Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Forget not to love Yahweh!

Author Topic: Forget not to love Yahweh!
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by barrykind:
wildb states:
quote:
believe....

Berry don't care that some of the baseball fans arnt as Berryiknightetd as he?

[ October 29, 2010, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: Carol Swenson ]

Maybe I enhanced your speech by correcting your mistakes of grammar and non-holyness towards the Lord

--------------------

i did not get to see the rest of your post; i guess it was another BBS rule breaker.

[BooHoo]

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wildb states:
quote:
believe....

--------------------

i did not get to see the rest of your post; i guess it was another BBS rule breaker.

[BooHoo]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe....

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have thought of this post and believe that Yahushua would speak to you on your level.

we are all at different levels in the LORD [Master];
the Holy Spirit will speak to us on our level (without sin,nor compromise).;.

Im still pondering your words my brother!

[type]

[hug]

--------------------

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Brother Barry,
In reference to the Name of the Lord:

A while ago I prayed in the night to the Lord concerning an issue that troubled my heart....... and just prior to waking up the following morning, I received an answer from the Holy Spirit. I was confident that it was the Holy Spirit who spoke for the following reasons:

#1 That it was an answer to my question
#2 That the answer immediately immersed me in a sense of peace and comfort as I quickly remembered my prayer question to the Lord.
#3 The fact that the Holy Spirit spoke to me in the third person about Jesus. Jesus taught that the Holy Spirit will speak truth about Him.............

The Holy Spirit said to me these five words ....... "Jesus did not exalt Himself"

My question to you: If it is a sin(using the Name of the Lord in vain/carelessly), then why would the Holy Spirit have used the Name "Jesus" when He spoke to me?

Sidenote: If the Holy Spirit did use the Name Yahushua when He gave me answer to my prayer.........Im not sure I would have known(unless the spirit immediately made it known to me) who Yahushua is? With the Name Jesus being used I immediately understood it to be making reference to the Saviour Son of God.

What is your take on this? We know that the Holy Spirit cannot sin.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An Ethical Question about the Law (Matt. 22:34-40)

“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” (Matt. 22:36, NASB) We have every reason to believe that he asked the question in sincerity and with a humble attitude.

This was not a new question, for the scribes had been debating it for centuries. They had documented 613 commandments in the Law, 248 positive and 365 negative. No person could ever hope to know and fully obey all of these commandments. So, to make it easier, the experts divided the commandments into “heavy” (important) and “light” (unimportant). A person could major on the “heavy commandments” and not worry about the trivial ones.

The fallacy behind this approach is obvious: You need only break one law, heavy or light, to be guilty before God. “For whosoever shall keep the whole Law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all” (James 2:10).

Jesus quoted the “Shema” (Deut. 6:4), a statement of faith that was recited daily by every orthodox Jew. (The word Shema comes from the Hebrew word which means “to hear.”) The confession of faith begins with, “Hear, O Israel!”) The greatest commandment is to love God with all that we are and have—heart, soul, mind, strength, possessions, service. To love God is not to “have good feelings about Him,” for true love involves the will as well as the heart. Where there is love, there will be service and obedience.

But love for God cannot be divorced from love for one’s neighbor; so Jesus also quoted Leviticus 19:18 and put it on the same level as the Shema. All of the Law and the Prophets hang on both of these commandments. We might add that the teachings of the Epistles in the New Testament agree with this statement. If a man really loves God, he must also love his brother and his neighbor (1 John 3:10-18; 4:7-21).

If we have a right relationship with God, we will have no problems with His commandments. Love is the basis for obedience. In fact, all of the Law is summed up in love (Rom. 13:8-10). If we love God, we will love our neighbor; and if we love our neighbor, we will not want to do anything to harm him.

But Jesus had a deeper meaning to convey in this marvelous answer. The Jews were afraid of idolatry. When Jesus claimed to be God, they opposed Him because they could not believe it was right to worship a creature. Jesus received worship and did not rebuke those who honored Him. Was this idolatry? No, because He is God! But if the Law commands us to love God and our neighbor, then it would not be wrong for the Jews to love Jesus. Instead, they were plotting to kill Him. He had said to them one day, “If God were your Father, you would love Me” (John 8:42). They accepted the authority of the Law, yet they refused to obey it in their lives.

(Wiersbe)

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
Thank you, yahsway. I am more comfortable saying Jesus. This is the Name I grew up learning to love and the Name I pray in. I pray in the Name of Jesus. I have no problem with anyone using the Name of Jesus in the language they speak. God can speak all languages and there is no one who calls out to Him that God does not understand His own Name in. God knows the heart and I don't believe He would ever turn anyone away because they called out to Him in their own language.
betty

Berry throws it out there like he has it all figured out.

It is very clear to all his snobness.

--------------------
That is all.....

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, yahsway. I am more comfortable saying Jesus. This is the Name I grew up learning to love and the Name I pray in. I pray in the Name of Jesus. I have no problem with anyone using the Name of Jesus in the language they speak. God can speak all languages and there is no one who calls out to Him that God does not understand His own Name in. God knows the heart and I don't believe He would ever turn anyone away because they called out to Him in their own language.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As my husband and my calling is to the Jew, we prefer to use Yeshua, but have no problem with using the name Jesus.
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question: "If His name was Yeshua, why do we call Him Jesus?"

Answer: Yeshua is the Hebrew name, and its English spelling is “Joshua.” Iesous is the Greek transliteration of the Hebrew name, and its English spelling is “Jesus.” Thus, the names Joshua and Jesus are essentially the same; both are English pronunciations of the Hebrew and Greek names for the Lord. (For examples of how the two names are interchangeable, see Acts 7:45 and Hebrews 4:8 in the KJV. In both cases, the word Jesus refers to the Old Testament character Joshua.)

In German, our English word “book” is buch. In Spanish, it becomes a libro; in French, a livre. The language changes, but the object itself does not. In the same way, we can refer to Jesus as “Jesus,” “Yeshua,” or “YehSou” (Cantonese), without changing His nature. In any language, His name means “the Lord Is Salvation.”

We refer to Him as “Jesus” because, as English-speaking people, we know of Him through English translations of the Greek New Testament. Scripture does not value one language over another, and it gives no indication that we must resort to Hebrew when addressing the Lord.

The command is to “call on the name of the Lord,” with the promise that we “shall be saved” (Acts 2:21; Joel 2:32). Whether we call on Him in English, Korean, Hindi, or Hebrew, the result is the same: the Lord is salvation.

Recommended Resource: Jesus: The Greatest Life of All by Charles Swindol

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
maybe this one will work, not sure

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucVEqgv8isk

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

link doesn't work

--------------------

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

www.youtube.com/watch?V=5hg6rwGwDCY
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I have to say I agree with WildB. I speak English. I read the Bible in English and when I got saved, I asked Jesus in my heart.
betty

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 16 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by barrykind:
I would like to say to all people:

Forget not to love Yahweh!

Yahushua the Messiah is the perfect example.

Specketh englashesth toeth the baseball fans.

Whats a yahsawa and a yeway?

My Lord is Jesus Christ.

GET IT!

JESUS CHRIST

--------------------
That is all.....

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 4 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to say to all people:

Forget not to love Yahweh!

Yahushua the Messiah is the perfect example. He is the ultimate pattern of righteousness. Lets examine a comment that He made concerning the law of Yahweh:

Matthew 22:36 - Rabbi, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 - Yahushua said unto him, Thou shalt love YAHWEH thy Elohim with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 - This is the first and great commandment. 39 - And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Yahushua did teach that the essence of the Law and Prophets was love. All the commandments written have to do with loving Yahweh and/or loving our neighbor. Some would say that if you do these commandments, you need not follow the Torah. But Yahushua wasn't teaching that at all. He was only pointing out that all of Yahweh's commandments had to do with loving Yahweh and loving our neighbor.

Matthew 22:40 - On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

So if one refuses to obey a commandment in the Torah, then based on Yahushua's words here they aren't walking in love! Today this is what we are starting to hear. The "love" message. But there are many evil things that wear the cloak of love. Nearly all the major religions focus on loving our neighbor, yet they are walking in darkness. Mothers who choose to murder their children in the womb often say "This child would not be brought into a happy world where I would have the ability to support him/her, therefore I will stop it from happening". To one who in unaware of the fact that it is a real baby in the womb and not a blob of tissue might be deceived by this evil cloaked as an act of love. But Yahweh knew long ago. Yahweh says that this child is a life!

Exodus 21:22 - If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. 23 - And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life, 24 - Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 - Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

There are other examples of people who do wickedness yet as long as they can find some way to say it is love, they are accepted by the world. We need to beware of this! I believe that Satan lives in a world of grays. It's often the gray area that he does his work in. It is when something seems to be neither black nor white that he can deceive. So we can see that for the most part, it is honorable in the world to TRY loving their neighbor...but by their own standards. Whether you do it or not doesn't matter so much...as long as you try but Yahweh's word has a much higher standard than does the world.

Let's examine the Ten Commandments that have to do with loving our neighbor:

Exodus 20:12 - Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which YAHWEH thy Elohim giveth thee. 13 - Thou shalt not kill. 14 - Thou shalt not commit adultery.
15 - Thou shalt not steal. 16 - Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. 17 - Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his *** , nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Note that this last commandment can only be broken in someone's own heart.

Now mainstream Christianity does usually teach that we should do these last 6 commandments. This is fine, HOWEVER the MOST important commandment according to Yahushua is that we love Yahweh with all our heart, soul and might! It is the first and greatest commandment

Let's examine the first four of these ten commandments:

Exodus 20:1 - And Elohim spake all these words, saying, 2 - I am YAHWEH thy Elohim, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 3 - Thou shalt have no other elohim before me. 4 - Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5 - Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I YAHWEH thy Elohim am a jealous Elohim, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

These first two commandments have to do with avoiding idolatry. Idolatry is a real problem today also! Paganism is rampant in a lot of Christian worship including the festivals, the crosses, the steeples (obelisks), the SUNday worship, etc etc [Frown]

But there is another aspect to this commandment. I believe that if anyone knowingly sins, no matter what that sin is...they are also committing idolatry!

Colossians 3:5 - Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

Notice that covetousness IS idolatry. So we do need to beware of these things!

6 - For which things' sake the wrath of YAHWEH cometh on the children of disobedience: 7 - In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.

Consider also...

1Samuel 15:23 - For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of YAHWEH, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

This is what Yahweh had said to Samuel

So any time that we refuse to obey the word of Yahweh, we are setting OURSELVES up as a deity and putting our own ways before Him in our rebellion

Therefore if we think that it is only the ten commandments that we must obey, we should think twice because if Yahweh's word for instance says not to eat unclean animals and we refuse...we are also disobeying one of the Ten commandments! We are choosing our own will rather than Yahweh's will.

Let's look at another commandment often ignored today...

Many take the third commandment to mean that we should not curse Yahweh's name. It certainly does mean this. However it also means that we should not replace His name with a substitute such as "the Lord" ..

Deuteronomy 5:11 - Thou shalt not take the name of YAHWEH thy Elohim in vain: for YAHWEH will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

The original Hebrew word for "vain" in this passage refers to Strong's word #7723 in the Hebrew Lexicon. This Hebrew word is "Shaw" which means desolating, vain, vanity, or falsehood.

Now let us look here in these same ten commandments where we will find this same Hebrew word but it is translated differently:

Deuteronomy 5:20 - Neither shalt thou bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Here we have the same Hebrew word <7723> translated false! If we substitute Yahweh's name for something else are we not being a false witness? Are we not promoting falsehood..falsifying His name? Yahweh's name has been taken out of the way thereby making it vain. But we should know that Yahweh's name is not vain! Based on the Hebrew here, The third commandment could just as easily be translated:

"Thou shalt not falsify the name of Yahweh thy Elohim: for Yahweh will not hold (him) guiltless that falsifies His name"

So if we want to keep the ten commandments, we should never replace Yahweh's name with a false one. Doing so would be breaking the third commandment.

Now let's consider the fourth commandment...

Exodus 20:8-11 - Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of YAHWEH thy Elohim: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days YAHWEH made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore YAHWEH blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Notice is that if you look at what the scriptures say concerning the time that Yahushua lived in, He never had to teach anyone to keep the Sabbath.

It was already being kept...though wrongly. Yahushua didn't have to teach anyone that they must keep the feast day Sabbaths. They were already being kept!

In fact, Yahushua didn't need to teach a whole lot on those commandments that dealt with loving or serving Yahweh with the exception of the fact that the leaders were not serving Yahweh with their heart but rather to receive glory from men. In those days, it was honorable to serve Yahweh.

What He DID teach were commandments having to do with loving our neighbor which were being ignored or changed to fit the situation. Here is one among many examples:

Matthew 15:3-9 - But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of YAHWEH by your tradition? For YAHWEH commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death. But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of YAHWEH of none effect by your tradition. Ye hypocrites, well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying, This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Isn't this about the same situation that we deal with today? People say we don't have to do this commandment anymore because (insert excuse here!).

So this is the kind of teaching that Yahushua had to deal with. He never had to tell them to 'keep the Sabbath, keep the feasts, eat clean foods' for they were already doing these things. In fact they were adding to Yahweh's law concerning these subjects but subtracting in other places!

But what has happened now is a total shift in interpretation. All that people seem to care about now is the commandments that have to do with loving our neighbor. These are the ones that are accepted in this world for the most part. You will receive little persecution for doing them. Now all we hear is "Love your neighbor...Love your neighbor..." What about loving Yahweh by keeping the commandments that have to do with how we worship Him?? This has all been forgotten!!!

People have done a complete 180 degree shift of direction compared to the people of that time. All they care about is the heart. This is important, I agree...But we shouldn't be misguided to the point that our own heart deceives us!

Jeremiah 17:9 - The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

People are too busy listening to their own heart and not listening to the Spirit of Yahweh!

Indeed the word of Yahweh IS Spirit.

John 6:63 - It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Therefore they are listening to their heart and not to His word. His word asks certain things of us. Yahweh doesn't want us to look at His word and then decide whether or not it matters depending on our heart. He wrote these words so that we would learn how to love HIM. Men have transgressed the laws of Yahweh (they say what matters is the heart), changed the ordinances of Yahweh (like keeping Easter rather than Passover) and broken the everlasting covenant (they say it is done away with!) Isaiah prophesied that this would take place in the end times:

Isaiah 24:1-5 Behold, YAHWEH maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof. And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury so with the giver of usury to him. The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for YAHWEH hath spoken this word. The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of theearth do languish. The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.

See....we can know why!

Isaiah 24:6 - Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

So what caused this shift in thinking? Of course the source is none other than Satan but I believe that it may have started with the Jewish persecution of believers in Yahushua and also the Jewish uprising against Rome that sparked the eventual temple destruction in 70 CE. Soon after this began a very ANTI Jewish anything. The way of life that the Torah presents (keeping the 7th day Sabbath, the feast days, eating kosher foods, etc) became associated with the Jews.

Therefore, anyone adhering to these things were considered "Jewish" and therefore were persecuted along with the Jews by the Greeks. This is all historical fact. The greeks legislated their culture on everyone. The effects of this culture can be felt even today.

But we should recognize that the law is not a Jewish law. It is Yahweh's law. This is not the Jewish way of life, this is the way of life that Yahweh would have us walk in! The Sabbath is HIS DAY:

Isaiah 58:13 - If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of YAHWEH, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

It is His holy day...the holy day of Yahweh.. Not the Jews. We are commanded to KEEP it Holy...
We can't make it holy...only Yahweh can

Isaiah 58:14 - Then shalt thou delight thyself in YAHWEH; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of YAHWEH hath spoken it.

What a blessing that comes with loving Yahweh!! All of the commandments are HIS, not the Jews'!

Exodus 16:28 - And YAHWEH said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?

His commandments...His laws...not the Jews

Exodus 16:29 - See, for that YAHWEH hath given you the sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.

Psalms 119:18 - Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.

HIS law

Psalms 119:19 - I am a stranger in the earth: hide not thy commandments from me.

Not a Jewish law

So I invite all those who have been influenced by the traditions and interpretations of the "Christian Fathers" to serve Yahweh, not the doctrines and commandments of men.

When you compare the way things are today with the way the leaders deceived the people in Yahushua's day, this is one thing that has yet to change!

Isaiah 42:22 - But this is a people robbed and spoiled; they are all of them snared in holes, and they are hid in prison houses: they are for a prey, and none delivereth; for a spoil, and none saith, Restore!

Plundered by Malachi 3 quoting preachers of darkness we see people robbed by the thieves who not only steal their money but also often their salvation

They are hidden inside the church walls, the prison houses that confine the Spirit of Yahweh that might otherwise lead them in His ways!!

To all I cry out, "RESTORE!!!!" Forget not to LOVE YAHWEH!!!

Restore all His commandments to the oppressed. For these TRULY ARE what love is! Not all will hear, but some will. Those whom Yahweh chooses will hear. The mission is to fulfill Yahushua's commandment to go and make disciples to all the nations and preach the original glad tidings which was once delivered to the saints:

Jude 1:3 - Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.

Call me an evildoer for contending and for disrupting the unity in error... but I MUST! The goal is to have a chance to reach those who are lost. I believe it is important to do all these things in HIS name. Yet we must beware lest we handle His name unworthily. For in doing so we blaspheme. But if we can magnify His name and make it honorable and keep it pure and seperate...our rewards will be beyond measure. Let us proclaim the highest standard of love. So Yes...Let us proclaim the highest standard of love in His name. The standard of love found in His everlasting word:

Psalms 119:126 - It is time for thee, YAHWEH, to work: for they have made void thy law. Therefore I love thy commandments above gold; yea, above fine gold. Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way. Thy testimonies are wonderful: therefore doth my soul keep them. The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple. I opened my mouth, and panted: for I longed for thy commandments. Look thou upon me, and be merciful unto me, as thou usest to do unto those that love thy name. Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me. Deliver me from the oppression of man: so will I keep thy precepts. Make thy face to shine upon thy servant; and teach me thy statutes. Rivers of waters run down mine eyes, because they keep not thy law.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement