Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » "What is ultra-dispensationalism?"

Author Topic: "What is ultra-dispensationalism?"
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
all I can do is pray for you WildB...Yahweh help you

As I do for U.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
all I can do is pray for you WildB...Yahweh help you

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well BHL ,

I would normally take a man , not one like U, behind the boiler.

-----AND

the only fowl I entertain is that,
which I eat.

What do u suggest?

U know I can out Bible U any Day.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you both use foul language
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
see you are still using fowl language
on the board...

quote:

Advanced Member
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted January 05, 2011 07:30 AM Profile for WildB Author's Homepage Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote

quote:Originally posted by Carol Swenson:

quote:Originally posted by becauseHElives:

quote: In short, a man or woman is saved in this age by simple faith in the substitutionary (in our place) sacrifice of Jesus Christ. We, like the Philippian jailer, have only to:"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved . . .". Acts 16:31

so Carol you are saying repent is not part of salvation or have I misunderstood you?

I don't know if you misunderstood or not, but I do know you quoted only two sentences. If you had quoted just a little more you would see this:

quote:In short, a man or woman is saved in this age by simple faith in the substitutionary (in our place) sacrifice of Jesus Christ. We, like the Philippian jailor, have only to:

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved . . .". Acts 16:31

That belief takes place when a man or woman repents, in other words, changes his or her mind about themselves and about God. I am wrong and God is right. I am a sinner and He is righteous. I am without real hope; He is everything I need. Understanding this and admitting my hopelessness, I receive Jesus Christ simply by believing on Him and in what He did - alone. No baptism, no sacraments, no good works, I just simply receive the free gift:

Dam bhl changing bait.

no longer twisty

but twisty and half cuts

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 16 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then stand away. I will stand alone.

Thanx 4 you fair moderation.

I have been trained 2 stand alone.

And Here I Stand.

(shakin in my boots)

--------------------
That is all.....

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sigh...you're always getting me into trouble with these guys...
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 7 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr Twisty,

-

Hi Im Mr twisty and I KNOW EVERYTHING!

.....AND IF I DON'T

Ill razzmatazz dazzle you till you do.

......REPENT

BUT REMEMBER WHAT GRACE IS ALL BOUT.

-

--------------------
That is all.....

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carol Swenson:
quote:
quote:
In short, a man or woman is saved in this age by simple faith in the substitutionary (in our place) sacrifice of Jesus Christ. We, like the Philippian jailer, have only to:"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved . . .". Acts 16:31

so Carol you are saying repent is not part of salvation or have I misunderstood you?
I don't know if you misunderstood or not, but I do know you quoted only two sentences. If you had quoted just a little more you would see this:

quote:
In short, a man or woman is saved in this age by simple faith in the substitutionary (in our place) sacrifice of Jesus Christ. We, like the Philippian jailor, have only to:

That belief takes place when a man or woman repents, in other words, changes his or her mind about themselves and about God. I am wrong and God is right. I am a sinner and He is righteous. I am without real hope; He is everything I need. Understanding this and admitting my hopelessness, I receive Jesus Christ simply by believing on Him and in what He did - alone. No baptism, no sacraments, no good works, I just simply receive the free gift:

Dam bhl changing bait.

no longer twisty

but twisty and half cuts
[hyper]

--------------------
That is all.....

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
In short, a man or woman is saved in this age by simple faith in the substitutionary (in our place) sacrifice of Jesus Christ. We, like the Philippian jailer, have only to:"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved . . .". Acts 16:31

quote:
In short, a man or woman is saved in this age by simple faith in the substitutionary (in our place) sacrifice of Jesus Christ. We, like the Philippian jailor, have only to:

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 15 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

More twist and bait.

It is clear to ALL a change of direction in the heart must take place for Faith to work.

Paul was not in a very repentitive mood when the Lord knocked him off his high horse.

And you best take care He don't knock you off yours.

--------------------
That is all.....

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

quote:

--------------------

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the Mystery which was revealed through Paul:

Col.:
1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

1:29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The letter of Paul to the Romans:

14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

14:18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.

14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

God bless you;

In our study last night we worked through Colossians Chapter 1, which is Brother Paul writing to the Brethren at Colossae.

Col. 1:
1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

What is the Kingdom of God?

The kingdom of God is the rule of an eternal sovereign God over all creatures and things (Psalm 103:19; Daniel 4:3). The kingdom of God is also the designation for the sphere of salvation entered into at the new birth (John 3:5-7), and is synonymous with the “kingdom of heaven.”

The kingdom of God embraces all created intelligence, both in heaven and earth that are willingly subject to the Lord and are in fellowship with Him. The kingdom of God is, therefore, universal in that it includes created angels and men. It is eternal, as God is eternal, and it is spiritual—found within all born-again believers. We enter the kingdom of God when we are born again, and we are then part of that kingdom for eternity. It is a relationship "born of the spirit" (John 3:5), and we have confident assurance that it is so because the Spirit bears witness with our spirits (Romans 8:16).

God is sovereign, omnipotent, omniscient and the ruler over all of His creation. However, the designation "the kingdom of God" compasses that realm which is subject to God and will be for eternity. The rest of creation will be destroyed. Only that which is part of the "kingdom of God" will remain.

Luke 17:
17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

17:22 And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it.

17:23 And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them.

17:24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As we go into the book of Acts, there is no doubt a continuation of that same message. We can see this very plainly as we go through Acts. As an example, Acts 8:5 states, "Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ to them." Verse 12, "But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women." So the preaching of the kingdom of God is accompanied by the preaching of Jesus Christ redemptive work throughout the book of Acts.

The Apostle Paul preaches the same message (Acts 20:24-25; 28:23, 30-31). In his thirteen epistles, Paul also will use the phrase the kingdom of God. "For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace and joy in the Holy Ghost."

Paul is preaching the kingdom of God and it's King, Jesus Christ. In the Jewish mentality the kingdom of God produced the idea of a king...and the territory or people over whom a king rules (Vine's), in the Gentile world the word that was used was Lord.

The concept is the same. Lord is a way of saying king and king is a way of saying lord. We also see Peter, James and John talking about the kingdom. John says unless a man is born again he shall not enter the kingdom of God (Jn. 3:3, 5).

The kingdom of God is really the preaching and the basis of continuity between all the New Testament. It brings the gospels together, along with Acts, with Paul, with the general epistles, etc. The kingdom of God is the theme that brings unity to the entire teaching of the New Testament.

Matthew 24:14 states, "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."

It's the gospel of the kingdom that Paul preached, that the apostles preached, that Jesus preached, and is going to be preached at the consummation of the end of the age, to all the world. We must ask, is Jesus Christ preaching the same thing as the Apostle Paul? I conclude that he is.

Different individuals are going to teach the same message in a different ways because different personalities are expressed. But the message has to be the same.

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thunderz7:
quote:
You forgot Son of Man, Son of David.

Matthew 1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
The very first verse of what we know as the New Testament.
Rest assured Wildtwister,
I NEVER forget the Son of David!

Ditto Thundermizzer.

--------------------
That is all.....

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Matthew 1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
The very first verse of what we know as the New Testament.
Rest assured Wildtwister,
I NEVER forget the Son of David!

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thunderz7:
Jesus is the King of kings,
HE preached the Gospel of the Kingdom.
The King preaching of HIS dominion.
Jesus is the good news,
anything else is from hell!

Adding or taking from Scripture will be accursed.

THE SON OF MAN
by Cornelius R. Stam

In the four "Gospel" records, the Lord Jesus Christ refers to Himself about eighty times as "the son of Man". This title is based upon a passage in Daniel's prophecy in which "dominion, and glory, and a kingdom" are given unto one who appeared as "the Son of Man" (Dan.7:13, 14). This kingdom, says the passage, "shall not pass away, and ... shall not be destroyed."
As the term "Son of God" speaks of our Lord's deity and the term "Son of David" emphasizes His title as King of Israel, so the term "Son of Man" identifies Him as the representative of mankind in general.

It is as "Son of Man" that He will reign as King of the world, as "King of kings" as we have seen above. It is also as "Son of Man" that He will judge the nations just before His kingdom reign:

"When the Son of Man shall come in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory: and before Him will be gathered all nations" (Matt.25: 31,32).

As Son of man He will also be the Judge at the final judgment at the Great White Throne (Rev.20:11-15).

"For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son... because He is the Son of man" (John 5:22,27).

Surely God could not be more just in His dealings with mankind. But best of all it is as Son of man that our Lord represented us at Calvary, paying the penalty for our sins that He might deliver us from the judgment to come. "For the Son of man came...to give His life a ransom for many" (Mark 10:45). In "due time" the Apostle Paul was raised up to proclaim the glad news that the great Mediator had given Himself "a ransom for ALL" (I Tim.2:6).

--------------------
That is all.....

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus is the King of kings,
HE preached the Gospel of the Kingdom.
The King preaching of HIS dominion.
Jesus is the good news,
anything else is from hell!

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
Originally posted by Carol Swenson:
quote:
Matthew 24:14 states, "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."

Matthew 24 is the Olivet Discourse. It is about the Tribulation, not the Age of Grace.
Dale always forgets this verse.

Acts 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

--------------------
That is all.....

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Matthew 24 is the Olivet Discourse. It is about the Tribulation, not the Age of Grace.
WildB
Member # 2917

quote:

More twist and bait!

Shame on you Dale.

--------------------
That is all.....

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Legalism means obedience to earn salvation.
We believe in Grace, obedience in response to salvation.

For example, I obey my Mother not because I hope to become her daughter, but because I am her daughter.

The confusion about different gospels centers around two things:

1. The Jewish believers continued to live by the law, but Paul taught the Gentile believers that they were freed from the law and lived by the Spirit.

2. The Jewish believers thought Jesus had preached about the Messianic kingdom, but Paul received the revelation of the mystery kingdom.

The one gospel is the good news of Jesus Christ, but because of the differences listed above, the BBS thinks there are two different gospel messages. I don't agree with that. But just as I don't think the differences are enough to say they are different gospels, I also don't think the BBS's beliefs are enough to call them a cult. They teach Paul's message, and Paul received his knowledge directly from the Lord. Besides, we know from their letters that the Jewish believers eventually conformed more to Paul's understanding.

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

wildb said ask you
quote:
Ask Drew, ask Carol, or ask Betty.
so Drew,Carol,or Betty. my question?

WildB...there is only one Gospel ...our difference is in that one fact alone...

you say I'm a legalist for what reason I don't know...

I have ask for you to give me one quote from my 8 years on this board that shows me teaching legalism...as of yet know one as produced one quote.....

consistently for 8 years I have said the same thing...the heart of every issue is the issue of the heart...

consistently I have said Paul preached the same Gospel as Yahshua....

I believe that there is a continuity and unity between the entire New Testament. That is my position.

if there are 2 Gospels as wildb and the Bearen Bible Society teach....

then please explain this one verse to me.....

I believe that there is a continuity and unity between the entire New Testament. That is my position.

I am a dispensationalist, but I am not an ultra-dispensationalists. I believe that there is a distinction between the things that have been spoken to the church and things that were spoken to the nation of Israel.

I try in my interpretation to divide those things correctly.

But I also believe that there is a continuity in the entire New Testament including the gospels, the words of Jesus, Paul, Acts, James, Peter and John and all of the 12 apostles.

Why do I say that? Luke 16:16 makes it plain that the law and the prophets in the Old Testament were until the time of John the Baptist.

Since that time there has been only one message, one gospel that has been preached, it is the gospel of the kingdom of God. It was first taught by the Lord Jesus Christ. Mark 1:14-15 states, "Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, 'The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: Repent ye, and believe the gospel.'" Jesus' gospel was the gospel of God's kingdom.

John the baptist said it was close, Jesus says it's here now in the person of Me. Jesus called people to repent, to change their minds and their attitudes, to turn a new direction, to come to Him for the forgiveness of sins, eternal life, and to believe the gospel. That was the preaching of Jesus.

Although at this time He was not crucified, the preaching, message and gospel of Jesus are basically the same except they lacked the redemptive work that He said he was going to do. Jesus began to preach the gospel of the kingdom, He then commissioned 12 apostles to preach that message, and then commissioned 70 others also to preach it as well.

As we go into the book of Acts, there is no doubt a continuation of that same message. We can see this very plainly as we go through Acts. As an example, Acts 8:5 states, "Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ to them." Verse 12, "But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women." So the preaching of the kingdom of God is accompanied by the preaching of Jesus Christ redemptive work throughout the book of Acts.

The Apostle Paul preaches the same message (Acts 20:24-25; 28:23, 30-31). In his thirteen epistles, Paul also will use the phrase the kingdom of God. "For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace and joy in the Holy Ghost."

Paul is preaching the kingdom of God and it's King, Jesus Christ. In the Jewish mentality the kingdom of God produced the idea of a king...and the territory or people over whom a king rules (Vine's), in the Gentile world the word that was used was Lord.

The concept is the same. Lord is a way of saying king and king is a way of saying lord. We also see Peter, James and John talking about the kingdom. John says unless a man is born again he shall not enter the kingdom of God (Jn. 3:3, 5).

The kingdom of God is really the preaching and the basis of continuity between all the New Testament. It brings the gospels together, along with Acts, with Paul, with the general epistles, etc. The kingdom of God is the theme that brings unity to the entire teaching of the New Testament.

It's the gospel of the kingdom that Paul preached, that the apostles preached, that Jesus preached, and is going to be preached at the consummation of the end of the age, to all the world. We must ask, is Jesus Christ preaching the same thing as the Apostle Paul? I conclude that he is.

Different individuals are going to teach the same message in a different ways because different personalities are expressed. But the message has to be the same.

In Matthew 19:16 a man came to Jesus, the scriptures states, "And behold, one came and said unto him, Good master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?" What is this man asking? First of all, let me say that this is an evangelist's dream. This is not somebody trying to pass out a tract. This is not one trying to witness to someone who doesn't want to hear.

In the parallel account in Mark 10:17 it states, "...There came one running, and kneeled to Him and asked Him, 'Good Master what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?'" This man was asking the right question. He was asking about eternal life.

He was not only asking the right question, he was asking the right person. He asked the person who could tell him how to have eternal life. Eternal life is a term used in the scriptures about 50 times. It's not talking about a quality of time, it's talking about a quality of existence; where a person is alive to God and to the things of God. The Jews saw eternal life as being the hope of life after death.

That's what this man was asking. What can I do to get eternal life? Notice Matthew 19:17, "Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments."

Now, here's a man asking how to get eternal life. Instead of answering, Jesus asked him a question. He didn't say to sit down here and pray with me. He said, "I have a question for you, my question is why do you call me good, there is none good but God." I believe that what Jesus is really asking is do you recognize who I really am? That I am the one that can give you eternal life, do you recognize my deity? Then he said something amazing, He said, "If you want to enter into life, keep the commandments."

Is that what the Apostle Paul said? That is exactly what the Apostle Paul said. Romans 2:13 says, "For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified." Paul says it's not just those who hear the law but those who do the law that will be justified, declared righteous in God's sight. Paul is saying the same thing Jesus is saying. Jesus said if you want life, keep the commandments.

Paul says if you want life, keep the commandments. Both Jesus Christ and the Apostle Paul will then use that statement to their own advantage by showing that there has never been a man who has done it. Why did Paul say in Romans 2:13 that it's not the hearers of the law but the doers that shall be justified?

Because he spent the first three chapters of the book of Romans making a statement showing that a man has never and can never do it. The Apostle Paul is going to go on to say that it's the law that will bring the knowledge of sin (Rom. 3:20).

It will never make you right before God, therefore by keeping the law no one will ever be justified or be saved. Why? Because the law is not that standard? No! The law is the standard of righteous, holiness and goodness of God, but no man has ever been able to live up perfectly to the standard.

Paul's point is the same as Jesus. When Jesus said to the rich young ruler, keep the commandments, He said that because he wanted to point something out to that man that he wasn't aware of. I see this in evangelism outreaches all the time.

Whenever I witness to someone I say something similar to this: What do you think you have to do to go to heaven? Almost 80-90 percent of the time I'll get the answer, live a good life, or be the best you can, or keep the ten commandments, or some answer along these lines.

I hear that over and over and over. Jesus knew that he was dealing with a self righteous man who had kept the commandments since his youth and he dealt with him in the only way that he could be reached. You see, the Bible says the law isn't made for a righteous man (1 Tim. 1:9-10).

It's not made for the born again person. It's made for the unrighteous, the godless. This person thought he was righteous. In Matthew 19:18 the young man asked Jesus which ones of the commandments do I keep and Jesus named five of the ten commandments, thou shalt not murder, thou shalt not commit adultery, thou shalt not steal, thou shalt not bear false witness, and honor thy father and thy mother.

Then Jesus quoted Leviticus 19:18 that says "love thy neighbor as thyself." In verse 20, the young man says to Jesus "all these things I've kept" (Mt. 19:20).

I hear it everyday, "I live by the golden rule, I keep the ten commandments, what do I lack?" Jesus says, "If you then will be perfect I'll tell you what to do: sell what you have, give to the poor and thou shalt have a treasure in heaven, then come and follow me!"

What was Jesus saying? He was saying "You've kept the commandments have you? Love your neighbor as yourself, no problem, huh? Well then you are a rich man, take all your possessions and give them to your neighbor. If you love your neighbor just as you love yourself there should be no problem whatsoever in giving everything you have to someone else. If you love them like you say you do, then it's no problem." The man couldn't do it.

Why? He had something in his heart and the Apostle Paul said that a covetous man is an idolater. What does that mean? He had another god enthroned. Matthew 19:22-23 says, "But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, 'Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven." In Mark's account of this story in chapter 10 verse 24, it says any rich man that "trusts" in his riches can't enter the kingdom.

Jesus emphasized His point in Mt. 19:24 by saying, "And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." When he says it's harder for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, he wasn't talking about a door over in Palestine where the camel takes off his bags and then he can barely get through. Jesus was trying to make a point. In Matthew and Mark the Greek word for needle used meant a sewing needle.

In Luke's account it meant a surgical needle. Jesus said if you can take a camel and ram him through the eye of a little bitty needle, then a rich man can enter the kingdom. It struck the point with the disciples because verse 25 says they were exceedingly amazed and they asked who then could be saved?

Can anyone be saved?

What did Jesus say?

Verse 26, "And Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, 'With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.' What was Jesus saying?

He was saying, I am taking all your self righteousness away. I'm taking all your faith in your own works away. I'm taking all your own ability to keep the law and the commandments away. I am stripping you of everything. I am taking it all away. I will tell you how impossible it is for a man to be saved, for a man to save himself he must be able to take a camel and put it through the eye of a needle. Jesus was saying a man cannot save himself.

Salvation is by grace, it's not by man's works or efforts. Jesus says with man it can't be done. Salvation only comes by the grace of God, and can only be done by God. Jesus' point was that salvation is by the grace of God.

That's the same point that the Apostle Paul made, it's the same message. Man can't be saved by his own effort, and he can't be saved by the law. He can only be saved through Christ. I want to preach the same thing that Jesus preached, the kingdom of God, repentance, and faith in the gospel. In Acts 20, the Apostle Paul says I declare unto you publicly what I teach: it's the kingdom of God, involving repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ (See Acts 20:20-21).

It's the very same thing that Jesus Christ himself spoke (Mk. 1:15). It's the same thing that He told the twelve to speak (Mk. 6:12). It's the same He told the seventy to speak (Lk. 10:9, 13). It's the same thing the Apostle Paul says was his message (Acts 20:21, 24-25).

We often forget that when John the Baptist began to preach the kingdom of God (Lk. 16:16), he said not only to repent, but prove by your life that you have repented (Mt. 3:8).

The Apostle Paul preached the same thing. In Acts 26:20 Paul says, "...to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance." He was saying that repentance is the change of heart and of mind that causes you to turn and go a new direction. The new lifestyle that comes out of that is not repentance, it's the fruit of repentance. It proves that repentance is in an individual's life.

Then there's the question concerning the Beatitudes. What about the sayings of Jesus? He's saying it's not the ten commandments of don't commit adultery, but I say to you if you lusted after a women you've broken God's law. It's not the ten commandments of don't murder that is the keeping of God's law, Jesus says, Are you angry? What about those words of Jesus?

Can we live up to those words of Jesus?

The Bible says the words of God are sharper than a two edged sword (Heb. 4:12).

Jesus, when He used words, used them both for the believer and for the unbeliever. When he said to the unbeliever, you think you are good enough to have eternal life by your works, I'm telling you it's not murder, it's anger, have you ever been angry? I'm telling you it's not the act of adultery, it's lust, have you ever lusted? Those words get a man right where it hurts. You can be self righteous and think that you can earn your way to God but when you apply Jesus' words they will do much more than the ten commandments, they will say you are more guilty than you ever thought.

The law is a schoolmaster to lead people to Jesus.

In Romans 8:4 Paul states that we aren't to perform the law, but "the righteousness of the law" will be fulfilled in us when we walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit. What that does mean is that there is a righteousness (or right way of living) that God wants to produce in us by the power of the Holy Spirit (Gal. 5:16).

It is the fruit of the Holy Spirit that God wants in our lives and it does not contradict the moral teachings of Jesus or the Old Testament. "But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control; and here there is no conflict with Jewish laws" (Gal. 5:22-23, LB).

There is only one gospel. It began to be spoken by the Lord (See Heb. 2:3), it was commissioned to His followers (Mk. 16:15), and it unifies the entire New Testament in its teaching.

full article found.....

http://www.krowtracts.com/articles/ultra.html

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

quote:

I have ask for you to give me one quote from my 8 years on this board...as of yet know one as produced one quote.....

consistently for 8 years I have said the same thing...the heart of every issue is the issue of the heart...

I am a dispensationalist, but I am not an ultra-dispensationalists. I believe that there is a distinction between the things that have been spoken to the church and things that were spoken to the nation of Israel.

But I also believe that there is a continuity in the entire New Testament including the gospels, the words of Jesus, Paul, Acts, James, Peter and John and all of the 12 apostles.

Why do I say that? Luke 16:16 makes it plain that the law and the prophets in the Old Testament were until the time of John the Baptist.

Since that time there has been only one message, one gospel that has been preached, it is the gospel of the kingdom of God. It was first taught by the Lord Jesus Christ. Mark 1:14-15 states, "Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, 'The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: Repent ye, and believe the gospel.'" Jesus' gospel was the gospel of God's kingdom.

John the baptist said it was close, Jesus says it's here now in the person of Me. Jesus called people to repent, to change their minds and their attitudes, to turn a new direction, to come to Him for the forgiveness of sins, eternal life, and to believe the gospel. That was the preaching of Jesus.

Although at this time He was not crucified, the preaching, message and gospel of Jesus are basically the same except they lacked the redemptive work that He said he was going to do. Jesus began to preach the gospel of the kingdom, He then commissioned 12 apostles to preach that message, and then commissioned 70 others also to preach it as well.

In Matthew 19:16 a man came to Jesus, the scriptures states, "And behold, one came and said unto him, Good master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?" What is this man asking? First of all, let me say that this is an evangelist's dream. This is not somebody trying to pass out a tract. This is not one trying to witness to someone who doesn't want to hear.

In the parallel account in Mark 10:17 it states, "...There came one running, and kneeled to Him and asked Him, 'Good Master what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?'" This man was asking the right question. He was asking about eternal life.

He was not only asking the right question, he was asking the right person. He asked the person who could tell him how to have eternal life. Eternal life is a term used in the scriptures about 50 times. It's not talking about a quality of time, it's talking about a quality of existence; where a person is alive to God and to the things of God. The Jews saw eternal life as being the hope of life after death.

That's what this man was asking. What can I do to get eternal life? Notice Matthew 19:17, "Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments."

Now, here's a man asking how to get eternal life. Instead of answering, Jesus asked him a question. He didn't say to sit down here and pray with me. He said, "I have a question for you, my question is why do you call me good, there is none good but God." I believe that what Jesus is really asking is do you recognize who I really am? That I am the one that can give you eternal life, do you recognize my deity? Then he said something amazing, He said, "If you want to enter into life, keep the commandments."

Is that what the Apostle Paul said? That is exactly what the Apostle Paul said. Romans 2:13 says, "For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified." Paul says it's not just those who hear the law but those who do the law that will be justified, declared righteous in God's sight. Paul is saying the same thing Jesus is saying. Jesus said if you want life, keep the commandments.

Paul says if you want life, keep the commandments. Both Jesus Christ and the Apostle Paul will then use that statement to their own advantage by showing that there has never been a man who has done it. Why did Paul say in Romans 2:13 that it's not the hearers of the law but the doers that shall be justified?

Because he spent the first three chapters of the book of Romans making a statement showing that a man has never and can never do it. The Apostle Paul is going to go on to say that it's the law that will bring the knowledge of sin (Rom. 3:20).

It will never make you right before God, therefore by keeping the law no one will ever be justified or be saved. Why? Because the law is not that standard? No! The law is the standard of righteous, holiness and goodness of God, but no man has ever been able to live up perfectly to the standard.

Paul's point is the same as Jesus. When Jesus said to the rich young ruler, keep the commandments, He said that because he wanted to point something out to that man that he wasn't aware of. I see this in evangelism outreaches all the time.

Whenever I witness to someone I say something similar to this: What do you think you have to do to go to heaven? Almost 80-90 percent of the time I'll get the answer, live a good life, or be the best you can, or keep the ten commandments, or some answer along these lines.

I hear that over and over and over. Jesus knew that he was dealing with a self righteous man who had kept the commandments since his youth and he dealt with him in the only way that he could be reached. You see, the Bible says the law isn't made for a righteous man (1 Tim. 1:9-10).

It's not made for the born again person. It's made for the unrighteous, the godless. This person thought he was righteous. In Matthew 19:18 the young man asked Jesus which ones of the commandments do I keep and Jesus named five of the ten commandments, thou shalt not murder, thou shalt not commit adultery, thou shalt not steal, thou shalt not bear false witness, and honor thy father and thy mother.

Then Jesus quoted Leviticus 19:18 that says "love thy neighbor as thyself." In verse 20, the young man says to Jesus "all these things I've kept" (Mt. 19:20).

I hear it everyday, "I live by the golden rule, I keep the ten commandments, what do I lack?" Jesus says, "If you then will be perfect I'll tell you what to do: sell what you have, give to the poor and thou shalt have a treasure in heaven, then come and follow me!"

What was Jesus saying? He was saying "You've kept the commandments have you? Love your neighbor as yourself, no problem, huh? Well then you are a rich man, take all your possessions and give them to your neighbor. If you love your neighbor just as you love yourself there should be no problem whatsoever in giving everything you have to someone else. If you love them like you say you do, then it's no problem." The man couldn't do it.

Why? He had something in his heart and the Apostle Paul said that a covetous man is an idolater. What does that mean? He had another god enthroned. Matthew 19:22-23 says, "But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, 'Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven." In Mark's account of this story in chapter 10 verse 24, it says any rich man that "trusts" in his riches can't enter the kingdom.

Jesus emphasized His point in Mt. 19:24 by saying, "And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." When he says it's harder for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, he wasn't talking about a door over in Palestine where the camel takes off his bags and then he can barely get through. Jesus was trying to make a point. In Matthew and Mark the Greek word for needle used meant a sewing needle.

In Luke's account it meant a surgical needle. Jesus said if you can take a camel and ram him through the eye of a little bitty needle, then a rich man can enter the kingdom. It struck the point with the disciples because verse 25 says they were exceedingly amazed and they asked who then could be saved?

Can anyone be saved?

What did Jesus say?

Verse 26, "And Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, 'With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.' What was Jesus saying?

He was saying, I am taking all your self righteousness away. I'm taking all your faith in your own works away. I'm taking all your own ability to keep the law and the commandments away. I am stripping you of everything. I am taking it all away. I will tell you how impossible it is for a man to be saved, for a man to save himself he must be able to take a camel and put it through the eye of a needle. Jesus was saying a man cannot save himself.

Salvation is by grace, it's not by man's works or efforts. Jesus says with man it can't be done. Salvation only comes by the grace of God, and can only be done by God. Jesus' point was that salvation is by the grace of God.

That's the same point that the Apostle Paul made, it's the same message. Man can't be saved by his own effort, and he can't be saved by the law. He can only be saved through Christ. I want to preach the same thing that Jesus preached, the kingdom of God, repentance, and faith in the gospel. In Acts 20, the Apostle Paul says I declare unto you publicly what I teach: it's the kingdom of God, involving repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ (See Acts 20:20-21).

It's the very same thing that Jesus Christ himself spoke (Mk. 1:15). It's the same thing that He told the twelve to speak (Mk. 6:12). It's the same He told the seventy to speak (Lk. 10:9, 13). It's the same thing the Apostle Paul says was his message (Acts 20:21, 24-25).

We often forget that when John the Baptist began to preach the kingdom of God (Lk. 16:16), he said not only to repent, but prove by your life that you have repented (Mt. 3:8).

The Apostle Paul preached the same thing. In Acts 26:20 Paul says, "...to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance." He was saying that repentance is the change of heart and of mind that causes you to turn and go a new direction. The new lifestyle that comes out of that is not repentance, it's the fruit of repentance. It proves that repentance is in an individual's life.

Then there's the question concerning the Beatitudes. What about the sayings of Jesus? He's saying it's not the ten commandments of don't commit adultery, but I say to you if you lusted after a women you've broken God's law. It's not the ten commandments of don't murder that is the keeping of God's law, Jesus says, Are you angry? What about those words of Jesus?

Jesus, when He used words, used them both for the believer and for the unbeliever. When he said to the unbeliever, you think you are good enough to have eternal life by your works, I'm telling you it's not murder, it's anger, have you ever been angry? I'm telling you it's not the act of adultery, it's lust, have you ever lusted? Those words get a man right where it hurts. You can be self righteous and think that you can earn your way to God but when you apply Jesus' words they will do much more than the ten commandments, they will say you are more guilty than you ever thought.

In Romans 8:4 Paul states that we aren't to perform the law, but "the righteousness of the law" will be fulfilled in us when we walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit. What that does mean is that there is a righteousness (or right way of living) that God wants to produce in us by the power of the Holy Spirit (Gal. 5:16).

It is the fruit of the Holy Spirit that God wants in our lives and it does not contradict the moral teachings of Jesus or the Old Testament. "But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control; and here there is no conflict with Jewish laws" (Gal. 5:22-23, LB).

There is only one gospel. It began to be spoken by the Lord (See Heb. 2:3), it was commissioned to His followers (Mk. 16:15), and it unifies the entire New Testament in its teaching.

full article found.....

More of the same.

.....Twist and Bait

You have been show many times.
Your just trying 2 stir up more strife.

Ask Drew, ask Carol, or ask Betty.
Im not wasting my time anymore.

Good day.

[cool_shades]

--------------------
That is all.....

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

I have ask for you to give me one quote from my 8 years on this board...as of yet know one as produced one quote.....

Can anyone be saved?

What did Jesus say?

full article found.....

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 5 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I agree 100% Betty

Then why do you and Berry continue 2 do it?

Everything you two post is NOT good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the readers.

Your post do nothing but cause strife, and divisions, are you not a carnal Christian?

......Sorry I forgot there is NO
.............SUCH THING

...According to your doctrine of eradication !

We are instructed to avoid foolish and unlearned post , knowing that they do gender strifes.

Yet u 2 plow on and plant your weed seed in Gods garden.

[cool_shades]

--------------------
That is all.....

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well said Betty!

(LOL WildB...Magic Spam top...LOL)

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree 100% Betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here it is a new year and the same people attempting to force feed spam. The simple message of the Gospel sometimes confused those who want to make the Gospel harder then it is. When we stop trying to save ourselves and yield to the saving Grace of our Lord Jesus, then we won't have to try to force a stone of legalism around other Christian's necks like the Pharisees did in the Bible.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Don't like legal ham, then SPAM!

-

1KI 20:11 The king of Israel answered, "Tell him: 'One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.'"

"If" you need armor as it matters 2 truth you best re-check your medal.

My armor is off to Biblical truth, yours is getting cold short.

If you don't know what "Cold Short" in iron is then goggle it.

Repent while the day is yet called day.

--------------------
That is all.....

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question: "What is ultra-dispensationalism?"

Answer: In order to understand what ultra-dispensationalism is (also known as hyper-dispensationalism) let’s first begin by defining what the word dispensationalism means. The word dispensation means stewardship or administration and dispensationalism is simply a system of biblical interpretation that recognizes a distinction between the Church (i.e. the body of Christ) and Israel. Dispensationalism carries with it the idea that throughout the history of redemption God has given man specific revelation and commands and that man is tested with respect to his obedience to God’s commands or revelation. Therefore dispensations are different administrations in the eternal outworking of God’s purpose and plan. However, it is very important to realize normal dispensationalism acknowledges the fact that the way of salvation—by grace through faith—is the same in every dispensation. Generally many dispensationalists will recognize seven dispensations: Innocence (Genesis 1:1 – 3:7), Conscience (Genesis 3:8 – 8:22), Human Government (Genesis 9:1 – 11:32), Promise (Genesis 12:1 – Exodus 19:25), Law (Exodus 20:1 – Acts 2:4), Grace (Acts 2:4 – Revelation 20:3), Millennial Kingdom (Revelation 20:4 – 20:6). Again, these dispensations are not ways of salvation, but manners in which God relates to man.

One of the inherent dangers of dispensationalism is that it can become easy to overly divide the Bible and see divisions and discontinuity where there shouldn’t be any. This is exactly what the ultra-dispensationalist does. Therefore ultra- or hyper-dispensationalism would be an extreme that takes the basic tenets of dispensationalism to the very extreme, resulting in unbiblical and often heretical teaching and doctrine. Another movement, known as Mid-Acts Dispensationalists, Acts 9 Dispensationalists, Acts 13 Dispensationalism, or Acts 28 Dispensationalism, takes a half-way position between classic dispensationalism and hyper-dispensationalism. Also known as The Grace Movement, the tenets of the Mid-Acts dispensationalists are not under discussion here.

Instead of recognizing that the Church began in Acts 2 on the Day of Pentecost when the disciples received the promised Holy Spirit, the ultra-dispensationalist would insert another dispensation or division into the Bible and would hold that the Church did not begin until after Paul’s conversion. The three most common ultra-dispensationalist views see the church beginning in Acts 9, Acts 13 or Acts 28. Mid-Acts dispensationalists agree with this view. Some ultra-dispensationalists place the beginning of the church with Paul’s conversion; others, like one of the first ultra-dispensationalists, Ethelbert W. Bulinger, place the beginning of the church even later with Paul’s imprisonment in Rome. In doing so they see the church in Acts as being a “Hebrew or Jewish Church” separate from the “mystery” church to which Paul wrote his prison epistles. They believe that the books of Peter, James, Jude, Hebrews and the epistles of John are all addressed to the Hebrew Church, which is different from the “body of Christ,” and that this Jewish Church, which is built on Kingdom promises, will be reestablished during the millennium and will worship at the rebuilt Temple with atoning sacrifices.

However the greatest problem with ultra-dispensationalism is not what they believe about when the church began but with the many other errors that come from their approach to Scripture. For example at the heart of most forms of ultra-dispensationalism is the belief that Paul preached a different gospel than what the other Apostles taught. Paul’s prison epistles only apply directly to the “body of Christ” or Gentile church, and the sacraments of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper are relegated to the old dispensation and are not to be practiced by the church today. In reality what ultra-dispensationalists do is wrongly divide the Word of God and split it into little pieces.

Other heresies that are common to some types of ultra-dispensationalism include such things as soul sleep and annihilationism. Still others proclaim a brand of universalism that grants salvation even to Satan himself. Without a doubt whatever name you want to call it, ultra-dispensationalism is a dangerous error that almost always leads to other even worse errors and often outright heretical teachings.

H. A Ironside, a strong dispensationalist himself, wrote a very good booklet outlining some of the dangers of ultra-dispensationalism and in it says that he has “no hesitancy in saying that its fruits are evil. It has produced a tremendous crop of heresies throughout the length and breadth of this and other lands; it has divided Christians and wrecked churches and assemblies without number; it has lifted up its votaries in intellectual and spiritual pride to an appalling extent, so that they look with supreme contempt upon Christians who do not accept their peculiar views; and in most instances where it has been long tolerated, it has absolutely throttled Gospel effort at home and sown discord on missionary fields abroad. So true are these things of this system that I have no hesitancy in saying it is an absolutely Satanic perversion of the truth.”

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement