Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The Mother of all Days...

Author Topic: The Mother of all Days...
John Hale
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well said.

And we all do what we have to do to get by... so I am not casting shame on women who must work outside the home.

But I only submit this as something serious to consider and to make it a higher priority than personal whimsy... "I choose a career" fine... don't have kids. If you chose to bear children then see it through if you can...

If you can't then rely heavily upon the Church for help as that is part of what its for!!!

Again... we all have to do what we must in order to keep a roof over our heads... but keep in mind... no day care worker will ever love your child as much as you do and will not be as willing as you are to deal with your child on that basis...

This is of paramount importance... and is half the reason why mothering is the highest calling... the other half is of course bearing the children.

God bless. And Happy Mother's Day!!!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
byfaith
Advanced Member
Member # 8061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for byfaith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for this post [Smile]

As a former worker outside the home, and now a homemaker and teacher to my children, thank you.

I have had MORE rewards being right here in this home cooking cleaning teaching and (learning myself) than any job ever gave me.

The License for my former profession should be hanging above my laundry room door now...to remind me of what I would be missing here at the home.

Posts: 160 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Hale
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Mother's Day to the mommies out there!

Today is a day in Church often dedicated to how great mothers are. And that is a great place to start. But what I am driving at is how much mothers and get no real credit for.

Most will make mention up to and some years beyond actual childbirth (no doubt it is a sermon on its own)... but women and especially mothers are the keepers of the home.

House keeper has gotten a bad stigma around it. Home maker one who keeps the home in order and clean and safe an environment for the family to dwell and to retreat into for sanctuary from the world...

Gentlemen and children look at your wife / mother. She holds it all together, oversees its function, plans for its future (from meal planning to grocery shopping to what furniture needs replacing and on and on).

And today... in the pit of hell attitude that a woman who does not work outside of the home for income is not doing her fair share of bearing the load... I could just clobber a guy who says that about his wife or mother or any other woman...

Gentlemen we should try to wear their apron for one week. One day would probably kill us. I did it for three weeks when my dearest tore her hamstrings while trotting with a harnessed llama who decided to bolt and jerked her instantly horizontal about two feet above ground and then she landed and was drug a couple of feet before letting the lead go...

I literally had one hour sleep per day for the next week from keeping the home and nursing my bride who could not even go to the bathroom without my holding her over the potty...

I learned thank God I learned just what you ladies go through each day! And how much more when kiddos are part of the day as well. I counted 3 full time jobs without kids... with kids I imagine at least 3 more full time jobs...

And then comes dad from his one full time job, anxious about his racket ball match with a buddy in a couple hours... sees the house in a wreck and starts in on "how come the house is a wreck and dinner isn't ready and you don't care that racket ball is my one outlet and what have you been doing all day?"

I say... best response is... fine, I'm going out right now to have an outlet... spa treatment getting nails done God forbid a day of beauty...

"You take over from here..." get your things and walk out to the car and drive off.

Screaming kids no food dirty diapers and suddenly no means to go to his beloved match with his buddy...

Quite a wake up call.

If he's a jerk when you get back check on the kids and leave again. Eventually he'll get the message and his priorities will improve.

Most times things will not get done unless you do them or find someway to squeeze them into your already impossible schedule.

Guys... we are supposed to provide and help out with such things now that we don't have to go off to war every spring and go on hunting expeditions to forage for our families' food...

We have a lot of extra energy and time on our hands thanks to modern convenience and civilized society. The masculine tendency is towards laziness. I'll say it. Or selfishness (what about me or my times / hobbies / interests)...

Look at the cultures where the women do just about everything and the men sit in groups and gossip as the women carry the well water to the hut.

If I can also say... Mothers... {gulp} with only a bit of constructive criticism in mind...

You need to stop pampering your sons so much... I mean I understand why you do it... mothers/sons as is the case with fathers/daughters BUT you do your sons no favors by not equipping him to run the household as well as you do and as you train and expect your daughters to be able to.

We need to know how to cook and clean and sew and shop and pitch in till the job is done no matter how tired or how much one misses their leisure... and when a husband and wife (especially where kids are concerned) pitch in and work as a team... leisure is more abundant for both and far more precious...

Women, before you follow the urge to become a mother... the most noble role on earth... be very certain you are committed to fulfilling the most demanding role on earth once you decide to become a mother.

You will have those babies to care for in some form or fashion the rest of their lives. I say it that way because you also run the risk of outliving those you pray to never outlive. It's so unnatural yet it is as historic as the first mother and father on earth (when Cain slew his brother Abel). So be very sober about what you are getting yourself into!

The children ARE a reason to stay together in marriage. The are they are they are!!! Separate bedrooms separate ends of the house cops being called in to break it up whatever it takes to honor the commitment you made to one another at least until you can fulfill the commitment you made to the live you brought into the world.

Mom... those babies are individuals... and not possessions of yours... you made and make the supreme sacrifice for them... but they are not tools to manipulate or weapons to launch at another (especially not their father).

Guilt is a thing that comes between a mother and her children and usually causes resentment. But appreciation for a good mother will eventually come (even when it seems it never will) a reward and a relationship with your babies only cheapened by the fast fix of guilting them to say and do whatever it takes to get you off their backs.

Mother's Day is a way of thanking and celebrating Mom. She deserves a week a year.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement