Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The Gospel for Today's Age of Grace

Author Topic: The Gospel for Today's Age of Grace
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Lord Jesus established a New Covenant separating His Church from Israel.

He paid for His Church on Calvary.

He commissioned His Church with the Eleven

He empowered His Church on the Day of Pentecost

He revealed the Mystery of His Church as His indwelling presence within His Body through the teaching of our Brother Paul

He will one day return for His Church.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

From the very moment when Christ indwelt HIS CHURCH on the Day of Pentecost Christ was reigning from His Kingdom, in the hearts and lives of His Bride.

He will return and reign from His earthly kingdom following the Tribulation, as the Righteous Reign of the Root of Jessie.

DO NOT WRONGLY DIVIDE THE BODY OF CHRIST, INTO JEW AND GENTILE!!!

Gal.

3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Only a portion of the doctrine of Christ was made known during His ministry on earth. After His ascension He revealed many additional teachings to the apostles through the Holy Spirit. Shortly before His death He said: "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come" (John 16:12,13). "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you" (John 14:26).

The Holy Spirit revealed all truth to the apostles, He taught them all things, also things Jesus had not yet made known during his life on earth.

When people claim that the words of Jesus in the Gospels are authoritative but the words of the apostles are not, they are rejecting the words of Jesus in the Gospels because He says that we must obey the apostles or we reject both Him and the Father.

The church is built on the teaching of the apostles, which is nothing other than the teaching of Christ, made known through them and subsequently recorded in the New Testament. Together with Christ, the apostles and prophets form the foundation of the church: "Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone" (Ephesians 2:19,20).

Also in the first century there were false teachers who rejected the authority of the apostles. Paul warned: "If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord" (1 Corinthians 14:37).

"Another serious defect in dispensational teaching is its doctrine that many portions of the Bible are not meant for the Church age at all, that is, not for Christians, but that they are intended for a future Jewish-led kingdom. This follows from their belief that most of Christ’s ministry was taken up with preaching designed to prepare Israel for the Kingdom, but that when it became evident that the Jews would not accept the Kingdom the Church was substituted. This means that the Lord’s prayer, the Sermon on the Mount, the Kingdom parables, the Great Tribulation, the Book of Revelation chapters 4 to 19, and some say, most of the New Testament except the Pauline Epistles, are "Jewish" and "legal" and therefore do not concern the Church. We point out, however, that Paul certainly did not make this distinction between the gospel of Grace and the gospel of the Kingdom of God. Rather, he identified the two, for late in his ministry he said to the elders from Ephesus: "Neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God. And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more." (Acts 20:24, 25) (The Millennium pp. 244-245 by L. Boettner).

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One should be cautious in the theological school of ultra-dispensationalism, that we not seek to establish a Pauline-dispensation, and relegate the Words of Christ to exclusively a Jewish "kingdom-only" interpretation.

John 14:
26: But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Acts 1:
3: To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:
4: And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
5: For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
6: When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
7: And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
8: But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
9: And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10: And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11: Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

The Holy Ghost came as per the promise of the Master, and He indwelt the Church and led them in truth, and the message preached was consistent with the Pauline Epistles. 3000 brethren came to Christ as Peter preached his first sermon.

Acts 2:
36: Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
37: Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39: For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40: And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
41: Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Acts 10:
34: Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
36: The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)
37: That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;
38: How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
39: And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:
40: Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;
41: Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.
42: And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.
43: To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
44: While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
45: And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
46: For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
47: Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
48: And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days

Peter brought the Gospel to the gentiles, the same Gospel which Jesus preached and which Paul preached.

John 3:
14: And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17: For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Romans 10:
8: But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9: That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10: For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11: For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12: For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13: For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

This is the Mystery which was revealed through Paul:

Col.:
1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

1:29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:

Before Saul was struck down and became Paul and was shown the Mystery of the Church which is Christ within us, Phillip was preaching the same Gospel as preached by both Peter and Paul:

Acts 8:
3 As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.
4 Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.
5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.

14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

25 And they, when they had testified and preached the word of the Lord, returned to Jerusalem, and preached the gospel in many villages of the Samaritans.
26 And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert.
27 And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,
28 Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.
29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.
30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?
31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.
32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:
33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.
34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?
35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

No he did not preach to the Gentiles!

Read Carefully and with much prayer.

APOSTOLIC SUCCESSION

The study of the number “twelve” in the Bible is a very interesting one. For some reason God ordained that there should be twelve tribes of Israel, so Jacob (Israel) had twelve sons.

Then in Matthew 10:2 to 5 we learn the names of the twelve apostles chosen by Christ. Among the twelve was Judas Iscariot.

Note these words of the Lord Jesus concerning Judas:

“BUT THERE ARE SOME OF YOU THAT BELIEVE NOT. FOR JESUS KNEW FROM THE BEGINNING WHO THEY WERE THAT BELIEVED NOT, AND WHO SHOULD BETRAY HIM.” “JESUS ANSWERED THEM, HAVE NOT I CHOSEN YOU TWELVE, AND ONE OF YOU IS A DEVIL? HE SPAKE OF JUDAS ISCARIOT THE SON OF SIMON: FOR HE IT WAS THAT SHOULD BETRAY HIM, BEING ONE OF THE TWELVE.” John 6:64, 70 and 71.

Note again in the prayer of the Lord Jesus:

“WHILE I WAS WITH THEM IN THE WORLD, I KEPT THEM IN THY NAME: THOSE THAT THOU GAVEST ME I HAVE KEPT, AND NONE OF THEM IS LOST, BUT THE SON OF PERDITION; THAT THE SCRIPTURE MIGHT BE FULFILLED.” John 17:12.

Christ said to the twelve apostles, including Judas: “Ye have not chosen Me but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in My name, He may give it you.” John 15:16.

Then note Matthew 10:5 and 6: “These twelve Jesus sent forth and commanded them saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. “

The twelve apostles were sent to the twelve tribes of Israel. Then after the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus we find, in Acts 2:14, that twelve apostles stood up on Israel’s feast day, Pentecost, and addressed “all the house of Israel.” Acts 2:36.

When eleven other apostles stood up that day with Peter to address the twelve tribes of Israel, Matthias stood in the place of Judas. Judas was dead. And surely no intelligent student of the Bible will teach or believe that Judas became a saint by accepting Christ as his Saviour and then became a lost sinner by betraying Christ. Judas was the son of perdition when he was chosen and he was the son of perdition when he died.

JUDAS’ SUCCESSOR

Note the very interesting account of the selection of Judas’ successor:

“MEN AND BRETHREN, THIS SCRIPTURE MUST NEEDS HAVE BEEN FULFILLED, WHICH THE HOLY GHOST BY THE MOUTH OF DAVID SPAKE BEFORE CONCERNING JUDAS, WHICH WAS GUIDE TO THEM THAT TOOK JESUS. FOR HE WAS NUMBERED WITH US, AND HAD OBTAINED PART OF THIS MINISTRY.” “FOR IT IS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF PSALMS, LET HIS HABITATION BE DESOLATE, AND LET NO MAN DWELL THEREIN; AND HIS BISHOPRICK LET ANOTHER TAKE.” “THAT HE MAY TAKE PART OF THIS MINISTRY, AND APOSTLESHIP FROM WHICH JUDAS BY TRANSGRESSION FELL, THAT HE MIGHT GO TO HIS OWN PLACE. AND THEY GAVE FORTH THEIR LOTS; AND THE LOT FELL UPON MATTHIAS; AND HE WAS NUMBERED WITH THE ELEVEN APOSTLES.” Acts 1:16, 17, 20, 25 and 26.

God’s approval was upon the selection of Matthias. Note Acts 2:1: “all with one accord,” Acts 2:46: “with one accord;” Acts 4:32: “with one heart,” There was complete unity.

Matthias was the Lord’s choice to succeed Judas. But now the question; why was a successor necessary? When the Lord Jesus gave His commission to His apostles after His death, in the so-called great commission, Judas had died and the number had been reduced from “twelve” to “eleven”. Matthew 28:16. Mark 16:14. Why did not the Lord Jesus leave the number “eleven?” Why did they again select the twelfth apostle to Israel? Twelve tribes-twelve apostles. That was the Lord’s plan and program.

So on the day of Pentecost, devout Jews from every nation under heaven were gathered in Jerusalem. Peter and the Eleven stood up. What God inaugurated on that Jewish feast-day was for Israel. Yes, it was by twelve apostles for Israel. These apostles had been instructed not to go to Gentiles. And it is very significant that when many of the Jewish Christians were driven out of Jerusalem, the twelve apostles remained there. Acts 8:1. They were told in Matthew 10:23 “the Son may come before ye have gone over the cities of Israel.”

Peter, James and John were considered the pillars of that Jewish Church at Jerusalem. Note their agreement with Paul some fifteen years after the day of Pentecost: “And when James, Peter and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen and they unto the circumcision.” Galatians 2:9.

Not one of the twelve apostles preached outside of the land of the Jews, so far as there is any record in the Book of Acts. Of the Twelve, Peter preached to the household of Cornelius, the Gentile. When Peter did leave the land of the Jews he got into serious trouble. Galatians 2:11 to 15.

Cornelius loved Israel’s God. Cornelius worshipped Israel’s God. Cornelius loved Israel and gave them money. Acts 10:1, 2 and 22. The other eleven apostles condemned Peter for preaching to Cornelius and his loved ones. Acts 11:1 to 3. This was about seven years after the day of Pentecost when the Twelve stood up together.

Note very carefully Acts 11:19: “Now they that were scattered abroad upon the persecution that arose about Stephen travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the Word, to none but unto the Jews only.”

This should make very clear the fact that up to this time the Jewish disciples of the Lord Jesus had preached to no Gentile. Phillip preached to the eunuch, but the eunuch was a proselyte. The one and only case of apostolic succession is Matthias for Judas.

NO SUCCESSOR FOR JAMES

Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the Church, And he killed James, the brother of John with the sword.” Acts 12:1 and 2.

James was the second one of the original twelve apostles to die. Judas was the first. Judas died and a successor was chosen. James died, and no successor was chosen.

And observe these most important and significant facts: Up to the death of James, in Acts 12:1 and 2, the “Acts” record is filled with the spiritual activities of Peter and the Eleven, Peter and John, the testimony of the Twelve. From Acts 13:2 to Acts 28:28, the “Acts” record is filled with the spiritual activities of another man, Saul, who became Paul. In these later chapters Paul is mentioned more than one hundred times and there is no record of the words or doings of Peter or any of the Twelve except as they had dealings with this chief human actor, Paul.

Therefore, when we learn that through the years covered by the first eleven chapters of Acts, the Lord kept the number of apostles at “Twelve,” we should. know there was a Divine purpose in it, and that God was dealing with Israel in a manner different than His dealings with that Nation after the new commission of Acts 13:2. Then the new Divine Movement was declared in Romans 11:15.

Now let us note the Lord’s promise to the twelve apostles:”

“And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed Me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of His glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.” Matthew 19:28.

Meditate upon this and believe it. Get the future earthly glory of the Twelve fixed in your mind.

Now let us read carefully the description of the heavenly city in Revelation 21. We quote two verses: “And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel.” “And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.” Revelation 21:12 and 14.

No successor was chosen to take the place of James. The Lord was no longer interested in twelve apostles. Therefore the Lord’s attitude toward the twelve tribes was changing. Israel was going to be set aside and a radical change in God’s spiritual program was to begin. God required twelve apostles from the day of Pentecost to the death of James. After Acts 13:2, God no longer required twelve apostles.

A NEW COMMISSION

“As they ministered and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate Me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

Separate unto me Saul (Paul).

Note Paul’s testimony:

“But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.” “Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles be. fore me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.” Galatians 1:11, 12 and 17. “But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were it maketh no matter to me; God accepted no man’s person): for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me; But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter.” Galatians 2:6 and 7.

Then this further testimony

“For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office.” Romans 11:13.

“But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.” Acts 20:24.

“That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.” Romans 15:16.

UNTO PETER

Unto Peter were committed “the keys of the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 16:16 to 19. Unto Peter was committed “the gospel of the circumcision.” Galatians 2:7. We must study the first eleven chapters of Acts with these facts in mind.

UNTO PAUL

What was committed to Paul?

“For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: How that by revelation He made known unto me the Mystery (as I wrote afore in few words).” “Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ.” Ephesians 3:1 to 3 and 8. “Who hath saved us and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.” “Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.” II Timothy 1:9 and 11.

If we do not know the difference between Peter’s keys of the kingdom and Paul’s dispensation of the grace of God, we should be ashamed workmen. If we don’t know the difference between Peter’s gospel of the circumcision and Paul’s gospel of the uncircumcision, we have ignored II Timothy 2:15.

Note Peter’s words in Acts 3:24 and compare them with Paul’s words in Ephesians 3:8:

Peter, in Acts 3:24, referred to the prophesied “Kingdom” days of Israel. But Paul’s declaration was altogether different. “Unto me who am less than the least of all saints is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ.” Ephesians 3:8.

Note Peter’s declaration:

“Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.” Acts 3:24.

All the prophets of Israel spoke of Peter’s message. Not one of them knew anything about Paul’s “unsearchable riches of Christ.” “Unsearchable” means “ unprophesied. “ Something new began with the new commission of Acts 13:2.

After that Israel committed the unpardonable sin and the truth of Romans 11:25, 26 and 15 was revealed

“For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits: that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob.” “For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be but life from the dead.”

Israel was not set aside while there were eleven other apostles associated with Peter. In the first eleven chapters of Acts we have something of the kingdom program which the Lord will carry on after God’s purpose during this age has been accomplished.

Everything that Peter and the Eleven preached according to the first eleven chapters of Acts was in fulfillment of the Old Testament Scriptures, and therefore that spiritual program had nothing to do with “the dispensation of the mystery” which had been hid in God from before the foundation of the world: Ephesians 3:9.

Let us always recognize the difference between the prophesied Kingdom of heaven and the unprophesied “Body” of Christ: Ephesians 3:5 to 9 - Colossians 1:24 to 27.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
Amen Caretaker

It is clear to all what is required by the legal/grace gospel.

Becausehelives states "When men are restored to perfection, the law of God will be written in their hearts (Jer. 31:33), and its spirit of love will permeate their whole being, and its retention will be their guarantee of everlasting life."

1That OSAS,is a license to SIN~~~!"
2That the Sabbath is to be kept on Saturday.
3That Yahushua must be used in the place of the name JESUS.
4That the Harpazo is a lie.
5That there is no BEMA.
6That there is no such thing as a carnal Christian.
7That THE MYSTERY is a lie.
8That retention of the Law will be the guarantee of everlasting life.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Caretaker

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Galations 2:
7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)
9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
10 Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.
11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.
14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?
15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,
16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Not two Gospels Bill, but The Gospel to two different peoples, Peter the Apostle to the Circumcision, and Paul the Apostle to the Gentiles.

Before Saul was struck down and became Paul and was shown the Mystery of the Church which is Christ within us, Phillip was preaching the same Gospel as preached by both Peter and Paul:

Acts 8:
3 As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.
4 Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.
5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.

14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

25 And they, when they had testified and preached the word of the Lord, returned to Jerusalem, and preached the gospel in many villages of the Samaritans.
26 And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert.
27 And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,
28 Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.
29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.
30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?
31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.
32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:
33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.
34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?
35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Evening Wild B
It is apparent that we are using different versions.
I apologize for accusing you of misquoting scripture.

With love in Jesus, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oneinchrist:
Hi again Wild B,

You said:

Sorry I do not, scripture does.

My response: I am assuming that you are claiming that scripture itself shows there to be 2 gospels.

Your first post said:

“But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter

My response:
The bible does not say "gospel OF the circumcision" or "gospel OF the uncircumcision". If it did, it would seem more probable that Paul was really speaking about 2 different gospels.

The bible actually says "gospel FOR the circumcision" and "gospel FOR the uncircumcision"

There is a big difference between the use of the words OF and FOR when used in this context.

Sorry but here is a actual quote of the verse you are twisting out of context.

Please stop it.

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

Uncircumcision = 1
Circumcision = 1

[cool_shades]

"It shall greatly help thee to understand Scripture, if thou mark, not only what is spoken or written, but of whom, and to whom, with what words, at what time, where, to what intent, with what circumstances, considering what goeth before and what followeth after."

--Miles Coverdale, Prologue to the 1535 Coverdale Bible

--------------------
That is all.....

thefixer
Advanced Member
Member # 8837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thefixer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear brother oneinchrist,
Jesus' teachings about forgiveness are very plain. 'If we forgive others, we will be forgiven. But if we refuse to forgive those who do us wrong by what right should we expect God to forgive we who have sinned against Him'. What do you think He meant by telling us to turn the other cheek when we are struck. It's pretty hard for the average person to not want to retaliate with force when physically assaulted. So how does He expect us to obey His instructions? Through the instantaneous act of 'forgiveness' by which the slap is of no consequence. This response is His response. Remember what He said while dieing on the cross? 'Father please forgive them...' isn't that it?
By our own power we will probably fail to keep much of Jesus' likeness, but if we allow His Spirit to dwell within us we WILL overcome ourselves.
I hope I have helped you to a clearer understanding.
May Jesus bless you with more of Himself and transform you into His likeness.
Your brother in Christ, LeRoy (thefixer).

Posts: 71 | From: Yuma, Arizona | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi again Fixer,

Thank you for your response.

If I may, I would like to put forth an example of what I mean by potentially dangerous.......

Jesus teaches that if we hold back forgiveness that our Heavenly Father then will not forgive us......

Lets say I was just to ignore that teaching and say that it was just for the Jews who were under a different gospel.

What do you think?

Am I only limiting myself and/or possibly putting myself in real danger?

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thefixer
Advanced Member
Member # 8837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thefixer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hello LeRoy,
Do you not see a possible danger is saying "Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were for the Jews" and "Pauls epistles are for the Gentiles?"

This is to say that Jesus' doctrinal teachings(included in the 4 gospels) does not apply to us(Gentiles).

What say you?

My dear brother oneinchrist,
Matthew's and John's ministries were primarily directed at leading the people of Israel to Jesus. I believe, and I may be mistaken, that Mark and Luke held no distinct area of ministry. The Apostle Paul was commissioned to preach to the Gentiles by Jesus. What Jesus teaches, either directly while He walked on this earth or through His Holy Spirit, should be what is important to us.
I don't know so much as to be able to say that there is a danger in saying that one believes either of those. I do see how only accepting one side or the other would limit a person's understanding of the complete Message and Teachings of Jesus. I do feel that a person who leads another into that kind of limitations either does not know Jesus or, if they do, will have some serious explaining to do when they move on from this life.
May you find understanding through His Spirit.

Posts: 71 | From: Yuma, Arizona | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Hello LeRoy,
Do you not see a possible danger is saying "Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were for the Jews" and "Pauls epistles are for the Gentiles?"

This is to say that Jesus' doctrinal teachings(included in the 4 gospels) does not apply to us(Gentiles).

What say you?

thefixer
Advanced Member
Member # 8837

Dear brothers ans sisters,
How has it come to this. How is it that Jesus is getting so clouded with all this 'I know what is truth' utterances. Shouldn't we, as ones touched by and called for service to Jesus, be leading the searching soul, not into this or that entrenched understanding of Scripture,but to the place where they might find their own personal relationship with Him that Loves us? Isn't it then our place to step back and allow the Holy Spirit to be their guide?
One day God will call me home and will look into my soul to see if He sees His Son there. I have NO reservation that when He does He will NOT have to look through a haze of what I, or anyone else, believes Jesus meant when He said something. Jesus IS ALL. He wrote the book, He shows us the way, He chooses us, He teaches us, He protects us, He feeds us, HE LOVES US!!!! He is my Master, my Savior, my Guide, my Comforter, my Protector, my Provider. There is NO other for me. Peter and Paul were men, agreed they were special, but nothing more than men. There is nothing they did or said that saved me from my sin. They may love me as the Lord asks but it is so infinitely less than the Love of Jesus.
May the Love of Jesus fill you.

oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Hi again Wild B,

You said:

My response: I am assuming that you are claiming that scripture itself shows there to be 2 gospels.

Your first post said:

“But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter

My response:
The bible does not say "gospel OF the circumcision" or "gospel OF the uncircumcision". If it did, it would seem more probable that Paul was really speaking about 2 different gospels.

The bible actually says "gospel FOR the circumcision" and "gospel FOR the uncircumcision"

There is a big difference between the use of the words OF and FOR when used in this context.

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so the scriptures are wrong when it says.....

Romans 10:12For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hi Wild B,
I see that there is a fundamental flaw in your thinking. First of all you show there to be 2 gospels........Peters and Pauls(when there is only 1 gospel which Peter delivered to the circumcised and Paul delivered to the uncircumcised. Then you go on to show that they are unique in the sense that Peters is not based on faith alone, but that Pauls is based on faith alone. This is the reason why you have a much lower regard for the 4 gospels than you do for Pauls epistles. I get that.

I think that there is a very fundamental truth that you dont quite grasp. Yes, it is true that we are saved by grace through faith.........but it is also true that we have a doctrine to live by which Jesus taught and Paul expounded on. Yes Paul was given abundant revelation, but nothing that would contradict or supersede the Lords teachings or commands. There were specific commands given to his disciples, yes, but there are also general commands/teachings that would apply to anyone who becomes a disciple of His.

Sidenote: The apostle Paul was definitely used to give us proper perspective on the law in in light of the gospel.......so much so that I think it is foolish for there to be long-standing arguments over the matter.

Romans 13:8-10
Owe no one anything except to love one another,for he who loves one another has fullfilled the law.
For the commandments, You shall not commit adultery, you shall not murder, you shall not steal, you shall not bear false witness, you shall not covet, and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. Love does not harm to a neighbor, therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Next

--------------------
That is all.....

oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Hi Wild B,
I see that there is a fundamental flaw in your thinking. First of all you show there to be 2 gospels........Peters and Pauls(when there is only 1 gospel which Peter delivered to the circumcised and Paul delivered to the uncircumcised. Then you go on to show that they are unique in the sense that Peters is not based on faith alone, but that Pauls is based on faith alone. This is the reason why you have a much lower regard for the 4 gospels than you do for Pauls epistles. I get that.

I think that there is a very fundamental truth that you dont quite grasp. Yes, it is true that we are saved by grace through faith.........but it is also true that we have a doctrine to live by which Jesus taught and Paul expounded on. Yes Paul was given abundant revelation, but nothing that would contradict or supersede the Lords teachings or commands. There were specific commands given to his disciples, yes, but there are also general commands/teachings that would apply to anyone who becomes a disciple of His.

Sidenote: The apostle Paul was definitely used to give us proper perspective on the law in in light of the gospel.......so much so that I think it is foolish for there to be long-standing arguments over the matter.

Romans 13:8-10
Owe no one anything except to love one another,for he who loves one another has fullfilled the law.
For the commandments, You shall not commit adultery, you shall not murder, you shall not steal, you shall not bear false witness, you shall not covet, and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. Love does not harm to a neighbor, therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 15 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by Thomas Freeman

The desire to write this article comes from my experiences in searching for God’s will in my life. Why it took me so long to clearly see the dispensational change Paul’s simple but profound message presented, I am not sure. Christ’s message to Israel (the gospel of the circumcision) is so often mixed together with Christ’s message through Paul for the world today (the gospel of the uncircumcision). Fortunately the Holy Spirit used a number of situations to keep me moving toward God’s goal for my life.
The Scriptures state in Romans 8:28:

“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.”

Notice it doesn’t say to those who love God enough. The Holy Spirit used several men to bring me to being an ardent dispensationalist. One was Dr. C. I. Scofield and his notes in the Scofield Study Bible. Another was a tract, placed in my hand by a caring person, which in turn led me to the Berean Bible Society and Pastor Stam. The Holy Spirit used his books to open my eyes to the mystery and the “Word rightly divided.” Through a man I met at work, I learned about the First Grace Gospel Church of Ashtabula, Ohio and Pastor Adams. Through Pastor Adams and his careful exposition of God’s Word, my mind and heart were truly united in the “grace” message.

There is a poem I like so well, written by Martin Luther. “Feelings come and feelings go and feelings are deceiving. I’ll rest upon the Word of God, none else is worth believing.” Resting in His Word rightly divided is the only way. The words “rightly divided” comes from II Timothy 2:15 and is a translation of the Greek word “orthotomeo,” pronounced or-thot-om-eh´-o which means to make a straight cut, to dissect (expound) correctly (the divine message). As you read the rest of this article I trust you will come to realize the importance of understanding complete dispensational teaching.

“Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of truth” (II Tim. 2:15).

“But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter (for He that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:) And when James, Cephas and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship, that we should go unto the Gentiles and they unto the circumcision” (Gal. 2:7-9).

Paul was recognized by the twelve apostles as God’s man to carry this new message of grace to the Gentiles. Clearly two different gospels are mentioned. Paul in Galatians 1:11 and 12 tells us how he received his gospel.

“But I certify you brethren that the gospel which was preached by me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ” (Gal. 1:11,12).

It has been said by some that Paul’s gospel was the same as Peter’s. Others claim that Peter was out of God’s will, narrow minded, and because of his refusal to go to the Gentiles, God had to raise up the Apostle Paul. I take exception to these views. For Galatians 2:8 tells us something else.

“For He that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles.”

There are several more reasons.

1. If it were the same there would have been no need for a special revelation.
2. Paul speaks of the gospel he preached as “my gospel” in Romans 16:25, 2:16.
3. Those who would find fault with Peter’s or Paul’s work are really finding fault with Christ’s work, for it is He who is working through both men as the Scripture states in Galatians 2:8.
4. The “my gospel” Paul spoke of is referred to as being kept secret since the world began (Rom. 16:25; I Cor. 2:7,8; Eph. 3:9; Col. 1:26). The gospel Peter spoke of is referred to as being known since the world began (Matt. 25:34; Luke 1:67-70; Acts 3:21,24).
Indeed, Israel from Jacob on has been looking for their Messiah, who was to come and set up their kingdom as the most favored nation. When as a nation they accept their Messiah, God will have all people come through Israel. We, of course, know that Israel rejected Christ and they were then set aside until the dispensation of Grace, for which Paul was called to be its apostle, has run its course. Notice Paul’s words are spoken of as commandments, which is not a take it or leave it word.
“If any man think himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord” (I Cor. 14:37).

When I was in the service, we learned a principle that is crucial to being a good soldier in the military or in God’s work. That principle is this: You obey the last lawful order given by the one in charge. I know that in past dispensations other orders were given, which were valid at the time given, but by examining the Scriptures of past dispensations, one can see major differences in the requirements that are in addition to faith.

There are many people who believe that the Bible words printed in red are the most important for they were spoken by Christ. They are the words of Christ and very important indeed, as all God’s Word is, which we are to study. But they were especially important to the Jewish people to whom they were written regarding the coming kingdom. When we, who are of the dispensation of Grace, study the Gospels, we must interpret them in light of the epistles written by Paul. They are Christ’s final marching orders for the Church today. They have the correct interpretation for the day we live in. Yes, we can take our stand and rest assured. We have the correct interpretation for today when we follow Christ’s words given through Paul.

In Ephesians 1:3 the Word tells us that we are looking for a heavenly home, not an earthly kingdom.

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ” (Eph. 1:3).

“For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we look for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ” (Phil. 3:20).

Yes, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John have God’s Word for all people to study, but they are written to the people of the kingdom dispensation. We know Christ was addressing those for whom the kingdom was coming to earth. How? Because the Bible tells us so.

Matthew 4:17 says:

“From that time, Jesus began to preach and say, repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

In Matthew 3:2, John the Baptist speaks of the coming kingdom. In Matthew 10:5-7, we see Jesus instructing the twelve apostles regarding the coming kingdom.

Christ is still speaking to us today with the words of salvation, love, encouragement, and how to live a life pleasing to Him. Yes, He is speaking to us today throughout His Word, but again we must use the epistles written by the Apostle Paul, the apostle to the Gentiles, for a proper application today. It is not a matter if we like them or not.

Now grace, faith and obedience have always been in vogue, for apart from God’s grace no man deserves to be saved. Without faith in God’s plan for that day, no man would have been saved, for rituals alone never saved anyone. When God’s plan calls for circumcision, the building of an ark, and baptism, the man of faith will obey. However, when God speaks in His Word and tells us it is by faith alone, the man of faith will follow His commands. It is only by God’s grace, in any dispensation, that sinful man can be saved, for we do not deserve God’s gracious offer. In all dispensations God has wanted His people’s obedience. In past ages, He has required it to receive His blessings. Today God wants our loving obedience because He has already blessed us. One example before we move on.

In Matthew 6:15:
“But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”

In Ephesians 4:32 we find Christ’s words for us today.

“And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God, for Christ’s sake, hath forgiven you.”

Notice in the gospel of the kingdom forgiveness is required to be forgiven, while in the epistles penned by the Apostle Paul we are already forgiven and already blessed. Therefore, out of love and gratitude, I want to please the One who bled, died and rose again, paying completely and forever for all my sins. Yes, thank God, past, present and future sins are covered by the sacrifice of the Savior Jesus Christ (Look up Rom. 4:15,16, 3:23,24; Gal. 3:13; Col. 1:21,22, 2:13). These are just a few of the verses that tell us of the wonderful and complete salvation we have in Christ Jesus.

In Ephesians 2:8 and 9 we find Christ’s commands written for us today.

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”

In I Corinthians 15:1-4 we find Paul spelling out for us, the gospel (the good news) for today.

“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures.”

This is how we are saved today. It is by faith alone in what Christ has done for us according to the Scriptures. Anything you would add to God’s plan is a false gospel.
God has chosen to place our complete salvation in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ Jesus. Anything we would add is an affront to God’s Son, for we are saying that He is not worthy of the great honor God has placed in Him. And we are really saying that we know better than God Himself.

When referring to the gospel he preached, Paul speaks of it as my gospel. That’s what Romans 16:25 and 26 tells us:

“Now to Him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now [Greek word nun speaks of present time] is made manifest, and by the Scriptures of the prophets [the word ‘prophets’ as used here is an adjective so a clearer rendition would read by the prophetic Scriptures] according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith.”

Do you want to be “established?” The Scripture tells us it is by following Christ, according to the gospel presented in Paul’s epistles.

In Galatians 1:6-9 Paul speaks about another gospel and says of any who would add to or change the gospel that was given to him by revelation: “let him be accursed.” The matter is so serious he repeats it again in verse 9. One other matter needs to be clarified before we discuss these verses. In the Greek text, there are two different words used for “another,” which have different shades of meaning. The Greek word “heteros” is used which means another of a different sort, and the Greek word “allos” which means another of the same sort.

Now let’s read Galatians 1:6-9:

“I marvel that ye are so soon removed from Him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another [another of a different sort] gospel, Which is not another [another of the same sort]; but there are some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.”

It is extremely important that we are not altering God’s plan given to Paul and trusting in some work, such as water baptism, joining the church, keeping the law, some particular part of the law, or going forward in a church service.

See Colossians 2:10:
“And ye are complete in Him, who is the Head of all principality and powers.”

And also Romans 11:6:

“And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.”

As we stated earlier from Ephesians 2:8 and 9, it is “by faith and not by works.” Are you trusting in the finished work of Jesus Christ? Trusting in His death, burial and resurrection alone for your salvation and the total payment for all your past and present sins? If you are not familiar with dispensational teaching and the revelation of the mystery given to Paul, you may well have other questions.

--------------------
That is all.....

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement