Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » To Be MORE Like Jesus...

Author Topic: To Be MORE Like Jesus...
powerhouse
Advanced Member
Member # 3826

Icon 1 posted      Profile for powerhouse   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
I have heard those who for abortion and gay marriage say that the like Christ but not Christians. They like the saying of Christ that are about love but they reject what Christ says about hell.
betty

Good point. I feel there will be a LOT of surprised people on the day of judgment. I am leaning on faith in Jesus that I won’t be one of them.

--------------------
The Powerhouse Ministry
Blogs, Podcasts, Books and More
100% Free

Posts: 89 | From: Beverly Hills, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that I am not always Christ like in attitude, but remember that sometimes when people say that they like Christ but not Christians, is because they do not like what the Bible says about their sin. I have heard those who for abortion and gay marriage say that the like Christ but not Christians. They like the saying of Christ that are about love but they reject what Christ says about hell.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
powerhouse
Advanced Member
Member # 3826

Icon 8 posted      Profile for powerhouse   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may have noticed on our http://link2power.org page, we changed our slogan to reflect our desire to see Christians become more Christlike.

Helping Christians Clean Their Headlights So They Can Shine for Jesus

It is, in fact, our failure to be more like Jesus that often causes people to set their hearts like stone towards other religions, or towards agnostic or atheist beliefs. That, in part, is what inspired us to write the book “Please Don’t Feed the Atheists.”

Years ago, Indian leader Mohandas Gandhi made a very powerful statement:

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

The sad truth is that this is a very accurate statement. A glance at your newspaper or a visit to CNN will validate that.

Pleasing The Father

by JesusLover Judy

Jesus, You are my example, and I desire to live in the way that will not grieve the Holy Spirit.

In Your name I resist unwholesome language, bitterness, improper use of anger, brawling, slander, and bad attitudes toward others.

I forgive, just as my Father-God has forgiven me.

May my attitudes and actions please God.

I purpose to act in love toward my brothers and sisters in Christ, just as God acted in love by sending His Son to die for my sins. Amen

Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need. Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Ephesians 4:28-32 [ESV]

Guide me in Your truth and faithfulness and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You do I wait all the day long.

Walking in Compassion

by Brotha DC

Jesus was motivated by love.  His love was manifest as compassion for His people.

One of the most familiar expressions of His compassion in the scripture is meeting people’s needs.

In this study, we will consider the account of Jesus miraculously feeding the multitude.

Jesus introduced the idea of feeding the crowd to the disciples.  They saw it as being too big a job.  But with God, nothing is impossible.

I recall as a teenager seeing an elder in our church turn away a man who came to the church seeking help.  Unfortunately, this desperate man had bad timing.  He came to the door of the church during one of the many feasts this church sponsored.

The elder sucked his teeth and said, “I’m eating,” then turned his back and walked away from that poor fellow, leaving his need unmet.

But what did Jesus do when He encountered a person in need?

Then Jesus called his disciples to him and said, “I have compassion on the crowd because they have been with me now three days and have nothing to eat. And I am unwilling to send them away hungry, lest they faint on the way.” And the disciples said to him, “Where are we to get enough bread in such a desolate place to feed so great a crowd?” And Jesus said to them, “How many loaves do you have?” They said, “Seven, and a few small fish.” And directing the crowd to sit down on the ground, he took the seven loaves and the fish, and having given thanks he broke them and gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the crowds. And they all ate and were satisfied. And they took up seven baskets full of the broken pieces left over. Those who ate were four thousand men, besides women and children.

Matthew 15:32-38 [ESV]

Jesus was often moved with compassion. Even when His own needs were waiting to be met, His compassion caused Him to first minister to others.

May we have His compassion active in our lives as we practice the love walk. May we look for opportunities to bless others and not to look to have our own needs met.

When we do this, seeking first His kingdom and righteousness... then all other things will be freely added to us.

--------------------
The Powerhouse Ministry
Blogs, Podcasts, Books and More
100% Free

Posts: 89 | From: Beverly Hills, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement