Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » - Is Jesus Knocking at Your Heart –

Author Topic: - Is Jesus Knocking at Your Heart –
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Saving faith, you see, is not simply acknowledging that certain facts about Christ are true. It’s reaching out to personally accept God’s remedy for sin. It is entrusting the destiny of your soul to Him for eternity. It is saying, “Save me, Lord Jesus. I believe that You can and will.” That’s “taking the medicine” … that’s receiving Jesus Christ!

AMEN!!!
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 5 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A big ngro why did you bump my post from the top on the 4 th?

could you not of incorporated to add?

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abednego
Advanced Member
Member # 8189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abednego   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Romans 10:13, “Whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved”
1 John 2:22, “Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ”

Has a doctor ever allowed you to use his stethoscope and listen to your own heart? I have and it’s a rather strange experience to hear the steady rhythms of that organ which started to function even before we were born and will continue beating until we die. The story has been told about a nurse in a hospital pediatric ward. Often she would let her young patients listen to their own hearts. One day as she carefully positioned the stethoscope for a 4-year old named Steven, she said to him, “Listen. What do you suppose that is?” He tightened his eyebrows in deep thought and with a bright smile asked, “Is that Jesus knocking?” For a moment let’s forget about physiology and let Steven be our teacher. From the standpoint of our spiritual health and eternal destiny, he was right. Jesus Christ, the crucified Savior and the risen Lord of glory, is indeed knocking at the door of every human heart. For you see our heart is the very core of our being, the controlling center of decisions and choice (Revelation 3:20).

To further illustrate my point … let’s suppose you’re rushed to the hospital, where a physician examines you and informs you that you’re critically ill. He says you’ll die unless you have proper treatment. He then prescribes medicine and says, “If you will take this, I can assure you will absolutely get well.” Now, what should you do? Would you just lie on your sickbed and believe the doctor has diagnosed your illness correctly, and the prescription will make you well? No, that’s not enough. To live, you must take the medicine. My friend, it’s the same with salvation. You may believe everything the Bible says about Jesus Christ … that He died for your sins and rose from the dead; however, if you refuse to “take Him” … that is, to trust Him and His work on the cross in your behalf … you will be just as lost as if you had openly and blatantly denied Him. Saving faith, you see, is not simply acknowledging that certain facts about Christ are true. It’s reaching out to personally accept God’s remedy for sin. It is entrusting the destiny of your soul to Him for eternity. It is saying, “Save me, Lord Jesus. I believe that You can and will.” That’s “taking the medicine” … that’s receiving Jesus Christ!

Further thoughts:

The words in 1 John 2:22 seem quite harsh, “Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ?” But the truth is that knowing about Jesus isn’t the same as knowing Him. We must acknowledge Jesus as “the Christ, the Son of the living God” (Matthew 16:16). We must accept His forgiveness for our sins and enter into a personal relationship with Him. Faith isn’t just believing that Jesus can save; it’s asking Him to do it. The questions then remain:

(1) Have you invited Jesus to become your Savior, forgiving your sins and cleansing your heart?
(2) Or, maybe your knowledge of Him is in your head but not in your heart?
(3) He’s knocking at the door of your heart, just waiting for you to let Him in!
(4) Will you this moment His Grace receive?

--------------------
2 Timothy 2:15, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth"

Posts: 28 | From: Southwestern New York | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement