Day Adventists, and Joseph Smith of the Mormons were demonically inspired. They both made claims of having received “divine revelations” from God, but they are both LIARS! There are no dreams nor visions today from God according to Hebrews 1:1-2, which plainly states that God speaks to us today ONLY through THE WORD OF GOD.

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 1 Timothy 4:1

And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. Matthew 24:11

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Matthew 24:24

For such [are] false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 2 Corinthians 11:13-14

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2Peter 2:1

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Protective Angel
Advanced Member
Member # 9108

Carol,
I have special dream in sleep and awake. They can be scary but I try to control my fear. Asking to see more.

Carol, if God is not showing showing me these things of special happening, where could this kind of goodness come from.
I seems to me that only God would allow good powers to flow. I feel a power from somewhere good. I'm just asumeing it's from God.

Carol, do you believe that we are capable of anything the God gives us the power to do. I believe God can do that. I believe he didn't stop speaking to us after the Bible was written. That he still speaks to us today.

A reminder I think of was the child trapped in the swamp in Georgia about 2 years ago. The interview with the man who found her said, "God led me to her."

I definitly take these verses of the bible seriously.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God exposes the sins of the false prophets (Jer. 23:9-40)

What God said, as recorded in Jeremiah 14:14, summarizes this entire section: “The prophets prophesy lies in My name. I have not sent them, commanded them, nor spoken to them; they prophesy to you a false vision, divination, a worthless thing, and the deceit of their heart” (NKJV). Jeremiah focused on three areas in their lives that were especially abhorrent.

Their disgraceful conduct (vv. 9-15)

True prophets know how serious it is to be called by God to declare His Word, and they accept the responsibility with fear and trembling. When they see self-styled prophets living like sinners, it grieves them. No wonder Jeremiah had a broken heart and trembled like a drunken man! He realized what the false prophets were doing to the people and the land, and it made him sick. “Horror [indignation]7-7 hath taken hold upon me because of the wicked that forsake Thy Law” (Ps. 119:53).

The false prophets were committing adultery and thronging the houses of prostitution (Jer. 5:7). Then they would go to the temple and pretend to worship Jehovah (23:11), turning God’s house into a den of thieves (7:9-11). But the word “adultery” also includes their worship of idols, turning from the true God (to whom Israel was “married”) and being unfaithful to their covenant promises.

The false prophets had led the Northern Kingdom of Israel astray (23:13), and now they were leading the Southern Kingdom of Judah astray (v. 14). Baal was the Canaanite rain god to whom the Jews were prone to turn for help in times of drought (1 Kings 17-18), and his worship included “sacred prostitution.” Jerusalem was becoming like Sodom and Gomorrah—cities so wicked God had to destroy them (Jer. 20:16; Gen. 18-19).

The land was suffering a severe drought (Jer. 23:10; see chap. 14) because the false prophets led the people to violate the terms of their covenant with God. The Lord promised to send the early and latter rains if they obeyed Him (Deut. 11:10-15; 28:12), but He also warned them that He would make the heavens brass and the earth iron if they disobeyed Him (11:16-17; 28:23-24). “Because of the curse the land lies parched” (Jer. 23:10, NIV). But the sinners refused to escape, even though God had promised to judge them in due time (vv. 12, 15).

Whenever a nation needs healing, it’s usually because God’s people aren’t obeying and serving Him as they should. We like to blame dishonest politicians and various purveyors of pleasure for a nation’s decline in morality, but God blames His own people. “If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land” (2 Chron. 7:14).

Their dishonest message (vv. 16-32)

To begin with, the false prophets offered the people a false hope (Jer. 23:16-20). “The Lord says: You will have peace …. No harm will come to you” (v. 17, NIV; see 6:13-15; 8:10-12). Of course, this was a popular message, and the frightened people grabbed it and held on to it. But the false prophets hadn’t heard that message in God’s council; they made it up out of their own hearts. Instead of peace, a storm was brewing from the Lord (23:20). God was about to vent His holy anger on His sinful people, and when they finally understood His purposes, it would be too late to stop the whirlwind.

Not only did the false prophets give the people a false hope, but they also ministered under a false authority (23:21-24). God hadn’t spoken to them, yet they prophesied. God hadn’t called them, yet they ran with their message. If they were truly prophets from God, they would have lived godly lives and encouraged the people to turn from their wickedness. Instead, they taught a popular “theology” that made it convenient for people to be religious and still live in sin.

Jehovah wasn’t a local deity like the pagan idols, but a transcendent God who reigns above all things and fills heaven and earth (vv. 23-24). Nor was He blind like the idols (Ps. 115:5), unable to see the sins of the people. “Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him?” (Jer. 23:24) Because they listened to the false prophets, the people believed lies about God, and what we believe about God determines how we live.

Finally, the false prophets were speaking under a false inspiration (vv. 25-32). They depended on dreams and delusions of the mind, and they even plagiarized messages from one another! Compared to the nourishing wheat of the Word, their messages were only straw; you couldn’t eat it, build with it, or even be warmed by it.

The message of the true prophet is like a hammer that can tear down and build up (see 1:10) and even break the hardest rocks (23:29). The Word is like fire that consumes waste and purifies whatever it touches. Jeremiah had the Word burning in his heart (20:9; see Luke 24:32) and on his lips (Jer. 5:14). He was God’s assayer, using the fire of the Word to test the lives of the people (6:27).

There are false prophets and teachers in our world today (2 Peter 2:1; 1 John 4:1-6), people who claim to know God’s will because of their dreams, their study of astrology, or their special “spiritual” gifts. Some of them have invaded the church (Jude 3-4). Whatever anyone says who claims to be speaking for the Lord must be tested by the Word of God. “To the Law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them” (Isa. 8:20).

Their disrespectful attitude (vv. 33-40)

The key Hebrew word in this section is massa, which means “a burden.” Jeremiah used it to refer to bearing burdens on the Sabbath (Jer. 17:21-27), but in this context it means the burden of the message that the Lord places on His prophets (Nahum 1:1; Hab. 1:1; Mal. 1:1). For this reason, some scholars translate it “oracle,” but “burden” is perfectly acceptable (see the NIV and NASB, both of which put “burden” in the margin).

God cautioned Jeremiah not to encourage the careless attitude of the priests, people, and false prophets when they asked him, “What is the burden of the Lord?” The phrase “burden of the Lord” was almost a cliché; it was used to poke fun at God’s true prophet. (The phrase “born again” often gets the same kind of treatment.)

Why should the false prophets ask for an oracle from the Lord when Jeremiah had already told them what God wanted them to hear? If they hadn’t obeyed what God already commanded, why should He tell them more? Their attitude toward God’s message was careless and disrespectful; they weren’t taking seriously God’s message or God’s messenger. The false prophets had distorted the truth to make it mean what they wanted it to mean, and yet they called their messages the “oracles of the Lord.”

Jeremiah was to reply, “You are the burden!” (v. 33, NIV margin) The Living Bible catches the spirit of the passage:

When one of the people or one of their “prophets” or priests asks you, “Well, Jeremiah, what is the sad news from the Lord today?” you shall reply, “What sad news? You are the sad news, for the Lord has cast you away!” (Jer. 23:33)

A worldly church puts an emphasis on “fun” and “entertainment” and forgets about tears. We now have “Christian comedians” who generate laughter for thirty minutes and then tack on the Gospel and give an invitation. While there’s a proper place for humor in the Christian life, the church today needs to hear the words of James: “Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up” (James 4:9-10, NKJV). The church isn’t taking God’s Word seriously at an hour when the world is in serious trouble.

(Wiersbe)

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He said he was confused, you meany [Smile] I'm just trying to help.

Jeremiah 23:33 - 40 (NLT)

“Suppose one of the people or one of the prophets or priests asks you, ‘What prophecy has the LORD burdened you with now?’ You must reply, ‘You are the burden! The LORD says he will abandon you!’

“If any prophet, priest, or anyone else says, ‘I have a prophecy from the LORD,’ I will punish that person along with his entire family. You should keep asking each other, ‘What is the LORD’s answer?’ or ‘What is the LORD saying?’ But stop using this phrase, ‘prophecy from the LORD.’ For people are using it to give authority to their own ideas, turning upside down the words of our God, the living God, the LORD of Heaven’s Armies.

“This is what you should say to the prophets: ‘What is the LORD’s answer?’ or ‘What is the LORD saying?’ But suppose they respond, ‘This is a prophecy from the LORD!’ Then you should say, ‘This is what the LORD says: Because you have used this phrase, “prophecy from the LORD,” even though I warned you not to use it, I will forget you completely. I will expel you from my presence, along with this city that I gave to you and your ancestors. And I will make you an object of ridicule, and your name will be infamous throughout the ages.’”

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carol Swenson:
Jeremiah 23:25 - 32 (NLT)

“I have heard these prophets say, ‘Listen to the dream I had from God last night.’ And then they proceed to tell lies in my name. How long will this go on? If they are prophets, they are prophets of deceit, inventing everything they say. By telling these false dreams, they are trying to get my people to forget me, just as their ancestors did by worshiping the idols of Baal.

“Let these false prophets tell their dreams, but let my true messengers faithfully proclaim my every word.

There is a difference between straw and grain!

Does not my word burn like fire?” says the LORD. “Is it not like a mighty hammer that smashes a rock to pieces?

“Therefore,” says the LORD, “I am against these prophets who steal messages from each other and claim they are from me. I am against these smooth-tongued prophets who say, ‘This prophecy is from the LORD!’ I am against these false prophets. Their imaginary dreams are flagrant lies that lead my people into sin. I did not send or appoint them, and they have no message at all for my people. I, the LORD have spoken!

Wacha Mean, you meany. For the baseball fans.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Jeremiah 23:25 - 32 (NLT)

“I have heard these prophets say, ‘Listen to the dream I had from God last night.’ And then they proceed to tell lies in my name. How long will this go on? If they are prophets, they are prophets of deceit, inventing everything they say. By telling these false dreams, they are trying to get my people to forget me, just as their ancestors did by worshiping the idols of Baal.

“Let these false prophets tell their dreams, but let my true messengers faithfully proclaim my every word.

There is a difference between straw and grain!

Does not my word burn like fire?” says the LORD. “Is it not like a mighty hammer that smashes a rock to pieces?

“Therefore,” says the LORD, “I am against these prophets who steal messages from each other and claim they are from me. I am against these smooth-tongued prophets who say, ‘This prophecy is from the LORD!’ I am against these false prophets. Their imaginary dreams are flagrant lies that lead my people into sin. I did not send or appoint them, and they have no message at all for my people. I, the LORD have spoken!

Protective Angel
Advanced Member
Member # 9108

When I read this I was confused.
King James vers.
Jeremiah 23:28-40
The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream ; and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the Lord.
Is not my word like fire? saith the Lord ; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?
Therefor, behold, I am against the prophets, saith the Lord, that steal my words everyone from his neighbour.
Behold, I am against the prophets, saith the Lord, that use their tongues, and say, He saith.
Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the Lord, and tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them; therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the Lord.
And when this people, or the prophet, or a priest, shall ask thee, saying, What is the burden of the Lord? thou shalt then say unto them, What burden? I will even forsake you, saith the Lord.
And as for the prophet, and the priest, and the people, that shall say, The burden of the Lord, I will even punish that man and his house.
Thus shall ye say every one to his neighbour, and every one to his brother, What hath the Lord answered? and, What hath the Lord spoken?
And the burden of the Lord shall ye mention no more; for every man's word shall be his burden; for ye have perverted the words of the living God, of the Lord of hosts our God.
Thus shalt thou say to the prophet, What hath the Lord answered thee? and, What hath the Lord spoken?
But since ye say, The burden of the Lord; therefore thus saith the Lord; Because ye say this word, The burden of the Lord, and I have sent unto you, saying, Ye shall not say, The burden of the Lord;
Therefore, behold, I, even I, will utterly forget you, and I will forsake you, and the city that I gave you and your fathers, and cast you out of my presence;
And I will bring an everlasting reproachupon you, and a perpetual shame, which shall not be forgotten.

Sounds like a stern warning for people who say the "Lord said" , if he did not.
For me as I believe that God speaks to me, but how am I sure? Because it is good it must come from him? Do I repeat what I believe to be his convictions on me?
Thanks for helping.
Roger [rapture]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement