Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Mira... La Tormenta!

Author Topic: Mira... La Tormenta!
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think God somtimes uses tests to determine the nature of our hearts.

Job was tested and passed the test.

I admit that I often wonder if I would be as strong as Job was during his tests.

He suffered greatly.

But Jesus also suffered greatly for the remission of our sins.

Should God choose to test me, which I hope he doesn't - LOL, then we must remember that Jesus suffered first and passed the ultamate test so that we may have salvation.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
powerhouse
Advanced Member
Member # 3826

Icon 1 posted      Profile for powerhouse   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Or, for you gringos… look out, a storm is coming!

Of course, in most of the United States a major winter storm has wreaked havoc in the lives of millions of people -- causing traffic jams, airline cancellations, power outages and even deaths! But this blog is not about meteorolotical events. This is about those storms of life that test us. Sometimes, to our very core.

You might have a frightening medical diagnosis... or a bill that is beyond your current budget... or turmoil with your job or relationship.  Regardless of what is going on... you are being tested. 

God allows tests and trials into our lives in the same way that a coach has his players practice to the point of exhaustion. Or the way a platoon sergeant may have his troops march until they are ready to drop. It is not about being mean. Rather, it is to prepare them for greater challenges ahead.

I remember working out at a gym in Augusta Georgia with a great trainer. She would have me doing super-sets that had my arms so stiff and sore, I could barely bring a fork to my mouth to eat, or bring my hands up to the keyboard to write computer code.

Stinking of linament, I was asked why I paid money to let this woman do these things to me. But the eventual manifestations of strength and definition in my biceps, triceps and other muscles was well worth a few days of discomfort.

In like manner, the greater glory of God makes the things we suffer in life worthwhile.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, 5who by God’s power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 6In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, 7so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 8 Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, 9obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

1 Peter 1:3-9 [AMP]

In fact, James (the half brother of Jesus) said that he could even glory in his trials.  How?  By the assurance that enduring those things will perfect and complete us.

2Consider it wholly joyful, my brethren, whenever you are enveloped in or encounter trials of any sort or fall into various temptations.
3Be assured and understand that the trial and proving of your faith bring out endurance and steadfastness and patience.
4But let endurance and steadfastness and patience have full play and do a thorough work, so that you may be [people] perfectly and fully developed [with no defects], lacking in nothing.

James 1:2-4 [AMP]

The tests and trials of life may cause us grief (1 Peter 1:6), but it will result in praise and glory and honor when Jesus returns (1 Peter 1:7). The things of this life are temporary. The kingdom of God, however, is eternal.

When facing a storm, think about this song written in 1905 by Charles A. Tindley… and rejoice in the fact that storms eventually pass over, and seasons always change.

O courage, my soul, and let us journey on,
For tho' the night is dark, it won't be very long.
O thanks be to God, the morning light appears,
And the storm is passing over, Hallelujah!

Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
The storm is passing over,
Hallelujah!

O billows rolling high, and thunder shakes the ground,
The lightnings flash, and tempest all around,
But Jesus walks the sea and calms the angry waves,

Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Hallelujah!

The stars have disappeared, and distant lights are dim,
My soul is filled with fears, the seas are breaking in.
I hear the Master cry, "Be not afraid, 'tis I,"

Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Hallelujah!

Now soon we shall reach the distant shining shore,
Then free from all the storms, we'll rest forevermore.
And safe within the veil, we'll furl the riven sail,
And the storm will all be over, Hallelujah!

Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Hallelujah!

Remember that all of God’s tests are open book tests.  Just open the B-I-B-L-E (Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth) and you will find the answers you need to pass any and every test that comes your way -- and to graduate to greater glory with Christ walking beside you and His Spirit indwelling you every step of the way!

--------------------
The Powerhouse Ministry
Blogs, Podcasts, Books and More
100% Free

Posts: 89 | From: Beverly Hills, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement