Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The Resurrected, Living Jesus wants to be the head of the body

Author Topic: The Resurrected, Living Jesus wants to be the head of the body
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A diamond in the rough has sharp edges.
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 5 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MentorsRiddle:
I wash myself of you.

Goodbye

And I shake off the dust from my feet and I suggest you not water weed seed in the days ahead.

Your post are nothing but opinion and not backed up by Biblical FACT.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wash myself of you.

Goodbye

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 5 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Maybe you "guys" can share your special talk in PM
HOW DARE YOU JUDGE ME!

Who is worthy among you to cast the first stone?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with his original post… Nothing.

You know nothing of my heart – nor of my love for God, who is almighty in heaven and ultimate God of all creation.

How dare you judge me, you hypocrite who have yet sinned like any other man.

No one is fit to judge me except the mighty God in heaven.

Constantly people find little flaws in Eden’s posts – while I admit there are sometimes Eden will say things I disagree with – there are other times that people will pick a trivial word from his post and compound it into something it was never meant to be.

I have been kind, patient and understanding of this behavior; even though I admit I have found it childish at times.

I have also been encouraging to each and every member of this board – prayed for those in pain with true love of a Christian brother.

I have read your words and others with a smile on my face at the love of God you are sharing.

But how is this love – to constantly chastise and belittle someone on every single thing they say?

Again, there is nothing wrong with his original post.

Do you disagree? Should we use our physical senses to follow God’s plan?

How could we? God operates by powers unseen!

I love you, my brother – but I will not roll over and take a verbal bashing from someone who knows nothing of me, nor my heart, nor my desire to please the Lord.

Do you know me better than the Lord?

Are you fit to judge me?

Shall I kneel to your power and your prideful ways?

You speak with words that wreak of judgment – while not always unfounded, you still have no room to speak to me that way.

I forgive you, but I will stop my communion with you 100% if you speak to me again as you did.

Why did you use “” calling me a guy?

Do you think I’m a woman? That’s what that hints towards.

That was a very disrespectful thing to say to anyone.

I understand Eden pretended to be a woman at one time, but I have made no such pretense in regards to my sexuality.

So please, choose your words carefully in the future when speaking to a sibling in Christ who is our Lord.

Eden was once BA who was removed from this board for his false teaching and came back by lie.

and don't worry I'm not a brother to any that sows weed seed, nor to those that help water it.

Your tone is like that of the guilty dog that got hit with the Rock of Truth when tossed in to the pack.

Good day.

Matthew 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Matthew 12:33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
Luke 6:44 For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Maybe you "guys" can share your special talk in PM
HOW DARE YOU JUDGE ME!

Who is worthy among you to cast the first stone?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with his original post… Nothing.

You know nothing of my heart – nor of my love for God, who is almighty in heaven and ultimate God of all creation.

How dare you judge me, you hypocrite who have yet sinned like any other man.

No one is fit to judge me except the mighty God in heaven.

Constantly people find little flaws in Eden’s posts – while I admit there are sometimes Eden will say things I disagree with – there are other times that people will pick a trivial word from his post and compound it into something it was never meant to be.

I have been kind, patient and understanding of this behavior; even though I admit I have found it childish at times.

I have also been encouraging to each and every member of this board – prayed for those in pain with true love of a Christian brother.

I have read your words and others with a smile on my face at the love of God you are sharing.

But how is this love – to constantly chastise and belittle someone on every single thing they say?

Again, there is nothing wrong with his original post.

Do you disagree? Should we use our physical senses to follow God’s plan?

How could we? God operates by powers unseen!

I love you, my brother – but I will not roll over and take a verbal bashing from someone who knows nothing of me, nor my heart, nor my desire to please the Lord.

Do you know me better than the Lord?

Are you fit to judge me?

Shall I kneel to your power and your prideful ways?

You speak with words that wreak of judgment – while not always unfounded, you still have no room to speak to me that way.

I forgive you, but I will stop my communion with you 100% if you speak to me again as you did.

Why did you use “” calling me a guy?

Do you think I’m a woman? That’s what that hints towards.

That was a very disrespectful thing to say to anyone.

I understand Eden pretended to be a woman at one time, but I have made no such pretense in regards to my sexuality.

So please, choose your words carefully in the future when speaking to a sibling in Christ who is our Lord.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
Eden,

I am replying only to your origional post and nothing more - as I no longer wish to read debate.

I can find no fault with what you have written and appriciate your time in posting.

It is true, we must rely on God for our way of life.

If we rely on our abilities alone, we are doomed to failure.

Thanks for your time in sharing.

Regards,

~Matt

Its not debate its Rebuke. We are to PRAY for our way of life that we may live in peace. When one cannot have a peaceful way of life God gives one the ability to maintain.

Maybe you "guys" can share your special talk in PM.

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

1 Timothy 2
1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

--------------------
That is all.....

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Profile for MentorsRiddle
Member Status: Advanced Member
Member Number: 2108
Interests: Whatever anyone wants to talk about
Birth Date: July 25, 1982
Have you placed your faith in Jesus Christ?: Yep
Do you have a web site?: nope
Does your Church have a web site?: nope
Are you a male or female?: male

--------------------
That is all.....

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Eden,

I am replying only to your origional post and nothing more - as I no longer wish to read debate.

I can find no fault with what you have written and appriciate your time in posting.

It is true, we must rely on God for our way of life.

If we rely on our abilities alone, we are doomed to failure.

Thanks for your time in sharing.

Regards,

~Matt

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John says "whosoever goeth onward and abideth not in the teaching of Christ hath not God: he that abideth in the teachings, the same hath both the Father and the Son" (2 John 9).

The Headship of Jesus cannot be separated from the teaching of Jesus.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
quote:
Eden/BA Repent/Apologize

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
Originally posted by Eden:
WildB wrote to Eden
quote:
If you don't stop your verbal bullying of Sister Carol ,,,
Please show me what you consider "bullying of sister Carol Swenson".

WildB continued
quote:
,,, I will make it a point to find you out.
Acts 4:29
And now, Lord, behold their threatenings; and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word ...

love, Eden

Oh now its sister Carol?
Please Ed!Don't your remember on this very thread this comment of yours?

"Elder" Carol Swenson wrote about Eden I'm shur that was done out of a great respect.

Your so funny. A promise is not a threat. And even more funny is your take on Acts 4:29 lol

Your posting of the Michael Herrision Heresies is neither bold and certainly not something a true servant would do the Lord rebukes you now. You have already been rebuked twice by the brothers for your teachings here.

Titus 3:10

10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

Repent while the day is yet called day.

--------------------
That is all.....

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WildB wrote to Eden
quote:
If you don't stop your verbal bullying of Sister Carol ,,,
Please show me what you consider "bullying of sister Carol Swenson".

WildB continued
quote:
,,, I will make it a point to find you out.
Acts 4:29
And now, Lord, behold their threatenings; and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word ...

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money (Matthew 6:19-24).

The point Jesus makes is that the one you serve is your master. But the world (that is the pursuit of self satisfaction and all that that entails) is opposed to God.

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 9 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Carol Swenson wrote, regarding Eden's post
quote:
Our thoughts should be about serving others in need, serving our Lord, not about how He gives us stuff.
Jesus gives us the complete package, He gives us the abundant life and He causes us to serve and help others and motivates us to help evangelize. Jesus is the Complete Package.

Carol Swenson also said
quote:
I rest my case.
That's wonderful news.

love, Eden

Well I guess the baseball fans don't need the Sanctification of the Holy Spirit.

Please stop forwarding your Harrison heresies!
AND,
If you don't stop your verbal bullying of Sister Carol I will make it a point to find you out.

Now for the baseball fans that this heretic may try to confuse.

What does sanctification have to do with salvation?

We discovered in our previous article that justification includes two major aspects: (1) God forgives our sins and counts the righteousness of Christ for us; (2) God bestows Christ's righteousness upon us by the gift of the Holy Spirit.

What is sanctification, and what does it have to do with salvation? Since justification is salvation, why is sanctification necessary?

The Greek word for "sanctification" used in the New Testament also means "holiness."(1) The verb "to sanctify" means "to make holy."(2) When God sanctifies believers, He does not only set them apart for a holy use, He makes them holy. Obviously believers cannot be set apart for holy uses unless they are first made holy people. Jesus was "sanctified and sent into the world" (John 10:36)(3) in the sense that, because He was perfectly holy, He could be set apart for a special holy work, the work of saving the world from sin. When Jesus prayed, "Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth" (John 17:17), He was asking that His followers should be made holy and, therefore, be useful for the holy work for which He had chosen them. First He made them holy, and then He "sent them into the world" (verse 18).

But how are believers sanctified? The apostle Paul addressed that question in his epistle to the Romans. "For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to greater and greater iniquity, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness for sanctification" (Rom. 6:19). "But now that you have been freed from sin and enslaved to God, the advantage you get is sanctification" (verse 22). The gift of righteousness is what sanctifies a person. In the book of Romans, Paul speaks of justification as the gift of the righteousness of God (Rom. 1:16, 17; 3:21-24; 4:22-25). This gift is what sanctifies or makes holy. When we are justified, we are "freed from sin" (Rom. 6:22), delivered from the impurity and iniquity that had been reigning in our lives (verse 19). The result of justification is that we are sanctified or made holy.

After something has been bestowed upon us, we then possess it. Justification is Christ bestowed. Sanctification is Christ possessed. Justification is Christ coming into our hearts every day as we surrender to Him. Sanctification is Christ dwelling in our hearts every day. Justification causes sanctification. Holiness (sanctification) in the heart is the result of Christ's gift of Himself to us by the Holy Spirit.

Never does the Bible say that we sanctify ourselves or that our works make us holy. The consistent teaching of Scripture is that the Holy Spirit makes us holy. Believers in Christ have been "sanctified by the Spirit to be obedient to Jesus Christ" (1 Peter 1:2). Our salvation is "through sanctification by the Spirit and through belief in the truth" (2 Thess. 2:13). Believing Gentiles are "sanctified by the Holy Spirit" (Rom. 15:16).

The gift of righteousness in justification sanctifies us or makes us holy, because in justification the Holy Spirit is poured into our hearts (Titus 3:5-7; Rom. 5:1, 2, 5; 8:9, 10; Gal. 3:3-14). This is why justification and sanctification are inseparable. If a rich man gives you a check for a million dollars, you deposit the check in your bank account, and you are now rich. It was the gift that made you rich. Just so, Christ's gift of Himself to us by the Holy Spirit makes us spiritually rich. His gift is justification; the result is holiness or sanctification. You cannot have one without the other. That is why it is incorrect to say that justification is righteousness by faith alone and sanctification is by faith plus works. Never in Scripture is holiness something earned by human works. It is the possession of those into whose hearts Christ has come. Sanctification is an inevitable, inseparable aspect of the experience of righteousness and salvation by faith (grace) alone.

Sanctification is both present holiness in Christ and growth in holiness in Christ. Sanctification is the immediate and long term work of the Holy Spirit in our hearts.

--------------------
That is all.....

Eden
unregistered

Carol Swenson wrote, regarding Eden's post
quote:
Our thoughts should be about serving others in need, serving our Lord, not about how He gives us stuff.
Jesus gives us the complete package, He gives us the abundant life and He causes us to serve and help others and motivates us to help evangelize. Jesus is the Complete Package.

Carol Swenson also said
quote:
I rest my case.
That's wonderful news.

love, Eden

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hi, WildB, you wrote
quote:
Here we go again. Christ wants to be ?

Last time my gift of six sense , you know the discerning of spirits, says Christ Jesus IS THE HEAD.

Of course Jesus IS the head already, but the problem is that a lot of Christians are not LETTING Him be the head and they continue to lean on their own understanding.

That is, they continue to make all their decisions on the basis of their own 5 senses, which its limited knowledge, and as long as a Christian continues to "lean on his own understanding", the Lord Jesus cannot be his head because the Christian is still being his own head.

It is only when a Christian abandons "leaning on his own understanding" that Jesus can be his head because you cannot have two heads on one body. That's why I said that Jesus WANTS to be the head but Christians aren't letting Him be the head.

A Christian should say every day to the Lord, "Lord, please instruct me and teach me which way I should go and guide me with Your eye today", and then rest in faith that He will really do it.

love, Eden

More Michael Harrison Rants that are not correct teaching.

So BA if Christ is going to guide with his eye in this Dispensation of Grace like you say why did he say this,

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

You really need to stop forwarding your Michael Harrison heresies.

Repent while the day is yet called day.

--------------------
That is all.....

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carol Swenson:
quote:
The Lord Jesus gives us power, prestige, and money.

I rest my case.

What will you do if He knocks you down and blinds you? (Acts 9:4)

Hebrews 11:36 - 40 (NASB)
36and others experienced mockings and scourgings, yes, also chains and imprisonment. 37They were stoned, Łthey were sawn in two, they were tempted, they were put to death with the sword; they went about in sheepskins, in goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, ill-treated 38(men of whom the world was not worthy), wandering in deserts and mountains and caves and holes in the ground. 39And all these, having gained approval through their faith, did not receive what was promised, 40because God had provided something better for us, so that apart from us they would not be made perfect.

Amen Carol!!!

Our true Brethren in the 10/40 might not agree with Eden/Ba's theology, as their faith can cost them their property, their families, their freedom and their very lives. Just as with the early Church.

Not one of the Apostles was endowed by God with worldly prosperity.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I rest my case.

What will you do if He knocks you down and blinds you? (Acts 9:4)

Hebrews 11:36 - 40 (NASB)
36and others experienced mockings and scourgings, yes, also chains and imprisonment. 37They were stoned, they were sawn in two, they were tempted, they were put to death with the sword; they went about in sheepskins, in goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, ill-treated 38(men of whom the world was not worthy), wandering in deserts and mountains and caves and holes in the ground. 39And all these, having gained approval through their faith, did not receive what was promised, 40because God had provided something better for us, so that apart from us they would not be made perfect.

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
>>>Some teach that the "beheaded" are the physically martyred.
Some teach that the "beheaded" are those who spiritually have given headship to Christ.

Luke 9:58 And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.
>>>Fox's dens and bird nests are about reproduction, the worldly give Christ no place in headship and reproduction.
Mark 4:38 And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?
>>>Christ has a place for his head among His disciples, even in storms.

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

quote:
Eden/BA Repent/Apologize

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Eden
unregistered

wow, what an astonishing commentary coming from presumably "elders" in the church ...

"Elder" Carol Swenson wrote about Eden
quote:
A manipulative bully is preoccupied with image, particularly his own.

The reality, however, is vastly different. If you see through his mask, a disturbing truth appears: he is scheming and deceitful, driven by an obsessive desire for power, prestige and money.

Dear friends, it is VERY BIBLICAL to have the Resurrected Lord Jesus lead me into green pastures beside quiet waters and for the Lord to prepare a table for me in the midst of my enemies:

Psalm 23
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Psalm 27:11
Teach me Your way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of my enemies.

Psalm 27:12
Deliver me not over to the will of my enemies; for false witnesses are risen up against me, such as breathe out cruelty.

What in my Topic is so "deceptive" and "manipulative"? All I'm doing is asking the Resurrected Living Lord Jesus to "instruct me" and "teach me which way I should go" and to "guide me with His eye" (Psalm 32:8)? I thank you for all your kind answers.

"Elder" Carol Swenson wrote about Eden
quote:

... he is scheming and deceitful, driven by an obsessive desire for power, prestige and money.

Deuteronomy 8:18
But you shall remember the LORD your God: for it is He who gives you power to get wealth ...

Deuteronomy 28:13
And the LORD shall make you the head and not the tail; and you shall be above only, and you shall not be beneath ...

Matthew 9:8
But when the multitudes saw it, they marvelled and glorified God who had given such power to men.

How can I live the "abundant life" unless the Lord leads me there?

John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy; but I am come that they might have life and that they might have it more abundantly.

All things are possible with God, Christian friends.

Matthew 19:26
Then Jesus looked at them and said to them, "With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself also in the LORD; and He shall give you the desires of your heart.

love, Eden
"LORD, judge between me and my friends"

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Caretaker [thumbsup2] WildB [thumbsup2]

A manipulative bully is preoccupied with image, particularly his own.

The reality, however, is vastly different. If you see through his mask, a disturbing truth appears: he is scheming and deceitful, driven by an obsessive desire for power, prestige and money.

Kickbully

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Eden/BA Repent

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
1 Thess. 5:
14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
15 See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.
16 Rejoice evermore.
17 Pray without ceasing.
18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
19 Quench not the Spirit.
20 Despise not prophesyings.
21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Cool whats that one about reprove a H 2 X

Titus 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

--------------------
That is all.....

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 Thess. 5:
14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
15 See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.
16 Rejoice evermore.
17 Pray without ceasing.
18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
19 Quench not the Spirit.
20 Despise not prophesyings.
21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

quote:

But even my "ordinary" life has become "extraordinary" as my God Jesus in heaven now directs me to the finest vegetables and to the best buys and sales and events, that He can find for my budget.

Everything is now going good as God Jesus guides my life from heaven, not so much that "He will do whatever He wants with me", but God Jesus teaches me and leads me into the abundant life, which also INCLUDES the things which are near and dear to God's heart like evangelization, worship music, Christian books and Bible study.

Psalm 32:8
"I will instruct You and teach you which way you should go and guide you with My eye", says the Lord.

love, Eden

No repentance and never an apology for deceiving the Brethren. Not the Will of God for a Believer.

Just pop back in to "teach" again.

Always in the shadows.

Same old BA.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Lordship of Christ

quote:

The Holy Spirit is in the process of conforming the saint to the image of Christ. It begins in this present life in the Spirit’s work of sanctification, and it is not completed until we meet Christ in heaven. Christ’s perfections are so wonderful that we will ever bear but a dim reflection of Him in all of His glory.

Christ’s lordship leaves nothing out of our lives. What is the Holy Spirit putting His finger on in my life that needs to change? Is there some sinful attitude, behavior, desire, or goal that needs to be taken to the cross and crucified? Do I die daily to sinful desires? When you take off the old man and put on the new you are yielding to the lordship of Jesus Christ.

We have life in the Spirit. This is where the awesome power of God is at work. As we yield to the Holy Spirit working in our lives, we are able to overcome sin (Gal. 5:16).

God leads us into a deeper understanding of the Christ-life as we walk with Him. As we grow in Christ, we gain a clearer and deeper understanding of God’s purpose in our lives. God lives in us through the Holy Spirit.

The lordship of Christ is vitally related to our sanctification because we have been set apart for God’s use. We are set apart for His holy purposes. We are reserved for that which will bring glory to Him alone.

Get out of God's way and let Him truly move in your heart and life. Yield oneself to the Potter's Hand.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have to be prepared to be different, to live by a different agenda. To live for the things of Jesus Christ and not for the things of this world (wealth, comfort, status, satisfaction of our physical desires).

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (Matthew 6:21 NIV)

Eden
unregistered

Hi, WildB, you wrote
quote:

Last time my gift of six sense , you know the discerning of spirits, says Christ Jesus IS THE HEAD.

Of course Jesus IS the head already, but the problem is that a lot of Christians are not LETTING Him be the head and they continue to lean on their own understanding.

That is, they continue to make all their decisions on the basis of their own 5 senses, which its limited knowledge, and as long as a Christian continues to "lean on his own understanding", the Lord Jesus cannot be his head because the Christian is still being his own head.

It is only when a Christian abandons "leaning on his own understanding" that Jesus can be his head because you cannot have two heads on one body. That's why I said that Jesus WANTS to be the head but Christians aren't letting Him be the head.

A Christian should say every day to the Lord, "Lord, please instruct me and teach me which way I should go and guide me with Your eye today", and then rest in faith that He will really do it.

love, Eden

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 9 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Jesus of Nazareth is now the Resurrected, Living Lord Jesus, and Jesus wants to be the head of the body of the church:

love, Eden

I really think you should prayerfully learn how to correctly post that you not harm the little ones.

Now go and be silly no more!

--------------------
That is all.....

Brother Paul
Advanced Member
Member # 7959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brother Paul   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen, run that race brother...the goal is finishing not winning...He already has won and you are in Him...

The Lord bless

Brother Paul

Posts: 235 | From: Cambridge, MA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Jesus of Nazareth is now the Resurrected, Living Lord Jesus, and Jesus wants to be the head of the body of the church:

Colossians 1:18
And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Human beings make their decisions on the information provided by their 5 senses, so Jesus says, "do not rely on your own understanding":

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not unto your own understanding.

Hosea 13:2
And now they sin more and more, and have made them molten images of their silver, and idols according to their own understanding, all of it the work of the craftsmen: they say of them, Let the men that sacrifice kiss the calves.

So the Resurrected Living Lord Jesus is saying to ALL of us Christians, "stop leaning on your own understanding" because it is limited and LET ME sent you MY THOUGHTS and MY WAYS because "My ways are higher than your ways" and "My thoughts are higher than your thoughts".

So by faith we are to say by Jesus, "Lord, You instruct me with Your thoughts and You teach me which way I should go and You guide me with Your eye":

I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you shall go: and I will guide you with My eye.

Isaiah 9:2
The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them has the light shined.

Isaiah 28:26
For his God does instruct him to discretion and does teach him.

When we say to the Resurrected Living Jesus in heaven, "okay, by faith I will no longer rely on my 5 senses, which is limited data, I will instead rely on You because You can see everything and You know the future, so I will rely on Your thoughts and on Your ways" to counsel me through life.

Then, by faith, I stop doing my own thinking by saying to the Resurrected, Living Lord Jesus, "Okay, You promised You would instruct me and teach me which way I should go and that You would guide me with Your eye", I will now by faith BELIEVE that you are really being my head for me.

And then I just relax and "stand still" and "watch what happens next".

Some will say, "I am God's and He will do whatever He wants with me." Yes, but God Jesus is not going to do anything weird with me. God Jesus is going to teach me how to live the abundant life, by now "directing my life from heaven" which is going to be a MUCH BETTER LIFE than I could have ever thought of if I had continued to "rely on my own understanding".

It is because Jesus is now "counseling me from heaven by way of the Holy Spirit which is in me" that "my Christian life has now become the abundant life" that I always hoped for but never could quite find.

So it is not so much that "I am God's and He will do whatever He wants with me", it is that God Jesus now "instructs me" from heaven and "teaches me" from heaven and "guides me with His eye" from heaven because "He knows everything and He can see the future". This is what He wants do for the children of God who are saved by the blood of Jesus.

Now, don't misunderstand me, God Jesus is also interested in evangelizing and in getting me to listen to Christian music and in getting me to read Christian books, and so the Resurrected Living Jesus also "instruct me" and "teaches me" and "guides me" into those Christian paths.

But even my "ordinary" life has become "extraordinary" as my God Jesus in heaven now directs me to the finest vegetables and to the best buys and sales and events, that He can find for my budget.

Everything is now going good as God Jesus guides my life from heaven, not so much that "He will do whatever He wants with me", but God Jesus teaches me and leads me into the abundant life, which also INCLUDES the things which are near and dear to God's heart like evangelization, worship music, Christian books and Bible study.

"I will instruct You and teach you which way you should go and guide you with My eye", says the Lord.

love, Eden

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement