Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » HE THAT IS SPIRITUAL

Author Topic: HE THAT IS SPIRITUAL
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would sure lend a hand if I was Bro.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 7 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang big rig Drew, its so simple its stupid.

Dang wish u were livi next 2 me.

Broke the top bearing on steering column on my 8-n AGAIN!

Still steers left but without the top, u have 2 play go cart and push the left armature and force it right.

Not 2 safe on a hill or in traffic.LoL!

bUT WE SHALL get by.

And don't ask me about my snow fence experiment.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.gotquestions.org/replacement-theology.html

quote:

Replacement theology (also known as supersessionism) essentially teaches that the church has replaced Israel in God’s plan. Adherents of replacement theology believe the Jews are no longer God’s chosen people, and God does not have specific future plans for the nation of Israel. All the different views of the relationship between the church and Israel can be divided into two camps: either the church is a continuation of Israel (replacement/covenant theology), or the church is completely different and distinct from Israel (dispensationalism/premillennialism).

Replacement theology teaches that the church is the replacement for Israel and that the many promises made to Israel in the Bible are fulfilled in the Christian church, not in Israel. So, the prophecies in Scripture concerning the blessing and restoration of Israel to the Promised Land are “spiritualized” or “allegorized” into promises of God's blessing for the church. Major problems exist with this view, such as the continuing existence of the Jewish people throughout the centuries and especially with the revival of the modern state of Israel. If Israel has been condemned by God, and there is no future for the Jewish nation, how do we explain the supernatural survival of the Jewish people over the past 2000 years despite the many attempts to destroy them? How do we explain why and how Israel reappeared as a nation in the 20th century after not existing for 1900 years?

The view that Israel and the church are different is clearly taught in the New Testament. Biblically speaking, the church is completely different and distinct from Israel, and the two are never to be confused or used interchangeably. We are taught from Scripture that the church is an entirely new creation that came into being on the day of Pentecost and will continue until it is taken to heaven at the rapture (Ephesians 1:9-11; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17). The church has no relationship to the curses and blessings for Israel. The covenants, promises, and warnings are valid only for Israel. Israel has been temporarily set aside in God's program during these past 2000 years of dispersion.

After the rapture (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18), God will restore Israel as the primary focus of His plan. The first event at this time is the tribulation (Revelation chapters 6-19). The world will be judged for rejecting Christ, while Israel is prepared through the trials of the great tribulation for the second coming of the Messiah. Then, when Christ does return to the earth, at the end of the tribulation, Israel will be ready to receive Him. The remnant of Israel which survives the tribulation will be saved, and the Lord will establish His kingdom on this earth with Jerusalem as its capital. With Christ reigning as King, Israel will be the leading nation, and representatives from all nations will come to Jerusalem to honor and worship the King—Jesus Christ. The church will return with Christ and will reign with Him for a literal thousand years (Revelation 20:1-5).

Both the Old Testament and the New Testament support a premillennial/dispensational understanding of God's plan for Israel. Even so, the strongest support for premillennialism is found in the clear teaching of Revelation 20:1-7, where it says six times that Christ's kingdom will last 1000 years. After the tribulation the Lord will return and establish His kingdom with the nation of Israel, Christ will reign over the whole earth, and Israel will be the leader of the nations. The church will reign with Him for a literal thousand years. The church has not replaced Israel in God's plan. While God may be focusing His attention primarily on the church in this dispensation of grace, God has not forgotten Israel and will one day restore Israel to His intended role as the nation He has chosen (Romans 11).

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 19 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by barrykind:
nevermind
[BooHoo]

Yea you would like for all to nevermind.

Those Smelly addendum's are cursed by Paul.

.........GRACE AND LAW MIXED.

While you entertain the baseball fans with one hand balled up into a righteous fist or the pointing of a fickeled finger at others your very busy planting weed seed in God's garden with the other hand moved by a fleshly heart..

I thank God that you are at least not spamming the board like you use to with your sillyness.

It is clear to all what is required by your legal/grace gospel.

1That OSAS,is a license to SIN~~~!"
2That the Sabbath is to be kept on Saturday.
3That Yahushua must be used in the place of the name JESUS.
4That the Harpazo is a lie.
5That there is no BEMA.

An addendum, in general, is an addition to a certain document, sometimes subsequent to its edition, publication or diffusion.

In contracts

In other documents, most importantly in contracts, an addendum is an additional document not included in the main part of the contract which may contain additional terms, specifications, provisions, standard forms or other information. A contract addendum may also be called an appendix, an annex or a rider.
Addenda are often used in standard form contracts to make changes or add specific detail. For example, an addendum might be added to a contract to change a date or add details as to delivery of goods or pricing. The addendum should be referenced in the contract, or the contract should be referenced in the addendum, so that it's clear to which contract the addendum is modifying.
A rider is often used to add specific detail and especially specific conditions to a standard contract such as an insurance contract. A rider may also be added to a piece of legislation.

Are you a Christian? If not

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Romans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

[rapture]

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 15 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Gospel for Today's Age of Grace
by Thomas Freeman

The desire to write this article comes from my experiences in searching for God’s will in my life. Why it took me so long to clearly see the dispensational change Paul’s simple but profound message presented, I am not sure. Christ’s message to Israel (the gospel of the circumcision) is so often mixed together with Christ’s message through Paul for the world today (the gospel of the uncircumcision). Fortunately the Holy Spirit used a number of situations to keep me moving toward God’s goal for my life.

The Scriptures state in Romans 8:28:

“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.”

Notice it doesn’t say to those who love God enough. The Holy Spirit used several men to bring me to being an ardent dispensationalist. One was Dr. C. I. Scofield and his notes in the Scofield Study Bible. Another was a tract, placed in my hand by a caring person, which in turn led me to the Berean Bible Society and Pastor Stam. The Holy Spirit used his books to open my eyes to the mystery and the “Word rightly divided.” Through a man I met at work, I learned about the First Grace Gospel Church of Ashtabula, Ohio and Pastor Adams. Through Pastor Adams and his careful exposition of God’s Word, my mind and heart were truly united in the “grace” message.

There is a poem I like so well, written by Martin Luther. “Feelings come and feelings go and feelings are deceiving. I’ll rest upon the Word of God, none else is worth believing.” Resting in His Word rightly divided is the only way. The words “rightly divided” comes from II Timothy 2:15 and is a translation of the Greek word “orthotomeo,” pronounced or-thot-om-eh´-o which means to make a straight cut, to dissect (expound) correctly (the divine message). As you read the rest of this article I trust you will come to realize the importance of understanding complete dispensational teaching.

“Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of truth” (II Tim. 2:15).

“But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter (for He that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:) And when James, Cephas and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship, that we should go unto the Gentiles and they unto the circumcision” (Gal. 2:7-9).

Paul was recognized by the twelve apostles as God’s man to carry this new message of grace to the Gentiles. Clearly two different gospels are mentioned. Paul in Galatians 1:11 and 12 tells us how he received his gospel.

“But I certify you brethren that the gospel which was preached by me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ” (Gal. 1:11,12).

It has been said by some that Paul’s gospel was the same as Peter’s. Others claim that Peter was out of God’s will, narrow minded, and because of his refusal to go to the Gentiles, God had to raise up the Apostle Paul. I take exception to these views. For Galatians 2:8 tells us something else.

“For He that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles.”

There are several more reasons.

1. If it were the same there would have been no need for a special revelation.
2. Paul speaks of the gospel he preached as “my gospel” in Romans 16:25, 2:16.
3. Those who would find fault with Peter’s or Paul’s work are really finding fault with Christ’s work, for it is He who is working through both men as the Scripture states in Galatians 2:8.
4. The “my gospel” Paul spoke of is referred to as being kept secret since the world began (Rom. 16:25; I Cor. 2:7,8; Eph. 3:9; Col. 1:26). The gospel Peter spoke of is referred to as being known since the world began (Matt. 25:34; Luke 1:67-70; Acts 3:21,24).
Indeed, Israel from Jacob on has been looking for their Messiah, who was to come and set up their kingdom as the most favored nation. When as a nation they accept their Messiah, God will have all people come through Israel. We, of course, know that Israel rejected Christ and they were then set aside until the dispensation of Grace, for which Paul was called to be its apostle, has run its course. Notice Paul’s words are spoken of as commandments, which is not a take it or leave it word.
“If any man think himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord” (I Cor. 14:37).

When I was in the service, we learned a principle that is crucial to being a good soldier in the military or in God’s work. That principle is this: You obey the last lawful order given by the one in charge. I know that in past dispensations other orders were given, which were valid at the time given, but by examining the Scriptures of past dispensations, one can see major differences in the requirements that are in addition to faith.

There are many people who believe that the Bible words printed in red are the most important for they were spoken by Christ. They are the words of Christ and very important indeed, as all God’s Word is, which we are to study. But they were especially important to the Jewish people to whom they were written regarding the coming kingdom. When we, who are of the dispensation of Grace, study the Gospels, we must interpret them in light of the epistles written by Paul. They are Christ’s final marching orders for the Church today. They have the correct interpretation for the day we live in. Yes, we can take our stand and rest assured. We have the correct interpretation for today when we follow Christ’s words given through Paul.

In Ephesians 1:3 the Word tells us that we are looking for a heavenly home, not an earthly kingdom.

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ” (Eph. 1:3).

“For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we look for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ” (Phil. 3:20).

Yes, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John have God’s Word for all people to study, but they are written to the people of the kingdom dispensation. We know Christ was addressing those for whom the kingdom was coming to earth. How? Because the Bible tells us so.

Matthew 4:17 says:

“From that time, Jesus began to preach and say, repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

In Matthew 3:2, John the Baptist speaks of the coming kingdom. In Matthew 10:5-7, we see Jesus instructing the twelve apostles regarding the coming kingdom.

Christ is still speaking to us today with the words of salvation, love, encouragement, and how to live a life pleasing to Him. Yes, He is speaking to us today throughout His Word, but again we must use the epistles written by the Apostle Paul, the apostle to the Gentiles, for a proper application today. It is not a matter if we like them or not.

Now grace, faith and obedience have always been in vogue, for apart from God’s grace no man deserves to be saved. Without faith in God’s plan for that day, no man would have been saved, for rituals alone never saved anyone. When God’s plan calls for circumcision, the building of an ark, and baptism, the man of faith will obey. However, when God speaks in His Word and tells us it is by faith alone, the man of faith will follow His commands. It is only by God’s grace, in any dispensation, that sinful man can be saved, for we do not deserve God’s gracious offer. In all dispensations God has wanted His people’s obedience. In past ages, He has required it to receive His blessings. Today God wants our loving obedience because He has already blessed us. One example before we move on.

In Matthew 6:15:
“But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”

In Ephesians 4:32 we find Christ’s words for us today.

“And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God, for Christ’s sake, hath forgiven you.”

Notice in the gospel of the kingdom forgiveness is required to be forgiven, while in the epistles penned by the Apostle Paul we are already forgiven and already blessed. Therefore, out of love and gratitude, I want to please the One who bled, died and rose again, paying completely and forever for all my sins. Yes, thank God, past, present and future sins are covered by the sacrifice of the Savior Jesus Christ (Look up Rom. 4:15,16, 3:23,24; Gal. 3:13; Col. 1:21,22, 2:13). These are just a few of the verses that tell us of the wonderful and complete salvation we have in Christ Jesus.

In Ephesians 2:8 and 9 we find Christ’s commands written for us today.

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”

In I Corinthians 15:1-4 we find Paul spelling out for us, the gospel (the good news) for today.

“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures.”

This is how we are saved today. It is by faith alone in what Christ has done for us according to the Scriptures. Anything you would add to God’s plan is a false gospel. God has chosen to place our complete salvation in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ Jesus. Anything we would add is an affront to God’s Son, for we are saying that He is not worthy of the great honor God has placed in Him. And we are really saying that we know better than God Himself.

When referring to the gospel he preached, Paul speaks of it as my gospel. That’s what Romans 16:25 and 26 tells us:

“Now to Him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now [Greek word nun speaks of present time] is made manifest, and by the Scriptures of the prophets [the word ‘prophets’ as used here is an adjective so a clearer rendition would read by the prophetic Scriptures] according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith.”

Do you want to be “established?” The Scripture tells us it is by following Christ, according to the gospel presented in Paul’s epistles.

In Galatians 1:6-9 Paul speaks about another gospel and says of any who would add to or change the gospel that was given to him by revelation: “let him be accursed.” The matter is so serious he repeats it again in verse 9. One other matter needs to be clarified before we discuss these verses. In the Greek text, there are two different words used for “another,” which have different shades of meaning. The Greek word “heteros” is used which means another of a different sort, and the Greek word “allos” which means another of the same sort.

Now let’s read Galatians 1:6-9:

“I marvel that ye are so soon removed from Him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another [another of a different sort] gospel, Which is not another [another of the same sort]; but there are some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.”

It is extremely important that we are not altering God’s plan given to Paul and trusting in some work, such as water baptism, joining the church, keeping the law, some particular part of the law, or going forward in a church service.

See Colossians 2:10:
“And ye are complete in Him, who is the Head of all principality and powers.”

And also Romans 11:6:

“And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.”

As we stated earlier from Ephesians 2:8 and 9, it is “by faith and not by works.” Are you trusting in the finished work of Jesus Christ? Trusting in His death, burial and resurrection alone for your salvation and the total payment for all your past and present sins? If you are not familiar with dispensational teaching and the revelation of the mystery given to Paul, you may well have other questions.

--------------------
That is all.....

Bloodbought
Advanced Member
Member # 4365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bloodbought     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We come now to a study of the biblical relationsip between national Israel and the Christian church. A correct understanding of this relationship is absolutely essential to a correct understanding of the Bible. While opinions vary on many individual points, there would seem to be two main schools of thought on this subject. The first of these may be called the historical Christian view, being that view held by the great majority of the church fathers, Protestant reformers, and Bible commentaries. The second view origniated with John Nelson Darby around A.D. 1830, and is best known today as dispensationalism. I feel that the historical Christian view is biblical and sound, while the more recent view (which view I once held) is artificial and forced. Let us look at these two interpretations.

The historical Christian teaching always has been that national Israel was a type of the church, and that the church replaced Israel on the Day of Pentecost. This view holds that God made two sets of promises to Israel -- natujral promises and spiritual promises. All earthly promises to Israel have been either fulfilled or invalidated because of disobedience. All spiritual promises are being fulfilled through the church, which is made up of Jews and Gentiles alike.

Main Points of Historical Christian Teaching

1. God has always had but one spiritual people, represented by the remnant in every generation.
2. God's promises to Israel were conditional.
3. All earthly promises to Israel have been either fulfilled or invalidated through disobedience and unbelief.
4. Israel was a type of the church and was superseded by the church.
5. The church was prophesied in the Old Testament, in Old Testament language.
6. Christ was, and is, the" only Hope of Israel. And Israelites (Jews) will be saved only if they accept him during this age.
7. The first advent of Christ completed Israel's redemption, and manifested the Israel of God (the church) referred to in Galatians 6:16.
8. Christ institued a Jewish-Gentile church.
9. All unfulfilled spiritual promises to Israel are being fulfilled through the Christian church.
10. This does not represent a change in God's plan, but evidences progressive revelation.

Dispensationalists teach that God has two separate peoples -- Israel and the church -- and two separate plans for them. Israel, they say, is "an earthly people," while the church is "a heavenly people." Not only does God have two separate plans for these peoples, but two distinct destinations. They teach that Israel will spend her eternity on the earth, following an earthly millennium of one thousand years, while the church will spend eternity in heaven after the millennium. They say the Israel was indeed a type of the church, but then fo on to teach that this is the one and only type in the entire Bible which wqas never meant to have an antitype (fulfillment)! Dispensationalists teach that Jesus, at his first advent, offered to Israel an earthly millennium; that Israel rejected this offer; that God then postponed his plans for Israel; and that the church was instituted as a temporary (parenthetic) plan until after the second advent.

Main Points of Dispentationalist Teaching

God has two bodies (peoples) -- Israel, and the church.
God's promises to Israel were unconditional, and therefore are still binding.
God's promises concerning the return to the land, rebuilding the temple, etc., were never fulfilled. They aare therefore still future.
Although Israel was a type of the church, they will always remain separate.
Christ instituted the church as a "parenthesis."
Christ came the first time to establish an earthly millennial kingdom with Israel.
Israel rejected him, then God postponed this plan until the second advent.
Christ instituted a Gentile church.
Israel is God's earthly people; the church is God's heavenly people.
Israel's destiny is to remain on earth forever; the destiny of the churchis to spend eternjity in heaven.
Many people confuse the real issue between dispensationalists and the majority of Christian Bible exegetes. The real issue is well stated by Dr. George E. Ladd: "We must first clarify the nature of dispensational theology. The heart of the system is not seven dispensations nor a pretribulation rapture of the Church. It is the notion that God has two people, Israel and the Church, and two programs -- a theocratic program for Israel and a redemptive program for the Church. Israel is a national people with material blessings and an earthly destiny; the Church is a universal people with spiritual blessings and a heavenly destiny." (Christianity Today, October 12, 1959).

Dr. Ladd's statement is substantiated by this statement from the pen of the late Dr. L. W. Chafer, who was a leader in the dispensational movement in this country. "The dispensationalist believes that throughout the ages God is pursuing two distinct purposes; one related to the earth with earthly people and earthly objectives involved, which is Judaism; while the other is related tol heaven with heavenly people and heavenly objectives involved, which is Christianity" (Dispensationalism, p. 107).

Here, then, is the crux of the argument concerning Israel and the church. The paramount aim of the dispensationalist is to keep these alleged two groups separate. This accounts for their alleged postponements, gaps, and parentheses in God's program. This is why they will turn heaven and earth upside down in order to win one convert to their school of thought. And why they make this one belief a test of Christian fellowship. This is why dispensationalists are accused of taking glory which ought to go to Christ, and giving that glory to the non-believing nation of Israel. This writer believes they are guilty of this charge.

Jesus taught, in John 10:16, that there was one fold and one shepherd. Paul, the great theologian, certainly knew nothing of God's having two bodies. Let Paul speak: "For he is our peace, who made both one, and brake down the middle wall of partition, having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; that he might create in himself of the two one new man, so making peace; and might reconcile them both in one body unto God through the cross, having slain the enmity thereby" (Eph. 22:14-16)

Paul says here that God took two men (peoples) and created one man (people) from these two. Nor does the apostle teach that God had two peoples even before this. Rather, he teaches that God took Israel (who were his people) and added the Gentiles to them -- grafted the Gentiles, who up to that time had not been God's people -- into the same olive tree. The prophet Hosea had predicted that those who were not God's people should be called his people. This prophecy was fulfilled when the Gentiles were grafted as a wild shoot into the original olive tree of God (Israel).

Just what difference does it make whether one believes God has two peoples rather than one? Many have asked if this is not a minute theological point. The importance of this premise grows in magnitude as one studies the dispensational ramifications growing out of it. The New Testament teaches us that the church is the very apex in Christ's redemptive work and that Calvary was its purchase price. An example of this teaching is Ephesians 1:22,23: "And he put all things in subjection under his feet, and gave him to be head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fullness of him that filleth all in all." Whereas the Bible calls the church the very body of Christ and the very fullness of God, the dispensationalist teaches that the church is doomed to failure, that it is a temporary instrument, and that national Israel will have a far greater ministry, following the removal of the Holy Spirit, than the church will have under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Is this a minor point?

Whereas our Lord himself taught that he carried out the complete will of God the Father, during his earthly ministry, the dispensationalist theology has it that Jesus fully expected to establish the counterpart of David's earthly kingdom (the millennium); that he thought he was going to establish just such a millennium; but that the non-believing part of national Israel frustrated his plans by refusing to accept his offer of himself as an earthly king along with an earthly kingdom. They teach that if the Jews had accepted Christ, the cross would not have been necessary. Is this point important in the light of such scriptures as the following?

"Jesus therefore perceiving that they were about to come and take him by force, to make him king, withdrew again into the mountain alone" (John 6:15).

Now is my soul troubled: and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour. But for this cause came I unto this hour" (John 12:27).

"... Christ: who was foreknown [foreordainted] indeed before the foundation of the world, but was manifested at the end of the times for your sake" (I Peter 1:19; 20)

"But when the fulness of the time came, God sent forth his Son ..."

Many more passages of Scripture could be brought to bear on this subject. These, however, should suffice to show that the events of the first advent were not accidents of chance. They show too that the cross was no afterthought in God's plan of redemption.

This teaching about Israel and the church leads much deeper into theology. However, it is not within the scope of this book to deal in further details with this point. The reader will find much helpful information in An Examination of Dispensationalism.

Oswald T. Allis (Prophecy and the Church, p. vi of the Preface) has given a concise distinction between dispensational teaching concerning the church, as opposed to the views of the great majority of Christians: "According to one view, the Church is the fulfillment of prophecy; according to the other, it interrupts that fulfillment. According to one view the Church age is the 'day of salvation'; according to the other view the Church age is only an episode, even if a very important one, in that day of salvation; and the salvation of Israel and of 'the enormous majority of mankind' will follow the removal of the Church."

Conditional Promises

One premise held by futurists and dispensationalists is that all promises to national Israel were unconditional, and that they are binding upon God regardless of the actions of the nation Israel. Here especially the student of the Bible needs to search out the spirit of the Old Testament and not to become enmeshed in the letter. Many Jews of Jesus' day had made this mistake, aned the result was their total blindness to Jesus' teachings.

Certainly John the Baptist recognized conditions to be binding upon Israel. The fact is recorded in Matthew 3:7-12 that John recognized one such condition to be fruit-bearing. John refujsed even to baptize the leaders of Israel unless they showed evidence of meeting this condition -- "Bring forth therefore fruit worthy of repentance" (vs. 8).

Knowing that they believed themselves to be living under unconditional promises which would accrue to all the descendants of Abraham, John blasted their false hopes by saying: "And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: ... And even now the axe lieth at the root of the trees [including national Israel]: every tree therefore that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire" (Matt. 3:9,10). According to these scriptures, John did not accept the Jewish tradition that to be a natural descendant of Abraham placed one under unconditional promises. John believed and preached that the promise was only to those who "brought forth good fruit." This, then, was a condition.

The paramount condition of the law was the acceptance of that to which the law itself pointed -- the Messiah. Romans 10:4 tells us that Christ is the end of the law. We take this to mean that he was that to which the entire law pointed. Then any person who rejected Christ -- as did many of the Jews, then and now -- is "guilty of the whole law." They have broken the main condition and therefore God is not obligated to force them to be saved.

Jesus recognized that the reception of him was a condition of the covenant with Israel. We have recorded for us in John's Gospel (8:31-47) an account of a conversation between a group of Jews -- who believed in an unconditional covenant -- and Jesus. Jesus brusquely shattered their false hopes. He distinguished between national Israelites and spiritual descendants of Abraham.

When told by Jesus that they should continue in his word, the Jews immediately fell back upon their ancestry and claimed self-sufficiency because of their being descendants of Abraham. Jesus acknowledged that they were natural descendants of Abraham (vs. 37); but then went on to say that if they were genuine spiritual descendants they would have done the works of Abraham. These "works of Abraham" would have been the acceptance of Christ (compare Gen. 15:6 with John 8:39,40,42,47). Jesus concluded that these men, who were definitely natural descendants of Abraham, were the children of Satan and not true Israelites. His proof of this was the fact that they failed to meet the condition of the covenant with Abraham, that is, they failed to believe in the Messiah of God.

It is important at this point to interpreet scripture with scripture. The prooftext method of interpreting the Bible -- this is the method of taking isolated verses out of context -- always leads to confusion. A denomination (Disciples of Christ) was founded by Alexander Campbell, who read such passages as Acts 2:38 to the exclusion of all other passages on baptism. The futurist has made this same mistake in reading the Old Testament passages concerning Israel. He reads such passages as II Samuel 7 as blanket unconditional promises, while ignoring other passages such as I Kings 9:4-9, where the conditions are spelled out. In almost every Old Testament passage used by the futurist to prove unconditional promises to Israel, there are parallel passages dealing with the same account, which lay down definite conditions binding upon the recipient of the promise.

So we see that to take isolated passages from the Bible and build a doctrine on them is a dangerous thing. Whereas Acts 2:38 would appear -- if taken by itself -- to teach baptismal regeneration, there are many other passages which leave no doubt that the candidate must first become a believer in Christ if his baptism is to be valid.

Perhaps we should also remind ourselves of John's statement that the whole world would not hold the teachings of Christ. By this we mean to say that many of God's teachings are taken for granted and are not mentioned every time he deals with a particular subject. In the Old Testament God taught people both blessings and cursings (Josh. 8:34), but did not spell them out in every statement he made. That is to say, the condition was not mentioned every time the promise was given. However, it is impossible to read all the Old Testament without seeing both. When the conditions are not spelled out, they are always understood.

Jonah's prophecy to Ninevah was conditional. Although it is never mentioned in the prophecy of Jonah, the condition was repentance. Proof of this is the fact that Ninevah was not destroyed in forty days. This in spite of the fact that God had instructed Jonah to prophesy: "Yet forty days, and Nivevah shall be overthrown." No provision was mentioned. From all appearances the prophecy was unconditional. However, we know that there was a condition in the mind of God, because he did not destroy Ninevah in forty days. They had met the conditions (understood) by repenting, and thus God had withheld the destruction at that time.

If one were intellectually honest in seeking out the spirit of the Old Testament, he would see just as many definite promises to destroy Israel as to redeem her. Here the futurist, like everyone else, takes these threats to be provisional. He realizes that God meant to destroy Israel unless they repented. In view of the following scriptures, by what authority does one place a provision or condition upon the promises to destroy, while saying there are no conditions attached to the promiss to redeem?

"And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of Jehovah they God, to observe to do all his commandmlents which I command thee this day, that Jehovah thy God will set thee on high above all the nations of the earth.... But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of Jehovah thy God, to obeserve to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day, that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee" (Deut. 28:1-15).

"If ye forsake Jehovah, and serve foreign gods, then he will turn and do you evil, and consume you, after that he hath done you good" (Josh. 24:20).

Compare also Genesis 17:9-14; Exodus 19:5; Deuteronomy 30:15-19; Joshua 8:34; I Kings 2:3,4; 9:2-9; 11:11; II Kings 21:8b; I Chronicles 28:7b; II Chronicles 7:19-22.

While it is not spelled out each time, it is obvious that the conditions were laid down when God made his covenant promises to Abraham. Before he received the blessing, Abraham was given a command: "Now Jehovah said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country,... unto the land that I will show thee: and [then] I will make of thee a great nation..." (Gen 12:1,2).

In Genesis 15:6 we read that Abraham "believed God" and that it (Abraham's belief) was counted unto him for righteousness. Belief here was a condition (understood).

In Genesis 17:9 God very definitely lays down a condition before blessing: "And God said unto Abraham, And as for thee, thou shalt keep my covenant, thou, and thy seed after thee throughout their generations."

A very definite condition was circumcision (Gen. 17:30), with God spelling out the fact that for anyone to disobey this condition would cut him off from the covenant (vs. 14). In 17:23 we read that Abraham immediately was obedient. In Genesis 22:1-12 we have the account of God's testing Abraham's obedience by challenging him to sacrifice his only son on the altar. In verse 12 God is recorded as having said to Abraham, "... now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son, from me." In the verses which follow the account, God specifically says he blessed Abraham "because thou has obeyed my voice."

According to Genesis 26:5, God renewed the covenant with Isaac "because Abraham obeyed my voice anbd kept my charge...." Compare this verse with Hebrews 11:8.

Many of the foundation stones of the Darbyite beliefs are ruled out completely when one discovers that the Old Testament promises to Israel were conditional and that Israel failed to observe these conditions. Thus it was necessary for God to institute a better covenant (compare Jer. 31;31,32; Heb. 8:6,7,13).

A simple chart will show that there were two parties to the contract between God and national Israel:

PROMISES CONDITIONS
Gen. 12:2 ................................................. Gen. 12:1
15:5 ................................................. 15:6
17:4 ................................................. 17:9
14:2-8 ................................................. 17:9
17:10,11 ................................................. 17:14
Ex. 13:4,5
Deut. 28:1-14 ................................................. Deut. 28:15
30:15,16 ................................................. 30:17-19
Josh. 8:34
24:20
II Sam. 7 ................................................. I Kings 2:3,4
9:4-9
11:11
21:8
I Chron. 28:7
II Chron. 7:16-18 ................................................. II Chron. 7:19-23

These are but a few of the conditional passages. The interested reader will find many such passages throughout the Old Testament, where the promises have parallel passages, showing that conditions were attached. At least five conditions stand out clearly as we read the Old Testament covenant promises to national Israel: (1) faith, (2) obedience, (3) circumcision, (4) faithfulness, and (5) acceptance of Christ at his first appearance.

Fulfilled Prophecy Concerning Israel

The disputed promises were made to Abraham and were essentially four in number:

Promise of the Messiah (first advent). Compare Genesis 22:18 with Galatians 3:16.
To make the descendants of Abraham into a great nation (Gen. 12:2).
The inheritance of the land of Canaan by Abraham's descendants (Gen. 22:7; 13:14,15; 15:18f; 17:2-8).
A great posterity (Gen. 13:16; 15:5,6 17:2-8).

All four of these promises having to do with national Israel have been fulfilled literally. Some of them had ramifications now being fulfilled through the church, which includes the believing remnant of national Israel. These latter ramifications include "all the nations of the earth," and were not restricted to national Israel (compare Gen. 22:18 with Rom. 4:16,17).

Paul assures us that this fulfillment will not include the entire nation of Israel, but only the believing remnant: "And Isaiah crieth concerning Israel, If the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, it is the remnant that shall be saved.... And, as Isaiah hath said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had become as Sodom, and had been made like unto Gomorrah" (Rom. 9:27-29).

To be continued...

http://www.neve-family.com/books/jews/Israel&TheChurch.html

Posts: 822 | From: Ireland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bloodbought:
quote:
Originally posted by WildB:
quote:
"In fairness, the times in which a doctrine arises do not prove its falsehood, nor does its novelty. But both novelty and the lateness of origin must weight heavily against any system of doctrine or interpretation. Any man or woman who claims to have rediscovered "lost truth" or has "new light" has the burden of proof on him to prove the validity and surety of his claims. He or she must convincingly show that what he is preaching is in fact the same message that Jesus and the Apostles preached.

But let us examine why the New Testament proves Dispensationalism is in error."

http://www.disciples-of-jesus.net/dispensationalism.html

And how have U proved this out?
John 10:14-16 NAS "I am the good shepherd; and I know My own, and My own know Me, even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. And I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they shall hear My voice; and they shall become one flock with one shepherd.

Not two, but one flock, with one shepherd - Jesus Christ.

John 14:6 Jesus *said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me.

Not two ways, but one - Jesus Christ.

NAS Galatians 3:16 Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. He does not say, "And to seeds," as referring to many, but rather to one, "And to your seed," that is, Christ.

Not many heirs of the promises, but one - Jesus Christ.

NAS 1 Peter 2:9 But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God's OWN POSSESSION, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light

Not two races, but one. Not two priesthoods, but one. Not two holy nations, but one.

Here Peter is quoting from Exodus 19:6 "and you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. 'These are the words that you shall speak to the sons of Israel" and Deuteronomy 14:2 "For you are a holy people to the LORD your God; and the LORD has chosen you to be a people for His own possession out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth." as well as many other Old Testament passages. It is clearly Peter's intention to identify the Church with Israel.

Ephesians 2:11-22 Therefore remember, that formerly you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called "Uncircumcision" by the so-called "Circumcision," which is performed in the flesh by human hands-- remember that you were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one, and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall, by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace, and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, by it having put to death the enmity. AND HE CAME AND PREACHED PEACE TO YOU WHO WERE FAR AWAY, AND PEACE TO THOSE WHO WERE NEAR; for through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father. So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, having been built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together is growing into a holy temple in the Lord; in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

Not two groups, but one.

Paul's explicit purpose here is to tell the "uncircumcised" believers that they are now made one people with the "Circumcision" through a New Covenant, made by God Himself in Christ by way of the cross.

Hebrews 8:6-13 NAS But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, by as much as He is also the mediator of a better covenant, which has been enacted on better promises. For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion sought for a second. For finding fault with them, He says, "BEHOLD, DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL EFFECT A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH; NOT LIKE THE COVENANT WHICH I MADE WITH THEIR FATHERS ON THE DAY WHEN I TOOK THEM BY THE HAND TO LEAD THEM OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT; FOR THEY DID NOT CONTINUE IN MY COVENANT, AND I DID NOT CARE FOR THEM, SAYS THE LORD.
"FOR THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MINDS, AND I WILL WRITE THEM UPON THEIR HEARTS. AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE. "AND THEY SHALL NOT TEACH EVERYONE HIS FELLOW CITIZEN, AND EVERYONE HIS BROTHER, SAYING, 'KNOW THE LORD,' FOR ALL SHALL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST TO THE GREATEST OF THEM. FOR I WILL BE MERCIFUL TO THEIR INIQUITIES, AND I WILL REMEMBER THEIR SINS NO MORE." When He said, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear.

Not two covenants, but one.

Here the writer of Hebrews quotes from Jeremiah 31:31-34, a promise made to "the house of Israel and the house of Judah." The New Covenant was promised to Israel. If the Church is a separate entity and not mentioned in the Old Testament prophets like the purveyors of Dispensationalism insist, then the New Testament clearly must be in error! At the Last Supper did not Jesus say "this is the blood of the New Covenant?" Is not the message of the New Testament a message that God has now instituted this new covenant, and the only thing hidden from the Old Testament prophets was that this new covenant would include not only the "House of Israel and the House of Judah", but all the peoples of the world just as God had promised Abraham: NAS Genesis 22:18 "And in your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice." It is this seed (singular) that Paul refers to as the heir (singular) of the promises, and this seed is Jesus Christ.

I could go on and on, but this should be sufficient for you to start your own investigation. The New Testament is clear: there is but one People of God, the Bride of Christ. Only those espoused to Him are joint heirs of the promises of God. Apart from Jesus Christ no one will enter the Kingdom of God. Dispensationalism may be extremely popular among Evangelicals and Fundamentalists, but it is extremely wrong. Dispensationalism directly attacks the teaching of the Apostles, the Gospel, the Cross, and Jesus Christ. It is just as surely the product of hell as its contemporary - the book of Mormon.

What should we believe then?

•There is ONE way to God through One Covenant and One Savior, Jesus Christ.
•There is One People of God, One Church, One Israel, which consists of all who are in Jesus Christ.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the status of unbelieving Jews under the Law?
But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:

Cursed shalt thou be in the city, and cursed shalt thou be in the field.

Cursed shall be thy basket and thy store.

Cursed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy land, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.

Cursed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and cursed shalt thou be when thou goest out.

The LORD shall send upon thee cursing, vexation, and rebuke, in all that thou settest thine hand unto for to do, until thou be destroyed, and until thou perish quickly; because of the wickedness of thy doings, whereby thou hast forsaken me.

The LORD shall make the pestilence cleave unto thee, until he have consumed thee from off the land, whither thou goest to possess it.

The LORD shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish.

And thy heaven that is over thy head shall be brass, and the earth that is under thee shall be iron.

The LORD shall make the rain of thy land powder and dust: from heaven shall it come down upon thee, until thou be destroyed.

The LORD shall cause thee to be smitten before thine enemies: thou shalt go out one way against them, and flee seven ways before them: and shalt
be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth.

And thy carcase shall be meat unto all fowls of the air, and unto the beasts of the earth, and no man shall fray them away.

The LORD will smite thee with the botch of Egypt, and with the emerods, and with the scab, and with the itch, whereof thou canst not be healed.

The LORD shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart: And thou shalt grope at noonday, as the blind gropeth in darkness, and thou shalt not prosper in thy ways: and thou shalt be only oppressed and
spoiled evermore, and no man shall save thee.

Thou shalt betroth a wife, and another man shall lie with her: thou shalt build an house, and thou shalt not dwell therein: thou shalt plant a vineyard, and shalt not gather the grapes thereof.

Thine ox shall be slain before thine eyes, and thou shalt not eat thereof: thine *** shall be violently taken away from before thy face, and shall not be restored to thee: thy sheep shall be given unto thine enemies, and thou shalt have none to rescue them.

Thy sons and thy daughters shall be given unto another people, and thine eyes shall look, and fail with longing for them all the day long: and there shall be no might in thine hand.

The fruit of thy land, and all thy labours, shall a nation which thou knowest not eat up; and thou shalt be only oppressed and crushed alway:4 So that thou shalt be mad for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see.

The LORD shall smite thee in the knees, and in the legs, with a sore botch that cannot be healed, from the sole of thy foot unto the top of thy head. The LORD shall bring thee, and thy king which thou shalt set over thee, unto a nation which neither thou nor thy fathers have known; and there shalt thou serve other gods, wood and stone.

And thou shalt become an astonishment, a proverb, and a byword, among all nations whither the LORD shall lead thee.

Thou shalt carry much seed out into the field, and shalt gather but little in; for the locust shall consume it.

Thou shalt plant vineyards, and dress them, but shalt neither drink of the wine, nor gather the grapes; for the worms shall eat them.

Thou shalt have olive trees throughout all thy coasts, but thou shalt not anoint thyself with the oil; for thine olive shall cast his fruit.

Thou shalt beget sons and daughters, but thou shalt not enjoy them; for they shall go into captivity.

All thy trees and fruit of thy land shall the locust consume.

The stranger that is within thee shall get up above thee very high; and thou shalt come down very low. He shall lend to thee, and thou shalt not lend to him: he shall be the head, and thou shalt be the tail.

Moreover all these curses shall come upon thee, and shall pursue thee, and overtake thee, till thou be destroyed; because thou hearkenedst not unto
the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which he commanded thee: And they shall be upon thee for a sign and for a wonder, and upon thy seed for ever. Because thou servedst not the LORD thy God with joyfulness, and with gladness of heart, for the abundance of all things;

Therefore shalt thou serve thine enemies which the LORD shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst, and in nakedness, and in want of all things: and he shall put a yoke of iron upon thy neck, until he have destroyed thee.

The LORD shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand;
A nation of fierce countenance, which shall not regard the person of the old, nor shew favour to the young: And he shall eat the fruit of thy cattle, and the fruit of thy land, until thou be destroyed: which also shall not leave thee either corn, wine, or oil, or the increase of thy kine, or flocks of thy sheep, until he have destroyed thee. And he shall besiege thee in all thy gates, until thy high and fenced walls come down, wherein thou trustedst, throughout all thy land: and he shall besiege thee in all thy gates throughout all thy land, which the LORD thy God hath given thee. And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the LORD thy God hath given thee, in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee: So that the man that is tender among you, and very delicate, his eye shall be evil toward his brother, and toward the wife of his bosom, and toward the remnant of his children which he shall leave: So that he will not give to any of them of the flesh of his children whom he shall eat: because he hath nothing left him in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee in all thy gates. The tender and delicate woman among you, which would not adventure to set the sole of her foot upon the ground for delicateness and tenderness,
her eye shall be evil toward the husband of her bosom, and toward her son, and toward her daughter, And toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet, and toward her children which she shall bear: for she shall eat them for want of all things secretly in the siege and straitness, wherewith thine enemy shall distress thee in thy gates.

If thou wilt not observe to do all the words of this law that are written in this book, that thou mayest fear this glorious and fearful name, THE LORD
THY GOD; Then the LORD will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses,
and of long continuance. Moreover he will bring upon thee all the diseases of Egypt, which thou wast afraid of; and they shall cleave unto thee. Also every sickness, and every plague, which is not written in the book of this law, them will the LORD bring upon thee, until thou be destroyed. And ye shall be left few in number, whereas ye were as the stars of heaven for multitude; because thou wouldest not obey the voice of the LORD thy God.

And it shall come to pass, that as the LORD rejoiced over you to do you good, and to multiply you; so the LORD will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nought; and ye shall be plucked from off the land whither thou goest to possess it.

And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone. And among these nations shalt thou find no ease, neither shall the sole of thy foot have rest: but the LORD shall give thee there a trembling heart, and failing of eyes, and sorrow of mind:

And thy life shall hang in doubt before thee; and thou shalt fear day and night, and shalt have none assurance of thy life: In the morning thou shalt say, Would God it were even! and at even thou shalt say, Would God it were morning! for the fear of thine heart wherewith thou shalt fear, and for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see.

And the LORD shall bring thee into Egypt again with ships, by the way whereof I spake unto thee, Thou shalt see it no more again: and there ye shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen and bondwomen, and no man shall buy you.

(Deuteronomy 28:15-68)

Therefore know that when Paul wrote: "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree," (Galatians 3:13) this is the curse of the Law. Better think about this all you judaizers who promote tithing or the Sabbath.

Have not all things things come upon all those who seek to be justified by the Law of Moses?

For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who does not observe and obey all the things written in the book of the law." (Galatians 3:10 NRSV)

But the Scripture has shut up all men under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed. Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, that we may be justified by faith.
But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise.
(Galatians 3:22-29 NAS)

Those false teachers who say Jews have a separate covenant and can be saved apart from Jesus Christ are more wicked than Hitler! For he only burned their bodies, where as these apostles of Satan would have them burn in eternal flame.

Whereas those who love the branches that are broken off say with Peter:

"Repent, and let each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
(Acts 2:38 NAS)

Through Jesus Christ and only through Him, all, (Jew or Gentile, for God now makes no distinction) may enter into the New Covenant of Eternal Life.

To whom was our Lord speaking, and at what time? The discourse on the Good Shepherd was delivered by Christ when He was on the earth at least two years before the Apostle Paul was given his special revelation.

Inasmuch as Paul was the first to receive the truth of the One Body, the "other sheep" in the above context could in no way be the Body of Christ.

But there's more. None of the Apostle Paul's Gentile epistles contain a reference to the members of Christ's Body being sheep, much less a sheepfold. However, these metaphors are found throughout the pages of prophecy, which serves as another distinguishing factor between the two programs of God.

THE HOUSES OF ISRAEL

"Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah" (Jer. 31:31).

Under the reign of Rehoboam the kingdom was divided in Israel. The division proved to be devastating as the ten northern tribes, which came to be called the house of Israel, appointed Jeroboam as their King. He, of course, destroyed the religious unity of the nation when he erected altars at Dan and Bethel and caused the children of Israel to offer sacrifices unto the gods of Egypt (I Kings 12:16-31).

On the other hand, the house of Judah (tribes of Judah and Benjamin) followed in the ways of the Lord and continued to offer their sacrifices in Jerusalem, thus obeying the Law and the prophets. They remained in the Lord's favor in spite of the fact that He allowed them to be carried off into the Babylonian captivity for their lapse of faith. These two tribes were by far the more spiritual tribes in Israel, not to mention that it was in Bethlehem of Judaea where the Prince of Peace chose to be born.

Consequently, some believe that the "other sheep" are the ten northern tribes who will be brought back into the fold at the Second Coming of Christ. Hence, there will be one fold and one Shepherd. We surely concur that there will be a reunification of the tribes of Israel as represented by the binding of the two sticks in Ezekiel 37:15-28.

This, however, must not be confused with the sheepfold. Israel is the sheep of God, whether they were of the northern or southern tribes. The Lord would have never called His chosen people the "other sheep." They are the sheep and therefore the primary fold.

If we say that the ten northern tribes are the "other sheep," then what about the kingdom Gentiles -- where do they fit into the picture?

It is often overlooked, but God had made a provision in prophecy for the Gentiles to be saved through Israel. Thus, they are also said to be joined to the Lord. And Isaiah goes on to add, "Even them [the Gentiles] will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer..." (Isa. 56:6,7). Insofar as the Gentiles are the last non-Jewish converts to be reached under the Great Commission, the classification "other sheep" fits them perfectly. But some are sure to inquire: "Are the Gentiles ever called sheep in prophecy?" Indeed they are, please read prayerfully Matthew 25:31-46.

by Paul M. Sadler

--------------------
That is all.....

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 19 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
bloodbought..wildbilly talks in riddles, make ungodly posts then removes them..
i try to ignore him.. [Frown]

Just like you purged your Profile of your self promoting web site. It is clear to all who talks in riddles and is the ungodly promoter of another gospel and was corrected of your spamming the board.

You of the "legalistic gospel" that pretend to be a jew are the one that do what you accuse others of.

You continue to point the finger at others of preaching a different gospel then throw out your own "legalistic gospel" that Paul warns about...

.........GRACE AND LAW MIXED.

While you entertain the baseball fans with one hand balled up into a righteous fist the other hand is busy planting weed seed in God's garden.

4That the Harpozo is a lie.
5That there is no BEMA.

[rapture]

--------------------
That is all.....

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bloodbought..wildbilly talks in riddles, make ungodly posts then removes them..
i try to ignore him.. [Frown]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nevermind
[BooHoo]

--------------------

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bloodbought
Advanced Member
Member # 4365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bloodbought     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
U have lost the Simpleness that is in Christ.

Your Gospel is a mix match, hodge podge.

Why so?
Posts: 822 | From: Ireland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bloodbought
Advanced Member
Member # 4365

quote:
quote:
"In fairness, the times in which a doctrine arises do not prove its falsehood, nor does its novelty. But both novelty and the lateness of origin must weight heavily against any system of doctrine or interpretation. Any man or woman who claims to have rediscovered "lost truth" or has "new light" has the burden of proof on him to prove the validity and surety of his claims. He or she must convincingly show that what he is preaching is in fact the same message that Jesus and the Apostles preached.

John 10:14-16 NAS "I am the good shepherd; and I know My own, and My own know Me, even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. And I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they shall hear My voice; and they shall become one flock with one shepherd.

Not two, but one flock, with one shepherd - Jesus Christ.

John 14:6 Jesus *said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me.

Not two ways, but one - Jesus Christ.

NAS Galatians 3:16 Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. He does not say, "And to seeds," as referring to many, but rather to one, "And to your seed," that is, Christ.

Not many heirs of the promises, but one - Jesus Christ.

NAS 1 Peter 2:9 But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God's OWN POSSESSION, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light

Not two races, but one. Not two priesthoods, but one. Not two holy nations, but one.

Here Peter is quoting from Exodus 19:6 "and you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. 'These are the words that you shall speak to the sons of Israel" and Deuteronomy 14:2 "For you are a holy people to the LORD your God; and the LORD has chosen you to be a people for His own possession out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth." as well as many other Old Testament passages. It is clearly Peter's intention to identify the Church with Israel.

Ephesians 2:11-22 Therefore remember, that formerly you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called "Uncircumcision" by the so-called "Circumcision," which is performed in the flesh by human hands-- remember that you were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one, and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall, by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace, and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, by it having put to death the enmity. AND HE CAME AND PREACHED PEACE TO YOU WHO WERE FAR AWAY, AND PEACE TO THOSE WHO WERE NEAR; for through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father. So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, having been built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together is growing into a holy temple in the Lord; in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

Not two groups, but one.

Paul's explicit purpose here is to tell the "uncircumcised" believers that they are now made one people with the "Circumcision" through a New Covenant, made by God Himself in Christ by way of the cross.

Hebrews 8:6-13 NAS But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, by as much as He is also the mediator of a better covenant, which has been enacted on better promises. For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion sought for a second. For finding fault with them, He says, "BEHOLD, DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL EFFECT A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH; NOT LIKE THE COVENANT WHICH I MADE WITH THEIR FATHERS ON THE DAY WHEN I TOOK THEM BY THE HAND TO LEAD THEM OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT; FOR THEY DID NOT CONTINUE IN MY COVENANT, AND I DID NOT CARE FOR THEM, SAYS THE LORD.
"FOR THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MINDS, AND I WILL WRITE THEM UPON THEIR HEARTS. AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE. "AND THEY SHALL NOT TEACH EVERYONE HIS FELLOW CITIZEN, AND EVERYONE HIS BROTHER, SAYING, 'KNOW THE LORD,' FOR ALL SHALL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST TO THE GREATEST OF THEM. FOR I WILL BE MERCIFUL TO THEIR INIQUITIES, AND I WILL REMEMBER THEIR SINS NO MORE." When He said, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear.

Not two covenants, but one.

Here the writer of Hebrews quotes from Jeremiah 31:31-34, a promise made to "the house of Israel and the house of Judah." The New Covenant was promised to Israel. If the Church is a separate entity and not mentioned in the Old Testament prophets like the purveyors of Dispensationalism insist, then the New Testament clearly must be in error! At the Last Supper did not Jesus say "this is the blood of the New Covenant?" Is not the message of the New Testament a message that God has now instituted this new covenant, and the only thing hidden from the Old Testament prophets was that this new covenant would include not only the "House of Israel and the House of Judah", but all the peoples of the world just as God had promised Abraham: NAS Genesis 22:18 "And in your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice." It is this seed (singular) that Paul refers to as the heir (singular) of the promises, and this seed is Jesus Christ.

I could go on and on, but this should be sufficient for you to start your own investigation. The New Testament is clear: there is but one People of God, the Bride of Christ. Only those espoused to Him are joint heirs of the promises of God. Apart from Jesus Christ no one will enter the Kingdom of God. Dispensationalism may be extremely popular among Evangelicals and Fundamentalists, but it is extremely wrong. Dispensationalism directly attacks the teaching of the Apostles, the Gospel, the Cross, and Jesus Christ. It is just as surely the product of hell as its contemporary - the book of Mormon.

What should we believe then?

•There is ONE way to God through One Covenant and One Savior, Jesus Christ.
•There is One People of God, One Church, One Israel, which consists of all who are in Jesus Christ.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the status of unbelieving Jews under the Law?
But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:

Cursed shalt thou be in the city, and cursed shalt thou be in the field.

Cursed shall be thy basket and thy store.

Cursed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy land, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.

Cursed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and cursed shalt thou be when thou goest out.

The LORD shall send upon thee cursing, vexation, and rebuke, in all that thou settest thine hand unto for to do, until thou be destroyed, and until thou perish quickly; because of the wickedness of thy doings, whereby thou hast forsaken me.

The LORD shall make the pestilence cleave unto thee, until he have consumed thee from off the land, whither thou goest to possess it.

The LORD shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish.

And thy heaven that is over thy head shall be brass, and the earth that is under thee shall be iron.

The LORD shall make the rain of thy land powder and dust: from heaven shall it come down upon thee, until thou be destroyed.

The LORD shall cause thee to be smitten before thine enemies: thou shalt go out one way against them, and flee seven ways before them: and shalt
be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth.

And thy carcase shall be meat unto all fowls of the air, and unto the beasts of the earth, and no man shall fray them away.

The LORD will smite thee with the botch of Egypt, and with the emerods, and with the scab, and with the itch, whereof thou canst not be healed.

The LORD shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart: And thou shalt grope at noonday, as the blind gropeth in darkness, and thou shalt not prosper in thy ways: and thou shalt be only oppressed and
spoiled evermore, and no man shall save thee.

Thou shalt betroth a wife, and another man shall lie with her: thou shalt build an house, and thou shalt not dwell therein: thou shalt plant a vineyard, and shalt not gather the grapes thereof.

Thine ox shall be slain before thine eyes, and thou shalt not eat thereof: thine *** shall be violently taken away from before thy face, and shall not be restored to thee: thy sheep shall be given unto thine enemies, and thou shalt have none to rescue them.

Thy sons and thy daughters shall be given unto another people, and thine eyes shall look, and fail with longing for them all the day long: and there shall be no might in thine hand.

The fruit of thy land, and all thy labours, shall a nation which thou knowest not eat up; and thou shalt be only oppressed and crushed alway:4 So that thou shalt be mad for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see.

The LORD shall smite thee in the knees, and in the legs, with a sore botch that cannot be healed, from the sole of thy foot unto the top of thy head. The LORD shall bring thee, and thy king which thou shalt set over thee, unto a nation which neither thou nor thy fathers have known; and there shalt thou serve other gods, wood and stone.

And thou shalt become an astonishment, a proverb, and a byword, among all nations whither the LORD shall lead thee.

Thou shalt carry much seed out into the field, and shalt gather but little in; for the locust shall consume it.

Thou shalt plant vineyards, and dress them, but shalt neither drink of the wine, nor gather the grapes; for the worms shall eat them.

Thou shalt have olive trees throughout all thy coasts, but thou shalt not anoint thyself with the oil; for thine olive shall cast his fruit.

Thou shalt beget sons and daughters, but thou shalt not enjoy them; for they shall go into captivity.

All thy trees and fruit of thy land shall the locust consume.

The stranger that is within thee shall get up above thee very high; and thou shalt come down very low. He shall lend to thee, and thou shalt not lend to him: he shall be the head, and thou shalt be the tail.

Moreover all these curses shall come upon thee, and shall pursue thee, and overtake thee, till thou be destroyed; because thou hearkenedst not unto
the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which he commanded thee: And they shall be upon thee for a sign and for a wonder, and upon thy seed for ever. Because thou servedst not the LORD thy God with joyfulness, and with gladness of heart, for the abundance of all things;

Therefore shalt thou serve thine enemies which the LORD shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst, and in nakedness, and in want of all things: and he shall put a yoke of iron upon thy neck, until he have destroyed thee.

The LORD shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand;
A nation of fierce countenance, which shall not regard the person of the old, nor shew favour to the young: And he shall eat the fruit of thy cattle, and the fruit of thy land, until thou be destroyed: which also shall not leave thee either corn, wine, or oil, or the increase of thy kine, or flocks of thy sheep, until he have destroyed thee. And he shall besiege thee in all thy gates, until thy high and fenced walls come down, wherein thou trustedst, throughout all thy land: and he shall besiege thee in all thy gates throughout all thy land, which the LORD thy God hath given thee. And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the LORD thy God hath given thee, in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee: So that the man that is tender among you, and very delicate, his eye shall be evil toward his brother, and toward the wife of his bosom, and toward the remnant of his children which he shall leave: So that he will not give to any of them of the flesh of his children whom he shall eat: because he hath nothing left him in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee in all thy gates. The tender and delicate woman among you, which would not adventure to set the sole of her foot upon the ground for delicateness and tenderness,
her eye shall be evil toward the husband of her bosom, and toward her son, and toward her daughter, And toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet, and toward her children which she shall bear: for she shall eat them for want of all things secretly in the siege and straitness, wherewith thine enemy shall distress thee in thy gates.

If thou wilt not observe to do all the words of this law that are written in this book, that thou mayest fear this glorious and fearful name, THE LORD
THY GOD; Then the LORD will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses,
and of long continuance. Moreover he will bring upon thee all the diseases of Egypt, which thou wast afraid of; and they shall cleave unto thee. Also every sickness, and every plague, which is not written in the book of this law, them will the LORD bring upon thee, until thou be destroyed. And ye shall be left few in number, whereas ye were as the stars of heaven for multitude; because thou wouldest not obey the voice of the LORD thy God.

And it shall come to pass, that as the LORD rejoiced over you to do you good, and to multiply you; so the LORD will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nought; and ye shall be plucked from off the land whither thou goest to possess it.

And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone. And among these nations shalt thou find no ease, neither shall the sole of thy foot have rest: but the LORD shall give thee there a trembling heart, and failing of eyes, and sorrow of mind:

And thy life shall hang in doubt before thee; and thou shalt fear day and night, and shalt have none assurance of thy life: In the morning thou shalt say, Would God it were even! and at even thou shalt say, Would God it were morning! for the fear of thine heart wherewith thou shalt fear, and for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see.

And the LORD shall bring thee into Egypt again with ships, by the way whereof I spake unto thee, Thou shalt see it no more again: and there ye shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen and bondwomen, and no man shall buy you.

(Deuteronomy 28:15-68)

Therefore know that when Paul wrote: "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree," (Galatians 3:13) this is the curse of the Law. Better think about this all you judaizers who promote tithing or the Sabbath.

Have not all things things come upon all those who seek to be justified by the Law of Moses?

For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who does not observe and obey all the things written in the book of the law." (Galatians 3:10 NRSV)

But the Scripture has shut up all men under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed. Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, that we may be justified by faith.
But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise.
(Galatians 3:22-29 NAS)

Those false teachers who say Jews have a separate covenant and can be saved apart from Jesus Christ are more wicked than Hitler! For he only burned their bodies, where as these apostles of Satan would have them burn in eternal flame.

Whereas those who love the branches that are broken off say with Peter:

"Repent, and let each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
(Acts 2:38 NAS)

Through Jesus Christ and only through Him, all, (Jew or Gentile, for God now makes no distinction) may enter into the New Covenant of Eternal Life.

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

--------------------
That is all.....

Bloodbought
Advanced Member
Member # 4365

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 12 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then who be,

Isaac Watts (17 July 1674 – 25 November 1748), is recognised as the "Father of English Hymnody"

What else was found in his Hymnody?

Hint he was before Darby.

--------------------
That is all.....

Bloodbought
Advanced Member
Member # 4365

The Fundamental Error
of Dispensationalism

The basic premise that defines dispensationalism is the radical distinction between Israel and the Church. It is the belief that God has not one, but two peoples; and not one, but two plans of redemption.

It is important to note that Dispensationalism is a relatively recent phenomenon, basically originating in the 1830s with the teaching of John Darby, an Anglo-Irish evangelist. Darby was also responsible for spreading the doctrine of a "secret rapture," another teaching with no prior history in the 1800 years of Christian theology. He later split the Brethren movement in a dispute over whether all churches had to follow his church's rulings on discipline.

Darby's novel doctrines soon found fertile soil in America, and were adopted by men such as D. L. Moody, R.A. Torrey, and C.I. Scofield. They were then institutionalized by Moody Bible Institute and Dallas Theological Seminary. Now Dispensationalism is the dominant "theology" among Fundamentalists and Evangelicals in America. (theology is in quotes because Dispensationalism is more of a hermeneutic lens [system of interpreting the bible] than a true system of theology)

It is interesting and perhaps disturbing to note that John Darby had his revelation of the radical distinction between Israel and the Church in 1827 after a severe accident, the same year that Joseph Smith had an angelic visitation and the revelation of the "golden plates" of the book of Mormon. In the same time frame the baptist preacher William Miller also developed and began to spread his "adventist" teachings about prophesy that would later give birth to the Seventh Day Adventists (Ellen G. White) and then the Jehovah's Witnesses (Charles T. Russell). Of course, in democratic America the truthfulness of a doctrine is determined not by its fidelity to the New Testament, but by how broad its acceptance is!

In fairness, the times in which a doctrine arises do not prove its falsehood, nor does its novelty. But both novelty and the lateness of origin must weight heavily against any system of doctrine or interpretation. Any man or woman who claims to have rediscovered "lost truth" or has "new light" has the burden of proof on him to prove the validity and surety of his claims. He or she must convincingly show that what he is preaching is in fact the same message that Jesus and the Apostles preached. Does one really want to entrust their eternal destiny to men who "discovered" truth hidden from the Church for 1800 years? -that Jesus and His Apostles apparently knew nothing about, or at least did not bother to reveal and explain in the pages of the New Testament?

But let us examine why the New Testament proves Dispensationalism is in error.

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 15 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is dispensationalism?

Dispensationalism is the recognition that God directs man differently at various times. The term comes from the Greek word which means stewardship, management, administration. Let me illustrate. Israel was given the Law as a way of life. They were given a temple, priesthood, sacrifices, etc. This was the administration of God over those people, the total direction of their lifestyle. The church has none of these requirements. We differ also in that we are to go into the world individually and collectively with the message of salvation, whereas Israel was to be a beacon to which others would be drawn in order to worship the living and true God. You can see then that the two dispensations are entirely different.

There are seven dispensations, two of which I have just described. Paul speaks of ages in the past (Colossians 1:26) and ages yet to come (Ephesians 2:7). This would account for at least five dispensations. Some Bible teachers see more dispensations than the seven, and these teachers are called hyper-dispensationalists. Dr. McGee followed the teaching that there are seven: (1) Innocence; (2) Conscience; (3) Human Government; (4) Promise; (5) Law; (6) Church; and (7) Kingdom.

--------------------
That is all.....

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now you did it BigC. Your teaching that Grace Gospel.

You shurly will now be put on the "legalest gospel" hit list.

Here is that "legalized gospel" that the silly on this board teach to which Paul warns about.

5That there is no BEMA
ect ect.

--------------------
That is all.....

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Acts 2, on the day of Pentecost, Peter blames the people of Israel for crucifying their messiah. "This man...you crucified and killed..." (v. 23). "This Jesus whom you crucified" (v. 36). Is this God's message for us today?

We preach the cross as "good news" today in the dispensation of grace, the good news of the grace of God that Jesus died for our sins. But this is part of the mystery--"the Mystery of the gospel" Eph 6:19-- that was still hidden and secret on the day of Pentecost.

Peter did not know the "good news of the cross," it was still hidden in God. He only knew the "bad news" that Israel was guilty of murdering their Messiah.

At least some of the Jewish people in the crowd that day "got the message" and were "cut to the heart" (v. 37). They did not say `Wonderful! My Savior loved me and died for me!' They said `Terrible, we're guilty of crucifying God's Messiah!'

Then they asked, `What should we do?' What would you say to someone today who wanted to be saved?

Paul said: "Believe on the Lord Jesus and you shall be saved" (Acts 16:31). But what did Peter say? "Repent and be baptized for the forgiveness of your sins." (v. 38).

This is obviously not the message for us today, living in the dispensation of grace. We're saved by faith apart from works or water baptism or any ritual (Romans 4:4, Eph. 2:8-9). But Peter was preaching God's message to Israel, and it included water baptism as a requirement for salvation.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I also would also like to Note 2 very careful observations that was just brought to my attention; Look at Galatians 2:7 very CAREFULLY

Galatians 2:7 On the contrary, when they saw that I had been entrusted with THE gospel TO the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been entrusted with THE gospel TO the circumcised

Notice the words I have capitalized..

The word "The" is used both times, which indicates that Paul is talking about the same gospel in both parts of Galatians 2:7.

The word "To" indicates direction. In other words, Paul was talking about the same gospel being sent to two different groups, one Jew focused, and the other gentile focused.

Therefore, we can conclude that there are not two different gospels being spoken of in this verse, but rather one gospel.

If I am wrong, then correct me.

EXACTLY!!!

Galatians 2:7 On the contrary, when they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been entrusted with the gospel to the circumcised.

There are many ministers in the Bible called apostels, (more than the twelve who walked with Jesus)
All were "ENTRUSTED"
All were "sent" (apostle meaning = sent one)

Where ever they were "sent" they carried THE gospel TO that group of people.
When those people heard and "saw" that they were entrusted, they saw other ministers besides Peter and Paul standing before them with THE gospel.

The way some are trying to use Gal 2:7, would make every apostle and minister, beside Peter and Paul, accursed for preaching a false gospel;
that is simply NOT what Paul was saying.

ONE GOSPEL

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
amen Brother Dale and Brother Thunder 7
Paul expounded on problems in the Body and dealt with direct issues where folks were going astray;
but Paul did not start a "New" thing in the "church", nor a different Gospel; but the way the "false" teachers of the Berean Bible society teach....its a disgrace to the Lord Yahushua the Messiah HaMashiach!

To defend this false teaching' is a deception of satan and the lies of the modern day "church"/.....

Burlinger will answer for the false teachings, and so will OHair and Stam...

wildbill has anger issues that he stated himself, and says he has tried to repent of his meaness....

This false interpetation of Pauls letters has led to a OSAS, license to SIN~~~!

Its disgusting to see the leaders here falling for this LIE! and LIES of the false gospel perpetrating from the Berean Bible Society...
wild b if your still trying to "protect" the "baseball fans" maybe you ought to pedal your lies to candlestick park!

Your venom is spreading like a cancer and needs to BE STOPPED!

I do not know how "Know Him" Brother David feels on the subject, but some of the moderators are decieved into this lie, its not a matter of symantics, nor of just misunderstandings, its a different Gospel!

Im not preaching works; tear James 5 out of your bible and throw it away!;

Salvation is a free gift of YHWH, and PAID FOR BY THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF YAHUSHUA HIS SON!

Thats grace, but repentance, love, obedience, come on guys; once your saved its a "cake walk"...LIES,................Thats cheap grace;
salvation costs me nothing and everything!!

yOU HAVE EYES TO SEE; YET YOU CANNOT SEE; YOU HAVE EARS TO HEAR, YET YOU CANNOT HEAR!!!

BLIND LEADERS OF THE BLIND, YOU VIPERS REPENT!

How can you wildbilly be a watchman; when carol has to edit or deleted your posts?

Viper, hypocrit....!

You repent sir, and perhaps YHWH will forgive the intent of your heart!

[Bible]

More dead fish dragging I see.

You of the "legalistic gospel" that pretend to be jews are the ones that do what you accuse others of.

You continue to point the finger at others of preaching a different gospel then throw out your own "legalistic gospel" that Paul warns about...

Its hocus pocus done in a most evil way.

-

Plot

Shemp flips the sunnyside down eggs over his shoulder onto Moe's face. He then asks "Hey, Moe, where'd you get the sunglasses?"
The Stooges are three paperhangers who also look after invalid Mary (Mary Ainslee), who always uses a wheelchair. The seemingly helpless blonde, however, is trying to swindle her insurance company out of $25,000, as she is not handicapped in the least. While the Stooges are at work hanging posters, they are taken by one poster that advertises a great hypnotist, Svengarlic ("He'll steal your breath away!" the poster announces). The Stooges want the hypnotist to work his magic on Mary so that she can walk again, but Svengarlic is more interested in winning an audience by hypnotizing the Stooges. Under his spell, they walk out onto a flagpole high on a building and dance. But a distracted bicyclist knocks Svengarlic over and the Stooges are abruptly awakened. They immediately panic when they see where they are, then the flagpole breaks, sending them flying through an open window. The boys land directly in the insurance office where Mary is about to be handed her check. Startled, she jumps out of her wheelchair, exposing her scheme.

AND IN THE SAME WAY this continued attack plays out...

While you entertain the baseball fans with one hand balled up into a righteous fist the other hand is busy planting weed seed in God's garden.

5That there is no BEMA.
Ect ect..

The Breans do not teach a different gospel and you know it. They teach a different dispensation which you do not understand.

The Abiding Evidences of Salvation
By Cornelius R. Stam

Your faith in Christ Jesus,
The love which ye have to all the saints,
The hope which is laid up for you in heaven
(Col. 1:4,5).

Evidently Paul had never yet seen the Colossian Christians when he wrote to them (Col. 2:1). He had only heard of their conversion to Christ (Col. 1:4,5).

But what had he heard that had convinced him that they were genuinely saved? Our opening passage gives us the answer:

"We heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, and of the love which ye have to all the saints, for the hope which is laid up for you in heaven...."

But was this sufficient evidence that God had worked in their hearts? Would it be evidence enough today?

Some answer: "No. We must have the gift of the Holy Spirit and speak with tongues, or work miracles." And this writer must admit that this once was conclusive evidence of salvation. Our Lord's great commission to the eleven clearly states:

"And these signs shall follow them that believe: In My name shall they cast out devils [demons], they shall speak with new tongues;

"They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover" (Mark 16:17,18).

This is the clear Word of God on the subject, and too many confused fundamentalists and evangelicals run in circles trying to explain it away.

When Peter preached to Cornelius and his household, "the Holy Spirit fell on all them which heard the Word" (Acts 10:44). But how did Peter and his companions know that those of Cornelius' household had received the Spirit? Verse 46 provides the answer: "For they heard them speak with tongues and magnify God." It was this that settled the matter for Peter according to his own testimony in Acts 11:17:

"Forasmuch, then, as God gave them the like gift as He did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, what was I, that I could withstand God?"

And it was this that settled the matter for the apostles and elders in Judaea too, for we read in the next verse:

"When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life."

Ah, but there has been a change in dispensations since that time. In I Corinthians 13:8 we read:

"Whether there be tongues, they shall cease...."

In this same part of I Corinthians we read of other signs1 that were to be done away, but the closing verse of I Corinthians says:

"And now abideth faith, hope, charity [love], these three; but the greatest of these is charity [love]."

These, then, are the abiding characteristics of the true Church in this present dispensation.

The problem with our Pentecostal friends and confused fundamentalists in general, is not that they are not Scriptural in their teachings, but that they are not dispensational; they have failed to "rightly divide the Word of truth."

The first of these three "abiding" characteristics is faith. This is of primary importance, for, "without faith it is impossible to please God" (Heb. 11:6). And faith produces hope . In a world of hopelessness and fear, the believer may "abound in hope." And this hope is no mere wish, for it is founded on the Word of God, "an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast..." (Heb. 6:19). It is the enjoyment, here and now, by faith, of the blessings which are ours in Christ and shall some day be fully realized.

And hope, in turn, produces love. The very passage we are studying speaks of "the love which ye have to all the saints, for [because of]2 the hope which is laid up for you in heaven." The blessings which are ours in Christ draw us—certainly should draw us—closer together. The closer we are drawn to our blessed Lord, the closer we are drawn to each other.

Faith, hope and love, then, are the three abiding evidences of salvation. Any local church where these three characteristics abound is a full church, even if it is composed of only a few members. Any believer possessing these three characteristics in abundant measure experiences a full Christian life.

Water baptism was once required for salvation, and miraculous signs were the evidences of salvation (Mark 16:16-18; Acts 1:8; 2:38), but let us not create confusion and division by efforts to continue on in a dispensation which God has replaced by something better.

The simplest believer in this dispensation of grace is complete in Christ (Col. 2:10), crucified (Gal. 2:20), resurrected (Col. 2:13), and seated in the heavenlies (Eph. 2:6), IN CHRIST. And the genuineness of conversion to Christ is attested by "faith, hope, love, these three," rather than by miraculous signs or demonstrations.

Shall we then seek to restore what God has "done away"? Shall we say, Let us be baptized with water as a testimony and seek the signs for spiritual renewal, even after God has provided something better? Shall we retreat from the substance to the shadows? No! God says: "When that which is perfect [i.e., complete]3 is come, then that which is in part shall be done away....And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three..." (I Cor. 13:10-13).

These three abiding evidences of salvation are brought together in I Corinthians 13:13; Gal. 5:5,6; I Thes. 1:3; 5:8; II Thes. 1:3; Heb. 6:10-12 and many other places in Paul's epistles. Why not look them up, study them prayerfully, and rejoice in the riches of God's grace.

Endnotes

1. In Mark 16:17, et al, these miraculous demonstrations are called "signs," because they confirmed the Messiahship of the Lord Jesus. They were signs of the validity of His claims.

2. This is the sense in the Greek.

3. Referring to the full "revelation of the mystery."

[rapture]

--------------------
That is all.....

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
but the way the "false" teachers of the Berean Bible society teach....its a disgrace to the Lord Yahushua the Messiah HaMashiach!
False teaching of the Pre-trib rapture revealed (Page 2)

barrykind

Advanced Member
Member # 35 posted September 24, 2010 08:53

http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=007354;p=2

-

The Christian message surrounds two great events: the first and second comings of Jesus Christ. As there are two distinct advents, so there are two distinct kingdoms brought to view in the gospel: the kingdom of grace and the kingdom of glory.

The kingdom of glory still exists by promise; it will not be set up until the second advent of Christ. Says the Lord Himself, "When the Son of man shall come in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory: and before Him shall be gathered all nations . .Matt. 25:31, 32.

Who enters the kingdom of grace? Sinners — sinners of all sorts! For grace means favor or mercy to those who are sinful, lost and undeserving. The holy angels do not need or receive grace, and it is not their privilege to enter this kingdom. This kingdom is for the lame, the halt and the blind.

The justified (that is, those within the kingdom of grace) rejoice in hope of the glory of God. They wait, groan and long for their full restoration as sons of God. With Paul they say:

". . . and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with Him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us . . . For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it." Rom. 8:17, 18,22-25.

While sinners enter the kingdom of grace, only sinless beings can enter the kingdom of glory. Says the apostle, "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption." 1 Cor. 15:50.

"Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 0 death, where is thy sting? 0 grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Cor. 15:51-57.

The truth of justification by faith (the kingdom of grace) gives meaning and hope to the doctrine of the second coming of Jesus (the kingdom of glory).

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

amen Brother Dale and Brother Thunder 7
Paul expounded on problems in the Body and dealt with direct issues where folks were going astray;
but Paul did not start a "New" thing in the "church", nor a different Gospel; but the way the "false" teachers of the Berean Bible society teach....its a disgrace to the Lord Yahushua the Messiah HaMashiach!

To defend this false teaching' is a deception of satan and the lies of the modern day "church"/.....

Burlinger will answer for the false teachings, and so will OHair and Stam...

wildbill has anger issues that he stated himself, and says he has tried to repent of his meaness....

This false interpetation of Pauls letters has led to a OSAS, license to SIN~~~!

Its disgusting to see the leaders here falling for this LIE! and LIES of the false gospel perpetrating from the Berean Bible Society...
wild b if your still trying to "protect" the "baseball fans" maybe you ought to pedal your lies to candlestick park!

Your venom is spreading like a cancer and needs to BE STOPPED!

I do not know how "Know Him" Brother David feels on the subject, but some of the moderators are decieved into this lie, its not a matter of symantics, nor of just misunderstandings, its a different Gospel!

Im not preaching works; tear James 5 out of your bible and throw it away!;

Salvation is a free gift of YHWH, and PAID FOR BY THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF YAHUSHUA HIS SON!

Thats grace, but repentance, love, obedience, come on guys; once your saved its a "cake walk"...LIES,................Thats cheap grace;
salvation costs me nothing and everything!!

yOU HAVE EYES TO SEE; YET YOU CANNOT SEE; YOU HAVE EARS TO HEAR, YET YOU CANNOT HEAR!!!

BLIND LEADERS OF THE BLIND, YOU VIPERS REPENT!

How can you wildbilly be a watchman; when carol has to edit or deleted your posts?

Viper, hypocrit....!

You repent sir, and perhaps YHWH will forgive the intent of your heart!

[Bible]

--------------------

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JESUS is the good news,
there is NO other true gospel,
any other is FALSE.

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ask that you would read this, I hope this will bring clarity. I tried to make it plain and simple.

Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Galatians 1:12 For I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ

Galatians 2:7 On the contrary, when they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been entrusted with the gospel to the circumcised

When we look at the two above pieces of scripture, we see that Paul was preaching the gospel given to him by Jesus Christ.

Peter directly was with the Lord being taught of him while he was on earth.

In order to say that there are being taught 2 gospels, there has to be different ideology, differing theology concerning the way one is justified or made right with God; otherwise, you have the same gospel.

Paul said:

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

First question: What gospel did Paul preach? Look at Romans 3:19-26.
Summary:
ALL men guilty under Law(Romans 3:19)
Under deeds of law no flesh justified(Romans 3:20)

(Romans 3:22) Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto ALL and upon ALL them that believe: for there is NO DIFFERENCE:

Romans 3:23 For ALL have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
(Romans 3:24) Justification in Jesus

(Romans 3:25) Christ the "propitiation through faith in his blood" and remission of sins through faith in Jesus

So, the question now is, did Peter, a Hebrew believer, teach a gospel with differing theology?
(It is important to note that if he did, then according to Galatians 1:8 Peter would be accursed)

Peter says
Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Now, what did Jesus say?
Jesus said

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John 3:18 He that believes on him is not condemned: but he that believes not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Conclusion: The same gospel, with the same components were being taught by Paul and Peter; even though Peter has the gospel to the circumcised and Paul had the gospel of uncircumcised.

I also would also like to Note 2 very careful observations that was just brought to my attention; Look at Galatians 2:7 very CAREFULLY

Galatians 2:7 On the contrary, when they saw that I had been entrusted with THE gospel TO the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been entrusted with THE gospel TO the circumcised

Notice the words I have capitalized..

The word "The" is used both times, which indicates that Paul is talking about the same gospel in both parts of Galatians 2:7.

The word "To" indicates direction. In other words, Paul was talking about the same gospel being sent to two different groups, one Jew focused, and the other gentile focused.

Therefore, we can conclude that there are not two different gospels being spoken of in this verse, but rather one gospel.

If I am wrong, then correct me.

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
I will never agree there are 2 Gospels....

unity of Spirit is never meant to agree on false teaching as blatant as the Bearen Bible Society....

The Word of God declares a difference in the Church, the Body of Christ from its inception in Acts 2 under Peter, through the Apostleship and writings of Brother Paul.

The essential and unchanged to us to this day is faith alone in Christ alone.

Romans 14:
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.
8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.
10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 7 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

unity of Spirit is never meant to agree on false teaching as blatant as the Bearen Bible Society....

Please explain this. (1cg - 2ucg = G)and (G-2ucg=1cg) = 2 g not > than G

Galations 2:
7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

--------------------
That is all.....

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 3 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
I am reminded of Brother Pete's,(a Presbyterian Pastor's who I am in administration with on another site), catch phrase.

"In the essentials unity, in the non-essentials grace".

We as Brethren are saved by faith alone in Christ alone.

This being a GRACE BBS I add this....

Heard a story told by a Grace Believer who met another Grace Believer in the middle of the Golden Gate Bridge:

"I was standing in the middle of the Golden Gate Bridge admiring the view when another tourist walked up alongside of me to do the same. I heard him say quietly, as he took in the beauty of the view, 'What an awesome God.'

"I turned to him and said, 'You a Christian?'

"He said, 'Yes, I am a Christian.'

"I said, 'So am I,' and we shook hands. I said, 'Are you a liberal or a fundamental Christian?'

"He said, 'I am a fundamental Christian.'

"I said, 'So am I,' and we smiled and nodded to each other." I said, 'Are you a Covenant or dispensational, fundamental Christian?'

"He said, 'I am a dispensational, fundamental Christian.'

"I said, 'So am I,' and we slapped one another on the back." I said, 'Are you an early Acts, mid-Acts or late Acts, dispensational, fundamental Christian?'

"He said 'I am a mid-Acts, dispensational, fundamental Christian.'

"I said, 'So am I' and we agreed to exchange Christmas cards each year. I said, 'Are you an Acts 9 or 13, mid-Acts, dispensational, fundamental Christian?'

"He said, 'I am an Acts 9, mid-Acts, dispensational, fundamental Christian.'

"I said, 'So am I' and we hugged one another right there on the bridge. I said, 'Are you a pre-trib, or post-trib, Acts 9, mid-Acts, dispensational, fundamental Christian?'

"He said, 'I am a pre-trib, Acts 9, mid-Acts, dispensational, fundamental Christian.'

"I said, 'So am I,' and we decided to exchange kids for the summer."I said, 'Are you a 12 in or 12 out, pre-trib, Acts 9, mid-Acts, dispensational, fundamental Christian?'

"He said, 'I am a 12 in, pre-trib, Acts 9, mid-Acts, dispensational, fundamental Christian.'"I said, 'You heretic, and I pushed him off the bridge!'" -- Author Unknown

The above is sad but all too true, with the exception of being pushed off a bridge, although some may have even considered that! Of course, the shoe could have been on the other foot; that is, the weary traveler might have held the 12 out position -- heaven forbid! The point is, no matter how deeply our convictions may run on secondary issues, they should never disrupt our fellowship together. Issues such as: Are the 12 in or out of the Body of Christ? Was Paul the author of Hebrews? Should we observe holidays? Was Paul in or out of the will of God in Acts 21? Where did the Church begin -- Acts 9, 11, or 13? And on and on we could go.

Our Fellowship in Christ must rest solely on the Fundamentals of the Faith and the Doctrines of Grace found in Ephesians 4:4-6. There is no room for further discussion on these matters. On other areas of the Word of God where we may find ourselves in disagreement, let us "agree to disagree" in a Christ-like manner. This will help maintain the unity of the Spirit among us and glorify God in the process.

--------------------
That is all.....

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

I am reminded of Brother Pete's,(a Presbyterian Pastor's who I am in administration with on another site), catch phrase.

"In the essentials unity, in the non-essentials grace".

We as Brethren are saved by faith alone in Christ alone.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/custom?q=cache:DDWWbVQalnYJ:www.bereanbiblesociety.org/faq.shtml+what+we+believe&cd=1&hl=en&ct=cln

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Can I get a copy of your doctrinal statement?
2. What does the Berean Bible Society believe?
3. What is a "berean" anyway?
1. Can I get a copy of your doctrinal statement?
Absolutely! You can download or print a copy of our Doctrinal Statement in PDF format by clicking on this link BBS Doctrinal Statement.

2. What does the Berean Bible Society believe?
An excellent question! Here is a copy of our doctrinal statement:

WE BELIEVE:
1) The verbal inspiration and plenary authority of the BIBLE in its original writings.

2) The eternal trinity of the GODHEAD.

3) The eternal deity, virgin birth, vicarious death, and spotless humanity of the LORD JESUS CHRIST.

4) MANKIND by nature is sinful and under the condemnation of God.

5) Personal SALVATION is by God’s grace, through faith in the crucified, risen, and glorified Christ.

6) The ETERNAL SECURITY of all the saved.

7) The personality and deity of the HOLY SPIRIT.

8) The essential unity of all believers of the present dispensation as members of the one true Church, the BODY OF CHRIST.

9) The GIFTS enumerated in Ephesians 4:7-16, have been given for the building up of the Body of Christ, and of these, only evangelists, pastors, and teachers are in order during the present dispensation. The sign gifts of the Acts period were temporary in character, and have ceased.

10) The privilege and duty of all the saved to WALK by faith as children of light.

11) The Communion of the LORD’S SUPPER as revealed through Paul for the members of the Body of Christ “TILL HE COME.”

12) All believers are made members of the Body of Christ by One Divine BAPTISM, by which also they are identified with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection. In the light of I Corinthians 1:17, Ephesians 4:5. and Colossians 2:12, we affirm that water baptism has no place in God’s spiritual program for the Body of Christ in this dispensation of grace.

13) The RESURRECTION of the Body.

14) The Pretribulation RAPTURE of the Church.

15) The personal, premillennial RETURN OF CHRIST to reign on earth.

16) The ETERNAL PUNISHMENT of the unsaved dead.

17) The MYSTERY “Hid in God” was the divine purpose to make of Jew and Gentile a whole new thing, that is, the Church, which is Christ’s Body. The revelation of this Mystery was committed to Paul, and it is in his writings alone that we find the doctrine, position, walk and destiny of the Church.

3. What is a "berean" anyway?
Thanks for asking. We get asked that a lot. Being called a Berean comes from Acts 17:10-11. In verse 11 it says that those from Berea (hence, the Bereans) were nobler than the people in Thessalonica because they "received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the Scriptures daily, whether those things were so."

So, when we say that someone is a "Berean" we mean that they do two things: (1) They have an open mind and willingly receive the Word of God when it is taught to them and (2) But then, they check out what they were taught by comparing it with the Scriptures.

Both aspects are important. Some people are so closed minded that they will not even listen to anything new or that might threaten what they already know. Others are so gullible that they accept whatever is told them without ever checking it against what the Bible says. Both extremes are to be avoided.

A Berean is one who has a balanced viewpoint. We listen to what someone has to say because we are eager to learn the word of God more perfectly. We realize that we have not learned it all. But then, we take what we have heard and compare it with the Bible. Then, if both match, we have learned something and increased our knowledge of God's Word, rightly divided.

--------------------
That is all.....

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
but that is not what the Berean Bible Society teach....

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
drew that is not 2 different Gospel ...that the same Gospel preach to 2 different groups of people...

Absolutely BUT with two distinctly different rules/practices/rituals, in regards to the same basic/initial faith in Christ.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

drew that is not 2 different Gospel ...that the same Gospel preach to 2 different groups of people...

--------------------

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

quote:
quote:
The grace dispensation did not change the gospel or the means of salvation
Drew that is true but that is not what he Bearen Bible Society teach.... they teach Paul had a different Gospel....

ask WildB?

Galations 2:
7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

Through the Mystery Divinely revealed to the Apostle Paul, the Church was to be unified and molded by the Hand of God into the Body of Christ.

2 Peter 3:
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

quote:
The grace dispensation did not change the gospel or the means of salvation
Drew that is true but that is not what he Bearen Bible Society teach.... they teach Paul had a different Gospel....

ask WildB?

--------------------

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

quote:
1st off , I will not let it go that I am a legalist.... I trust in the Blood alone for salvation, Yahshua paid the complete price....but if believing the True Salvation has an effect on the way you live is legalism ....I plead guilty....

Drew if you believe Paul preaced a different Gospel than Jesus, James, Peter, John, Matthew, Mark, Luke...you not the Bible student I thought you were...

the Bearen Bible Society know lots of truth but so do the Mormons, and Jehovah witnesses...

God bless you Brother Dale;

The Mormons and JWs preach a different Jesus.

The Berean Bible Society preaches the very same Jesus as you and I follow and have received. We are seeing a separation in degrees and faith practices, not a different means of salvation, and not a heresy.

The difference is in the Mystery which Paul brought which unified the Acts Church with the post Acts Church and formed them into one into one Body. We are ALL one in Christ whether Jew or Gentile.

quote:

The grace dispensation did not change the gospel or the means of salvation, nor did it create another church. What it did was bring together the Acts congregations that had been formed by the preaching of the gospel of Christ, who were under ordinances (Ref. 1 Cor. 11:2), with the post-Acts congregations who were not, into one fellowship (“the fellowship of the mystery” - Eph. 3:9), the “one new man” of Eph.esians 2:15. This could only be accomplished by doing away with the ordinances, i.e., everything that had been associated with Israel, including divine healing, tongues, words of knowledge, prophecies, feasts, ceremonials, Sabbaths, etc.

http://agbsf.com/articles/Rightly-Dividing-Pauls-Epistles

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

1st off , I will not let it go that I am a legalist.... I trust in the Blood alone for salvation, Yahshua paid the complete price....but if believing the True Salvation has an effect on the way you live is legalism ....I plead guilty....

Drew if you believe Paul preaced a different Gospel than Jesus, James, Peter, John, Matthew, Mark, Luke...you not the Bible student I thought you were...

the Bearen Bible Society know lots of truth but so do the Mormons, and Jehovah witnesses...

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
God bless each of you so very much, my beloved Brethren in Christ.

If we lay aside the name calling and personal accusations, is there common ground in Christ Jesus our Lord?

1 John 4:
7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

Luv u Drew, I am not on the offence here.

I am a keeper of the wall and will defend when attacked.

Don't u find it strange that this promoter of the "legalistic gospel" attacks the simplicity that is in Christ with his addendum?

Stam does not promote a different gospel, but only trys to point out the change in dispensation and how that effects the walk today.

We are to hold fast to this change and not think ourselves able to combine and regulate the Grace of God.

Combining others Biblical responsibilities into a "legalistic gospel" and trying to enforce it with a blanket party of hell is just plain evil.

This is the "other gospel" Paul is cursing.

If I am wrong show me, Im from Ioweya.

Proverbs 11:14 Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.
Proverbs 24:6 For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counsellors there is safety.

A multitude not just Dale and Berry.

--------------------
That is all.....

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

God bless each of you so very much, my beloved Brethren in Christ.

If we lay aside the name calling and personal accusations, is there common ground in Christ Jesus our Lord?

1 John 4:
7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 4 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Russell S. Miller preacher of "another Gospel"...part of the cult Bearen Bible Society.....

it is truly sad that people on this board will allow these promoters of a false Gospel to go unchallenged....

Accuse on. Its a greater shame that the promoters of
that other gospel, the legalistic gospel, are not shown the door.

You are no longer worthy 2 be a moderator of this board.

And I am more than confident that your prayers will no longer be hurd.

You best stop your sillyness.

12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.
13 And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good?
14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;
15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.
18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

--------------------
That is all.....

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Russell S. Miller preacher of "another Gospel"...part of the cult Bearen Bible Society.....

it is truly sad that people on this board will allow these promoters of a false Gospel to go unchallenged....

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Opp! heres another one of them Bereans preaching another gospel.

A BOND SLAVE OF JESUS CHRIST
by Russell S. Miller

In Paul's epistles he always opens with his name and, in most instances the phrase, "an apostle of Jesus Christ." But in his epistle to Titus, he opens with the declaration:
"Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness" (Titus 1:1).

Saul, as he was also known, commissioned with authority from the chief priests, was anything but godly in his persecution of Messiah's followers. But suddenly, on the road to Damascus, in Acts 9, the Lord stopped him in his tracks:

"And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou Me? And he said, Who art Thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? ..." (Acts 9:4-6).

When the Lord appeared to Paul, at Damascus, he was most acutely aware of how wrong he had been, and of how ungodly his life had been without Christ, and it greatly humbled him. Years later this once proud Pharisee wrote that it was only God's grace that had made him the man of God he had become--"an apostle" and the devoted "servant of Jesus Christ" in ministering "the gospel of God" to the Gentiles (Rom.1:1-5). In Ephesians 3:7 he further tells us that he was "made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God, given unto me by the effectual working of His power.

"Unto me, who am LESS than the LEAST of all saints, is this GRACE given, that I should PREACH among the Gentiles THE UNSEARCHABLE RICHES OF CHRIST" (Eph.3:7,8).

In our text the word "servant," doulos in the Greek and rendered "bondman" in Textus Receptus, refers to one who serves. Paul was now the willing "servant" of Jesus Christ. Thus he exhorts believers not to be blinded by the devil's lies, "For we preach not ourselves, but CHRIST JESUS THE LORD; and ourselves your SERVANTS for Jesus' sake" (IICor. 4:5). And because Paul was a faithful "bond slave" of Jesus Christ, he wrote Timothy:

"Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto His heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen" (IITim.4:17,18).

--------------------
That is all.....

WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
Amen Brother Dale...

Im in total agreement with you , by the mouth of two or three witnesses let every word be established..............

[type]

Show the Baseball fans where Christ tells one to Keep the Sabbath? You two legalest, that pretend to be Jews, are the only ones preaching another gospel.

Best repent of your sillyness soon lest you 2 be accursed.

Please read slowly and prayerfully and stop kicking against the pricks.

Now let’s read Galatians 1:6-9:

“I marvel that ye are so soon removed from Him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another [another of a different sort] gospel, Which is not another [another of the same sort]; but there are some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.”

It is extremely important that we are not altering God’s plan given to Paul and trusting in some work, such as water baptism, joining the church, keeping the law, some particular part of the law, or going forward in a church service.

See Colossians 2:10:
“And ye are complete in Him, who is the Head of all principality and powers.”

And also Romans 11:6:

“And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.”

As we stated earlier from Ephesians 2:8 and 9, it is “by faith and not by works.” Are you trusting in the finished work of Jesus Christ? Trusting in His death, burial and resurrection alone for your salvation and the total payment for all your past and present sins? If you are not familiar with dispensational teaching and the revelation of the mystery given to Paul, you may well have other questions.

--------------------
That is all.....

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

There is one gospel;
the gospel of Jesus/Yeshua the Christ/Messiah:
any other "gospel" is a false gospel.

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 15 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Brother Dale...

Im in total agreement with you , by the mouth of two or three witnesses let every word be established..............

[type]

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

I have never made a false witnessing against any anointed and never will....

but the preaching of another Gospel will not go unchallenged....

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
HE THAT IS SPIRITUAL would not teach that the Apostle Paul preached a different Gospel than the author and finisher (Jesus)preach....

the Bearen Bible Society of which Cornelius R. Stam is part of a divisive lie, for this reason any time I see them in print where I have the right and responsibility to expose them as false teachers I will do so....they sound good on the surface, just enough truth to be very dangerous!

I will pray they stop their half truths and rightly divide the Truth of Scripture.....

there is not 2 different Gospels in Scripture where by men and women may be saved , there is only one Gospel ...it saves both Jew and Greek exactly the same way ....Grace trough Faith in the finish work of Jesus.

Yahweh help any that believe anything different!

More false witnessing against the anointed.

Shame on you. Every-time I see you do this I will bring you up before the Lord for correction that It would not be held against you at the Judgement Seat of Christ or is it the Great White Throne you will be shown your works and deeds whose rewards will be Hells Fire.?

If the style of the following article seems a little different from Pastor Stam's usual writings, it is because this is an edited transcript of one of his radio messages. We trust it will prove a blessing to our readers.
"Striving Together for the Faith of the Gospel"

By Cornelius R. Stam

"For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

"Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you" (Phil. 1:23,24).

Paul had a great desire to depart and be with Christ; not that he was tired of living, by no means. Under the protection of the Roman government, as one of their most prominent prisoners awaiting trial, he was doing a work that would excite the imagination and interest of any man of God. There was already a church established right amongst Caesar's household, and Paul was known everywhere as a prisoner for Christ. All through the palace and all around about they knew him for this. Oh, no, Paul was by no means tired of living. But the Christ that he proclaimed came to mean so much to him that he longed to see Him and be with Him. This would be far, "far better" than his present state.

Yet, "to abide in the flesh", as he calls it, was still necessary for the sake of the Philippians and others to whom he ministered. So he felt sure that the Lord would keep him on earth for some time to come. And he expressed the hope that he might see his beloved friends at Philippi before too long. And so it was that he wrote:

"Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ:that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

"And in nothing terrified by your adversaries, which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.

"For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ not only to believe on Him, but also to suffer for His sake;

"Having the same conflict which ye saw in me, and now hear to be in me" (Phil. 1:27-30).

OUR CONDUCT AS CHRISTIANS

Did you notice that word "only" with which he opens this appeal? "Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ." This is of primary importance. Be sure that this is done above everything else. All through this first chapter of Philippians the apostle adapts almost all he says—his greeting, the news about himself and his ministry, his expressed desire to go and be with Christ, but the necessity to remain here—he adapts all this to the need for true unity among the Philippian believers. In almost every paragraph, every sentence, many subtle phrases or words are employed with a special view to get them to love each other truly, and to work together. And so it is with that word rendered "conversation" in verse 27.

"Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ."

We find this word again in Philippians 3:20:

"For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ."

A MATTER OF TRANSLATION

The Revised Version never uses this word "conversation" in its translation, for the simple reason that it no longer means what it meant nearly 400 years ago when our King James Version of the Bible was translated. But the Revised Version, perhaps, has not done a great deal better than the King James. In Philippians 1:27 they have translated it: "Only let your manner of life be as it becometh the gospel of Christ," while the RSV renders Philippians 3:20: "Our citizenship is in heaven." Now there is a great difference between a "manner of life" and "citizenship," and beloved, most translations simply render the passage: "Let your manner of life..." or "Let your conduct be...."

What all of these translations have overlooked is that all through this epistle the apostle deals with their responsibility, not as individuals only, but as a Christian assembly, as a group. This word in the original Greek refers not so much to the way we live, as to the way we live together. So the word "conversation" in the Authorized Version is not too far off. Picture three or four men with their heads together and you know they have something in common. The Greek word is the very word from which we get our English word "politics." It's not merely a manner of living, but a manner of living together. How this agrees with the rest of the verse, and with the whole purpose of this letter to the divided Philippians!

"Only let the way you live together be as it becometh [or as is appropriate to] the gospel of Christ, that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that you are standing together."

There are five phrases in this one verse alone that emphasize the idea of unity.

First, "Only let your conversation, the way you live together, be as it becometh the gospel of Christ,

"...that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs that ye stand fast." Don't split and scatter.

Then, "stand fast in one spirit";

"...with one mind...."

And finally, "striving together for the faith of the gospel."

Read that verse again, and see the power of it, as he writes of these Philippians who had allowed a division to come in between them. A division that might, if they let it go, become very deep and wide, and impossible of curing:

"Only let the way you live together be as it becometh the gospel of Christ, that whether I come and see you or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind, striving together for the faith of the gospel."

THE GOOD FIGHT OF THE FAITH

There is another word here that I should say something about. It is not a bad translation, but nearly 400 years ago the word "striving" also meant something different than it does today. The word striving is simply an old English word for fighting. It is the very same word that we would render "fight." Paul wanted them to fight together, not fight amongst each other, but fight together against a common foe. And what were they to fight for?

Ah, many Christians do not see the importance of this; they don't know what it is to "fight the good fight of faith" (I Tim. 6:12). And by the way, when you read the phrase "the good fight of faith" in Paul's epistles, remember that in the original the definite article is there. It should have been translated: "The good fight of the faith." And here in Philippians 1:27 we also have the definite article: "Fighting together for the faith of the gospel." Thus "the faith" is the doctrine, the things to be believed about the gospel of the grace of God.

Do you get Paul's message to these Philippian believers and God's message to believers today? What he is saying in a very tactful way is this: "Don't fight amongst each other. This doesn't become those who proclaim the good news of the grace of God. Rather stand together and fight together for the faith, or the doctrine, of the gospel," for Satan is ever alert to pollute the blessed unadulterated gospel of the grace of God. And he has done this in religious circles all over the land, and all over the world, where they have adulterated and polluted God's pure message of grace through the all-sufficient finished work of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Such a united stand for the good news of grace is bound to arouse opposition, for Satan hates grace. You can mix in a little works, you can add confirmation, you can make baptism necessary to salvation or even add it later—anything, any work, any human work will frustrate the grace of God. In Paul's day it was the Jewish rite of circumcision:

"Behold I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. For I testify again to every man that is circumcized, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace" (Gal. 5:2-4).

"And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work" (Rom. 11:6).

In our day Satan adulterates the gospel of grace wherever it is mixed with works. Where works are even appended to it, to make believers in some way more complete, or more acceptable to God, there Satan largely leaves the situation alone. It is where the gospel of the grace of God is preached in its pure, unadulterated form that souls are saved and brought into the truth:

"But to him that worketh not, but believeth on Him that jus-tifieth the ungodly, his faith [his believing] is counted for righteousness" (Rom. 4:5).

This is the message that our adversary so bitterly hates and so relentlessly opposes. When you emphasize the fact that the believer, the simplest, most humble believer, is made "accepted in the Beloved" (Eph. 1:6); and is pronounced "complete in Christ" (Col. 2:9), it is then that Satan begins to fight.

THE ADVERSARIES OF CHRIST

For this reason the apostle goes on in Philippians:

"Stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel; And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God" (Phil. 1:27,28).

The enemies of the truth read their own defeat in the unity and confidence of the saints of God, and to the saints themselves this is the surest token of victory. So Paul says: "Don't you be afraid, don't you be frightened by our adversaries. But as you stand together for the doctrine of the gospel—for the truth of the gospel of the grace of God—the adversary will see a token of his own defeat. And to you, this will be a token of glorious victory. A victory given by God Himself."

The world has never been able to understand why it cannot make the true Christian afraid. The Christian who relies wholly on Christ has a powerful testimony. Have you ever read that old book, Foxe's Book of Martyrs? Oh, you should read it and see how God has given His people special grace and courage in special times of need. Men, women, yes, and even young lads and maidens have been tortured, burned at the stake, thrown to the lions, and have done these things by choice rather than renounce the Lord Jesus Christ.

Some of you know that my missionary brother, John, just older than I, and his wife Betty, were beheaded by communists in China some years ago. The world would think this was a deadly blow to missionary work there; but do you know what happened? Within one month more than 200 young Christian men and women applied to go as missionaries to that very city in China where John and Betty Stam had been beheaded, and thousands of others consecrated their lives to missionary work at great missionary conferences all over Europe and America.

Years ago the Auca Indians killed five missionaries brutally, beastially, and what happened? Their wives and other missionaries went back to the Indians to win them to Christ, and they have been making significant progress since. The world can't understand this, but it is a fact that the blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church.

THE BOLDNESS OF THE APOSTLES OF CHRIST

"For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on Him, but also to suffer for His sake; Having the same conflict which ye saw in me, and now hear to be in me" (Phil. 1:29,30).

Did you notice it is given to you to suffer for Christ's sake? It is a privilege, it is a privilege in several ways. First it is an honor to suffer for Christ because His cause is just. Do you recall how the apostles at Jerusalem were cruelly beaten for testifying to Christ's resurrection?

"And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for His Name.

"And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ" (Acts 5:41,42).

THE APOSTLE OF GRACE

But for Paul, and for us, it is still a greater honor and privilege to suffer for Christ today. In speaking about his sufferings for Christ, the apostle says:

"Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind [that which still remains] of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for His Body's sake, which is the Church" (Col. 1:24).

The meaning of this passage is not difficult. Christ was not wanted here; they crucified Him, and even after He was raised from the dead, they still would not have Him. They stood by that awful deed, and He ascended as a royal exile to Heaven. But while the world was through with Him, He was not yet through with the world. In infinite grace He left the Apostle Paul here with a wonderful message of grace and reconciliation:

"To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the Word of reconciliation" (II Cor. 5:19).

In effect God has said, "I'll count Christ's death at Calvary as the payment for your sins," and so Paul says in II Corinthians 5:

"Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

"For [God] hath made Him to be sin for us, [Christ] who knew no sin, that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him" (II Cor. 5:20,21).

Did you get it? "We pray you in Christ's stead." He as much as says: You didn't want Christ; you wouldn't have Him here; you crucified Him and said, "Away with Him," but, ah, we are here. He sent us as His ambassadors, and we stand here instead of Christ to beseech you "that ye receive not the grace of God in vain" (II Cor. 6:1).

THE FELLOWSHIP OF HIS SUFFERINGS

But Christ is still rejected and despised today, beloved; His name is cursed and blasphemed on every street corner. And who bears the suffering for this? Not He. He is now forever glorified in Heaven. Paul says, "I am suffering; I am bearing that which still remains of the afflictions of Christ," and furthermore he says, "I rejoice in it."

"That I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings..." (Phil. 3:10).

These are His sufferings inflicted by unbelievers who hate Him, not you, my Christian friend. The hate is really against Christ. So Paul calls it "...the fellowship of His sufferings..." and it is sweet fellowship indeed, for there are rich rewards which such sufferings will gain:

"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory" (II Cor. 4:17).

Ah, little wonder the apostle encourages the saints at Philippi to work together in our passage:

"For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on Him, but also to suffer for His sake; Having the same conflict which ye saw in me, and now hear to be in me."

You ask how much we suffer for Christ today? Well, I stood one day with a group of Christians and asked that same question, and added, I've never even been slapped in the face for my faith in Christ, have you? And to my embarrassment one woman that was present replied: "I have." Later the others told me how this woman's husband had beaten her and had done everything in his power to make life difficult for her because of her faith in Christ. Well, whether you have borne this kind of suffering, or perhaps that cold icy stare, or the cold shoulder that would push you out and give you a poor position at work and give your position to someone else, or whatever—if it's suffering for Christ, it is a privilege and an honor.

"For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on Him, but also to suffer for His sake; Having the same conflict which ye saw in me, and now here to be in me" (Phil. 1:29,30).

Such suffering is sweet because it is the fellowship of His sufferings. It is filling up that which still remains of the world's rejection of Christ, the afflictions that He would be bearing were He here.

THE RICHES OF KNOWING CHRIST

Now, my dear unsaved friend, God does not ask you to suffer to be saved. You should go to India or some other places in the world where pagan religions, and all the sad darkness of superstition prevails. You'd see poor souls torturing themselves in order to make themselves accepted of whatever gods there are. Ah, no, we don't ask you—God does not ask you—to suffer, or to do anything to earn your salvation. God simply says:

"For by grace are ye saved through faith [believing]; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them" (Eph. 2:8-10).

But you say: "Oh, but I've been such a sinner; isn't there something I have to pay? I should think I'd have to suffer something to be made worthy of this."

Ah, no, Ephesians 1:6,7 says that in grace, God hath made us "accepted in the beloved [One]. In Whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace." And in Romans 5:20,21 Paul declares: "The law entered that the offence might abound, but where sin abounded grace did much more abound."

My friend, I don't care what kind of a sinner you are, or what your past has been, and God does not care, because it was all paid for at the cross, where "Christ died for our sins." There in one stroke the great Creator bore the sins that would have sunk the world to hell, and now He offers you salvation through the merits of Christ at Calvary. Oh, believe it and be saved today. In the words of the old hymn1 writer:

"Sinners Jesus will receive;
Sound this word of grace to all
Who the heavenly pathway leave,
All who linger, all who fall.

"Come, and He will give you rest;
Trust Him for His word is plain;
He will take the sinfulest;
Christ receiveth sinful men.

"Christ receiveth sinful men,
Even me with all my sin;
Purged from every spot and stain,
Heaven with Him I enter in.

"Sing it o'er and o'er again;
Christ receiveth sinful men;
Make the message clear and plain;
Christ receiveth sinful men."

Endnote

1. What a grand old hymn, "Christ Receiveth Sinful Men," by James McGranahan.

--------------------
That is all.....

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

HE THAT IS SPIRITUAL would not teach that the Apostle Paul preached a different Gospel than the author and finisher (Jesus)preach....

the Bearen Bible Society of which Cornelius R. Stam is part of a divisive lie, for this reason any time I see them in print where I have the right and responsibility to expose them as false teachers I will do so....they sound good on the surface, just enough truth to be very dangerous!

I will pray they stop their half truths and rightly divide the Truth of Scripture.....

there is not 2 different Gospels in Scripture where by men and women may be saved , there is only one Gospel ...it saves both Jew and Greek exactly the same way ....Grace trough Faith in the finish work of Jesus.

Yahweh help any that believe anything different!

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

by Cornelius R. Stam

"He that is spiritual judgeth [discerneth] all things, yet he himself is judged [discerned] of no man" (I Cor. 2:15).

The truly spiritual man is so far above the wisest sages of this world, yes, so far above the mass of Christians with whom he comes into contact, that he can understand them, but they can never quite understand him.

We should all long to be truly spiritual, but what is true spirituality?

In the Pauline Epistles the human race is divided, by the Spirit, into four classes: the natural man, the babe in Christ, the carnal Christian, and the spiritual Christian.

All four of these are referred to in one passage of Scripture (I Cor. 2:14--3:4) and it should be noted that they are classified according to their ability to appreciate and assimilate "the things of God" as revealed in His Word.

Through diligent, prayerful study of the Word, and with a sincere desire to obey it, the spiritual man has come to know God and the Lord Jesus Christ more and more intimately. Babes in Christ and carnal believers about him cannot "discern" him, simply because they have not come to know God as he. But he, having grown to spiritual maturity, quite understands them. He is among those of whom it is written:

"But strong meat [solid food] belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil" (Heb. 5:14).

--------------------
That is all.....

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement