Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Lost

Author Topic: Lost
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 15 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"For the Son if man is come to seek
and to save that which is lost".
Luke 19:10

Stories abound about people becoming lost while on hunting trips or a nature hikes in the wilderness. I can remember a cold November morning that I became lost while squirrel hunting in some woods not far from where I lived. The funny thing about being lost is that you don't realize it until you're ready to return home. Then it hits you, which way do I go? I'm lost!
While walking and trying to figure out where I was and which way I needed to go, I came upon another hunter sitting a the base of a tree. I recognized him almost immediately as he lives in my area. I eased over to where he was sitting and offered him some coffee that I had in my thermos. We talked for a moment but I never mentioned the fact that I was lost, I didn't have to. He could tell by my demeanor and by the way I was walking as he watched me coming through the woods. He pointed me in the right direction and I thankfully and shamefully headed for home.

Jesus said "For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost ". The word "lost" that we see here is a the same kind of lost that I found myself in, but spiritually. They were those that were lost to the knowledge of God's saving grace and to eternal life. The problem is that they don't know that they are lost and heading in the wrong direction until someone points it out to them. Pride will often prevent most from ever asking how to be saved from their lost condition but it will be recognizable by their demeanor. Some have spent their whole life hunting for the real meaning of life and have no idea where there real home is. Jesus said that this was the very reason that He came, to seek and save those that are lost. While here, he commissioned others to do the same in pointing the lost in the right direction. "But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost, (2 Corinthians 4:3).
Friend, do you know your way home? Are you "lost" to the realization that Jesus Christ gave his life so that you might have eternal life? The revelation that God presents to us is that if we are lost, we don't have to stay lost. God did not put us on this earth to be lost and not able to find home. Look to Christ today or you may be lost forever.

Daily Nuggets
Charles Sonnier
11/8/2010

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement