Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Sad, But True

Author Topic: Sad, But True
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"He said, 'I am a 12 in, pre-trib, Acts 9, mid-Acts, dispensational, fundamental Christian.'"I said, 'You heretic, and I pushed him off the bridge!'" --
one thing for sure we can deduce from the story....we know for sure the one that pushed the other off the bridge was in the flesh...

had he been in the Spirit he would never resorted to violence.....

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good post WildB. Sometimes we give more glory to our theology than we give to our majestic Lord Jesus Christ.
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Z
Advanced Member
Member # 8389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dispensationalism was explained to me a while back. But I forgot.

I did not follow most of this. Praise God!

Posts: 46 | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 5 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by powerhouse:
I didn't understand most of that... but I got the gist of it. Thanks for posting!

What is this all about? Its from your web page.
http://powerpodcasts.blogspot.com/2010/11/meditations-on-love-part-4-love-fu.html
Recent Powerhouse Podcasts
Meditations on Love, Part 4: Love Fu
November 7, 2010In our audio teaching The Art of Fighting Without Fighting, we discussed the spiritual aspect of Bruce Lee’s style from the motion picture Enter the Dragon.  -
Feel free to click the link above to download or listen to that album.

This podcast takes a look at the same topic... but from the perspective on our Meditations on Love.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
powerhouse
Advanced Member
Member # 3826

Icon 1 posted      Profile for powerhouse   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't understand most of that... but I got the gist of it. Thanks for posting!

--------------------
The Powerhouse Ministry
Blogs, Podcasts, Books and More
100% Free

Posts: 89 | From: Beverly Hills, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by Paul M. Sadler

Scripture Reading:

"Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall." -- I Corinthians 10:12

Heard a story told by a Grace Believer who met another Grace Believer in the middle of the Golden Gate Bridge:

"I was standing in the middle of the Golden Gate Bridge admiring the view when another tourist walked up alongside of me to do the same. I heard him say quietly, as he took in the beauty of the view, 'What an awesome God.'

"I turned to him and said, 'You a Christian?'

"He said, 'Yes, I am a Christian.'

"I said, 'So am I,' and we shook hands. I said, 'Are you a liberal or a fundamental Christian?'

"He said, 'I am a fundamental Christian.'

"I said, 'So am I,' and we smiled and nodded to each other." I said, 'Are you a Covenant or dispensational, fundamental Christian?'

"He said, 'I am a dispensational, fundamental Christian.'

"I said, 'So am I,' and we slapped one another on the back." I said, 'Are you an early Acts, mid-Acts or late Acts, dispensational, fundamental Christian?'

"He said 'I am a mid-Acts, dispensational, fundamental Christian.'

"I said, 'So am I' and we agreed to exchange Christmas cards each year. I said, 'Are you an Acts 9 or 13, mid-Acts, dispensational, fundamental Christian?'

"He said, 'I am an Acts 9, mid-Acts, dispensational, fundamental Christian.'

"I said, 'So am I' and we hugged one another right there on the bridge. I said, 'Are you a pre-trib, or post-trib, Acts 9, mid-Acts, dispensational, fundamental Christian?'

"He said, 'I am a pre-trib, Acts 9, mid-Acts, dispensational, fundamental Christian.'

"I said, 'So am I,' and we decided to exchange kids for the summer."I said, 'Are you a 12 in or 12 out, pre-trib, Acts 9, mid-Acts, dispensational, fundamental Christian?'

"He said, 'I am a 12 in, pre-trib, Acts 9, mid-Acts, dispensational, fundamental Christian.'"I said, 'You heretic, and I pushed him off the bridge!'" -- Author Unknown

The above is sad but all too true, with the exception of being pushed off a bridge, although some may have even considered that! Of course, the shoe could have been on the other foot; that is, the weary traveler might have held the 12 out position -- heaven forbid! The point is, no matter how deeply our convictions may run on secondary issues, they should never disrupt our fellowship together. Issues such as: Are the 12 in or out of the Body of Christ? Was Paul the author of Hebrews? Should we observe holidays? Was Paul in or out of the will of God in Acts 21? Where did the Church begin -- Acts 9, 11, or 13? And on and on we could go.

Our Fellowship in Christ must rest solely on the Fundamentals of the Faith and the Doctrines of Grace found in Ephesians 4:4-6. There is no room for further discussion on these matters. On other areas of the Word of God where we may find ourselves in disagreement, let us "agree to disagree" in a Christ-like manner. This will help maintain the unity of the Spirit among us and glorify God in the process.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement