Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Think about what we are saying.

Author Topic: Think about what we are saying.
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your post, Copper25.

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Should We Forgive Those Who Show No Repentance?

http://thechristianbbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=007178#000000

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While everything you say is true, it is easier to do when just visit occasionally. But, when you here regularly and have someone who just nips and nips at your heels, it is human to eventually, kick back. Is it nice or even something to be proud of? Of course not, but I still do not have my glorified perfect body, so I am still prone to temptation.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 Corinthians 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Who am I to speak, but let me speak on this occasion. Coming to the this site at times I do read things that I find rather disturbing such as name-calling, or comments of others which are designed to hurt (whether you know it or not; acknowledge it or not) our fellow Christians who contibute to this site. Now I know truly that we are going to not agree on every thing like; pre-trib/post-trib rapture or Once-Saved, Always Saved/Once-Saved,Stay Saved; (Note: I am not trying to go to ethier of these topics on this post, so lets not touch these on this specific thread) but we should never let disagreements destroy brotherly love. We should not let disagreements cause the development of thoughts of animosity toword each other.

When we resort to actions and hurttful speech, we are

1)Not doing the will of Christ and the Father.

Didn't Jesus say in Gethsemane;

(John 17:20-21) "Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me."

My fellow Christians, what is the second of the two commandments on which the law and the prophets hang? Truly, it is written (Matthew 22:39) "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

When we speak sharp words toward each other such as insults, slander, and even all out lies against each other, we are choosing to walk in rebellion against Our Savior, our King, Jesus Christ. We are litterally choosing to not listen to Him which came from heaven!

Hebrews 12:25-26) See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven; Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

Why do we then run these actions that contradict the will of the Lord Jesus Christ?

Proverbs 29:20) Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words? there is more hope of a fool than of him.

Frankly this leads us straight to the second point…

2) It is sinful to be hostile toward our brethren, whether it be in word, in thought, or in action.

We need to be aware of this; I truly believe this is the one main reason that we will ever resort to sin.

We do not keep in mind who God is or we don’t take to heart who God is. It is written “ (1Corinthians 15:34) “Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God:”. Again, (proverbs 3:17) “Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.” And yet again (proverbs 8:13) “The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.”

If a dog is put on a leash, won’t the leash restrict his movement when he tries to walk past a certain proximity from the owner? In the same way, when we keep our eyes upon God, remembering that our God is not only a God of mercy, love, and kindness; but also of wrath against all evil, of judgment, and righteousness, it can literally hold us back that we sin not.

Hebrews 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Proverbs 29:20 Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words? there is more hope of a fool than of him.

James 3:5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!

James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

It would be better for us to hold our peace all together (mouth or keyboard), then to yield ourselves to evil.

3) Consider that when ever we offend a fellow Christian, we are literally offending Christ!

Jesus said (Matthew 25:40) "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

This does not just apply to positive things like comforting, giving to a Christian in need, interceding, visiting when in jail, sick…etc; but when we choose to resort to negative actions such as name calling, gossiping, defrauding, and lying; we are literally doing these things to Christ. So when we lie to our fellow Christian, we are lying to Christ. When we use our mouth as a sword against our brethren, using offensive word, it is like we are standing before Christ in the throne room speaking the same! Let us really consider this, it is not a light thing in the sight of the Almighty God who sits in heavens, whose face is against evil and all lawlessness; when we choose to be hostile or condescending toward our brethren. I say this truly, let us fear God and show loving actions toward each other.\

4) When we lash out against our brethren verbally, physically.. Etc, we are giving Satan a window, a weak spot to penetrate into.
If a tiger picks up the scent of blood; shall he not go to investigate; and if he sees a wounded animal, wont’ he go to devour, to pounce, to hasten for the kill? Likewise then, when we submit ourselves to wickedness; Isn’t that when Satan shall come from the shadows and devour, weak, and destroy. Any good army general shall exploit, that is take advantage of any weakness that the opposition has in their defense. Likewise, when Satan sees us walking into the pathways of sin; Is Satan just going to say “you know he looks kind of vulnerable right now so I will wait” or will he sink his claws right in trying to wear you down and destroy you faith, to render you immobile in muddy mire of unbelief?

1Pe 5:8 Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

Ephesians 4:26-27 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil.

One last little commit for now: Jesus said (John 13:34-36) A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

I don’t think name calling, insults, and things of the such are what Christ meant at all. What do we covey to someone visiting the site when we act immature?

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement