Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Who is she?

Author Topic: Who is she?
Bloodbought
Advanced Member
Member # 4365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bloodbought     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Copper25:

It is a grevious error to say
[QUOTE]When the light of the Son becomes darkness

Light and darkness are symbolic. Light symbolises the reception of the Gospel, and darkness represents the rejection of the Gospel. Light represents truth and darkness represents error.

When we say “the light of the Son becomes darkness,” it is not that the Son has changed and fails to shine, but the light from the Son is blocked by objects that refuse to allow the light to shine. Because men love darkness rather than light, the light is replaced by darkness and when there is darkness The Son cannot be seen.

And yes, we do need to let our light be seen while we can. Jesus said He is the light of the world, but so are we.

Mat 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

The best we can be is reflectors.

Posts: 822 | From: Ireland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Song of Songs 6:10 (NLT)

“Who is this, arising like the dawn, as fair as the moon, as bright as the sun, as majestic as an army with billowing banners?”

The chorus address the bride here only as the Shulamite, and beg her to perform for their entertainment a sacred dance (see Cant. 6:13) of her own country. The bride, after complying with their request, while they sing some stanzas in her praise Cant. 7:1-5, and after receiving fresh commendations from the king Cant. 7:6-10, invites him to return with her to her mother’s house Cant. 7:11–8:4. Many Jewish allegorists interpret the whole as referring to the times of the second temple, and to the present dispersion of Israel, during which, God continuing to vouchsafe His mercy, Israel prays for final restoration, the coming of Messiah, and the glory of the latter day. Christian interpreters have made similar applications to the Church looking for the Second Advent, or to the ancient synagogue praying for the Incarnation.

(Barnes' Notes)

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so I speak this time.

Joel 2:31 is completely taken out of context; for it is literal talking about "sun" and not the "Son"

this is the context

Joe 2:29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
Joe 2:30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
Joe 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

The word "sun" simply means that.

Remember. (1 john 1:5) "God is light, and in him is no darkness at all." Christ is God.

It is a grevious error to say
quote:
When the light of the Son becomes darkness
for it is written (John 1:4) "In him was life; and the life was the light of men."

Jesus IS (John 1:9) "the true Light"

note: what does darkness mean in some passages of scripture?

Proverbs 2:13 Who leave the paths of uprightness, to walk in the ways of darkness

according to strong darkness means in this verse; "the dark; hence (literally) darkness; figuratively misery, destruction, death, ignorance, sorrow, wickedness"

one last verse to address

John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

If "the light of the Son becomes darkness", then this would mean that all that follow in Christ would be walking in darkness.

Therefore I say that this statement

quote:
When the light of the Son becomes darkness
is a HUGE error. Please be more careful in your studies.

On a side note; The problem is never ever ever ever ever ever Jesus; but it is always the church refusing to be the light of the world. We have the Spirit of Christ in us, but do we CHOOSE to hide our lights under the bushel?

Truly I say this, if we brought a little light into a room,it could illuminate that whole room, reguardless of its size; but when the flame is concealed under a mug, that room will stay dark.

Put it together my friend; are we keeping a mug over our lights or are we going to let our light shine before men for the glory of God and our Lord Jesus Christ?

Christ always longs to shine through his church. We always have the bright "morning star" Jesus Chist to reflect. Again, I say it is the Church, it is us.

Matthew 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

In Jesus name,
Daniel

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bloodbought
Advanced Member
Member # 4365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bloodbought     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Song of Solomon 6:10 (KJV)
10  Who is she that looketh forth as the morning,
Fair as the moon, clear as the sun,
And terrible as an army with banners?

She is the Church of Jesus Christ. She rules the night. She is born into a new morning and is looking forth to the dawn of a bright brand new day as the Son rises from strength to strength. She is Fair as the moon which has no light in herself, but she is glowing from the light of the Son, and is reflecting that light to the world. She glows brighter on the darkest night, but is obscure when clouds gather. If the world comes between her and the Son she is eclipsed and the light from the Son is not illuminating her and therefore she has nothing to reflect for a time, but she still holds the blood stained banner of the cross, and she shall be turned into blood before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

Joel 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood,
Before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

When the light of the Son becomes darkness, the church has nothing to reflect and the world is left to itself without light. Such darkness causes anarchy and mayhem and the church becomes as powerless as if she were slaughtered.

Can we detect a lack of power in the church even today? Yes.

Let us not despair, because we are approaching the dawn of a new day when darkness will be vanished forever.

Posts: 822 | From: Ireland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement