Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Where is Jesus' Church?

Author Topic: Where is Jesus' Church?
jdale1972
Community Member
Member # 6403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdale1972     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LeRoy, I could be less of a squid getting my point across. The apology is mine to give.
The Church you & me are searching for is in the heart of people. When the Isrealites were first freed everyone could hear God's voice in the desert, but they didn't want that kind of presence in their life so they asked Moses to have God speak to them thru him. This lead to judges, then kings, and ultimately to captivity. There are very few who seek our Lord's face in earnest because man can not see God and live.

Posts: 7 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thefixer
Advanced Member
Member # 8837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thefixer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry that you took what I had to say as ranting jdale 1972. Unless you have been living in a cave you could see that the state of the church IS pretty bleak at the present time, though there are many true followers in the world. Did you miss my question in the second paragraph? It wasn't meant to be rhetorical, I am truly searching for the elusive group of disciples who live for and serve only Christ. The Lord has shown me that the time of His return is near. Following the Lord has led me to many places in the western U.S. and I have yet to find any more than a few true disciples in any one place. I'm not altogether sure that Jesus even wants me to find it. Perhaps He has merely shown me the sad state of His Church at this point in time.
The Holy Spirit leads me where Jesus wants me to be. I believe He might possibly have led me to this message board that I might broaden my search, or perhaps plant the seed that starts others looking. I don't know and, as His Servant. it isn't necessary that I know, only that I am willing to do. The rest is His business.
May the Lord guide you. Your brother in Chist, LeRoy (thefixer).

Posts: 71 | From: Yuma, Arizona | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdale1972
Community Member
Member # 6403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdale1972     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems that the state of the Church is pretty bleak after looking at it through your eyes, Fixer. Your ranting reminds me of this man hiding in a cave. He cried out God! I'm the only one left who serves you. Look how much I do for you! God tells him I have yet 7 thousand in the land who bow their knee only to me. The Lord has and will always have those who only bow their knee to Him.
Posts: 7 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Fixer,
I hear you. The truth is that if anyone is playing pretend Christian .......God knows because God knows the heart. Everyones faith is put to the test in the face of adversity.

Jesus' church is anywhere that "faith that worketh by love" is.

With love in Jesus, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where is Jesus' Church?

Living quietly everyday for the Lord. Living day by day striving to live in a way that is pleasing to God.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thefixer
Advanced Member
Member # 8837

Icon 17 posted      Profile for thefixer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The true Church, established in the world by the Apostles at the direction of Jesus, drastically changed when Emperor Constantine, after so many years of persecution, decided that the best way to deal with Christians was to control them by making Christianity the religion of the state. We all know, or should know, how what became the Catholic church arose from the ashes of the collapsed Roman Empire to, in effect, rule most of what was once Roman territory. We all should also know of how Martin Luther and the invention of the printing press combined to begin breaking the stranglehold that the Catholic church had on the teachings of Jesus. The true church did recover somewhat but it is a mere shadow the original. It began to fragment into groups stressing particular parts of the 'Message'. Parts that they considered important while dismissing and, at times, belittling those who thought differently. We ended up with Lutherans, Baptists, Seventh Day Adventists, Calvinists, and still Catholics among others, all of which firmly adhere to what their idea of the Truth is. Where is the TRUE CHURCH that Jesus would have wanted?
We need to go back to the beginning to find what I believe is the True Church. To start with, originally the individual Churches were small, seldom more than 25. Most of the time they came together in a member's home, in remembrance of Jesus they broke bread together. They probably testified as to Jesus' workings in their lives. And they were devoted to fellowship. They had no Bible in the sense that we do today. Gloriously, they received letters and an occasional visit from the writers of what is now known as the “New Testament”. Because of the Love they found in Jesus, they supported one another emotionally, spiritually, and financially. All the believers were of one heart and mind, they laid no claim to possessions, but shared everything they had. There were NO NEEDY PERSONS among them. All of this and more can be found in the Bible in Acts of the Apostles (ACTS).
Does anyone out there know where a Church like that exists today? A Church where, as Jesus instructed, each person has more concern for their brothers and sisters than they have for themselves or their 'stuff'. A place where joyous serving is a compulsion and nothing has more value than Jesus and His teachings. A place where the pastor is his parishioner's servant and goes out of his way to ensure that, with the available resources, all of their needs are met ESPECIALLY before his own. In essence, a place where Jesus LIVES.
Jesus is returning. What do we say to him about how we find the things in our lives more important to us than service to Him and our fellow believers? How can we say to Him that our 'schedule' left no time to go find the Christian single mother who is having a difficult time coping and supporting her with everything at your disposal. How can we look Jesus in the face when we have room yet we turn our backs on the Homeless Christian living under a cardboard box. I am not trying to convict anyone of anything but what are you going to do when God looks for His Son in your heart and only finds your interpretation of what you think Jesus is like. Yes we can call ourselves christian, others may even call us Christians, but are we? Do we do what Jesus would do? Is our heart the heart of Jesus? Are you truly prepared to give up everything for Him? He asked for nothing less.
May God bless you and find in you the true HEART of JESUS.

Posts: 71 | From: Yuma, Arizona | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement