Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Born-again question

Author Topic: Born-again question
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.endtimepilgrim.org/restrainer.htm
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Church Age, the Age of Grace, ends with the Rapture of the Church. The Tribulation Saints, of Revelation, will not be indwelt by the Holy Spirit, but they will benefit from His omnipresence the same as the Old Testament saints did. And they will have to work at obedience as in the Old Testament. We walk in the Spirit; our yoke is light.

Matthew 11
(28) Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (29) Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. (30) For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is my understanding that some hold to the belief that it is impossible for a born-again to fall away.

My questions:
If this is the case, then why didnt Jesus just warn the churches(in Revelation) to make sure they are all filled with the spirit?

Was Jesus warning of the danger of losing rewards or falling away from the faith?

Does "remove your lampstand from its place" mean less rewards?

Does the "crown of life" in "Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life" mean rewards?

Does "will fight against them with the sword of My mouth" mean less rewards?

Does "I will vomit you out of My mouth" mean less rewards?

Is Jesus concerned about rewards or souls?

I think its souls. Why do I think that......because the warnings to the churches have much to do with Jesus' mission of sanctifying the church and preparing it to come into His Fathers presence.

Somebody may now argue and say......."Are you now saying that there is somethings that I must do to make sure I am saved or to keep myself saved?"

My friend, you are missing the whole point. We, who believe in Jesus, have a doctrine that has been handed down to us. It is the doctrine that we have chosen to live by and to die by. It is the doctrine that Peter makes reference to when he says ...."Where shall we go Lord?,for You have the words of eternal life"

2John1:9
Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS:
WE DONT ABIDE IN THE DOCTRINE TO MERIT OUR OWN SALVATION, RATHER WE ABIDE IN THE DOCTRINE BECAUSE WE BELIEVE IT CAME FROM GOD.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement