Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Why its difficult to work with a church

Author Topic: Why its difficult to work with a church
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John I walked away from being a member of the church I was attending because they wanted 2 shake me down for a tithe. I asked them 2 show me any member that was giving a 110% then I would 2. I guess I asked the wrong question.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jwolf6589
Community Member
Member # 8359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jwolf6589     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are many reasons why I have difficulty working with a church and why Para church is better. For one many of them appear very opinionated and biased and just plain unfair. I do a bit of evangelism and notice that every single church has their own opinions on tracts, and styles of tracts. Some churches dislike tracts, some love them, and they all have a preference. In my church they have their preference, but in the Fundamentalist churches they have theirs. As an evangelist I have seen pro's and con's of various tracts and utilize at least 7 different tract ministries. I almost got a Masters Degree from a seminary, and have a BA in Church Education. In my church a new joe has showed up who does not even have a BA or been to Bible College. Yet he has a attractable personality, and the leader loves him. He was teaching long before he held a membership (something not Biblical) and know he dictates the tracts that our church uses. I tried to suggest some other tracts but everyone ignores me. One of the tracts he has introduced does not even give a gospel presentation yet no one questions it. I spoke about it, but everyone ignores me. This tract gives no gospel presentation at all, but is all about fun and games. Someone will read that tract and not even know that he needs to repent, or does not even know what sin is.

So you see why I have difficulty working with a church? I work alone and have started my own para church ministry. I get enough emails and calls to keep me busy. Some criticize me because I do not operate the way they do, but I usually ignore all their criticism unless they can prove their case by a strong argument, and deep exegesis, which sadly few take the time to make, or lack the ability to make a strong argument.

I hate it that I work apart from the church, but I am just so sick and tired of the way that most operate. I mean if its unbiblical then they have a case, but sadly most of its just a preference thing. I try and use the tracts that are Biblical and I realize that the tract ministry my church uses is not the best in every category contrary to what they believe.

John

Posts: 12 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement