Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » What do you think about this?

Author Topic: What do you think about this?
plankeye p
Advanced Member
Member # 8254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for plankeye p     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting News,

Muslim Group Gets Court Order Against Fellow MuslimA judge in Johannesburg, South Africa, has blocked a plan by a Muslim to burn Bibles on the anniversary of Sept. 11.An Islamic intellectual organization, Scholars of the Truth, had sought the order. It bans the “I’m very pleased the judge came to this decision. Not only did he ban this protest but he also banned other people from burning the Bible,” The Christian Scientist Monitor quoted plaintiff’s lawyer Yasmin Omar as saying.The order also covers the burning of other holy books, including the Koran. Mohammed Vawda planned to burn the Bibles in response to a plan to burn hundreds of copies of the Koran in Gainesville, Florida. The preacher pushing the Florida book burning has backed down.“What Mr. Vawda wanted to do is not just morally wrong but is an affront to Islam. We regard Jesus as a prophet who is part of the Koran so if he burns the Bible, he is burning part of the Koran,” said Omar.There are an estimated 1 million Muslims in South Africa and 30 million Christians. Judge Sita Kolbe issued his ruling after a four-minute hearing.follow Robert Weller on twitter http://twitter.com/robertweller

Peace
p.i.p.

--------------------
i am what "I AM" says i am

Posts: 26 | From: Gainesville, FL | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 8 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
For the record I do not believe that a public Koran-burning represents the will of the Lord Jesus Christ in this time.

But, in my opinion, no one is talking about the real story:

Has there ever been a time when an active general in the U.S. armed forces condemned the actions of a Christian pastor for the sake of "peace"?

Petraeus declared that the actions of this pastor could endanger the lives of American troops. If Mr. Jones carries out his plan to burn the Korans AND American efforts are hindered because of it what "laws" will arise out of congress to ensure this does not happen again? Perhaps Chuck Coleson will lead the charge against further acts of "Christian intolerance"?

Daniel 8:25 "And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many..."

Aaron

Indeed the real story.

The sillyness of this country continues. Its just like banning guns. Don't you know its the gun that did it.
Here I thought it was just a tool and that evil intent or accident was responsible.
Don't you know its the burning of leather and paper that licences the murdering of innocent blood? But I think that accident can definitely be ruled out on this one. This nation has been conditioned to call evil good and good evil.

The good faithful moztec murdered a missionary today because a evil American Christian even dared thinking about burning a koran.

Burn that evil American Christian! Because "REAL" christians wouldn't be so bigoted.

Wait.. whats that Lord ? The blood of that missionary has cry-ed up to you from the ground!

Jeremiah, Chapter 31, 29: In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge.
Jeremiah, Chapter 31, 30: But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.

The burning of leather and paper only puts vaporized carbon into the air. Someone breathing this can maybe at most get a headache and in no way can be made to murder another.

Nope its his eating of the sour grape that sets his teeth on edge.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sadly, if this were some group having a Bible burning, there would be no national build up by the media, it would be wide spred news at and after the event, and the "president" would be silent on the issue.
Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plankeye p
Advanced Member
Member # 8254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for plankeye p     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
becauseHelives,
All I can say is amen brother.
People are taking that verse and runnin all out of context with it. Like you said the books were being burned because of the new way off life. Similar to me throwing my whole collection of rap music into the lake when Jesus changed my life.

Peace
p.i.p.

--------------------

Posts: 26 | From: Gainesville, FL | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a Christian I am commanded to love my enemies.

As a Christian my allegiance is to Yahweh and His Kingdom alone.

As a Christian I can see no difference in what Hitler did to the Jews from what The Roman Catholic Church did to the Christians who would not convert from what The American Government did to the American Indian !

Hate and greed is hate and greed wherever it occurs.

Now in Act 19:19 Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all [men]: and they counted the price of them, and found [it] fifty thousand [pieces] of silver.

These were people who after having received a heart circumcision burned their own books as a testimony of the change in their heart.

Yahshua changes heart, He don’t burn books, torture people, or use armies with soldiers to conquer people for His Kingdom.

His demonstration to those who would be His people was to love people, even to the point of them taking His life.

Are you fighting to keep your way of life ….

Yahshua said those who seek to save their own earthly life will lose eternal life.

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the record I do not believe that a public Koran-burning represents the will of the Lord Jesus Christ in this time.

But, in my opinion, no one is talking about the real story:

Has there ever been a time when an active general in the U.S. armed forces condemned the actions of a Christian pastor for the sake of "peace"?

Petraeus declared that the actions of this pastor could endanger the lives of American troops. If Mr. Jones carries out his plan to burn the Korans AND American efforts are hindered because of it what "laws" will arise out of congress to ensure this does not happen again? Perhaps Chuck Coleson will lead the charge against further acts of "Christian intolerance"?

Daniel 8:25 "And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many..."

Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 16 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Bad Idea
"International Burn a Koran Day"

-

September 08, 2010

Pastor Terry Jones’s thoughts about Islam are simple and direct. The title of his book says it all: Islam is of the Devil. The same thought is on a sign outside of his church, the Dove World Outreach Center in Gainesville, Florida, and on the T-shirts and coffee mugs the church sells.
In order to raise greater awareness of the dangers of Islam, Jones has designated 9/11 as “International Burn a Koran Day.” According to their Facebook page Jones hopes, and I quote, “To bring awareness to the dangers of Islam and that the Koran is leading people to hell. Eternal fire is the only destination the Koran can lead people to so we want to put the Koran in its place—the fire!” End quote.
Every Christian believes that no man can come to God but through Jesus Christ. That’s not a bigoted remark, that’s simply the truth claim that underlies Christianity. And I would expect that Muslims would tell me that my religion, Christianity, is a false religion.
The unique thing about the United States is that we are prepared to fight for and defend every single individual’s right to his or her choice to practice the religion of their choice. We learn to respect our differences in a free, pluralistic society.
I have also referred repeatedly on BreakPoint to the dangers of the Islamist movement, which is an ideologically extreme perversion of the Islamic faith. And this is why so many armed conflicts around the world involve Muslims—often fighting other Muslims.
And the attempts to inject parts of Sharia Law in the United States and Britain are a hazard to our constitutional order.
All that being said, I find Jones’s plan to burn the Koran foolish and contemptible. It poses dangers Jones has either overlooked or chooses to ignore.
As Dr. John Rankin, president of the Theological Education Institute correctly notes, if Jones burns the Qur’an, “the images will reverberate on the Internet internationally, and this could lead to unparalleled fury in the Muslim world.”
And most of that fury will be directed into violence against Christians in Muslim areas throughout the world. If Jones goes through with this horrid plan, people—Christian people—will suffer and some will die.
General Petraeus has even expressed fear for our troops in Afghanistan.
Second, Rankin comments, “The Gospel would thus be slandered.” The Apostle Peter tells Christians that we are to be good apologists, but as we give people reasons for our hope in Christ, it has to be “with gentleness and respect.”
Burning the Koran will be taken as the height of disrespect by the Muslim world where copies of the Koran are treated as sacred objects and are handled with the utmost care and reverence. Nothing in the Bible encourages us to treat Muslims or any other religious group with this kind of contempt.
Rankin concludes, “The stakes are high in terms of the reputation of the Gospel and protection of innocent lives in tinderbox sections of the Muslim world.”
My most fervent prayer is that Jones will reconsider and cancel the Koran burning in the name of the Gospel of Peace.
Part of a Christian worldview is the ability to articulate what we believe and why we believe it in the face of competing worldviews like Islam. But we detract from our witness if we allow anything except the Gospel to offend our unsaved neighbors.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too would love to let my carnal emotions to stand with this mans protest against evil and have voiced my support but after prayerful reconsideration, I know it to be a fact that the missionaries, that have no physical weapon to repel, will suffer the most. I am not as concerned for my brothers in arms in the military. My Church requested volunteers to help finish a building in the jungle and now that I will be in harms way with out the ability to defend and being X -military know full well , that if our camp is attacted and I taken prisoner that I will be made a example of because of my military records.
These people are very sophisticated on their abilities to ID prisoners and use it to for a means in forwarding the cause.
I may reconsider, being a man weak in faith and to full of a trained self preservation.

--------------------
That is all.....

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 16 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David Petraeus And The Koran Burnings

Posted by Erick Erickson (Profile)
Wednesday, September 8th at 11:08AM EDT

David Petraeus is right.

That church burning the korans in Florida will incite muslims to kill Americans, particularly American soldiers.

Why? Well, in part, because David Petraeus and the media have decided to magnify the event and guarantee it’ll be featured on the front page of every major newspaper in the Middle East.

Ramzy Kilic of the Council on American-Islamic Relations surprisingly sounds wisest here:

“He just wants to provoke the Muslim community,” he said. “Why give him attention? No one pays attention to the drunkard walking down the street.”

Let’s not, however, be fooled by the thinking that this act will incite Islamists in some special way. If Islamists did not have koran burnings to incite them to kill Americans, they would just find something else. Heck, they may go back to soldiers in Iraq using the koran for target practice.

I think it is bad form for the military to start applying pressure to influence the political activities (and this is clearly a form of political speech) of American civilians. Petraeus is essentially attributing direct responsibility for American deaths to the activities of American citizens (and I hasten to point out that he made no similar public pronouncement about the activities of antiwar demonstrators who, at least arguably, caused American deaths by giving the jihadis reason to believe they could drive us out of Iraq given enough casualties).

Ultimately, this issue is not about tolerance of Islam, but about fear of Islam.

The elite in this country have no problem with American flag burnings or Bible burnings. Heck, the American military burned a pile of Bibles lest proselytizing happen.

No Christians went out and beheaded troops or media talking heads. There were no riots in the streets of Washington, D.C. by aggrieved Christians.

Contrast that with the Islamic world. Show a cartoon of Mohammed, you die. Burn a koran, you die. Reject the faith, you die.

Ultimately, and what is too politically incorrect for the media or David Petraeus to say, is that Islam is largely incompatible with Western values when significant portions of the religion — not just the fringe — are driven to riot over koran burnings, cartoons of Mohammed, and the like.

More specifically, Petraeus’s actions teach the same lesson to both us and the Islamists that the Mohammed cartoon did: Islamists learned if they are sufficiently violent Western governments and elites will fold like a cheap suit and we learned that Islam, as practiced by large swaths of the muslim world, is a violent religion that apparently can’t operate in tandem with a civil society.

Now, all that said, I think this pastor in Florida is terribly misguided. The message of Christ is one of grace and hope. Christians are told to “go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything [Christ] ha[s] commanded.”

Burinng korans does not accomplish that. Neither, I am certain, does it glorify God in any way, shape, or form — particularly knowing with certainty, whether we like it or not, that this act of a Christian church showing not love, but hate, will incite people to violence.

I would encourage this pastor to stand down — but I’m not going to wring my hands over it. If not this, there’ll just be something else causing riots in the “Arab Street.” This is just today’s excuse.

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/09/08/david-petraeus-and-the-koran-burnings/

--------------------
That is all.....

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WildB states:
quote:
Burning the koran on the anniversary of 911 is a open showing of ones hate of what is truly evil.

and that is the moztecism hiding behind religion pretending they are not like Communism or fascism, as they kill on with this countries liberal and secular blessing.

If this logic my brother would stand as true:

Should we not "Burn the AMERICAN FLAG" to denouce the some 73,000,000 (thats million) aborted babies in the US, and the govt programs that gave tax money to support the program?

Should we not do something about the Roman Catholic "inquisitions" where thousands of scores of "christians" were killed. Where Constantine had avision and saw the Latin words

“in hoc signo vinces.” The phrase means “in this sign you shall conquer” and was used by Constantine as a military motto in the early 4th Century.

Where would the burning stop? Imnot sure what the answer is: Would not it be far better spending of the monies the LORD has entrusted us with to buy...Holy Bibles and distribute them?

Now do not mistake my words im a firm believer in standing up against sin! Even unto death..

The world is the world my Brother, we are to JUDGE those that are in Christ not those in the world, they are already JUDGED...

If the LORD was to lead someone to burn the koran, then thats between them and the LORD.

If we are to protest against sin in this manner my Honered Brother; what sign would you carry.

Example: Down with Abortion, Alcoholism, Child Abuse, False religions, Fornication, Adultry, Lying, Stealing, bearing false witness against your neighbor...WHAT...what sin, and what sign?

WOuld it not be more productive and more reasonable to carry the banner [sign] of truth, the GOSPEL, present the answer to every question there is?

i have often used this example of my Dear aunt Linda...She was a Supervisor over bank tellers here at a local bank where we live. When she taught the tellers how to recognize counterfit money i was astounded.

She said there are MANY MANY different kinds of counterfit and fake bills, it would not even be productive to show them all, and new ones every day being produced.

i said well how then do you show them the counterfit, how do you teach them how to recognize fake money.

She said we study the "REAL" money, the good bills.

If you know everything about a good bill and legal money you will see the counterfit very easily.

God Showed me then a very good principal. Me along with many of my freinds studied many, many, religions of the world. GOD Almighty spoke to me with this principal and told me you will never be able to keep up with satan's fake religions, learn of ME and you will see the phoney.

Same here to me, present the GOSPEL, the GOOD NEWS, tell everyone about the love of JESUS, and HIS saving grace, lets catch the fish and let GOD "clean them"!

Most folks are running around trying to clean fish that have never been caught....WHICH SIN will we condemn the world of...?? they are dead, condemned already...SHOW THEM THE LIGHT, is my
take.

bondservant
barry

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
Originally posted by plankeye p:

You know the ironic thing about this whole situation. The local muslims are telling there members not to respond to this situation violently. While the christians are perpetrating the hate.

So sad.

And it is clear to all that you have been deceived.

Hating evil is not a sin and it is a moztecs job to lie when necessary, its in the koran.

Proverbs, Chapter 6
016: These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
017: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
018: An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
019: A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Burning the koran on the anniversary of 911 is a open showing of ones hate of what is truly evil.

and that is the moztecism hiding behind religion pretending they are not like Communism or fascism, as they kill on with this countries liberal and secular blessing.

--------------------
That is all.....

plankeye p
Advanced Member
Member # 8254

Hello Sha'ul

I assume from your comments you do not care for the President. I wonder is it only the current President that should be burning down everything not christian, or do you feel that way about all the previous Presidents as well? Either way I disagree. What makes you think God does not "give" freedom of religion? Of course God gives freedom of religion. I would like to see just one example of God not giving freedom of choice or religion. God allowed Lucifer freedom to start his own religion. Of course there will be consequences for the choices we make (both good and bad) but we always have freedom to choose God or not.

You shall have no other gods before me. That is directed at Gods people like you and me, not at anyone else.

Is putting kids lives in danger the only reason you disagree with the t shirts? Don't you think burning someone else's holy book (especially those who have extremist among them) might put a few people in danger?

You know the ironic thing about this whole situation. The local muslims are telling there members not to respond to this situation violently. While the christians are perpetrating the hate.

So sad.

--------------------

Sha'ul
Advanced Member
Member # 8294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sha'ul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's something to chew on. All through out scripture God was always telling His people to tear down, burn and destroy anything that was a false god,idle or anything else that was worshiped. If we actually had a true God fearing president, then there would not stand one single muslim mosque,hindu temple, buddist temple or books or anything else that pertained to false gods and doctrine. The first commandment puts it in clear perspective of what GOD expects. "You shall have no other gods before Me." Freedom of religion is not given by God. Yes we are to love and show love to ALL, but that doesn't mean we are to allow blasphemy. Unfortuneately the body of Messiah has become too relaxed and complacent on upholding to the Word of God who sent His Son for us to brutally murder so we can be saved. This is why judgement is here and coming because we are blowing it. Remember scripture says, God's judgement comes to His house first. That's a little scarey. I don't agree with having kids where those shirts though, that is putting there life in danger and that's just stupid. Shalom, Sha'ul
Posts: 32 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
Originally posted by barrykind:
Wildb youll never reach anyone with those type statements.

wildb states:

quote:
Personally I think our military should use pig grease in the assembly of the ammo that our solders use to defend our Constitution with.

Where are these ministers and local authorities when the Gideon Bible is defaced in the local hotels or the American flag burned?

Oh thats right this is not a malicious act then but the separation of church from state and the freedom of speech..

Islam is indeed a product of the devil and those that cuddle and support it will share equally in its final judgement and eternal destruction

Why would you make such a statement?

Do i think that Muslems or Islam is right NO;
Do i think Roman Catholics are right, NO

To premeditate and type such a statement shows me a condition of your heart brother (or sister),
I surely think that thier way of "religion" or any type outside of Yahoshua (Jesus), is from the Devil.

I would like to talk persoanl with you, caretaker, because he lives...sometimes typing does not show the heart, but is cold and misunderstood.

If i missed your point and love, i appologize sir.

If Muslims were following what some call a "Religion of Peace," they would not be have to worry about having their body's pierced with lead projectiles greased with pig lard. I respect any and all Muslims who reject the murder of Jews, Christians and other non-Muslims.

How would YOU like to be an Israeli soldier trying to ward off Arab-Muslim terrorism when you're fighting against an enemy more than willing to die? In fact, they can't wait to die!

It's true that many sacrifice themselves in order to enter Muslim Paradise. These brainwashed koranized jihadists actually believe that their deaths will assure them a one-way ticket to heavenly pleasures.

Yet there are others... most others, in fact... who don't need special encouragement to murder Jews and Christians. Most don't blow themselves up out of any desperate hopelessness but out of a demonic hatred that is so deep that they are willing to give their lives for the pleasure of mass murdering innocent civilians.

So what can civilized and righteous armies do against Muslim fanatics who don't mind taking a quick ride along the Allah Express to oblivion? Perhaps an example was set, not by an Israeli soldier, but by a certain American, General John "Black Jack" Pershing.

-

General Pershing was in charge of a U.S. garrison in the Philippines in 1911. It seems his soldiers were subjected to a series of terror attacks by Filipino Muslims. Pershing did not try to put together a "road map." Nor did he set up study groups to find out why the Muslims hated the Americans. Nor did he offer them a series of "good will gestures." Nor did he put up a giant wall to keep them out. Instead, he captured fifty of those Muslim terrorists. He then had them dig their own graves. He then tied all up to posts execution style. He then dipped fifty bullets in pig's blood. You see, Muslims murders may not have a problem with soaking their hands into Jewish blood but NO WAY do they want anything to do with the skin, blood or 'guts' of a pig. Should they be contaminated by any of these pig parts, they will go to Muslim Hell, not Muslim Paradise!

And so, on the count of three, all but one of those Paradise-seeking Islamists were shot dead! Their bodies were them wrapped in the skins of freshly-killed pigs and dropped into the giant hole. Above them were poured the entrails and other porcine remains. You may ask, "Why was one Muslim spared?" The answer is simple. This sole surviving Muslim was released and sent back to his fellow 'mujahedin' to report what he had just witnessed. For the next 42 years there was not a single Muslim attack!

--------------------
That is all.....

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are several issues involved in this, to me,
as I look at it.

Do I have a problem with the church sign sayin "islam is of the devil"? = NO
> but,I do have a personal problem there with capital letters given to islam & devil.

Do I have a problem with T-shirts saying the same thing?= NO
> but I do have a problem if children were forced to wear these to school, knowing there could be repercussions.
If I thought the "child" was more than a child and mature enough to make his/her own decission, that might be different.

Do I have a problem with burning the qu'ran? = NO
>I write it out as koran (again no caps) because "they don't like that".
If I had one in my house and wanted to burn it as a personal thing, I would burn it.
BUT I do not support public book burning of any kind!
I don't have to buy a book,
I don't have to read a book,
and I certainly don't I have to believe a book.

I thing this "pastor" is after attention, and is putting his flock at risk for wrong reasons.
That is a personal opinion and not a judgement.

Under the conditions of the politics of the world today, and the differences in religion, and politics,
it is ludicrous, asinine, and downright stupid to have our enemies serving in the military of the USA.

allah is satan
T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plankeye p
Advanced Member
Member # 8254

web page

I think this is a link to one of the interviews of the pastor that has come up with this burn the Quran day.

--------------------

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God bless you;

I too would desire to offer the right hand of fellowship in person to my Brothers Dale, Barry, Bill. It would be such an honor and blessing to meet each of you in person. At least we will be gathered together in Glory.

The pastor is just using anger and hatred to put-on a dog and pony show.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to the original question ( i think) is
Do we think it right to burn the Koran?

If you want my personal opinion, NO i dont think it is right....why?

what will we burn next, there are more false religious material than i can count or name.....

When banks teach thier tellers how to find counterfit money, they do not show them fake money...no. they show them the real thing...why?

Many counterfits, could not show them all of them.
But there is only one real!

So they study the real money and when phony counterfits show up they recognize them immediately!

Same with the gospel. Show them the true gospel, and the real Messiah and they will see a wolf immediately..

So i would rather (for me) spend my time in truth and preaching the true gospel, and when a counterfit shows it will be easy to spot.

bondservant\
barry

--------------------

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Wildb youll never reach anyone with those type statements.

wildb states:

quote:
Personally I think our military should use pig grease in the assembly of the ammo that our solders use to defend our Constitution with.

Where are these ministers and local authorities when the Gideon Bible is defaced in the local hotels or the American flag burned?

Oh thats right this is not a malicious act then but the separation of church from state and the freedom of speech..

Islam is indeed a product of the devil and those that cuddle and support it will share equally in its final judgement and eternal destruction

Why would you make such a statement?

Do i think that Muslems or Islam is right NO;
Do i think Roman Catholics are right, NO

To premeditate and type such a statement shows me a condition of your heart brother (or sister),
I surely think that thier way of "religion" or any type outside of Yahoshua (Jesus), is from the Devil.

I would like to talk persoanl with you, caretaker, because he lives...sometimes typing does not show the heart, but is cold and misunderstood.

If i missed your point and love, i appologize sir.

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
Originally posted by plankeye p:
This is a email from a sister in my church about a local church that is no stranger to controversy. I'm new to this message board and recently realized that some folks on this board have some strong views on Islam. I wonder what your reaction to this email is?

Dear Watchman,

By now you may have seen the headlines internationally regarding a local church by the name of Dove World Outreach. Their pastor, Jones, has now made it his mission to burn the Quran on September 11, 2010, which has brought him and his church international recognition (Gainesville "mega-church"). This recognition, however, is inclusive of responses from suicide bombers who in turn declare their religious faith in support of the Muslims.

The local authorities are now very much concerned as the number of threat responses internationally from those who consider themselves faithful Muslims is alarming. Many of the local churches have decided to come together in support of the right of individual conscience regarding religious faith to support the Muslims. So a week of activities has been planned to counteract the actions of Jones who has erroneously considered his act as that of Modercai against Haman as written in the Bible in the book of Esther.

Unfortunately, this pastor has limited/confused understanding of the Bible and particularly the sermon on the mount (Matthew Chapters 5-7; most importantly the Ten Commandments regarding loving thy neighbor as thyself. Jesus loves this misguided pastor and the members of his Church. Let us pray for them and for the efforts of the ministers and local authorities who are praying/working toward counteracting this malicious act against others. Be aware that this act by Jones is planned during a football weekend where there will be a high people concentration, traditionally favorable target areas of terrorists.

Also I would like to add that this same church has been in the news before for sending its members to schools with t shirts that say "Islam is of the devil" as well as posting signs with the same message on their church's campus.

So what how do you guys feel?

Islam is indeed a product of the devil and those that cuddle and support it will share equally in its final judgement and eternal destruction.

--------------------
That is all.....

plankeye p
Advanced Member
Member # 8254

This is a email from a sister in my church about a local church that is no stranger to controversy. I'm new to this message board and recently realized that some folks on this board have some strong views on Islam. I wonder what your reaction to this email is?

Dear Watchman,

By now you may have seen the headlines internationally regarding a local church by the name of Dove World Outreach. Their pastor, Jones, has now made it his mission to burn the Quran on September 11, 2010, which has brought him and his church international recognition (Gainesville "mega-church"). This recognition, however, is inclusive of responses from suicide bombers who in turn declare their religious faith in support of the Muslims.

The local authorities are now very much concerned as the number of threat responses internationally from those who consider themselves faithful Muslims is alarming. Many of the local churches have decided to come together in support of the right of individual conscience regarding religious faith to support the Muslims. So a week of activities has been planned to counteract the actions of Jones who has erroneously considered his act as that of Modercai against Haman as written in the Bible in the book of Esther.

Unfortunately, this pastor has limited/confused understanding of the Bible and particularly the sermon on the mount (Matthew Chapters 5-7; most importantly the Ten Commandments regarding loving thy neighbor as thyself. Jesus loves this misguided pastor and the members of his Church. Let us pray for them and for the efforts of the ministers and local authorities who are praying/working toward counteracting this malicious act against others. Be aware that this act by Jones is planned during a football weekend where there will be a high people concentration, traditionally favorable target areas of terrorists.

Also I would like to add that this same church has been in the news before for sending its members to schools with t shirts that say "Islam is of the devil" as well as posting signs with the same message on their church's campus.

So what how do you guys feel?

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement