Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » - The Book of Life -

Author Topic: - The Book of Life -
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well said Abendego! There is what I come to call a situation so familiar to each Christian and is-
"SPIRITUAL BUSYNESS"

Our faith is defined by waiting on the Lord. We become so busy with spiritually related things that we have neglected to listen, to meditate, and to do what we know and accept about our Saviour. Are you too spiritual busy that you fail to sit at the Masters feet to be taught? I can say I have. If we invest as much time and energy in "Be Still and Know I am God" as we do with spiritually related things, we will deepend our Salvation and have love one toward another.

As Abendego has said tell the devil to shut up and please believe wth the power and washing of the Holy Spirit Satan has no domination in your life as long as you live a spirit filled life.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good post!

The final test is not what we think of ourselves, or what others may think. The final test is: What will God say?

When a person is truly born again, he has the Spirit of God living within (Rom. 8:9); and the Spirit enables him to know and do the Father’s will. God’s love in his heart (Rom. 5:5) motivates him to obey God and serve others.

How shall we test our profession of faith? By popularity? No, for there are many on the broad road to destruction. And there are many who are depending on words, saying “Lord, Lord”—but this is no assurance of salvation. Even religious activities in a church organization are no assurance. How then shall we judge ourselves and others who profess Christ as Saviour?

The two ways of Matthew 7 tell us to examine the cost of our profession. Have we paid a price to profess faith in Christ? The two trees tell us to investigate whether our lives have really changed. Are there godly fruits from our lives? And the two houses remind us that true faith in Christ will last, not only in the storms of life, but also in the final judgment.

(Wiersbe)

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen!!!!

The most terrible words ever to be spoken, "I never knew you":

Matt. 7:
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

I never knew you

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abednego

Good One! Thank you for sharing.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abednego
Advanced Member
Member # 8189

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Abednego   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Revelation 20:15, “And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire”

Revelation 21:27, "And there shall in no wise enter into it anything that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life"

I will begin this post with an illustration … the name of David F. Kies is listed on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, DC. A small diamond is etched beside his name to indicate he died in battle. But it's a mistake, for Kies is very much alive and living in Wisconsin with his wife and five children. David F. Kies did fight in Vietnam and was seriously injured in combat near Saigon. He and his partner were on night patrol when they stepped on a mine. His partner died immediately; Kies lost both of his legs but survived. He was reported as dead because of an error in some paperwork. Or maybe you made a reservation at a restaurant to celebrate a birthday or anniversary, but when you arrived your name wasn't listed on the reservation list. Unfortunately mistakes like those above happen because of human error. However, there will be no mistakes in the most important record of all, the Lamb's Book of Life (Revelation 21:27), because God is keeper of this Book. It's the Book that indicates who will be allowed to enter heaven, and in His Book, He places the name of everyone who is born again, having accepted His Son, Jesus Christ, as Savior and Lord of their life. Yet, there will be thousands upon thousands of people whose names aren't written in the Book of Life, because they believe their good works or their generous giving to worthy causes, and so forth, will get their names recorded God’s Book of Life.

Closing thoughts:

Have you ever been locked out of your house? I have and so has my wife. I remember very clearly one incident where my wife, her mother and a good friend, were locked out of our townhouse while we were living in Puerto Rico. As I was driving from my place of work to unlock the door to our townhouse, I thought about how dreadful it will be for all who are “locked out” of heaven for eternity. Many people having waited too long and having never received Christ will suddenly face the terrifying reality that the door of salvation is closed to them forever! In the parable of the ten virgins, Jesus told of five who had prepared for the coming of the bridegroom. When he came, they “went in with him to the wedding” (Matthew 25:10). However, later when the five foolish virgins tried to go in, the door was shut! In response to their pleas, they heard him answer, “I do not know you” (v. 12). My friend, if God hasn't written your name in the Lamb's Book of Life, you face eternal separation from Him. The sobering reality of this is that the day is coming when those whose names are not found written in that eternal record book will be “cast into the lake of fire” (Revelation 20:15). You can make sure that your name is listed among the redeemed by trusting Jesus Christ as Savior. Our salvation is secure because God’s Word is sure and true. We are saved by God’s Mercy, not by our merit; by Christ’s dying, not by our doing.

(1) So, is your name written in the Lamb’s Book of Life? If so, Praise the Lord!
(2) If not, I would urge you to accept Christ as your Savior while there is still time

--------------------
2 Timothy 2:15, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth"

Posts: 28 | From: Southwestern New York | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement