Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » THE TRUTH OF THE GOSPEL

Author Topic: THE TRUTH OF THE GOSPEL
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 7 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is one New Testament.

You better use your fingers this time,lol.

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

[Kiss]

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
jealous
Of false doctrine...I don’t think so

quote:
base ball fans
This is not a game; this is a Christian Message Board

quote:
I BELIEVE:
1) The verbal inspiration and plenary authority of the BIBLE in its original writings.

WildB, you say you believe” The verbal inspiration and plenary authority of the BIBLE in its original writings.”

That means you believe the Holy Spirit inspired the Apostle Peter to pen these words…

15And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
17Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
18But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

16As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

2 Peter 3
1This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
2That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
3Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

God give you ears to hear WildB….2That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

There is only one Gospel, and those that teach other wise are deceivers….

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 7 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
Wildb do you believe the scriptures are inspired by the Holy Spirit?

You wouldn't have the spirit of jealousy now would you?

But for the base ball fans I will post what you already know about me.

I BELIEVE:
1) The verbal inspiration and plenary authority of the BIBLE in its original writings.

2) The eternal trinity of the GODHEAD.

3) The eternal deity, virgin birth, vicarious death, and spotless humanity of the LORD JESUS CHRIST.

4) MANKIND by nature is sinful and under the condemnation of God.

5) Personal SALVATION is by God’s grace, through faith in the crucified, risen, and glorified Christ.

6) The ETERNAL SECURITY of all the saved.

7) The personality and deity of the HOLY SPIRIT.

8) The essential unity of all believers of the present dispensation as members of the one true Church, the BODY OF CHRIST.

9) The GIFTS enumerated in Ephesians 4:7-16, have been given for the building up of the Body of Christ, and of these, only evangelists, pastors, and teachers are in order during the present dispensation. The sign gifts of the Acts period were temporary in character, and have ceased.

10) The privilege and duty of all the saved to WALK by faith as children of light.

11) The Communion of the LORD’S SUPPER as revealed through Paul for the members of the Body of Christ “TILL HE COME.”

12) All believers are made members of the Body of Christ by One Divine BAPTISM, by which also they are identified with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection. In the light of I Corinthians 1:17, Ephesians 4:5. and Colossians 2:12, we affirm that water baptism has no place in God’s spiritual program for the Body of Christ in this dispensation of grace.

13) The RESURRECTION of the Body.

14) The Pretribulation RAPTURE of the Church.

15) The personal, premillennial RETURN OF CHRIST to reign on earth.

16) The ETERNAL PUNISHMENT of the unsaved dead.

17) The MYSTERY “Hid in God” was the divine purpose to make of Jew and Gentile a whole new thing, that is, the Church, which is Christ’s Body. The revelation of this Mystery was committed to Paul, and it is in his writings alone that we find the doctrine, position, walk and destiny of the Church.

Plenary verbal inspiration
The word plenary means "full" or "complete". Therefore, plenary verbal inspiration asserts that God inspired the complete text(s) of the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, including both historical and doctrinal details. The word verbal affirms the idea that inspiration extends to the very words the writers chose. For example, in Acts 1:16 the Apostle Peter says "the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake" (KJV). Paul calls all scripture "God-breathed" in 2 Timothy 3:16 (referring to the Old Testament). Thus, the Holy Spirit guided the writers along (cf. 2 Peter 1:20-21) while allowing their own personalities and freedom to produce the Bible we have today. This view recognizes and asserts both the human and divine element within Scripture. This understanding has sometimes been compared and contrasted to the understanding of the two natures of Jesus.
Four things inspiration is not

In order to insure the clarity of what inspiration is and is not, the following four points should be helpful:
1) The idea is not of mechanical dictation, or automatic writing, or any process which involved the suspending of the action of the human writer's mind. Such concepts of inspiration are found in the Talmud, Philo, and the Fathers, but not in the Bible. The divine direction and control under which the biblical authors wrote was not a physical or psychological force, and it did not detract from but rather heightened the freedom, spontaneity, and creativeness of their writing.
2) The fact that in inspiration God did not obliterate the personality, style, outlook, and cultural conditioning of his penmen does not mean that his control of them was imperfect, or that they inevitably distorted the truth they had been given to convey in the process of writing it down. B.B. Warfield gently mocks the notion that, when God wanted Paul's letters written,
He was reduced to the necessity of going down to earth and painfully scrutinizing the men He found there, seeking anxiously for the one who, on the whole, promised best for His purpose; and then violently forcing the material He wished expressed through him, against his natural bent, and with as little loss from his recalcitrant characteristics as possible. Of course, nothing of the sort took place. If God wished to give His people a series of letters like Paul's, He prepared a Paul to write them, and the Paul He brought to the task was a Paul who spontaneously would write just such letters (The Inspiration and Authority of the Bible).
3) Inspiredness is not a quality attaching to corruptions that intrude in the course of the transmission of the text, but only to the text as originally produced by the inspired writers. The acknowledgement of biblical inspiration thus makes more urgent the task of meticulous textual criticism, in order to eliminate such corruptions and ascertain what the original text was.
4) The inspiredness of the biblical writing is not to be equated with the inspiredness of great literature, not even when (as is often true) the biblical writing is in fact great literature. The biblical idea of inspiration relates not to the literary quality of what is written, but to its character as divine revelation in writing.
The above four points are taken verabtim from J. I. Packer's "The Origin of the Bible", p. 35-36

[Kiss]

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
I continue to pray for you WildB...

On the outside for all the baseball fans but on the inside the Lord knows your real heart with the law on it.

May the Grace of God someday liberate you.

In Jesus Name,

Amen.

[Kiss]

--------------------
That is all.....

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I continue to pray for you WildB...

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
WildB
1That OSAS,is a license to SIN~~~!"
2That the Sabbath is to be kept on Saturday.
3That Yahushua must be used in the place of the name JESUS.
4That the Harpazo is a lie.
5That there is no BEMA.
6That there is no such thing as a carnal Christian.
7That THE MYSTERY is a lie.
8That retention of the Law will be the guarantee of everlasting life.

1That OSAS,is a license to SIN~~~!" yes I have said this and in context, I said it about men like Charles Stanley, yourself and other that teach there is no way a Christian can lose their salivation.

2That the Sabbath is to be kept on Saturday ...I have never aid that, I have said continually , you just don't listen...the Law is wrote on the heart, the Sabbath has not been changed, " Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy, that’s what the scriptures say. " They accused Jesus of not keeping the Law but He kept it perfectly because He kept the Spirit of the Law but the religious of His day couldn’t see either.

3That Yahushua must be used in the place of the name JESUS…. I have never said that, it is just that I prefer to use His given name, even if I may misspell it

4That the Harpazo is a lie….I challenge you to produce one instance where I said or implied that. In fact I lean on the side of the pretrib and my post will verify that!

5That there is no BEMA….I have never said this either, no not once!

6That there is no such thing as a carnal Christian. … Yes I have said this and I think scriptures not taken out of context prove it. I am aware of the scripture where Paul referrers to Carnal Christians

7That THE MYSTERY is a lie. … this is only true as you teach it

8That retention of the Law will be the guarantee of everlasting life….never said this…but I have said along with C. H. Spurgeon the Law is not done away with, that the Law is perpetual for all generations till the end of time.

If your are going to say I post something, get what I say right…other wise you are bearing false witness

More straw-man posting.
[cool_shades]

--------------------
That is all.....

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

quote:
WildB
5That there is no BEMA.

1That OSAS,is a license to SIN~~~!" yes I have said this and in context, I said it about men like Charles Stanley, yourself and other that teach there is no way a Christian can lose their salivation.

2That the Sabbath is to be kept on Saturday ...I have never aid that, I have said continually , you just don't listen...the Law is wrote on the heart, the Sabbath has not been changed, " Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy, that’s what the scriptures say. " They accused Jesus of not keeping the Law but He kept it perfectly because He kept the Spirit of the Law but the religious of His day couldn’t see either.

3That Yahushua must be used in the place of the name JESUS…. I have never said that, it is just that I prefer to use His given name, even if I may misspell it

4That the Harpazo is a lie….I challenge you to produce one instance where I said or implied that. In fact I lean on the side of the pretrib and my post will verify that!

5That there is no BEMA….I have never said this either, no not once!

6That there is no such thing as a carnal Christian. … Yes I have said this and I think scriptures not taken out of context prove it. I am aware of the scripture where Paul referrers to Carnal Christians

7That THE MYSTERY is a lie. … this is only true as you teach it

8That retention of the Law will be the guarantee of everlasting life….never said this…but I have said along with C. H. Spurgeon the Law is not done away with, that the Law is perpetual for all generations till the end of time.

If your are going to say I post something, get what I say right…other wise you are bearing false witness

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Repent while the day is yet called day.

that is my prayer for you....
I know.

But I beat ya to it,lol.

Now go and sin no more.

James 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

[cool_shades]

--------------------
That is all.....

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

that is my prayer for you....

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
Cornelius R. Stam is a teacher of a false faith a different Gospel than the Lord Jesus preached, not just a few errors but a false Gospel....Beware of wolves in sheep’s clothing!

Said the law/grace gospel weed seeder on the GRACE only Board.

Very sad that you just don't get it.

THE OTHER GOSPEL

5That there is no BEMA.

That C. H. Spurgeon does not SUBSCRIBE to.

becauseHElives

[cool_shades]

--------------------
That is all.....

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wildb do you believe the scriptures are inspired by the Holy Spirit?

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Cornelius R. Stam is a teacher of a false faith a different Gospel than the Lord Jesus preached, not just a few errors but a false Gospel....Beware of wolves in sheep’s clothing!

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 15 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by Cornelius R. Stam

Twice in Galatians 2 Paul speaks of "the truth of the gospel." In both cases the Apostle had been forced to speak out to defend the purity of "the gospel of the grace of God."

In Verses 4,5 he refers to his contest with those at Jerusalem who would have brought the Gentile believers under the law of Moses. Among them were "false brethren," he says, "unawares brought in... to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage: to whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour, that the truth of the gospel might continue with you."

In the second case he refers to a controversy with Peter who, having enjoyed blessed fellowship with Gentile Christians, had been intimidated by some of his Jewish brethren into separating himself from the Gentiles. Concerning this, Paul writes: "But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed" (Ver. 11). Why was Peter to be blamed? Verse 14 answers: Because he "walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel," i.e., "the gospel of the grace of God," in which believing Jews and Gentiles are "one body in Christ."

How we should all thank God for Paul's vigorous defense of the gospel of grace, under which all who trust in Christ as Savior are baptized by the Holy Spirit into the one true Bible Church (I Cor. 12:13).

Doubtless Paul's stand for "the gospel of the grace of God" stemmed from the fact that he himself had experienced the truth of this blessed message. As the chief of sinners he had been gloriously saved. All his power and prestige as a Pharisee, all his intellectual achievement, all his rigid Law observance meant nothing now, as in the presence of the glorified Lord he saw himself a sinner, the chief of sinners, and was saved by the matchless grace of God.

--------------------
That is all.....

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement