Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The Pill

Author Topic: The Pill
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daily Mail | August 3
One Thousand Girls on Pill at 11
The number of pre-teenage girls on the pill has increased fivefold in the past decade, shocking figures reveal. Last year doctors prescribed the oral contraceptive to more than 1,000 girls aged 11 and 12, usually without their parents’ knowledge.

Another 200 aged between 11 and 13 were given long-term implanted or injectable contraceptive devices on the [National Health Service].

Family campaigners said the figures showed how children were being sexualized at an ever younger age and raised disturbing questions about the prevalence of underage sex. Although the age of consent in Britain is 16, GPs are allowed to prescribe the pill to children if they believe an underage girl is mature enough to have sex. And under the laws of patient confidentiality, parents have no right to be told if their children are being given the pill. …

The database also reveals that at least 58,000 children aged 15 were on the pill last year compared with 23,000 in 1999. Hundreds of children under 16 were using other forms of long-term contraception, the figures show.

Dr. Trevor Stammers, a GP and chairman of the Christian Medical Fellowship, said … “If sex education is introduced at primary schools in the way being proposed, we will see many more 11-year-olds seeking contraception, and if we pay GPs to give out contraception without pointing out the risks we are going to make matters worse.” …

Facts about the oral combination pill / contraceptive:
(Please note that this may not be suitable for children)

It is with sadness in my heart that I write this. I have been prescribing the oral combination pill for over 12 years in general practice. I thought it was “safe” – because of what I have been taught in medical school that the combination pill “only prevents ovulation”. If one would miss a pill one could fall pregnant and then ”one could just have a baby”. That was the advice I gave all my patients, that if you missed a pill there was only an increased risk to fall pregnant…

I never knew about the rest.

During my internship in 1997, the law in South Africa was changed and abortions were legalized. Fortunately, I was never forced to do any abortions while working in the public service. During my rotation in Gynecology I have done a lot of “womb scrapings” or D&C’s after spontaneous miscarriages, I can still remember it clearly. During my private practice years I was totally against any form of contraceptive which could prevent a fertilized egg from implanting in the uterus lining, like the “morning after pill”, the IUD and a very popular intra uterine device with progestin in. But I never realized that there was more about the oral combination pill that I did not know of. As far as I knew it only prevented ovulation. (Ovulation is the process in a female’s menstrual cycle by which a mature ovarian follicle ruptures and discharges an ovum ,also known as an oocyte, female gamete, or casually, an egg.)

After a huge fire at the pharmacy next to my practice in June, I started to ask the Father if there was any sin in my practice or in my life that I needed to repent of. And then one morning, while brushing my teeth, I started to wonder about the Pill and the Word. I started to do research and told my husband that I could not find any scriptural confirmation for the use of contraceptives in the Word. I had a strange feeling that I was working against what YHWH said in His Word – I kept on remembering : “be fruitful and multiply”…

Genesis 1:28 Then God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth and govern it. Reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, and all the animals that scurry along the ground.”

Genesis 9:1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.

Genesis 9:7 And you, be ye fruitful, and multiply; bring forth abundantly in the earth, and multiply therein.

Exodus 1:7 And the children of Israel were fruitful, and increased abundantly, and multiplied, and waxed exceeding mighty; and the land was filled with them.

Leviticus 26:9 For I will have respect unto you, and make you fruitful, and multiply you, and establish my covenant with you.

Deuteronomy 7:13-14 And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

Ezekiel 36:11 And I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bring fruit: and I will settle you after your old estates, and will do better unto you than at your beginnings: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

Jeremiah 23:3 And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.

Jeremiah 29:6 Take wives, and father sons and daughters; and take wives for your sons, and give your daughters to husbands, that they may bear sons and daughters; and multiply there, and don’t be diminished.

Nehemiah 9:23 Their children also multiplies thou as the stars of heaven, and broughtest them into the land, concerning which thou hadst promised to their fathers, that they should go in to possess it.

Then the truth came and it had hit me straight in my face. I learned about a term called “ovulation break through”. This means that even when the Pill is taken correctly (not skipping now and then), one could still ovulate, some studies have shown a 2-5% chance. But what concerned me more was the fact that there was a “third mechanism of the pill which changes the endometrium to prevent a blastocyst (an embryo or a fertilized egg) from implantation”. Even if there was a very small chance that one could ovulate, conceive and then loose the embryo/blastocyst, because it could not implant, I could not endorse the use of it anymore. Unfortunately the facts were crystal clear in front of me, that it could cause an early abortion, before implantation.

A quotation from “Contraception your questions answered”, by John Guillebaud, 3rd Edition, Page 98, Question 4.4: What are the main mechanisms of contraceptive action of the combined pill? “The COC has a very similar primary action in most women namely the prevention of ovulation… The other mechanisms shown - reduction in sperm penetrability of cervical mucus and of the receptivity to the blastocyst of the endometrium – are primarily back up mechanisms for the COC.” This means when the first and second mechanisms fail, it could still prevent a pregnancy by preventing a fertilized egg from implantation.

So the question is: when does life starts?

Life starts when a sperm fertilizes an egg, i.e. conception. This process ultimately leads to the formation of a diploid cell called a zygote. The zygote begins to divide and form a blastocyst and when it reaches the uterus, it performs implantation in the endometrium. Implantation occurs 7 days later into the uterus lining/endometrium. The fertilized egg needs nutrients and oxygen from the mother’s womb to live and to grow. According to Wikipedia -the term “conception commonly refers to fertilization, the successful fusion of gametes to form a new organism. ‘At this point the female’s pregnancy has begun. If the embryo implants in any tissue other than the uterine wall, an ectopic pregnancy results, which can be fatal to the mother. (Conception’ is used by some to refer to implantation and is thus a subject of semantic arguments about the beginning of pregnancy, typically in the context of the abortion debate.)”

I realized that after all these years of prescribing the Pill, I could have blood on my hands. Isaiah 1:15 And when your hands are stretched out to me, my eyes will be turned away from you: even though you go on making prayers, I will not give ear: your hands are full of blood. I struggled to pray to my Father, I cried for almost a week and then I repented. I told my husband that I could not go back to work, as I could not prescribe the Pill anymore. I was devastated, I just didn’t know this before. I realized that I needed to do research as to have my facts straight, before I could tell anyone and then I found this wonderful article by Randy Alcorn on the internet: http://www.juntospelavida.org/bcpill1.html. It is very well researched, evidence based and scientific. I just praised the Father because everything was already researched and available for me. I just had to see the truth. I have also asked a representative of one of the major pharmaceutical companies which sells the Pill if they had any trials available on “ovulation breakthrough”. The Rep immediately knew the term and said she would get the information from the company and would get back to me. It was already 3 weeks ago, but I have received nothing yet.

I also discovered an organization called “Doctors for life”. They are an international pro-life organization and they have offices in South Africa as well. I spoke to the CEO in South Africa and asked him what their views were of the oral combination pill. He explained to me the pill’s 3 fold mechanism of action in the body and said that they cannot endorse it either, because there was a probable 2-5% chance of ovulation breakthrough on it and without implantation it could act as an abortifacient. I became a member of the organization. They have 1300 members (doctors) in SA only. I was surprised and upset and because I thought I was the only doctor that felt this way.

Now, after a few weeks I feel much better. I am still not really ready to face all my patients. And yes, I am still scared to look into their faces, them asking me ‘why did you not tell me this before’? But then I read Ezekiel 3, and I realized that I had to tell them the truth and I had to warn them. If I did not do it, Abba would use or send someone else. It is really hard to say to patients that I was wrong and that I did not know. But I am so thankful that the Father made this known to me to repent and turn away from it in time. 2 Corinthians 7:9 I now rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that you were made sorry to repentance.

Please read these facts and then you can decide for yourself if this is still something that you want to use. Please pass it on, share it, so that a patient somewhere, can make an informative decision. The articles on the internet are freely available. I have even got plenty of the information from Wikipedia.

To conclude, there is a chance even when you take the Pill as prescribed, that you could still ovulate and fall pregnant. Or ovulate, conceive and then loose the little life because it could not implant on the lining of the uterus, because of the third mechanism of the pill. Without implantation one cannot test for the hormone, B-HCG, to confirm the pregnancy. People and doctors will tell you the chances are very small. But you need to decide for yourself now that you know the truth. Even the “smallest chance” is still too much for me.

I pray that YHWH would open our eyes and ears, so that we will start to test everything. These days are evil days, where we all eat of this tree of knowledge, the Tree of The Knowledge of Good and Evil. Maybe this was my biggest lesson to learn, I had to realize that all knowledge or science, could either be good or evil.

By the way, I have never read in my Bible that God said that it was ok to stop being fruitful when we gained enough knowledge to change our bodies natural functioning as to fit our own selfish lifestyles. We are living in a time where we are “lovers of ourselves”. And I include myself in this comment.

My YHWH forgive us!

Dr Jeanette
MBChB

South Africa

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement